Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,146,926 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agnzona said:

The NK is the short haired WW or long haired WW?

The one with a crown.
powerbelly
AG
Agnzona said:

NK
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
I already know what's gonna happen. Cersei is pregnant with her brothers child, Danny is getting knocked up by her nephew. 20 years later this will be about the war of the inbred kings.
Sex Panther
AG
Agnzona said:

I know there are a thousand characters and a bunch of similar names on this show... but how the hell do you not know who the Night King is?
DCPD158
AG
Ciboag96 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Champ Bailey said:

Haha this is the first time I realized that Leanna named him Aegon; I thought she said Eddard Targaryen.

You're not the only one

Great, now many Left Tackles will be calling him "nerd".

About 32 or so, but only once....
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
Ags4DaWin
Joseph Parrish said:

Ags4DaWin said:

In reply to PatAg
My prediction is LF dies in the finale. Cersei holds on til halfway through the last season and the NK dies by the second to last episode with the last episode wrapping everything up.
Since we're doing predictions on things that have already happened, I predict Jon shows Dany his dragon.

I predicted that last week after episode 6...just couldn't figure out how to quote two different posts in one reply. Page 164 of the thread......
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
Did we see ghost even once this season?
easttexasaggie04
AG
I really enjoyed this episode and this season. I'm honesty just bummed we have to wait so long for the conclusion. Have they given us a time frame on when they'll finish up?
Agnzona
I guessed I assumed the one not getting of his horse was the NK....
The Dog Lord
AG
MaroonStain said:

MaroonStain said:

Quote:

Also I predict a miniseries based on robert's rebellion. Within 2 years.

Word on the street is casting decision for major Targ character has been made.

'Word on the street' being my manager at work read this on the line.

Nevermind....she meant for last night's episode.
Just FYI: they've pretty much said they won't do Robert's Rebellion since it involves a lot of the same characters. There has been speculation about it being Dunk & Egg, Aegon's Conquest, the Dance of the Dragons, the Blackfyre Rebellion, or the fall of Valyria. Martin has said it won't be Dunk & Egg since he isn't done with the novellas and doesn't want to repeat what has happened with GoT, so it'll likely be one of the others.

EFE
AG
Did no one notice Bran say that Jon was the "heir to the iron to iron throne until just now" and then they cut to the boat sex scene. I do believe he put a baby in her belly.
ETA
Never mind, just rewatched it on you tube, he says "he needs to know" I heard "at least till now"
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

I really enjoyed this episode and this season. I'm honesty just bummed we have to wait so long for the conclusion. Have they given us a time frame on when they'll finish up?

No...I read some speculation though that it may be late summer 2018 or fall 2018.

based on their productions schedule timeframes in the past and the fact that they are set to begin filming in October (confirmed by several sources).

In the past they have typically been airing 9-11 months after filming starts. that would indicate Jul-Sep 2018 timeframe for a possible start. But others have alarmingly said it might be early 2019 (with no sources and no confirmation).

All the scripts are written too. It's only 6 episodes although longer ones (said to be up to 1.5 hours each on average) so it compares to a nearly full 9-10 episodes season of GOT. that would imply to me if they film about the same length of time as previous seasons (typically 3-4 months) then they could be out in that Jul-Sep 2018 timeframe.

But who knows.
Urban Ag
AG
The Sansa/Arya/LF/Bran arc at Winterfell was somewhat frustrating and tedious but I like how they finished it. The moment LF brought the Knights of the Vale to Winterfell was the moment he sealed his own fate and rendered himself useless. His game was all played out. Having Bran tell him "chaos is a ladder" earlier in the season was the only clue that Bran was gathering data quietly and why Sansa had him present. LF knew he could not lie. From here I will assume Arya gets back to her list next season, maybe not.

Dragonpit reunions were fun. I was kind of surprised Dany attended. She didn't offer much to the discussion. I thought the funniest part was uber creeper Qyburn immediately picking up the severed arm, you could tell he was thinking "nice".

I wouldn't be surprised if all this stuff about the Golden Company is just filler to occupy Cercei next season while the real war is playing out to the north.

Jamie heading north alone was something I didn't see coming and such an awesome way for him to close out his character arc next season. This potentially allows for two things to happen I am predicted. The first is pretty silly, I admit, but I have long thought that ultimately Jamie will sire a child with Brienne who will become the Lannister heir. And now he's headed to Winterfell. Second, I have always believed that Jamie will kill Cercei. If he somehow survives the Great War and Cercei remains on the throne, I think history repeats itself, and Jamie kills the Mad Queen (and dies in the process). That would also fulfill Cercei's prophecy.

Have to figure that Tormund and Beric make it out. Can't believe they would let them die off screen. If they were going to do that, have at least one die the week before north of the wall.

As for ice dragon breaking the wall........the Wall was supposed to built with magic/spells woven in to it, thousands of years ago when it was built. So, at that time, who had magic abilities and was there....The Children of the Forest. And who created the NK.........the Children. So maybe the only way the NK could break the magic of the wall was with a magic creature (regardless of whether the blue flames are hot or cold, don't care).

Also thought it was cool that they very clearly showed that the Wall literally extended out over the water at Eastwatch, so going around the wall was not an option.

Urban Ag
AG
Sex Panther said:

Agnzona said:

I know there are a thousand characters and a bunch of similar names on this show... but how the hell do you not know who the Night King is?
Do you ever watch TV with your dad?
Carl Underguard
AG
I just finished the episode. Cersei is the best thing about this show. She's compelling in a way the Night King never can be. I suppose that's why they introduced the Night King in the first place, to give them a defined enemy we can root against, rather than the horde of ice zombies. He still falls short of Cersei, though.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

PS...I think it would have been better if Bronn rode out there and joined Jamie without saying a word as they rode north.

I know he is a hired sword basically and motivated by self preservation (and has admitted he wants nothing to do with dragons, etc.) but i would have liked to see that.

Carl Underguard
AG
I really like Jamie, too, not to mention old Tyrion (before he was incompetent). They've both been woefully underused the past two seasons. Am I the only one who prefers the Lannisters to the Starks or Dany?
Sex Panther
AG
Carl Underguard said:

I really like Jamie, too, not to mention old Tyrion (before he was incompetent). They've both been woefully underused the past two seasons. Am I the only one who prefers the Lannisters to the Starks or Dany?

The Lannisters are more interesting and are all fantastic actors
ham98
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Champ Bailey said:

Haha this is the first time I realized that Leanna named him Aegon; I thought she said Eddard Targaryen.

You're not the only one

I would like Myles Garrett to get a cameo appearance where he sacks the NK off his dragon which allows Jon Snow to kill him in single combat.
Agnzona
Bronn has no reason to stay with Cersi.
Wizard
I still can't believe they chose Jon's true name to be Aegon.

That shows me they just like that name and are catering to non-book readers. So lazy and dumb.

End complaints.
TCTTS
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

easttexasaggie04 said:

No...I read some speculation though that it may be late summer 2018 or fall 2018.

based on their productions schedule timeframes in the past and the fact that they are set to begin filming in October (confirmed by several sources).

In the past they have typically been airing 9-11 months after filming starts. that would indicate Jul-Sep 2018 timeframe for a possible start. But others have alarmingly said it might be early 2019 (with no sources and no confirmation).

All the scripts are written too. It's only 6 episodes although longer ones (said to be up to 1.5 hours each on average) so it compares to a nearly full 9-10 episodes season of GOT. that would imply to me if they film about the same length of time as previous seasons (typically 3-4 months) then they could be out in that Jul-Sep 2018 timeframe.

But who knows.

Something else to consider is Sunday Night Football. HBO rarely puts their big shows up against SNF in the fall. And considering the final season likely won't be ready 'til late summer 2018 at the earliest, I could see them holding it 'til early 2019 either way. Then again, it IS Game of Thrones, and people will watch regardless, so maybe it won't matter. But yeah, no matter what, we likely aren't seeing season eight until September 2018 at the earliest, February 2019 at the latest. If I had to take a guess, I bet they ultimately put it up against SNF across October/November 2018. October consistently seems to be when HBO's fall cycle begins. But who knows...
Urban Ag
AG
Bronn has essentially left himself in an untenable situation. Would be cool if catches up to Jamie somewhere on the Kings Road. Bronn, Pod, and Tyrion back together would be a hoot.
G Martin 87
AG
Inspector Spacetime said:

I think it's a mistake to see the show using "Aegon" for Jon's Targ name and assume it has anything to do with book canon. It could just be another example of the show consolidating characters for simplicity's sake and to make the show marginally easier to follow.

I don't believe the show has used the name Aegon to describe anyone but Aegon I the Conqueror. They have mentioned the Targaryen babies that were supposedly murdered by the Mountain, but I don't believe they ever mentioned that Aegon by name. Therefore, show canon doesn't have to worry about the confusion of Aegon already being the name of one of Rhaegar's children. Most people will just make the connection to another prominent Targ king.

That said, as a book-reader, I wish they had gone with something else. Not so much that I'm actually upset, but it's going to be a glaring change from the books, which I believe will name him Jaehaerys or something.
Rhaegar should have named him Muad'Dib.
Wizard
Did anyone else notice the NK's face on the side of the wall?

Also, the NK dragon scene will make some fantastic gifs.
G Martin 87
AG
FIDO95 said:

My thought in regards to Jon's real name being Aegon: I think it has to do with Rheagar being involved heavily in prophesy. Apparently at some point, he came across a scroll or book (song of ice and fire?) that spoke of the prince that was promised and the long night. If I recall correctly, after the tourney at Harrenhall and the discovery of the Laughing Tree knights identity, he became obsessed with Lyanna Stark as he realized a son from that relationship would be of ice and fire. Perhaps that is when he realized his first son was not that "promised prince" and should not have been given the name of Aegon. The name was therefore given again to "Jon".
Confirmation that GRRM is a Dune fan.
BallerStaf2003
AG
I just got major goosebumps thinking about a huge battle in the north against the army of the dead and things will be a bit hairy until...

Nymeria and her huge army of wolves come in and bite the **** out of all those dead *******s!'
EFE
AG
Maybe Nymeria is in heat and that's why we haven't seen much of Ghost lately?
Urban Ag
AG
well everyone else is banging their sister/aunt, why not?
BallerStaf2003
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

Maybe Nymeria is in heat and that's why we haven't seen much of Ghost lately?

The incest would be out of control.

Insanity wolf
bangobango
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

I think that with Jamie riding north, he will join Dany / Jon and bring atleast a good amount of the lannister army with him.

He's the commander of the lannister army, and I think his soldiers will follow him.

That leaves Cersei with 20,000 golden swords...soo

Dany = 8,000 Unsullied, 2,000 of the second sons?, How many dothraki 5,000? 20,000 northerners? Lannister's with Jamie 10,000?

Dany = ~45,000 soldiers & 2 dragons vs 100,000 army of the dead & 1 dragon

Cersei = 20,000 mercenaries

Big Task for Dany / Jon
It's a Dothraki HORDE.

Should be considerably larger than 5k. More like 50k at least.
Javelina
AG
I believe they put the number at 70K on the show.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bangobango said:

Aggie_2463 said:

I think that with Jamie riding north, he will join Dany / Jon and bring atleast a good amount of the lannister army with him.

He's the commander of the lannister army, and I think his soldiers will follow him.

That leaves Cersei with 20,000 golden swords...soo

Dany = 8,000 Unsullied, 2,000 of the second sons?, How many dothraki 5,000? 20,000 northerners? Lannister's with Jamie 10,000?

Dany = ~45,000 soldiers & 2 dragons vs 100,000 army of the dead & 1 dragon

Cersei = 20,000 mercenaries

Big Task for Dany / Jon
It's a Dothraki HORDE.

Should be considerably larger than 5k. More like 50k at least.

Yes most estimates I've seen have the Dothraki around 50K and the Unsullied about 8K.

The North can raise 40K if everyone responds but more likely 20Kish in winter.

The Vale brought 20-25K to Winterfell to defeat the Boltons so they would have that many still presumably if they don't flee and go home (who is in charge Royce or Robin?).

KL had only about 10K and I doubt Jamie gets them all to go north (if any). Cersei might be able to hire that additional 20Kish golden company mercenaries.

All the other regions seem to be out of the game or defeated. Except Euron of course but they are not land fighters and certainly not winter proof. He would be mostly a transporter at this point.

LHIOB
AG
There is a 0% chance the Lannister army follows Jamie. He's be exiled and has no power.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Jon Snow burns the wight's hand

Jon Snow burned his hand previously and is a Targaryen.

Tyrion is hand to the queen.

Tyrion = a Targaryen totally confirmed.

/s
First Page Last Page
Page 196 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.