Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,145,450 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well you threw us off when asking about gold in the room during the cersei/iron bank scene.

The iron bank isn't anyone's ally, and cersei isn't either. I dont think there are any delusiona about that even before that conversation.
MaroonStain
AG
'Bank' and 'ally' in the same sentence? Well we are talking about a show with dragons and walking ice dead.
Texags is garbage
Eliminating a majority of Euron's fleet should be tactic #1 for the Dany Camp right now. I feel like Jamie is destined to head North at some point. Damn this was a fantastic episode.
Wizard
sbarnett84 said:

Some believe Melisandre is the red star in this statement from her in the books:

"It is written in prophecy as well. When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone."

--Melisandre, SoS, pg. 289

I think this is what she means by dying in this land in tonight's episode

Thanks for sharing this. This definitely gives context to the Varys/Mel scene.
Wizard
The fact that Ghost wasn't next to Jon when arriving at the beach on Dragonstons is a damn shame.
MaroonStain
AG
another angry ag said:

Eliminating a majority of Euron's fleet should be tactic #1 for the Dany Camp right now. I feel like Jamie is destined to head North at some point. Damn this was a fantastic episode.

That'll be the ship-mounted ballistas...then Dany will be down a dragon or two and a bunch of pony tails on horseees.

Bran wargs the Ice Dragon FTMFW!!!
Texags is garbage
Wizard said:

The fact that Ghost wasn't next to Jon when arriving at the beach on Dragonstons is a damn shame.
I've been listening to a few GOT podcasts and it seems like the signal callers for the show had issues with making the scenes with direwolves work when they're next to humans on screen.
TheVarian
AG
Cersi needed the gold from Lady O to pay those debts. That's why I think we saw Jamie with it as he and his army will transport it.

Kill your enemy and pay your debts

ETA: pay debts, not bang them
LeonardSkinner
DannyDuberstein said:

Well you threw us off when asking about gold in the room during the cersei/iron bank scene.

The iron bank isn't anyone's ally, and cersei isn't either. I dont think there are any delusiona about that even before that conversation.

I only ever meant to reference that scene and how Cersei has dealt with previous threats to her power. Someone said the Lannisters were loading gold when they were talking, which is why I made that comment.
Belton Ag
AG
annie88 said:

I still think Sansa is pregnant
Not unless she has the gestation period of an elephant.
marble rye
AG
another angry ag said:

Wizard said:

I've been listening to a few GOT podcasts and it seems like the signal callers for the show had issues with making the scenes with direwolves work when they're next to humans on screen.

Yeah I saw a cut scene where Delorious Edd is walking w Ghost and it looked bad.
Texags is garbage
TheVarian said:

Cersi needed the gold from Lady O to pay those debts. That's why I think we saw Jamie with it as he and his army will transport it.

Kill your enemy and lay your debts
Damn, good catch. Basically she told the Iron Bank representative to wait 'a fortnight' knowing the outcome in Highgarden. Thought that was a bold deadline, but didn't make the connection.
agrams
AG
I suspect the scrolls sam has to copy are a reward as much as a punishment, I just can't figure out if the grandmaester did it intentionally or not.
LeonardSkinner
I'm not going to die on this hill tonight. Carry on.
Rocagnante
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

Also, there is zero doubt Euron would be someone who vapes if that was available.

****ing brilliant!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, if you were to splice together all of the direwolf scenes during the series into one continuous run, their size would look all over the map and ridiculous.
plowboy1065
S
Could the Citadel possibly have some old written documentation of Jons parentage?
marble rye
AG
agrams said:

I suspect the scrolls sam has to copy are a reward as much as a punishment, I just can't figure out if the grandmaester did it intentionally or not.

I think he rewarded him intentionally but cant say it or acknowledge that there will be the knowledge he seeks in there bc Sam isnt a maester.
Texags is garbage
Can anybody shed some light on why Jon is so reluctant to tell people he was killed and resurrected?
Farmer1906
AG
another angry ag said:

Can anybody shed some light on why Jon is so reluctant to tell people he was killed and resurrected?

Because it sounds more ****ing insane than the while walkers & night king.
Farmer1906
AG
plowboy1065 said:

Could the Citadel possibly have some old written documentation of Jons parentage?

Why or how?
redline248
AG
another angry ag said:

Other than a guess, probably not. My guess is that he already knows it's hard enough to convince people about walking dead. Don't need to complicate it with another hard to believe story. That and he probably doesn't want people looking at him like he's some sort of god.

edit: which he totally is
MaroonStain
AG
Dany and crew are not believing an army of frozen dead so let's go ahead and let Jon's Lazarus moment out of the bag!
titanmaster_race
plowboy1065 said:

No. It was a total secret known only to Lyanna and Ned. Bran is the only source of that information now, due to the 3-eyed raven business.
benchmark
AG
agrams said:

I'm guessing it was on purpose to impart information he thinks will be helpful. He can't just give it to Sam as he is reprimanding him at the time, hasn't studied long enough to have access to those books, etc.
The Dog Lord
AG
Pam Poovey said:

agrams said:

I think he rewarded him intentionally but cant say it or acknowledge that there will be the knowledge he seeks in there bc Sam isnt a maester.

That will be awesome if so.
marble rye
AG
titanmaster_race said:

plowboy1065 said:

No. It was a total secret known only to Lyanna and Ned. Bran is the only source of that information now, due to the 3-eyed raven business.

And Howland Reed.
Belton Ag
AG
another angry ag said:

Make your way into your typical Bama tailgate (those folks are about as sophisticated and worldly as your average Westerosi) and tell then you were stabbed repeatedly and killed then brought back to life by a red witch.

How do you think they would react?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So, currently the board looks like this:

Casterly Rock: Taken by the Unsullied, but without food and now without ships.

The Reach (Highgarden): Taken by the Lannister / Tarly armies.

Dragonstone: Dany and Dothraki army.

King's Landing: Held by the Kingsguard and probably a small force of the Lannister army (ie. vulnerable).

So the Unsullied cannot hold Casterly Rock for very long, plus they seem to be trapped by Euron's fleet. The rest of Dany's fleet is gone.

It seems like she's all out of plays. She's cornered. Even if she said "**** it" and flew her dragons over to KL and took the throne, the Lannister / Tarly army could siege King's Landing while the Unsullied / Dothraki remain trapped in Casterly Rock.

Starting to look like she does need Jon Snow's help after all.

Any ideas what her next move is?
marble rye
AG
Belton Ag said:

another angry ag said:

Make your way into your typical Bama tailgate (those folks are about as sophisticated and worldly as your average Westerosi) and tell then you were stabbed repeatedly and killed then brought back to life by a red witch.

How do you think they would react?

MaroonStain
AG
On another note, Sam's list of accomplishments is growing: Night's Watch, fought Wilding army, fled an insurrection, cured a man of greyscale, found dragonglass trove and, by the way, killed a white walker.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Bran's whole "hey Sansa good to see you. Sorry you were raped, but you looked pretty" was super weird. Also how hard is it to say the old raven died and you took over?

Meeras face said "he's your problem now"
And at he end... "I'm just gonna hang out here a while longer... <because my legs don't work and it's not like Hodor's here to carry me around anyway>"...
agrams
AG
I was half expecting the grandmaester to give him his first link, but think tradition/rules precludes it.
OnlyForNow
AG
100% of the dothraki (50,000 screamers) are on dragonstone, only the unsullied went to CR.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Where were all the ships? Water looked empty when Jon was brooding on the cliff.
First Page Last Page
Page 80 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.