Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,124,505 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BowSowy said:

Few thoughts:

1) they're giving too many losses to Dany this early. There's no way her multi-year build up is over this quickly. I expect she will get a very significant win soon

2) That Bran stuff was weird and out of place...I have to imagine him knowing about her being raped comes into play in a big way. Maybe he is the catalyst to Littlefinger getting the axe from Jon?

3) God damn, I loved the interactions between Jon and Tyrion

4) This is the second time we've gotten a cryptic red priestess message about Varys. I have to imagine his character and/or past will have a pretty big impact.

Edit: 5) I expect we will see a ton of action packed episodes going forward. They've got to start wrapping up some of these side characters

I'm guessing the dragons will be released next episode
ac04
bran has completely whipped my ass this entire series and its only getting worse. tonight his part was the low point in an otherwise fantastic episode.
Cappo
AG
Opening scene with Jon and Dany and the final scene were $$$$$
Wizard
The final scene of the flash forward to next week showed Dany riding Drogon
The Dog Lord
AG
CheeseSndwch said:

Great episode. Really expected to see Arya at the gate. Did Littlefinger seem to take a bit of interest into the whole "Maester Luwin kept a copy of every raven scroll" statement?

May be worried about the message from Lysa that was sent to Cat at his urging that started this whole thing. Who else knows about that? Did he ever confide that in Sansa or has she picked up enough to realize that it would have been him behind it? I can't remember if he or Lysa said as much.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
BowSowy said:

Few thoughts:

1) they're giving too many losses to Dany this early. There's no way her multi-year build up is over this quickly. I expect she will get a very significant win soon

2) That Bran stuff was weird and out of place...I have to imagine him knowing about her being raped comes into play in a big way. Maybe he is the catalyst to Littlefinger getting the axe from Jon?

4) This is the second time we've gotten a cryptic red priestess message about Varys. I have to imagine his character and/or past will have a pretty big impact.

Edit: 5) I expect we will see a ton of action packed episodes going forward. They've got to start wrapping up some of these side characters

Based on the season trailer of Jaime riding through a field of fire, it's likely that Dany goes Harenhall on Highgarden.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gougler08
AG
Wizard said:

The final scene of the flash forward to next week showed Dany riding Drogon

I couldn't tell if she was riding or not, good to kne
marble rye
AG
Bran has been a little ***** the whole series. Would love for Arya to state as much.
Wizard
No Arya this episode
The Dog Lord
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

BowSowy said:

Few thoughts:

Based on the season trailer of Jaime riding through a field of fire, it's likely that Dany goes Harenhall on Highgarden.

Taking Olenna's advice...just a little too late for Olenna.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Dany: Don't hold what my father did against me

Also Dany: I should get the throne because of my dad
MicheIangeIo
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

BowSowy said:

Few thoughts:

WRONG. TERRIBLE ANALYSIS. SAD!!!
LeonardSkinner
MBAR said:

Really enjoyed this episode. Lots of little things hinting at future developments. Jamie now has no reason to believe Tyrion killed his son, some wierd **** between the Spider and Red Woman (they've known whats been going down for quite some time apparently), and the iron bank is no longer an enemy to the Iron Throne.

I didn't get this at all. If Cersei says she's going to pay her debts in full, she means with her steel and your blood.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tyrion during the Jon/Dany meeting:
annie88
AG
CheeseSndwch said:

Great episode. Really expected to see Arya at the gate. Did Littlefinger seem to take a bit of interest into the whole "Maester Luwin kept a copy of every raven scroll" statement?

Pretty sure the preview for next week showed Arya sitting up on top of the mountain at Winterfell. So maybe next week
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
gumby579
AG
Am I the only one that noticed Littlefinger's anxious look when the maester mentioned Maester Luwin keeping copies of every raven scroll that came to Winterfell?
annie88
AG
PatAg said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Such a badass way to go out for Olenna. I was wondering when we'd find out who it was.
That was a known thing, without 100% being confirmed.

I'm pretty sure she admitted to doing it to her granddaughter way back before she married the younger son. Didn't she say she couldn't have her marry that ***** Joeffry and that's why she did it? Am I just hallucinating that? Because I knew for sure Olenna had done it.

Of course the only thing worse would be if Jamie really didn't put poison in that and she's not going to die that way. But I hope she does
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
aggie kid said:

MBAR said:

Really enjoyed this episode. Lots of little things hinting at future developments. Jamie now has no reason to believe Tyrion killed his son, some wierd **** between the Spider and Red Woman (they've known whats been going down for quite some time apparently), and the iron bank is no longer an enemy to the Iron Throne.

I didn't get this at all. If Cersei says she's going to pay her debts in full, she means with her steel and your blood.

She was alluding to taking Highgarden
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FancyKetchup14
AG
That was a top 5 episode for me. Greatness throughout.

Also, there is zero doubt Euron would be someone who vapes if that was available.
claytonwakefield06
AG
Missandei: *gives long, drawn out introduction for Dany*

Sir Davos: uh... this is Jon Snow... he's king of the north
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
annie88 said:

PatAg said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Such a badass way to go out for Olenna. I was wondering when we'd find out who it was.
That was a known thing, without 100% being confirmed.

I'm pretty sure she admitted to doing it to her granddaughter way back before she married the younger son. Didn't she say she couldn't have her marry that ***** Joeffry and that's why she did it? Am I just hallucinating that? Because I knew for sure Olenna had done it.

Of course the only thing worse would be if Jamie really didn't put poison in that and she's not going to die that way. But I hope she does

Yes she absolutely did. In a bit of a clever double speak she let her know she had done it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"What did he call it?"

"Widow's Wail."

"He really was a ****, wasn't he?"

Man am I going to miss Olenna Tyrell.
annie88
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

I loved John's whole **** you response to everything with her. Now he didn't do it in a mean way but had he taken a knee to her I would've been pissed. Plus he basically called her out on you can't say you arent responsible for the sins of your father and then turn around and expect an oath to still count. Just a great episode tonight
BowSowy
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Was also a nice little reference to Jon pardoning the Karstark and Umber houses
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
claywakefield06 said:

Missandei: *gives long, drawn out introduction for Dany*

Sir Davos: uh... this is Jon Snow... he's king of the north
I posted this on the humor thread a few days ago. Could not have been more accurate.

SeattleAgJr
This season is now 42.85714285714286% of the way done, and we are getting closer to the almost two year wait for Season 8.
annie88
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

That was a top 5 episode for me. Greatness throughout.

Also, there is zero doubt Euron would be someone who vapes if that was available.

Euron is a total dick and I believe slightly insane but dammit if the guy doesn't have me cracking up every time he talks.
BowSowy
AG
Can someone remind me. Was the Iron Bank and the Baratheon/Lannister debt ever mentioned before this episode?
MBAR
AG
Look, I'm not trying to be rude, but if you didn't know Ollyna (sp?) had poisined Joffery then you really need to pay closer attention to the show. Her conversation with Margery, the necklace, and conversations with either Vallerys or Littlefinger (maybe both) made it incredibly clear this was the case.
LeonardSkinner
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

aggie kid said:

MBAR said:

She was alluding to taking Highgarden

Good point. Still, I hope Mycroft is watching his back.
CFTXAG10
AG
Tyrion: "Basturd of Winterfell"
Jon: "Dwarf of Casterly Rock"
agrams
AG
I loved the banter in the throneroom from euron to Jaime.

So true on the vape comment.
MicheIangeIo
AG
What's y'all favorite part about the dragons?
MBAR
AG
BowSowy said:

Can someone remind me. Was the Iron Bank and the Baratheon/Lannister debt ever mentioned before this episode?
Yeah thats why Marjory's dad went to Bravos when Arya killed Meran Trant. They spoke a lot about it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Week 3 scoreboard update

Cersei/Euron 2
Dany et al 0 (maybe .5 for taking an empty worthless castle)

But still. Serious advantage to Cersei and Euron so far. And Dany has to be questioning her hand now. He's been bested by his siblings twice.
First Page Last Page
Page 78 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.