Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,138,779 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
The Debt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Jon Snow burns the wight's hand

Jon Snow burned his hand previously and is a Targaryen.

Tyrion is hand to the queen.

Tyrion = a Targaryen totally confirmed.

/s

Illuminati: Confirmed.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
combat wombat said:

By the way, was Rhaegar (wedding scene) played by the same actor who played Viseris? Looked like the same guy to me.
I think it was just the same wig
The Debt
OldShadeOfBlue said:

combat wombat said:

By the way, was Rhaegar (wedding scene) played by the same actor who played Viseris? Looked like the same guy to me.

What's really gonna blow your mind is that rheagar, viserys, and dany are all played by emilia clarke.
wangus12
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

combat wombat said:

Same wig, although it is said in the books that Rhaegar and Viserys looked very much the same
The Debt
Quote:

Rhaegar should have named him Muad'Dib.
the sleeper has awaken!

Southlake
I spend all day trying to defrost a small refrigerator with a hairdryer that over heated twice before burning out but an Ice Dragon melts down an 800 foot million year old ice wall in a coupla minutes...

Must've been bad writing...
ham98
I'm surprised Littlefinger didn't offer to take the black to avoid death. He's supposed to be the guy who schemes for everything.
Ags4DaWin
I was personally disappointed by how much Rhaegar looked like Viserys. That pointed nose bothers me to no end. Also the stringy blonde hair. Rhaegar needed to be less spindly.
DeadCiv
AG
Apache said:

*Cersei appears to be off the bottle and a turned into a rational, cunning leader an exceptionally strategic mind. Except she told her plans to Jamie and let him ride away. Oops. He should have spent the money on a Ravengram before he left btw.

I still see this as a fairly major flaw in the plotting and plausibility. No way she let's him ride away: "no one walks away from me", etc.

Far more likely that she holds him under house arrest until 1) he comes around, 2) the fight is won
ham98
Yeah. Rhaegar is supposed to be a great warrior in his own right.
bangobango
AG
If we are talking aa out flaws in the writing, why did Tyrion try to get Cersie to order the Mountain yo kill him amd why didny she take him up on it?

If she was planning to double cross from the beginning, then why refuse at the first negotiation? What if Tyrion would not had tried persuading her a second time?
Urban Ag
AG
ham98 said:

I'm surprised Littlefinger didn't offer to take the black to avoid death. He's supposed to be the guy who schemes for everything.
I think that GRRM would have given LF a much. much, better send off than the show did. They painted him in to a corner with no plausible angle to stay alive in the game. In the books, LF didn't marry Sansa off to Ramsay, so the uber hatred is not there, thus giving LF a lot more sway with the Starks. It was a little hollow but I think they did ok given time constraints.
Carl Underguard
AG
That was a little much. The show likes repeating itself at this point. Both of Cersei's brothers dared her to have Robert Strong kill them during this episode.
Ags4DaWin
So who kills Cersei? At this point it can't be Jaime because the Volanqar wraps his "hands" around her throat. Jaime has one hand, so he's ruled out.

John is technically a little brother, as his older brother was killed by the Mountain during the sack of king's landing. Tyrion, Sandro Clegane, heck Euron are all little brothers....and so is Theon. Bran could but only if he wargs into someone else to do it. Could he Warg into the Mountain?!?

Could Arya take Jaime's face and kill her? Arya's style has been a slice across the throats though so that really would seem to not indicate her. Tyrion has killed someone (Shae) though strangling but not with his hands.

Strangling especially with your hands is typically a very emotional form of killing . You have to be up close and personal or it needs to be a life and death struggle or both. Jaime and Tyrion are the only ones I can think of for whom Cersei's murder would make it that personal.....
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
bangobango said:

If we are talking aa out flaws in the writing, why did Tyrion try to get Cersie to order the Mountain yo kill him amd why didny she take him up on it?

If she was planning to double cross from the beginning, then why refuse at the first negotiation? What if Tyrion would not had tried persuading her a second time?

Because she was making him think that he had convinced her. She double bluffed him so that Dany would think she had joined their side and head north. If she had killed him Dany would have burned KL to the ground.
ham98
Ags4DaWin said:

So who kills Cersei? At this point it can't be Jaime because the Volanqar wraps his "hands" around her throat. Jaime has one hand, so he's ruled out.

John is technically a little brother, as his older brother was killed by the Mountain during the sack of king's landing. Tyrion, Sandro Clegane, heck Euron are all little brothers....and so is Theon. Bran could but only if he wargs into someone else to do it. Could he Warg into the Mountain?!?

Pull Arya take Jaime's face and kill her? Arya's style has been a slice across the throats though so that really would seem to not indicate her. Tyrion has killed someone (Shae) though strangling but not with his hands.

Strangling especially with your hands is typically a very emotional form of killing . You have to be up close and personal or it needs to be a life and death struggle or both. Jaime and Tyrion are the only ones I can think of for whom Cersei's murder would make it that personal.....
my bet is Cersei ends up being responsible for Jaime Lannister's death which in turn enrages Tyrion who figures out a way to put her down.
Ags4DaWin
bangobango said:

Giving in and agreeing to the truce so easily would have been suspicious. To refuse and then relent makes everyone think she might be changing and they can trust her.

Granted everyone should know better. You can't trust anything that woman says unless you know for certain that what she is saying lines up exactly with what she wants.
MandoArms
My bet is:

The battle of the north is lost Jamie is turned to a wight. the last scene is wight Jaime shambling through the throne room and grabbing Cersie by the neck.
Carl Underguard
AG
Agree. In the context of this season it makes sense. Leaving aside them needing Cersei in the first place.
powerbelly
AG
I think Jamie dies saving one of the fan favorites from the North.

When Cersie learns of this she hangs herself.
bangobango
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

bangobango said:

Giving in and agreeing to the truce so easily would have been suspicious. To refuse and then relent makes everyone think she might be changing and they can trust her.

Granted everyone should know better. You can't trust anything that woman says unless you know for certain that what she is saying lines up exactly with what she wants.

There was a nice juxtaposition this episode between the Lannisters and the Starks as far as lying versus keeping your word. Ned and Tywin's influence was throughout this episode. Interesting to see the Stark family working together while the Lannister siblings are completely fractured at this point. That is the legacy of the two fathers.

Also, something I have not yet seen mentioned - Jaime is riding North to help fight. Presumably the three eyed raven now knows who crippled him....
Ags4DaWin
I don't think Cersei is pregnant. Personally I think the whole pregnancy is a manipulation, which she devised first to keep Jaime. Secondly she let Tyrion know about the pregnancy too easily. That kind of information (that would make her seem vulnerable) is not something she normally would have revealed of her own free will.

The "pregnancy" has done two things for her so far 1) kept Jaime around in spite of his misgivings. 2) convinced Tyrion the truce was real.

We have not seen her consult with qyburn regarding it, and as her Maester you would think that she woukd have.

Jaime realizes the pregnancy was a lie, and tried to leave permanently she kills him, and Tyrion kills her out of revenge maybe?
Joseph Parrish
AG
bangobango said:

Also, something I have not yet seen mentioned - Jaime is riding North to help fight. Presumably the three eyed raven now knows who crippled him....
Bran might be able to look past that.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Could Arya take Jaime's face and kill her? Arya's style has been a slice across the throats though so that really would seem to not indicate her. Tyrion has killed someone (Shae) though strangling but not with his hands.

That's the best theory I've heard yet. It would make since for both Arya and Jaime to kill Cersei. I don't see Jaime making it out alive. And it would be poetic for Arya to kill Cersei with Jaime's face.
Specialized
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

I don't think Cersei is pregnant. Personally I think the whole pregnancy is a manipulation, which she devised first to keep Jaime. Secondly she let Tyrion know about the pregnancy too easily. That kind of information (that would make her seem vulnerable) is not something she normally would have revealed of her own free will.

The "pregnancy" has done two things for her so far 1) kept Jaime around in spite of his misgivings. 2) convinced Tyrion the truce was real.

We have not seen her consult with qyburn regarding it, and as her Maester you would think that she woukd have.

Jaime realizes the pregnancy was a lie, and tried to leave permanently she kills him, and Tyrion kills her out of revenge maybe?
Not following. Jaime has already left.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
bangobango said:

I think Bran knew who crippled him as soon as he hit the ground...
Joseph Parrish
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

I think it'd be a little cheesy for the writers to suddenly be like "just kidding!" I think they're playing this up for her to lose the baby somehow and have her go back to 100% Mad Queen.
Urban Ag
AG
I thought about that.

I can see a scene at the beginning of next season, in the great hall at Winterfell, where Jamie's fate is being decided.

Bran: It is true. You threw me, a young boy, from the window, when i saw you and Cecei together.
Jamie: I don't deny it. I have traveled here knowing I may die for my sins the moment I stepped foot in the North. I accept whatever punishment I have coming.
Bran: You also saved Brienne from the Bolton men. You kept your vow to my mother. You ended the siege at Riverrun as peacefully as you could.
jamie: I...............I...............
Bran: The realm knows, Jamie Lannister, why you are called the Kingslayer.
Jamie: Yes.............
Bran: The Realm does not know that you stayed true to your vows until you had to kill the Mad King to keep all of King's Landing from burning. The Realm does not know how many people lived by your actions.
Jamie:
Bran: Had I told my father what I saw, King Robert would have killed you, killed Cercei, killed all three of your children.
Jamie: Yes....
Bran: I am satisfied with this Jamie Lannister. You traded one life for several. You proven to be a changed man. You seek nothing for yourself.

This followed by Brienne making some impassioned statement and begrudgingly Jamie is allowed to join them.

Or he just rides to Dragonstone since Tyrion will be happy to see him.
powerbelly
AG

Quote:

Pretty sure he has always known.
bangobango
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

bangobango said:

I think Bran knew who crippled him as soon as he hit the ground...

He couldn't remember when he woke up.
Do yall seriously not remember this? Everyone assumed he fell off the castle and Bran couldnt remember any differently.

Yall think Cat would have freed Jaime if she had known he shoved Bran off the castle?
bangobango
AG
Urban Ag said:

I thought about that.

I can see a scene at the beginning of next season, in the great hall at Winterfell, where Jamie's fate is being decided.

Bran: It is true. You threw me, a young boy, from the window, when i saw you and Cecei together.
Jamie: I don't deny it. I have traveled here knowing I may die for my sins the moment I stepped foot in the North. I accept whatever punishment I have coming.
Bran: You also saved Brienne from the Bolton men. You kept your vow to my mother. You ended the siege at Riverrun as peacefully as you could.
jamie: I...............I...............
Bran: The realm knows, Jamie Lannister, why you are called the Kingslayer.
Jamie: Yes.............
Bran: The Realm does not know that you stayed true to your vows until you had to kill the Mad King to keep all of King's Landing from burning. The Realm does not know how many people lived by your actions.
Jamie:
Bran: Had I told my father what I saw, King Robert would have killed you, killed Cercei, killed all three of your children.
Jamie: Yes....
Bran: I am satisfied with this Jamie Lannister. You traded one life for several. You proven to be a changed man. You seek nothing for yourself.

This followed by Brienne making some impassioned statement and begrudgingly Jamie is allowed to join them.

Or he just rides to Dragonstone since Tyrion will be happy to see him.

Tyrion is on boat with John and Dany.
bangobango
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

Ags4DaWin said:

I think it'd be a little cheesy for the writers to suddenly be like "just kidding!" I think they're playing this up for her to lose the baby somehow and have her go back to 100% Mad Queen.

Normally I would agree with you, but you did just see that whole Arya Sansa thing, right?
Urban Ag
AG
Bran did not and to best of my recollection, never realized Jamie tossed him out the window.

I am pretty certain that Jamie did tell Cat when he was drunk, or maybe it was Brienbe, that he tried to kill Bran.

Urban Ag
AG
Isn't the boat most likely going to Dragonstone?
Urban Ag
AG
And can anyone explain what was up with Tyrion standing outside the door? That was weird/awkward.
First Page Last Page
Page 197 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.