Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,146,982 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
BowSowy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Dany is going to need a strategy adjustment. Getting her @$$ kicked on all sides.
The Dog Lord
AG
BowSowy said:

Can someone remind me. Was the Iron Bank and the Baratheon/Lannister debt ever mentioned before this episode?

Stannis convinced them to back him previously because they weren't being repaid by the current monarchs.
MicheIangeIo
AG
BowSowy said:

MicheIangeIo said:

What's y'all favorite part about the dragons?

Based on your last couple of posts here, I think you're a god damned idiot.
annie88
AG
MicheIangeIo said:

What's y'all favorite part about the dragons?

They are just incredibly bad ass when they fly around. Yeah I know they're not real but dammit they should be.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Trident 88
AG
claywakefield06 said:

Missandei: *gives long, drawn out introduction for Dany*

Sir Davos: uh... this is Jon Snow... he's king of the north

But he really delivered a few moments later when talking about how Jon came to be chosen as king of the north. And I really hope that Dany and Tyrion eventually find out that Jon was killed/brought back to life!
FancyKetchup14
AG
I agree. He's so outlandish you can't help but laugh at what he does and says.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
BowSowy said:

Can someone remind me. Was the Iron Bank and the Baratheon/Lannister debt ever mentioned before this episode?

Yeah, they spent maybe a few minutes in 2 episodes back in season 4 or 5 on that storyline
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MBAR
AG
aggie kid said:

MBAR said:

Really enjoyed this episode. Lots of little things hinting at future developments. Jamie now has no reason to believe Tyrion killed his son, some wierd **** between the Spider and Red Woman (they've known whats been going down for quite some time apparently), and the iron bank is no longer an enemy to the Iron Throne.

I didn't get this at all. If Cersei says she's going to pay her debts in full, she means with her steel and your blood.
What. They were loading gold in the scene man. It was obvious why.
tk for tu juan
agrams said:

I loved the banter in the throneroom from euron to Jaime.

So true on the vape comment.
Asking Jaime if Cersei likes a finger in the bum may be the most white trash and awesome thing said in the throne room
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
By the way .....must say. ....

That was the best damn acting yet by Ellaria and the last sand snake. Well at least they went out on a high note ..... of sorts.
Trident 88
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Dany is going to need a strategy adjustment. Getting her @$$ kicked on all sides.

In the scenes for next week, she makes it clear that she's taking Olenna's advice re: no more listening to clever men and being a dragon instead. She'll get the W next week.
MaroonStain
AG
BowSowy said:

Yes. I do not know exact timing but I think Tyrion got an update on the accounts in S3 or S4. Or Tywin...I also remember he said King's Landing and throne were broke but not Casterly Rock.
Brock Sampson
AG
claywakefield06 said:

Missandei: *gives long, drawn out introduction for Dany*

Sir Davos: uh... this is Jon Snow... he's king of the north

The awkward looks during this were hilarious. Some pretty good humor in this episode.
Seven Costanza
AG
"I'm the three-eyed raven. Unfortunately I'm 15, so I use it mostly for spank bank stuff, but I'll get there eventually."

"So you can see everything, right? Can you see how creepy you're acting?"
annie88
AG
I still think Sansa is pregnant
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
MicheIangeIo
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

BowSowy said:

Yeah, they spent maybe a few minutes in 2 episodes back in season 4 or 5 on that storyline

Actually it was in season 1 when Ed Stark was at his first small council meeting. Ywia
titanmaster_race
One of the best moments from tonight:

Tyrion - "Stark men don't fare well when they travel South."

Jon - "True, but I'm not a Stark."

DRAGON FLYBY
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ex Bran, so much great dialogue that was incredibly well acted. Definitely one of the all-time bests. Don't remember one having so many great interactions packed into one episode
MaroonStain
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Week 3 scoreboard update

Cersei/Euron 2
Dany et al 0 (maybe .5 for taking an empty worthless castle)

But still. Serious advantage to Cersei and Euron so far. And Dany has to be questioning her hand now. He's been bested by his siblings twice.

I think another point to be shown is that Danaerys may be a conqueror across the seas freeing slaves and eunichs but she is now trying to best seasoned veterans of the most important Game.
MicheIangeIo
AG
titanmaster_race said:

DRAGON FLYBY

THIS
LeonardSkinner
MBAR said:

aggie kid said:

MBAR said:

Really enjoyed this episode. Lots of little things hinting at future developments. Jamie now has no reason to believe Tyrion killed his son, some wierd **** between the Spider and Red Woman (they've known whats been going down for quite some time apparently), and the iron bank is no longer an enemy to the Iron Throne.

I didn't get this at all. If Cersei says she's going to pay her debts in full, she means with her steel and your blood.

There was gold in the little room where the Iron Bank rep was meeting with Cersei? I saw a glass of wine that he didn't drink and a cruel, vicious character who would kill anyone who looked at her the wrong way. Notwithstanding the terrible accident at the Sept. I don't trust her, simple as that.
DannyDuberstein
AG
They were picking up gold at Highgarden. That was a figurative and literal debt being paid.
MBAR
AG
aggie kid said:

MBAR said:

aggie kid said:

MBAR said:

There was gold in the little room where the Iron Bank rep was meeting with Cersei? I saw a glass of wine that he didn't drink and a cruel, vicious character who would kill anyone who looked at her the wrong way. Notwithstanding the terrible accident at the Sept. I don't trust her, simple as that.
No, they were loading at highgarden. She asked for some time, because she knew they were going to take HIghgarden and thus get the money to pay the debt. She needs them to back her so of course she's going to pay them back otherwise they'll back her enemies.
wangus12
AG
annie88 said:

Its been so long sonce that happened that shes be far along by now
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
titanmaster_race said:

DRAGON FLYBY
MaroonStain
AG
MicheIangeIo said:

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

BowSowy said:

Actually it was in season 1 when Ed Stark was at his first small council meeting. Ywia

You may have a point but the Iron Bank paid King's Landing another visit in S4/S5 post-Littlefinger when Tyrion was put in charge. I am still spitballing but pretty close to correct.
sbarnett84
AG
Some believe Melisandre is the red star in this statement from her in the books:

"It is written in prophecy as well. When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone."

--Melisandre, SoS, pg. 289

I think this is what she means by dying in this land in tonight's episode

plowboy1065
S
annie88 said:

Too much time has passed for her to be pregnant
DannyDuberstein
AG
Too much time and the Boltons are old news now. Wouldn't make any sense to raise that
complication at this point, especially with 11 episodes total left.
LeonardSkinner
I get that. All I'm saying is that, watching that one scene between the two of them, I didn't come to the conclusion that she considered the Iron Bank an ally.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
sbarnett84 said:

Some believe Melisandre is the red star in this statement from her in the books:

"It is written in prophecy as well. When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone."

--Melisandre, SoS, pg. 289

I think this is what she means by dying in this land in tonight's episode

I think that is a significant stretch. Show Mel and book Mel are very different. The comment she made tonight is more likely hinting at she saw her and Varys future in the flames, and they are both supposed to die in Westeros. That prophecy is more likely alluding to the red comet that was present in the sky in the 2nd book and Dany hatching the "stone" dragon, and possibly John mining the dragon glass at Dragonstone.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TheVarian
AG
Great episode!!!

Some thoughts, if you noticed at the end, we only saw two dragons and no J-Snow. Maybe she let one go with them in good faith to notify his folk of the North. Gotta get that Glass mannnn

Little finger is definitely going to rifle through this scrolls for something.

Lady O is a BAMF and I think her honesty to Jamie will help him make a critical decision down the road.

Sam's about to learn a whole bunch of sheeeeeet

Dongless warrior is in for a battle...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Recall that in a previous episode of season 5 about the debt.....Mace Tyrell suggests that House Tyrell could pay off the debt to keep the bank at bay....but Cersei declines it as she did not want to be in debt to the Tyrells.

Cersei knew all along where she would get the money to pay off the debt - it was just a matter of when.

FightinTexasAg15
AG
Bran's whole "hey Sansa good to see you. Sorry you were raped, but you looked pretty" was super weird. Also how hard is it to say the old raven died and you took over?

Meeras face said "he's your problem now"
First Page Last Page
Page 79 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.