Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,146,807 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
BallerStaf2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trident 88 said:

Quote:

People in the thread seem to be confusing the ability to be able to see the past and present with omniscience. He's still a teenager; he's still spending half the time using his powers to peek into brothels in the realm.
Exactly! It also explains why he sounds creepy and worn out all the time. I'm sure the young master has exhausted himself.
Also, he has so much information that he misses things and also doesn't necessarily know the motivation behind why people are doing what they're doing.

He does this through trees, he's not going to look through every tree in the world to see what's happening in every event.
Max Power
AG
I also really liked the scene with Jon and Theon in the throne room. Pretty crazy to see the different positions they are both in considering where they both started. I thought it was pretty powerful, they both made decisions based on what they thought their families wanted, ended up going in such different directions.

Theon is a really tragic figure, but no one made his decisions for him. Forgiveness isn't a concept we've seen much of in this show. Perhaps after all he's gone through Theon can finally redeem himself to his own family, even if that means his own death.
Jinx
Southlake said:

Boat scene with Jon and Dany was great, but I really didn't need to see him Stark naked...
Aww, cmon. There are enough boobs on this show you could throw us a bone too every now and then.

As far as Bran, I agree with someone who replied just before me. He may see events that occur in the past and preset, but he is not aware of people's motivations. He may have known Sam was coming back, but not why.

I loved Littlefinger as a **** starter and master schemer, but it was high time for his exit and I'm glad it went down like it did.

Jamie, bless his little heart, has known what Cersei has become for some time now. I think he was still under the impression that he could try and keep her in check. That illusion has now been broken thanks to that scene with the Mountain. He is the commander of the Lannister armies, they will follow him - not Cersei.
Southlake
A casual observation: During the tense scene with Jaime and Cerisei , when Jamie asked if she was going to kill him and The Mountain was standing behind Jamie, did the scene angle remind you of when the executioner was standing behind Ned before Ned got beheaded?

Also, I was a bit confused when Jamie asked if Cercei was going to kill him, Cercei paused and then gave a small nod of her head, but The Mountain, who had started to draw his sword did nothing as Jaime walked away and said, "I didn't think so". Was that just a prep nod?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
2 best comments I've read so far are:

I like how The Hound and Brienne are so proud of their weird little murder daughter

and

Oh okay, so when Jon has sex with his aunt it's "beautiful" and "romantic", but when I do it, it's "wrong" and "ruins thanksgiving"
Dro07
AG
Quote:

Theon is a really tragic figure, but no one made his decisions for him. Forgiveness isn't a concept we've seen much of in this show. Perhaps after all he's gone through Theon can finally redeem himself to his own family, even if that means his own death.
I agree not way he survives this but I figure he saves his sister dying in the process and not being a coward.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Haha this is the first time I realized that Leanna named him Aegon; I thought she said Eddard Targaryen.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Max Power said:

I also really liked the scene with Jon and Theon in the throne room. Pretty crazy to see the different positions they are both in considering where they both started. I thought it was pretty powerful, they both made decisions based on what they thought their families wanted, ended up going in such different directions.

the only thing is I would have thought Theon would have had a bigger end game than just saving Yara. He's been such a focus for so long, is he not going to have a big role in the Great War? I'm still hoping so.

Also, does he think that Euron is going to the Iron Islands? He will be wrong if so since Euron is going to Essos.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Haha this is the first time I realized that Leanna named him Aegon; I thought she said Eddard Targaryen.

You're not the only one

FIDO95
AG
My thought in regards to Jon's real name being Aegon: I think it has to do with Rheagar being involved heavily in prophesy. Apparently at some point, he came across a scroll or book (song of ice and fire?) that spoke of the prince that was promised and the long night. If I recall correctly, after the tourney at Harrenhall and the discovery of the Laughing Tree knights identity, he became obsessed with Lyanna Stark as he realized a son from that relationship would be of ice and fire. Perhaps that is when he realized his first son was not that "promised prince" and should not have been given the name of Aegon. The name was therefore given again to "Jon".
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
FIDO95 said:

My thought in regards to Jon's real name being Aegon: I think it has to do with Rheagar being involved heavily in prophesy. Apparently at some point, he came across a scroll or book (song of ice and fire?) that spoke of the prince that was promised and the long night. If I recall correctly, after the tourney at Harrenhall and the discovery of the Laughing Tree knights identity, he became obsessed with Lyanna Stark as he realized a son from that relationship would be of ice and fire. Perhaps that is when he realized his first son was not that "promised prince" and should not have been given the name of Aegon. The name was therefore given again to "Jon".
The identity of the Knight of the Laughing Tree has never been confirmed to my knowledge, although Lyanna is the most likely suspect
BallerStaf2003
AG
Wow, that's really good analysis. Thank you!
Sex Panther
AG
Pretty nuts/amazing that the guy who opened the series by having sex with his sister and throwing a kid out of a window has become one of the primary good guys and fan favorites
MaroonStain
AG
Jaime's outlook changed after he was captured by Vogar Hoat(?) and had his hand cut off. Plus Brienne helped with his recovery both physically and emotionally. She is one of the only true and good characters in this saga.
AtlAg05
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Max Power said:

the only thing is I would have thought Theon would have had a bigger end game than just saving Yara. He's been such a focus for so long, is he not going to have a big role in the Great War? I'm still hoping so.

Also, does he think that Euron is going to the Iron Islands? He will be wrong if so since Euron is going to Essos.

Theon's story of it were tied up with a pretty bow would be saving Yara, killing Euron, becoming King of the Iron Islands and bending the knee to Jon/Aegon.

But I don't see too many happy endings for these characters.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I think it's a mistake to see the show using "Aegon" for Jon's Targ name and assume it has anything to do with book canon. It could just be another example of the show consolidating characters for simplicity's sake and to make the show marginally easier to follow.

I don't believe the show has used the name Aegon to describe anyone but Aegon I the Conqueror. They have mentioned the Targaryen babies that were supposedly murdered by the Mountain, but I don't believe they ever mentioned that Aegon by name. Therefore, show canon doesn't have to worry about the confusion of Aegon already being the name of one of Rhaegar's children. Most people will just make the connection to another prominent Targ king.

That said, as a book-reader, I wish they had gone with something else. Not so much that I'm actually upset, but it's going to be a glaring change from the books, which I believe will name him Jaehaerys or something.
The Dog Lord
AG
agchino said:

titanmaster_race said:

Either Bran told Sansa what LF had done, or sansa knew he was full of it, had an unnecessary murderous conversation with arya and sent her bodyguard away

If sansa didn't know what was going on until bran told her what LF had done (and potentially what he was up to in Winterfell) then she trusted littlefinger even after he explicitly told her not to, still let him be her closest adviser, and let him talk her into sending brienne away and mistrusting arya.

I think Sansa played the game to lure him into being there at the trial. She went to him for advice on Arya on purpose to play into his desire to meddle. She went into Aryas room to either confirm she could trust Arya, with Littlefingers dagger being the secret handshake, or to keep up appearances in case little finger was watching.

Everyone says it was bad writing a have the feud between the sisters, but what if the feud was a ruse to bait Littlefinger into exposing himself?
I think the issue with the writing is that we don't know which of the several possible scenarios (Sansa/Arya plotting against LF, Sansa/Arya being dumb, etc.) played out. To me it looked like they were being played by LF until the very end when Sansa may have wised up and asked herself why LF was doing what he was doing.

The only hint we even had that something changed in that scene was that Bran was there, although 3ER-Bran may not have cared about her killing Arya. In previous seasons, I think there would have been at least one more scene to make us think that maybe Sansa is at least doubting LF even if they don;t overtly show her plotting with Arya & Bran. Having her turn and say "Lord Baelish" instead of "Arya" was awesome and clearly meant as a surprise for the audience, but it seemed like Sansa, Arya, and Bran had discussed it before going into the room.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Southlake said:

A casual observation: During the tense scene with Jaime and Cerisei , when Jamie asked if she was going to kill him and The Mountain was standing behind Jamie, did the scene angle remind you of when the executioner was standing behind Ned before Ned got beheaded?

Also, I was a bit confused when Jamie asked if Cercei was going to kill him, Cercei paused and then gave a small nod of her head, but The Mountain, who had started to draw his sword did nothing as Jaime walked away and said, "I didn't think so". Was that just a prep nod?
I had this same question. I thought Cersei nodded to the Mountain to kill Jamie, but then nothing happened. I thought the nod was the order to kill him. What was the nod for?
Southlake
Jon: Let's have boat sex

Dany: do you think we should?

Jon: oh, I incest
Aggie_2463
AG
I think that with Jamie riding north, he will join Dany / Jon and bring atleast a good amount of the lannister army with him.

He's the commander of the lannister army, and I think his soldiers will follow him.

That leaves Cersei with 20,000 golden swords...soo

Dany = 8,000 Unsullied, 2,000 of the second sons?, How many dothraki 5,000? 20,000 northerners? Lannister's with Jamie 10,000?

Dany = ~45,000 soldiers & 2 dragons vs 100,000 army of the dead & 1 dragon

Cersei = 20,000 mercenaries

Big Task for Dany / Jon
Dro07
AG
BallerStaf2003
AG
I thought this was an interesting read about Bran possibly being responsible for Aerys' descent into madness, the Night King's powers, and ultimately the entire long night.

Never put much weight into this theory, but reading this is compellling.

http://nerdist.com/bran-night-king-game-of-thrones-theory/
Belton Ag
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Southlake said:

I had this same question. I thought Cersei nodded to the Mountain to kill Jamie, but then nothing happened. I thought the nod was the order to kill him. What was the nod for?

She probably told him (Zombie Mountain) that she would nod and that he was to draw his sword but not strike Jamie down. She was bluffing and Jamie called her bluff.

Cersei couldn't bring herself to kill Tyrion when she had the chance and she couldn't kill Jamie. It might end up being her undoing.
Ags4DaWin
Ags4DaWin said:

The whole Sansa artya thing is bs. Bran knows the truth and while he went all dr. Manhattan and claims not to be bran, it's in the north's best interests to have stable leadership for the upcoming war for the dawn. So it would make sense that he would intervene if he saw Sansa and Arya in direct conflict that would endanger the north before the war.

Also, arts is not an idiot. Neither is Sansa. If they fall for little finger's trick then they will be taking a major step back from a character development angle. And the writing has just been plain too good for that. I think her giving the catspaw to Sansa was a signal. They both know little finger can't be trusted and in the trailer for the first episode of the season one of them (I forget but it was either Sansa or Arya) says "the lone wolf dies but the pack survives".

A quote we have yet to hear this season so far. It would be the perfect come uppance line to deliver to little finger as they expose and kill him for all he has done. More than that there is the sumbolism in the quote. The symbol of house stark is the Direwolf. The starks are literally and symbolically as seen by The direwolves they each raised as children, wolves. The quote means that they realize that they must stay together m, united as a pack, or die. While, this wouldn't be the first time a trailer misled us regarding the direction a show would go, GoT tends to do a good job of dropping Easter eggs and it wouldn't make sense forSansa and Arya to do such an about face after coming so far.

My money is they are letting out some rope so little finger can hang himself.

In reply to PatAg
My prediction is LF dies in the finale. Cersei holds on til halfway through the last season and the NK dies by the second to last episode with the last episode wrapping everything up.

Also I predict a miniseries based on robert's rebellion. Within 2 years.

Just gonna leave this here for everyone that was questioning Arya and Sansa's ability to deal with LF.
MaroonStain
AG
Quote:

Word on the street is casting decision for major Targ character has been made.

'Word on the street' being my manager at work read this on the line.
Ags4DaWin
They started plotting against little finger the moment they all reunited. Remember the scene after Sansa takes Arya to the tree to see Bran? They all walk back to Winterfell together and Little Finger watches them go into the castle from a balcony. Sansa had never forgiven LF for giving her to the boltons. She said as much this episode. I also firmly believe that was why she didn't go to the Vale before it had become clear that John was going to lose the Battle of the *******s without them. She hadn't forgiven LF and didn't trust him and didn't know what she was going to do about him if they lost te battle because she knew that he would sell her off again.

Once the Battle was won and she finally had allies around her she could trust (the other stark children) she could begin plotting his downfall.

Immediately after Arya reunited with Sansa and Bran at the tree is when Sansa and Arya started to appear to have beef with each other, all part of the plan to expose him.
MaroonStain
AG
MaroonStain said:

Quote:

Word on the street is casting decision for major Targ character has been made.

'Word on the street' being my manager at work read this on the line.

Nevermind....she meant for last night's episode.
Agnzona
The NK doesn't need to die just his #2 that raised the dragon and most of the army.
wangus12
AG
But the NK was the one who raised the dragon
powerbelly
AG
Agnzona said:

The NK doesn't need to die just his #2 that raised the dragon and most of the army.
The NK raised the dragon.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

In reply to PatAg
My prediction is LF dies in the finale. Cersei holds on til halfway through the last season and the NK dies by the second to last episode with the last episode wrapping everything up.
Since we're doing predictions on things that have already happened, I predict Jon shows Dany his dragon.
Agnzona
The NK is the short haired WW or long haired WW?
FL_Ag1998
AG
Southlake said:

Geez. If you don't know what's going on, don't say, "It's bad writing"

Just ask. All of us miss stuff.

Its not about missing stuff. Its simply bad writing when posters on a message board have to come up with theories about how the story progressed from point A to point E because the show gave no indications at all what points B, C, and D were.
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
Agnzona said:

The NK is the short haired WW or long haired WW?

Short hair
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ciboag96
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Champ Bailey said:

You're not the only one

Great, now many Left Tackles will be calling him "nerd".
First Page Last Page
Page 195 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.