*** BLADE RUNNER 2049 *** (Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford)

23,800 Views | 209 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Btron said:

Which one has Deckard narrating? That one is my favorite
The theatrical version that first showed in 1982. I think they took out the narration in all the other versions (although admittedly, while I have seen every version, I have seen many of the various versions only once, save for the Final Edition, so my memory may be wrong here).
Sex Panther
AG
98% on Rotten Tomatoes
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Just got my ticket for next Friday, first showing. It's not an IMAX screen but it is a big one with a great sound system.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just finished Final Cut.

Gotta say this is a much better version. Not to mention the unicorn scene completely changes the meaning of the last scene.
SeattleAgJr
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just finished Final Cut.

Gotta say this is a much better version. Not to mention the unicorn scene completely changes the meaning of the last scene.
or DOES it.....
amercer
AG
Is the directors cut the same thing as the final cut? I've never seen any version, but SyFy is showing the directors cut this week.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
amercer said:

Is the directors cut the same thing as the final cut? I've never seen any version, but SyFy is showing the directors cut this week.
I don't think so, technically speaking. I want to say they released the director's cut in the early 90s. The final cut was released much later, maybe within the last 5 years or so. I cannot specify the differences between the two cuts.
Bunbury
AG
Final cut is authorized by Ridley Scott. Directors cut was put together with extra footage other people found, but Ridley Scott disputed their product. Final cut was his response to directors cut to get his product right
TCTTS
AG
24 hours.

Who's seeing it when and where?

Got my tickets for 7 PM Thursday at Mann's Chinese IMAX. Prime seats.

Cannot wait.
Sex Panther
AG
Tomorrow at Alamo Dallas. Watching Final Cut tonight.
TCTTS
AG
Nice. I've still somehow never been to an Alamo.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Friday.
TCTTS
AG
Man, I should have done The Final Cut theatrically tonight. Jealous.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

Millennium Falcon
I've lost count of the number of times I've watched Blade Runner. At least 3 times on a theater screen, then countless number of viewings on various forms of home theater media - VHS, DVD, BluRay ... Among all those viewings, I have never picked out the Millennium Falcon. Yes, I know they used a miniature of Han Solo's ship somewhere in those wonderful miniature cityscapes, but have just never seen it. Where did you spot it?
zgood10
AG
Friday 3:15 IMAX at Edwards Marq*E
TCTTS
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
So many thoughts on this movie. There's no way I can gather them in one post.

That was a stunning film.

Okay, I am so glad I avoided as much of the clips and interviews and things as I could leading up to this. It never, ever even occurred to me that Gosling could be a replicant. That was such a stunning revelation to me and I'm glad it wasn't ruined for me

Every scene Leto was in was just so good. He was the perfect choice for that role.

So, in the future, Los Angeles gathers up all their trash and dumps it in San Diego? That's funny.
Bunk Moreland
Visually it was stunning. The opening was fantastic. Gosling did well. It definitely was the blade runner world.

But it was so damn long for no reason. Filled with fat that never got trimmed. So many unnecessary and overly long scenes that added nothing. Tried to pack top much fluff in.

I think it fell apart a bit in the 3rd act, which was the most crucial part.

I didn't dislike it, but I probably won't see it again. And for that reason I left disappointed.
Simplebay
AG
Rivaled the first. Gosling was perfect. It was possibly the most visually stunning film I've ever seen.

So much subtext and subtley. Amazing flick. Seenit in IMAX.... The Edwards MarqE was full frame the whole time and actually overall looked better than Dunkirk.

Downside... it was overly long, and waited too long to get Harrison in there.

Stunning nonetheless and Deakins is just Christ on a bike
Log
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

But it was so damn long for no reason. Filled with fat that never got trimmed. So many unnecessary and overly long scenes that added nothing. Tried to pack top much fluff in.

I think it fell apart a bit in the 3rd act, which was the most crucial part.
Disagree. I think it was just long enough to answer most of our questions, while leaving enough open to keep us wondering (unlike the mess of the 7-8 cuts of the first movie). And there is plenty of material left to round out the trilogy (yeah, I'm going there), with Deckard's sex trophy, Wallace, Joe, and Joi, who I think exists in material form somewhere for Joe to find. Yeah, Joe ain't dead. As well as the replicant war for their freedom against humans.
TCSD84
Very well done. Saw it last night as double feature with 2007 version of original (don't like the ending vs the original directors cut).
VanZandt92
Finally going to see this over the holidays in Houston. It is out of theatre in most places now. Damn.
SeattleAgJr
VanZandt92 said:

Finally going to see this over the holidays in Houston. It is out of theatre in most places now. Damn.
out on home video in less than a month
swimmerbabe11
I've gotta say when there are pages devoted to bragging about if you made it through the movie without a bathroom break or not.. it's probably too long.
swimmerbabe11
I hated that it ended with his death, but I would be real annoyed if they brought him back. That was a beautiful arc and end to a character. It would make more sense to bring back his girlfriend than him (whose death broke my heart, she was great)
maca1028
I've only seen the original one once and don't remember much about it. Can I go into to new one with rewatching the original?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Watched this over the course of a couple days in the evening. I have to say I really enjoyed it.
TCTTS
AG
Random came across this on YouTube. So good...

Max Power
AG
Gosling is a lot of fun.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.