*** BLADE RUNNER 2049 *** (Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford)

23,896 Views | 209 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Max Power
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Pumped for this.

Hadn't even seen the original until last year, but I really liked it. And I love this style of movie.

The orginal one? You have to be more precise.Which version are you talking About?
TCTTS
AG
Nothing about Brian's Post was confusing. Ha, what are YOU talking about?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Had to look it up. Theatrical.

I recognized the footage from The Shining.
spanky
AG
Well those reviews are probably hyping me up too much, but Villeneuve hasn't let me down yet
Max Power
AG
I don't get out to see as many movies as I'd like, but I won't miss this one, so ready.
Raggy09
AG
I AM AT MAX HYPE.
Duncan Idaho
TCTTS said:

Nothing about Brian's Post was confusing. Ha, what are YOU talking about?

There are something like 8 versions of the orginal movie. Saying you just watched the orginal movie leads to the question of "which one?" 3 of them could be reasonably assumed as the one that he saw. (Us theatrical cut, directors cut, and the final cut.

SeattleAgJr
TCTTS said:

Twitter embargo just lifted. Actual reviews still embargoed until next week (for now)...

No offense, but none of those people mean anything to me.....

Not criticizing, just why did you select those? In comparison to their past rating of movies?

Why them? (and yes, I know the "renowned" reviewers will wait)
tamusc
AG
"Blade Runner 2049 early reactions call sequel 'stunning', 'Oscar-worthy'"

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/26/16368964/blade-runner-2049-reactions
TCTTS
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

TCTTS said:

Twitter embargo just lifted. Actual reviews still embargoed until next week (for now)...

No offense, but none of those people mean anything to me.....

Not criticizing, just why did you select those? In comparison to their past rating of movies?

Why them? (and yes, I know the "renowned" reviewers will wait)

Huh? Who should I have "selected?" These were simply "verified" accounts (basically meaning they have lots of followers) who happened to be part of the very limited group of critics/press who were invited to see the movie last week. This is the same process literally every movie is subject to. These very same critics will write their full reviews next week. Sony is just limiting reactions to Twitter right now.
SeattleAgJr
chill. I said to not take offense. given you are in the industry I figured you would be selecting people you knew or follow, not just randos.

i was looking for insight given your connections, not a lecture.
Tonyperkis
AG
Wow, these twitter reviews are some high praise. Proven Director plus awesome movie concept plus excellent reviews....trying to keep expectations down but failing. The anticipation of movies like this is why I love the cinema.
TCTTS
AG
Apologies. I misread your "renowned" comment as a dig at critics in general. It took me a minute to realize what you really meant by that.
SeattleAgJr
fair enough.
SeattleAgJr
Anime prequel is out.

watch it while it is up, otherwise watch in low def on CrunchyRoll.
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

So it is basically re-telling the original story? 'Cause that's what Aliens did with regard to Alien, albeit with guns and more critters.

edit - doesn't matter, I am seeing Blade Runner 2049. Alien is better than Aliens but Aliens was a hell of a great movie nonetheless.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I think you're mistaking the quote.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
How so?
Sex Panther
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

So it is basically re-telling the original story? 'Cause that's what Aliens did with regard to Alien, albeit with guns and more critters.

edit - doesn't matter, I am seeing Blade Runner 2049. Alien is better than Aliens but Aliens was a hell of a great movie nonetheless.

I take it as there's a lot more action
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Aliens
Terminator 2

That said, the first of each of those was still masterful.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh ****, Deakins shot this? My excitement just tripled.
Chipotlemonger
AG
What Panther said.

Same universe, some character carry over, but more of an action-driven story.
toucan82
Does bill paxton freak out about things?
TCTTS
AG
Living Legend
AG
NVM
Raggy09
AG
The embargo lifted earlier today, and wow. There is high praise all around.

Rotten Tomatoes Blade Runner 2049 97%

Quote:

Careful, dutiful, and beautiful, Blade Runner 2049 cannot achieve the sublime slipperiness of Scott's masterpiece. Whether it even needs to is up to you.
Quote:

As the break between installments would suggest, it's a furthering of not just the original story but the original world, and that's quite an accomplishment.
Quote:

Will cinematographer Roger Deakins, having been nominated for an Academy Award 13 times, finally receive a damn Oscar? Yes. I hope it's yes. It should be "yes."
Quote:

Villeneuve's dazzling sequel is on its own march to screen legend. Gosling and Ford are double dynamite in a mesmerizing mindbender that asks new questions meant to tantalize, provoke and keep us up nights. Would you have it any other way?
Quote:

Even when its emotions risk running as cool as its palette, 2049 reaches for, and finds, something remarkable: the elevation of mainstream moviemaking to high art.
Quote:

A voluptuous mood bath that's impressively sustained from beginning to end.
Quote:

Blade Runner 2049 offers a stunning, immersive and fascinating journey through a strange and familiar world.
Quote:

It may seem premature to ascribe the word 'masterpiece' to a legacyquel of a heady sci-fi head-scratcher from the '80s, but its audacity and formal perfection - not to mention its thematic weight - leave no other alternative.
Quote:

Forty years after his death, people still argue over which Elvis, the slim young Adonis or the portly middle aged crooner, was better. Forty years from now, people may be having that debate about these Blade Runners.
Quote:

Rather than being overly beholden to its predecessor it immediately, but subtly, expands the world, while unraveling its mysterious and meandering plot in a surprising and refreshingly forthright manner.
Quote:

It organically expands and grows what came before. It's a deep, rich, smart film that's visually awesome and full of great sci-fi concepts, and one that was well worth the 35-year wait.
Quote:

Blade Runner 2049 supersedes its predecessor in a number of ways, and is not only a brilliant sci-fi movie, but one of the best movies of the year.
zgood10
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
This is sounding better and better.
Raggy09
AG
Saw it in 4k at Alamo Drafthouse a couple weeks back. So worth it.
Living Legend
AG
Which version of Blade Runner is considered to be the best?
Raggy09
AG
2007 final cut is the best version imo. I can't stand the post-production narration.
Btron
AG
Which one has Deckard narrating? That one is my favorite

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.