Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,146,989 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
OldShadeOfBlue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bangobango said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

bangobango said:

Also, something I have not yet seen mentioned - Jaime is riding North to help fight. Presumably the three eyed raven now knows who crippled him....
I think Bran knew who crippled him as soon as he hit the ground...

He couldn't remember when he woke up.
Do yall seriously not remember this? Everyone assumed he fell off the castle and Bran couldnt remember any differently.

Yall think Cat would have freed Jaime if she had known he shoved Bran off the castle?
Ah yep, I forgot that he forgot after like 12 seasons.
bangobango
AG
The thing driving me crazy is why Tyrion so upset about John and Dany banging?

Makes me think it has something to do with what he promised Cersi. Probably some marriage arrangement with Dany? Jaime or the unborn child? Maybe married to John if a girl?
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
One thing I haven't seen discussed: Sam has spent the last two seasons (and basically his whole life) on a quest to learn everything possible.

Now he has Three Eyed Google.
bangobango
AG
Urban Ag said:

Isn't the boat most likely going to Dragonstone?

No, they were at dragonstone when they decided to take a boat. Boat is going North.
Living Legend
AG
knoxtom said:

Was anyone else really disappointed in the way the wall came down?

They built this thing up since season one and it was down in 1.5 minutes of screen time. On top of that, what the heck was the night king going to do if they didn't gift wrap a dragon to him last episode? Just seems like the writers just didn't have time to get to the goals they plotted for this season so they just went with the simplest solution.

I liked the episode but thought it was really lazy writing to have such a simple solution fall right into his hands with little to no work involved.

Awesome a dragon! I will kill it with a magic spear that never appeared in the show before, drag it out of the water with giant chains that are somehow available, raise the dead dragon and use his super-fire to melt the wall that has stood up to every challenge for 1000 years.

Thirty minutes and a 6 pack and I could have come up with a better plot to get past the wall.
Please write a series,and have it be one of the most watched ever.
Joseph Parrish
AG
bangobango said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Ags4DaWin said:

I don't think Cersei is pregnant. Personally I think the whole pregnancy is a manipulation, which she devised first to keep Jaime. Secondly she let Tyrion know about the pregnancy too easily. That kind of information (that would make her seem vulnerable) is not something she normally would have revealed of her own free will.

The "pregnancy" has done two things for her so far 1) kept Jaime around in spite of his misgivings. 2) convinced Tyrion the truce was real.

We have not seen her consult with qyburn regarding it, and as her Maester you would think that she woukd have.

Jaime realizes the pregnancy was a lie, and tried to leave permanently she kills him, and Tyrion kills her out of revenge maybe?
I think it'd be a little cheesy for the writers to suddenly be like "just kidding!" I think they're playing this up for her to lose the baby somehow and have her go back to 100% Mad Queen.

Normally I would agree with you, but you did just see that whole Arya Sansa thing, right?
Yes, and it would be ridiculous to repeat that crap. I like how that storyline ended, but playing it out was pretty bad.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
bangobango said:

The thing driving me crazy is why Tyrion so upset about John and Dany banging?

Makes me think it has something to do with what he promised Cersi. Probably some marriage arrangement with Dany? Jaime or the unborn child? Maybe married to John if a girl?
I think it has zero to do with his conversations with Cersei and everything to do with who Tyrion really is...
Living Legend
AG
Thomas Ford 91 said:

The Debt said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Does anyone else find it odd that Rheagar's first son that Gregor Clegane murdered was also named Aegon?

Does anyone else find it odd that Jons name is aegon and so was the nights watch's maester?

A great-uncle with the same name...its almost like it's a family name.

The maester was named Aemon.

This Aegon thing is mind-numbingly stupid. First, the nerds had already read Lyanna's lips last season and decided his real name is Jaehaerys. It makes sense that Ned would call him Jon.

Second, why would Lyanna name him Aegon? She knows Rheagar already has a son with that name. Why the George Foreman treatment? It make more sense that they agreed on names before he left for the battle at the Trident. And, Jaehaerys makes a lot more sense than Aegon. Because at the time he alteady has a son with that name. Had Jon been a girl would they named it the same as his other daughter?

This is so easy. Why do they need to try to screw it up?
Be patient, it will be revealed next season.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

So who kills Cersei? At this point it can't be Jaime because the Volanqar wraps his "hands" around her throat. Jaime has one hand, so he's ruled out.

John is technically a little brother, as his older brother was killed by the Mountain during the sack of king's landing. Tyrion, Sandro Clegane, heck Euron are all little brothers....and so is Theon. Bran could but only if he wargs into someone else to do it. Could he Warg into the Mountain?!?

Could Arya take Jaime's face and kill her? Arya's style has been a slice across the throats though so that really would seem to not indicate her. Tyrion has killed someone (Shae) though strangling but not with his hands.

Strangling especially with your hands is typically a very emotional form of killing . You have to be up close and personal or it needs to be a life and death struggle or both. Jaime and Tyrion are the only ones I can think of for whom Cersei's murder would make it that personal.....

there is no reason that having one gold hand rules out choking someone with your hands. Granted the fake gold hand would be more holding her neck maybe at the back while the other chokes from the front. But I don't see why it eliminates him. If anything it is some great misdirection. He could still wrap his hands around her neck. He can't grip a sword but he doesn't have to, to choke her. Just effectively hold her in place.

And that part of the prophecy is not in the TV show anyway so.....irrelevant really. But if you want to discuss it....

I've always thought it would be Jamie - because Cersei thought it meant Tyrion so obviously it cannot be that. And there is so much now in driving Jaime to betray her and she won't take that well. Plus she thinks of Tyrion only as her little brother and not Jaime even though she was born first by minutes.

In a family where Tyrion killed his father, his mother died in childbirth, Cersei's son was poisoned by his brides grandmother, her daughter was poisoned by family of her betrothed and her other son killed himself because Cersei killed his bride (and hundreds of others)..... it's the most likely thing to have it be family related.

nikator
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

agsquirrel97 said:

Bran's big reveal....Jon Sand

Cue Dany meme - summer is coming, I've already had 6" of sand

Why would Jon have ever been sand if that's the ******* name for Dornish *******s...

But neither of his parents are Dornish, and he knew that. Rheagar and Lyanna.

Wouldn't he have been a ******* name for a Targaryen?

Ok so Targaryens never had any particular common *******s name...they did not have a region as they hailed from Essos originally.

Targ *******s over the years had many surnames including Rivers, Waters and Blackfyre.

Some used the name of the region for the mother others used where they were born, etc. So I think Bran was assuming because the TOJ was in Dorne he would be a Sand.

the Westeros custom is based on the region the father was from - but thats not true of Targs.

Robert Baratheon had a ******* born in the Vale in the books named Mya Stone... His ******* bought in the Stormlands in the books is Edric Storm.

Targ *******s appear to take the name of the region they were born or where their mothers were born. Some got other names or later adopted different last names.

Take a look at the *******s of Aegon IV the unworthy

The original three eyed crow was born Brynden Rivers and was later known as Bloodraven. His mother was a Blackwood from the Riverlands.

His half brother and rival who founded the Golden Company was born Aegor Rivers and was later known as Bittersteel. His mother was a Bracken also from the Riverlands.

Their half brother Daemon was born of a liaison with a Targ princess Daena the defiant and was initially called Daemon Waters (the ******* name of the crown lands) and later took the name Blackfire.
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
Urban Ag
AG
serious question. Are you able to recall that from memory or do you have to check the wiki. Either way, I thought my GOT knowledge was pretty good but I got nothing on some people clearly.
dcAg
It looked like Sansa went back-channeling to get the Knights of the Vale on her side. They were absolutely unresponsive to LF.

What do you think the Knights of the Vale thought when a 13 year old girl just walks up and slots LF?

I bet they were like "Holy ****!!!"

My guess is that Arya kills Cersei just for the fact that she is on her list. I also bet Arya gives the Hound a pass.
Phat32
AG
Urban Ag said:

Isn't the boat most likely going to Dragonstone?
Had to stop in Poundtown first.
redline248
AG
Yo, Gendry, come with us to catch a zombie.

Hammertime?

Ah, no. Sorry, we need you to run your ass off to send an email.

Welp, thanks for having me back for like 4 minutes.
nikator
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Jon = Aegon V Targaryen

Jons baby = Aemon? Or Rhaegar?

Aegon VI
---------------

- Old Turkish saying
nikator
AG
Urban Ag said:

serious question. Are you able to recall that from memory or do you have to check the wiki. Either way, I thought my GOT knowledge was pretty good but I got nothing on some people clearly.

LOL... That stuff I did remember
---------------

- Old Turkish saying
plowboy1065
S
BallerStaf2003 said:

I thought this was an interesting read about Bran possibly being responsible for Aerys' descent into madness, the Night King's powers, and ultimately the entire long night.

Never put much weight into this theory, but reading this is compellling.

http://nerdist.com/bran-night-king-game-of-thrones-theory/

It's taken me some time but I'm pretty much onboard with Bran being the NK
aggie93
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

So who kills Cersei? At this point it can't be Jaime because the Volanqar wraps his "hands" around her throat. Jaime has one hand, so he's ruled out.

John is technically a little brother, as his older brother was killed by the Mountain during the sack of king's landing. Tyrion, Sandro Clegane, heck Euron are all little brothers....and so is Theon. Bran could but only if he wargs into someone else to do it. Could he Warg into the Mountain?!?

Could Arya take Jaime's face and kill her? Arya's style has been a slice across the throats though so that really would seem to not indicate her. Tyrion has killed someone (Shae) though strangling but not with his hands.

Strangling especially with your hands is typically a very emotional form of killing . You have to be up close and personal or it needs to be a life and death struggle or both. Jaime and Tyrion are the only ones I can think of for whom Cersei's murder would make it that personal.....
Good episode. Wrapped up some story lines and starting to set it up for the home stretch, though still pretty clumsily.

The valonquar is only in the books so I don't think it has any relevance in the Show. It was a fun episode but the writing is fatally flawed at this point.

I love the LF kill scene but the buildup was lazy by creating the drama from illlogical and disconnected points. For instance, why have the sisters in their last meeting have Arya all but threaten to kill her sister when it was only the 2 of them and Sansa was snooping. Then they come up with this plan to kill LF off camera? K, I get it but that's bad writing.

The way Jaime left was lame as well. Why give the head nod and then nothing happens. He's not even restrained. At least add a little drama with The Mountain and Jaime getting in a small swordfight and then Cersei stops it and lets him go. To have him just leave made little sense and with the head nod it was just awkward.

It was also lazy to call Jon "Aegon". He won't be that in the Books because it is the name of his older brother and it is an overused name. For instance it would make sense if his name was "Jaeharys" who was considered one of the best Targ Kings and the longest reigning. It also makes sense to shorten it to "Jon" a lot more than "Aegon". Just odd choices the Show makes that they could have a nod to the books but instead go out of their way to create new stuff that doesn't jive with the Books and serves no real purpose. I get that the Show can't follow the Books but what I don't get is why they create new stuff that makes even less sense while leaving out Book info or consistencies.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
So with an annulment, wouldn't the first Aegon need a (new) ******* name?

Per Sam, it makes it like the first marriage never happened. So they get a mulligan on names.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
I think Cersei clearly told the Mountain beforehand that she would make that bluff if it came to it
nikator
AG
The whole annulment thing in the show is so dumb. In the middle of a civil war where Dorne is already pissed at the slight to Elia and is only grudgingly sending troops he makes it worse by annulling the marriage?

Targs in the past have had multiple wives (including Aegon the conqueror) though none had done so since Maegor the Cruel. Elia basically was not able to have children any more without risk to her life, so he could have got himself some sort of dispensation to get wife number 2 rather than throw the legitimacy of his children into question.

The thing that comes from the books is the other than Robert (for obvious reasons) EVERYBODY living loves Rahegar. Even Ned has no negative feelings in his POV, Cersei thinks of him as the one that got away, Barristan and Jamie both looked up to him. An annulment for a faithful wife would be something Henry VIII would do, not Rhaegar...just a deviation from where the character actually should be.

But then they did the same thing for Robb Stark (in having him get married because he is horny rather than a Ned Starkian sense of honor) in season 2, so why not Rhaegar.
---------------

- Old Turkish saying
Carl Underguard
AG
A question for the Game of Thrones experts: We now know that Jon was indirectly responsible for bringing down the Wall. So my questions are: Does this fit in with some sort of prophecy? That he would have to bring the Wall down in order to then save humanity from his own error, presumably solving the problem for good? Would the Wall have come down, anyway?

I've been critical of the writing this season but am willing to extend the benefit of the doubt here. Is there anything backing this up?
My Dad Earl
AG
knoxtom said:

Was anyone else really disappointed in the way the wall came down?

They built this thing up since season one and it was down in 1.5 minutes of screen time. On top of that, what the heck was the night king going to do if they didn't gift wrap a dragon to him last episode? Just seems like the writers just didn't have time to get to the goals they plotted for this season so they just went with the simplest solution.

I liked the episode but thought it was really lazy writing to have such a simple solution fall right into his hands with little to no work involved.

Awesome a dragon! I will kill it with a magic spear that never appeared in the show before, drag it out of the water with giant chains that are somehow available, raise the dead dragon and use his super-fire to melt the wall that has stood up to every challenge for 1000 years.

Thirty minutes and a 6 pack and I could have come up with a better plot to get past the wall.
Sorry if this has already been discussed...

I feel this same way. I was convinced that they were going to make the plot similar to last season when Bran was touched by the Night King, therefore making the magic of the Three Eyed Raven's cave powerless. I figured that since Bran was on the other side of the wall, the Night King's army would be able to move past the wall. For all we know, this was still the case. Once Bran crossed the other side, the wall's magic might have become null and void.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TL;DR - He's predicting a March 2019 debut for a variety of reasons.
G Martin 87
AG
plowboy1065 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

I thought this was an interesting read about Bran possibly being responsible for Aerys' descent into madness, the Night King's powers, and ultimately the entire long night.

Never put much weight into this theory, but reading this is compellling.

http://nerdist.com/bran-night-king-game-of-thrones-theory/

It's taken me some time but I'm pretty much onboard with Bran being the NK
I'm unconvinced. For example, this part...
Quote:

So that's when Bran went back much further, to try and learn how mankind stopped the White Walkers the first time. But Bran arrived too late, so instead he inhabited the body of the legendary hero Bran the Builder and helped erect the Wall to keep the White Walkers out. But as we know this will (semingly) not be a permanent answer either.
...is all supposition, with nothing in the show or books to even hint at it. Moreover, it relies on a BTTF - Doc Brown interpretation of what's going on when Bran sees past events. He can't "arrive" in the past (he's not physically present), and he can't be "too late" (because he sees events in any order and at any time he wishes.) Bran isn't a time traveler in the traditional sense. Also, he didn't warg into past Wylis from the past. He warged into present Hodor from the present. If this Night King theory relies on Bran warging into people from the past while viewing the past, then it's flawed right there.
redline248
AG
nikator said:

The whole annulment thing in the show is so dumb. In the middle of a civil war where Dorne is already pissed at the slight to Elia and is only grudgingly sending troops he makes it worse by annulling the marriage?

Targs in the past have had multiple wives (including Aegon the conqueror) though none had done so since Maegor the Cruel. Elia basically was not able to have children any more without risk to her life, so he could have got himself some sort of dispensation to get wife number 2 rather than throw the legitimacy of his children into question.

The thing that comes from the books is the other than Robert (for obvious reasons) EVERYBODY living loves Rahegar. Even Ned has no negative feelings in his POV, Cersei thinks of him as the one that got away, Barristan and Jamie both looked up to him. An annulment for a faithful wife would be something Henry VIII would do, not Rhaegar...just a deviation from where the character actually should be.

But then they did the same thing for Robb Stark (in having him get married because he is horny rather than a Ned Starkian sense of honor) in season 2, so why not Rhaegar.

The books also had Robb get married bc he was horny (or in "love", however you want to define it), that isn't a show creation. There isn't enough show detail to know what Rhaegar was up to, but we can make some guesses based on the books. According to Selmy (I think) Rhaegar became obsessed with the prophesy. It's possible that he didn't annull the first marriage and remarry because he actually loved Lyanna. He might have just done what he thought was his best chance at fulfilling the prophesy out of duty.
wangus12
AG
nikator said:

The Rebellion probably hadn't started when they actually were married. I imagine the wedding and annulment occurred almost immediately after they ran away together.
redline248
AG
Carl Underguard said:

A question for the Game of Thrones experts: We now know that Jon was indirectly responsible for bringing down the Wall. So my questions are: Does this fit in with some sort of prophecy? That he would have to bring the Wall down in order to then save humanity from his own error, presumably solving the problem for good? Would the Wall have come down, anyway?

I've been critical of the writing this season but am willing to extend the benefit of the doubt here. Is there anything backing this up?

I think it's fair to criticize the writing here, since they have provided no detail on any prophesy regarding Azor Ahai. There's no background about sacrificing anything (or anyone) in order to ultimately win. So it just looks like Jon's mission to go north resulted in the wall coming down, indirectly.
Madman
AG
Random thought.

This guy would have been a better choice to play Little Finger.

redline248
AG
wangus12 said:

nikator said:

The Rebellion probably hadn't started when they actually were married. I imagine the wedding and annulment occurred almost immediately after they ran away together.

Also a good point.
BoneBoy
AG
redline248 said:

JCRiley09 said:

So in the Cleganebowl tease, the Hound says someone's coming for the Mountain. Is he talking about himself, Arya, someone else?
Definitely himself.
Without a doubt-->Arya! She's also coming for Cersi. The Hound knows that both are on Arya's list, the only ones on her list still living.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

It was also lazy to call Jon "Aegon". He won't be that in the Books because it is the name of his older brother and it is an overused name. For instance it would make sense if his name was "Jaeharys" who was considered one of the best Targ Kings and the longest reigning. It also makes sense to shorten it to "Jon" a lot more than "Aegon". Just odd choices the Show makes that they could have a nod to the books but instead go out of their way to create new stuff that doesn't jive with the Books and serves no real purpose. I get that the Show can't follow the Books but what I don't get is why they create new stuff that makes even less sense while leaving out Book info or consistencies.
There are theories that due to Rhaegar's obsession with the PtwP prophecy is why Jon is named Aegon. At first he believed himself to be the PtwP and later believed that it would be his child. He wanted that "promised" child to be named Aegon after Aegon the Conqueror. Since his 1st marriage was annulled, the kids of that marriage no longer matter, and thus he names his "1st" child Aegon.

Also I don't think the writers of the show would change the name of basically the main character of the entire series.
G Martin 87
AG
BoneBoy said:

redline248 said:

JCRiley09 said:

So in the Cleganebowl tease, the Hound says someone's coming for the Mountain. Is he talking about himself, Arya, someone else?
Definitely himself.
Without a doubt-->Arya! She's also coming for Cersi. The Hound knows that both are on Arya's list, the only ones on her list still living.
The Hound actually asks The Mountain if HE knows who's coming for him. The Mountain has no idea that he's on Arya's list. So, no, not Arya. It's just a straight up, simple Cleganebowl reference.
Joseph Parrish
AG
BoneBoy said:

redline248 said:

JCRiley09 said:

Definitely himself.

I'll be a little disappointed if Jamie isn't the one to take down Cersei. They've been toying between good and bad in his character development for the entire show. I think this time it's making the final turn.
First Page Last Page
Page 198 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.