Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,138,331 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Texags is garbage
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PatAg said:

another angry ag said:

Tripacer said:

Haven't read much of tonight's posts, so siap. My brother said they should have had LF demand a trial by combat. Then Sansa could have said, "fine. You can fight Arya." That would have been sweet.
Maybe somebody who knows the rules of Westeros better than me can chime in, but I don't believe LF would be eligible for 'Trial by Combat'. I remember a podcast from 'The Ringer' that stated the parameters of being able to request that. Maybe he could have requested it since he was married to Lysa Arryn.

I've reached my nerd quota. Would have loved to see Arya mess with him in a duel for sure.
I wouldn't look to the Ringer as a source for anything that isn't sports related. They cover a lot of other things, but they aren't good at it.
I should mention that it's the podcast with Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion. They seem to know their stuff. I think LF would have been eligible for it since he was named Lord of Harrenhal first.

My mind has been more on Hurricane Harvey tonight.
redline248
AG
So, Bran is all "I'm too busy and important to care about your feelings, Meera, even though I would have been dog food in castle Bolton if not for you...but let me go handle this family drama."
TCTTS
AG
PatAg said:

another angry ag said:

Tripacer said:

Haven't read much of tonight's posts, so siap. My brother said they should have had LF demand a trial by combat. Then Sansa could have said, "fine. You can fight Arya." That would have been sweet.
Maybe somebody who knows the rules of Westeros better than me can chime in, but I don't believe LF would be eligible for 'Trial by Combat'. I remember a podcast from 'The Ringer' that stated the parameters of being able to request that. Maybe he could have requested it since he was married to Lysa Arryn.

I've reached my nerd quota. Would have loved to see Arya mess with him in a duel for sure.
I wouldn't look to the Ringer as a source for anything that isn't sports related. They cover a lot of other things, but they aren't good at it.
You clearly don't pay much attention to The Ringer then. They not only have two of the most knowledgeable Game of Thrones experts on staff in Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion, who do some of the best and most thorough Thrones coverage on the web (and were literally employed by HBO last year as resident commentators/experts), but The Ringer also has truly great film and TV coverage in general across their both their site and podcast platforms. I have no idea about the question above, as it could have been addressed by Andy Greenwald or Chris Ryan, who aren't nearly as knowledgeable when it comes to Thrones, but overall, if there was only ONE resource I could point to for stellar Thrones coverage, it would literally be The Ringer.
BoxingAg84
Initially I was thinking that the smallest dragon tearing down a magic wall that's hundreds of years old in 3 minutes was cheesy as hell.

However after listening to a GOT recap on YouTube, they brought up the point that Viserion as an ice dragon works in the opposite way of a dragon.

Dragon fire turns men to ashes in seconds. So it's heat is comprable to that of lava (2100 degrees Fahrenheit).

If we're talking the opposite end of the spectrum, absolute zero (-459 degrees Fahrenheit) or somewhere around there, ice would turn to gas and thus melt the wall in the same amount of time Drogon turned men into ash.
TCTTS
AG
Or... and hear me out on this... it's a fantasy show in which the dead can be brought back to life and certain people can literally see the past, so the science concerning a dead dragon's fire breath is something probably not worth analyzing/fretting over in any meaningful way.
Trident 88
AG
The Dog Lord said:

Trident 88 said:

The Debt said:

I was so hoping the wight died in the crate.
They did a great job with the suspense. Wondering whether or not the wight was going to be alive or dead was my "shiiiitting bricks" moment in this episode, like Tormund getting buried under wights was in the last episode.

That one was good, but it was Jaime and the Mountain for me. Looking back it would have been a crappy way for them to kill him off, but I really thought it was happening after she nodded and the Mountain drew his sword.
Good point, although that scene was mercifully short, so I only said, "Oh crap" a couple of times.
Max Power
AG
TCTTS said:

PatAg said:

another angry ag said:

Tripacer said:

You clearly don't pay much attention to The Ringer then. They not only have two of the most knowledgeable Game of Thrones experts on staff in Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion, who do some of the best and most thorough Thrones coverage on the web (and were literally employed by HBO last year as resident commentators/experts), but The Ringer also has truly great film and TV coverage in general across their both their site and podcast platforms. I have no idea about the question above, as it could have been addressed by Andy Greenwald or Chris Ryan, who aren't nearly as knowledgeable when it comes to Thrones, but overall, if there was only ONE resource I could point to for stellar Thrones coverage, it would literally be The Ringer.

This 100%. They are excellent at putting the show into the context of the books. I'm not big on AG and CR but MR and JC's podcast is a great companion to the show.

I also dislike AG for calling out Talking Bad and Talking Dead as terrible things, then low and behold he shows up on HBO for the same idea. Hardwick called him out and evidently AG just texted a bunch of emojis like a child.
Robert C. Christian
AG
The Sam/Bran interaction was great.

Sam: What is the 3ER?
Bran: I see every thing in the past and present. Why are you here Sam?

I don't think Bran is as powerful as he lets on.
Apache
AG
A few questions & observations:

*Who rules the Vale now?

*Why was Tyrion outside the LoveCabin just stewing?

*Did we ever meet any of the Golden Company in previous seasons? (Possible Daaaario return?)

* Tormund- does he survive the collapse of the wall? Maybe he races back to just beat the army of the dead to Winterfell.

*Is Arya's role finished or does she go undercover next season into KL and take out Cersei?

*Lots of talk of dragon glass, it would be nice to see the armies being outfitted with it before heading north.

*Loved Theon's redemption. He was such a cocky little s@&t the first few seasons. Maybe he is coming back around.

*Cersei appears to be off the bottle and a turned into a rational, cunning leader an exceptionally strategic mind. Except she told her plans to Jamie and let him ride away. Oops. He should have spent the money on a Ravengram before he left btw.

*Bronn and Tyrion. Brienne and the Hound. The Mountain and the Hound. Cercei and Tryion. Pod and Tyrion. So many great "haven't seen you in a while" moments that my mind was racing trying to remember all the previous interactions. Great stuff.

Kate Beckett
AG
Someone give Lena an Emmy. For such a nice person to play such a total beotch is wonderful acting skills.
country
AG
Only part of the finale that I didn't care for was Theon's story arch. I just felt like they spent a total of about 2 minutes all season with him and then in the finale rekindled the story line with wasted screen time in a finale totally focused on the culmination of winter arriving. Other than that, I really enjoyed all the other wraps.
MandoArms
Why doesn't Jon have any blonde hair or crazy colored eyes?
powerbelly
AG
BrownCoat said:

Why doesn't Jon have any blonde hair or crazy colored eyes?
He is still half Stark.
MSCAg
AG
FrioAg said:

. Bran had basically said he has trouble processing it all.
oh no
AG
re: Theon: someone other than Jaime might have to warn the crew about Euron transporting the gold co. army from Essos to Westeros. Seems like they might have quickly added a chore for Theon in case they need him for that. Surely the final season won't spend too much time on Theon attempting to rescue Yara.
wangus12
AG
country said:

Only part of the finale that I didn't care for was Theon's story arch. I just felt like they spent a total of about 2 minutes all season with him and then in the finale rekindled the story line with wasted screen time in a finale totally focused on the culmination of winter arriving. Other than that, I really enjoyed all the other wraps.

He may have not had much screen time this season, but everyone knows his arc from Season 1 to now. We know there was gonna be conflict between Theon/Yara and their uncle since last season and it an open storyline. They've been slowing building his redemption arc since he escaped Ramsey. Good to see him get some mojo back
bangobango
AG
Lot of shout outs to Ned in this episode. Was kind of cool.
Max Power
AG
Lots of predictable moments, but a really enjoyable episode.

Had a feeling there was 0% chance that Cersei would align with anyone, she does not see anything but how to get what she wants, consequences be damned. I still don't think she's actually pregnant either. I think if she were that would make her reconsider her actions. If she's not the world is doomed, the family will end, it doesn't matter to her. I think she is using the pregnancy to trick Jaime and Tyrion. That scene with Tyrion and her was pretty powerful, and I do wonder if he believes she is pregnant if he would do something for his family over his current duty to Dany.

Littlefinger death scene was greatness.

I still think the ice dragon is totally unnecessary for the army of the dead, but a cool scene when it took down the wall.

Jon's heritage is finally revealed, at an awkward moment, but it was going to happen.

For the next year I have to wonder how the full interaction with Tyrion and Cersei went, and it's going to drive me crazy.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
MSCAg said:

FrioAg said:

. Bran had basically said he has trouble processing it all.
People in the thread seem to be confusing the ability to be able to see the past and present with omniscience. He's still a teenager; he's still spending half the time using his powers to peek into brothels in the realm.
Dro07
AG
Apache said:

A few questions & observations:

*Who rules the Vale .

The same person that little weird ass kid. LF was just influencing him to do what he wanted.
wangus12
AG
Max Power said:

Lots of predictable moments, but a really enjoyable episode.

Had a feeling there was 0% chance that Cersei would align with anyone, she does not see anything but how to get what she wants, consequences be damned. I still don't think she's actually pregnant either. I think if she were that would make her reconsider her actions. If she's not the world is doomed, the family will end, it doesn't matter to her. I think she is using the pregnancy to trick Jaime and Tyrion. That scene with Tyrion and her was pretty powerful, and I do wonder if he believes she is pregnant if he would do something for his family over his current duty to Dany.

For the next year I have to wonder how the full interaction with Tyrion and Cersei went, and it's going to drive me crazy.
Kinda makes me wonder what deal they may have made. Dany "can't" have kids in Tyrion's mind and will need an heir. Cersei is preggers. Maybe he proposed that her kid could be the heir behind Dany, although Cersei would never willingly relinquish the throne.

Jon and Dany together could throw a wrench in that plan as Jon can still produce an heir if he is made king.

dc509
AG
another angry ag said:

PatAg said:

another angry ag said:

Tripacer said:

I should mention that it's the podcast with Mallory Rubin and Jason Concepcion. They seem to know their stuff. I think LF would have been eligible for it since he was named Lord of Harrenhal first.

My mind has been more on Hurricane Harvey tonight.
The Ringer is ok when it comes to Game of Thrones so long as it's Mallory Rubin and/or Jason Concepcion doing the recap. If Andy Greenwald starts pontificating I'm done immediately.
Southlake
Quote:

• Quote:

Southlake
    1:43a, 8/26/17
    L

Do you think a resurrected Viserion could burn a hole in the wall?? Hmm....
    [url=https://texags.com/forums/new/13/2797481/49661362][/url][url=https://texags.com/forums/new/13/2797481/49661362/quote][/url]

Nailed this one.

[url=https://texags.com/forums/new/13/2797481/49661362][/url][url=https://texags.com/forums/new/13/2797481/49661362/quote][/url]

chipotle
omg...boatcest
AtlAg05
AG
Arya killed LF, so she now has his face, correct? Could be useful for dealing with Cersi, but not sure how you keep the lid on his death.

Speaking of Cersi, so she stays south gets the Golden Conpany (presumably) and the others go to fight in the north. They will still know they are screwed even if they win against the WWs. Do they have Cersi save the day? They do love to have a secret army swoop in when things look dire and I don't see how they can fit a WW battle and then battle for KL in one season.

*I have read no spoilers*
double aught
AG
I don't think there was any covert deal between Tyrion and Cersei. She likely went along with his proposal after he did some persuading, and it just wasn't on screen so there could be the dramatic return and reveal at the dragon pit. It was a ruse on her part anyway. No need to drive a hard bargain.
Dro07
AG
I think they can keep a lid on it. Not all the houses were there just the Winterfeld army and the General of the Vale. It would be interesting if she uses his face or not to get into Kingslanding.
wangus12
AG
Also I like the way my boy Jon Snow thinks.

"I can't get pregnant."

"Who told you that?"

"Crazy witch lady"

"She's not reliable. We should test her theory"

He has game
Southlake
Geez. If you don't know what's going on, don't say, "It's bad writing"

Just ask. All of us miss stuff.

dc509
AG
dromo07 said:

I think they can keep a lid on it. Not all the houses were there just the Winterfeld army and the General of the Vale. It would be interesting if she uses his face or not to get into Kingslanding.

Using his face is a fair theory. Jaime arrives and tells them about Cersei's betrayal, and Arya heads south to straighten out the situation.
Southlake
Boat scene with Jon and Dany was great, but I really didn't need to see him Stark naked...
chipotle
Southlake said:

Boat scene with Jon and Dany was great, but I really didn't need to see him Stark naked...

DannyDuberstein
AG
LF turned on Cersei when he turned on the Boltons. I think he was spent and we won't see his face because it isn't worth anything. Once he had the Knights align with the Starks, he was toast in KL.
Trident 88
AG
Quote:

People in the thread seem to be confusing the ability to be able to see the past and present with omniscience. He's still a teenager; he's still spending half the time using his powers to peek into brothels in the realm.
Exactly! It also explains why he sounds creepy and worn out all the time. I'm sure the young master has exhausted himself.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Southlake said:

Oh geez, how awful for you Ned Flanders! Have you ever seen an R rated movie?

/revision/latest?cb=20100810232701
First Page Last Page
Page 194 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.