Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,146,667 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Houston Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hickory High said:

The This episode felt pretty flimsy. I immediately wanted to call bull**** after just 5 minutes into it.

• How the HELL did both Bronn and Jamie swim all the way across that lake?
  • How the HELL did no one in Dany's army catch Bronn and Jamie as they swam across the lake?
  • Why does no one suggest to Dany that the whole "bend the knee or die" ultimatum is hardly a real choice at all and that she's starting to become just like all the others?
  • How is it that the only thing Dany has to say about her dragon being cool with Jon, something that has never happened before, is "Aren't they beautiful"?
  • How does Cersei still have the necessary funds to pay back the Iron Bank even with all the gold from the Tyrell's?
  • Look, I know you kind of just have to get over the travel time thing, but come on....Jamie gets back to King's Landing with no horse in like 5 minutes, Tyrion travels to King's Landing and back by row boat in no time....COME ON!!!!
  • Sam making the worst case ever for his view on the walkers
  • CAN THEY JUST TAKE A DRAGON TO DO THIS SPEC OPS WALKER CAPTURE MISSION?!?!

You don't get it. Just like in Video Games you "Fast Travel" to places you have already been.

Simple.
powerbelly
AG
Yes. The show skips over all the travel that is unimportant to the story. What is so hard to understand about that? Would you rather watch 3+ seasons of Johns and crew on a boat? Or would you rather skip that?
Gangnam Style
AG
Cave Johnson, CEO said:

Well the hound has to live because CleganeBowl.
GET HYPE
hunter2012
AG
Dirty dozen vibe there at the end...

Also I can't tell whose plots were most interesting at the end of this one, Cersei's or Littlefinger's...
Ogre09
AG
Trident 88 said:

Ogre09 said:

Jon being the heir means Dany, his aunt, is subject to him. If they both knew and acknowledged that, her forces would be at his command to battle the Night King without having to convince her. It's hugely important.

He would definitely have to convince her. Her army is hers, not the rightful heir's. They follow her because they chose her.

If she knew he was the heir, she would serve him.
InternetFan02
AG
With the romantic brother/sister makeout session after pregancy revelation and the aunt/nephew eye-****ing scenes is this the most incest friendly TV episode ever?
PatAg
AG
Hickory High said:

powerbelly51 said:

The fact that you dont understand/wont accept the compression of time during travel is astounding.
1. I don't know you, but okay.

2. "Astounding"? Really? It "astounds" you?
It is pretty astounding.
The Dog Lord
AG
Ogre09 said:

Trident 88 said:

Ogre09 said:

Jon being the heir means Dany, his aunt, is subject to him. If they both knew and acknowledged that, her forces would be at his command to battle the Night King without having to convince her. It's hugely important.

He would definitely have to convince her. Her army is hers, not the rightful heir's. They follow her because they chose her.

I don't think she would despite the fact that much of her argument for herself has been that she is the "rightful queen."
Hickory High
AG
Ogre09 said:

Hickory High said:

This episode felt pretty flimsy. I immediately wanted to call bull**** after just 5 minutes into it.

• How the HELL did both Bronn and Jamie swim all the way across that lake?
  • How the HELL did no one in Dany's army catch Bronn and Jamie as they swam across the lake?
  • Why does no one suggest to Dany that the whole "bend the knee or die" ultimatum is hardly a real choice at all and that she's starting to become just like all the others?
  • How is it that the only thing Dany has to say about her dragon being cool with Jon, something that has never happened before, is "Aren't they beautiful"?
  • How does Cersei still have the necessary funds to pay back the Iron Bank even with all the gold from the Tyrell's?
  • Look, I know you kind of just have to get over the travel time thing, but come on....Jamie gets back to King's Landing with no horse in like 5 minutes, Tyrion travels to King's Landing and back by row boat in no time....COME ON!!!!

You're an idiot...

It was a river, not a lake. Bronn grabbed Jamie and they floated downstream.

Bend the knee or die is not a bad line. What's a fair alternative to enemy soldiers you captured?

I think Dany was impressed with Jon's interaction with Drogon. What did you want her to say? "OMG, you must be a Targaryan!"?

Cersei has the Tyrell's money. It got to KL before Dany attacked.

Jamie was attacked near KL. Travel time was short.

Dragonstone is just across Blackwater Bay from KL. Travel time was short.

Not sure the childish name calling is necessary, but alright...

That's flimsy for so many reasons.

That's not the point. The point is that Dany doesn't want to be like Cersei, but by telling them "serve me or die", she's no different at all.

Well, considering the dragons only tolerate the presence of other humans with dragon's blood....maybe?

That seems extremely unlikely considering how they've been making the point that the Lanisters are out of money for like 5 seasons now.

Whatever

Whatever.
JJxvi
AG
Cersei letting Tyrion come into Kings Landing and leave intact for even for whatever plot she's got going was the thing that felt most off to me about this episode.
SeattleAgJr
Ogre09 said:

Oh, she will be "serving" him soon enough....
Post removed:
by user
titanmaster_race
InternetFan02 said:

Also should note that Jorah is still trapped in the friend zone. She gives him friendly hugs then turns to eye-****ing at Jon. Jon gets his sword and his woman.

Jorah is awesome now, but that's what you get for getting your hands dirty in the slavery business.
PatAg
AG
Let's talk about Cersei anchor-babying Jaime. There has been more than a few times you could see him just wondering what he has got himself into with her, and her madness...but now she is pregnant with his kid.
SeattleAgJr
InternetFan02 said:

With the romantic brother/sister makeout session after pregancy revelation and the aunt/nephew eye-****ing scenes is this the most incest friendly TV episode ever?
incest is fine, as long as everyone is attractive.

it is only when the horrible recessive genes kick in that it is not OK.
Hickory High
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Yes. The show skips over all the travel that is unimportant to the story. What is so hard to understand about that? Would you rather watch 3+ seasons of Johns and crew on a boat? Or would you rather skip that?
I didn't make my point clear it seems. My issue is not with the individual "fast travels", it's the syncing of all the different timelines seems impossible.
PatAg
AG
AstroAg17 said:

I get that Jamie is important and the writers aren't done with him. The charge at Dany seems consistent with his character too. But the lake escape is so ridiculous, I think they should have just scrapped it and pulled Jamie and Bronn out of battle some other way. If you're going to have him do a foolhardy final charge, he should die. It's not in the character of the show to pull coincidental, nonsensical stunts to save the main characters.

I know it seems like discussion that should have followed the last episode, but I was really hoping they would resolve it somehow in a better way following the cliffhanger.
Based on all of our reactions to it, they should have made it much more clear if it was a river or a lake they were next to. If it's a river like most of us say, then the current would wash them down stream..hell that's one of the ways Butch and Sundance escape.
Ogre09
AG
JJxvi said:

Cersei letting Tyrion come into Kings Landing and leave intact for even for whatever plot she's got going was the thing that felt most off to me about this episode.

Worse than Dany, Jorah, Jon, And Davos all just blindly accepting Tyrion's plan to bring a wight to Cersei???
The Dog Lord
AG
To circle back to Cersei, I think she is playing Jaime just like she wants to play Dany. She and Qyburn seemed staged for him to walk in on so that she could then drop the baby news on him. It also pulled him back in to be closer to her than ever at a time when she was questioning his loyalty to her. She is definitely going to do something though that will drive him away again (maybe trying to kill Tyrion).

I just hope the damage she does isn't too bad. You'd think that Tyrion, Varys, Sansa (if she hears of an alliance), and a lot of other people would be smart enough to NEVER trust Cersei to do something unselfish and not take advantage of a situation when she is clearly beaten.
Ogre09
AG
AstroAg17 said:

I get that Jamie is important and the writers aren't done with him. The charge at Dany seems consistent with his character too. But the lake escape is so ridiculous, I think they should have just scrapped it and pulled Jamie and Bronn out of battle some other way. If you're going to have him do a foolhardy final charge, he should die. It's not in the character of the show to pull coincidental, nonsensical stunts to save the main characters.

I know it seems like discussion that should have followed the last episode, but I was really hoping they would resolve it somehow in a better way following the cliffhanger.

Bronn and/or Jamie should have definitely died in the previous episode.
Hickory High
AG
PatAg said:

AstroAg17 said:

Based on all of our reactions to it, they should have made it much more clear if it was a river or a lake they were next to. If it's a river like most of us say, then the current would wash them down stream..hell that's one of the ways Butch and Sundance escape.
Well then hop on your nearest dragon and fly to the end of the river. I mean that's Jamie Freaking Lannister we're talking about here, not just some random foot soldier. Capture him and a lot of things change.
Ogre09
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

InternetFan02 said:

I.e. joffrey?
JJxvi
AG
They are on the blackwater, a river, that opens onto blackwater bay, which opens by kings landing, and in which is the island of dragon stone.
Ogre09
AG
PatAg said:

Let's talk about Cersei anchor-babying Jaime. There has been more than a few times you could see him just wondering what he has got himself into with her, and her madness...but now she is pregnant with his kid.

For the fourth time. But this time they don't have to hide that he's the father.
SeattleAgJr
Ogre09 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

InternetFan02 said:

I.e. joffrey?
I am talking more the hideously deformed recessive genes.

like having THREE EYES.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Anyone else really hoping Cersei gives birth to a malformed dwarf with a tail.

I mean that would be ironic as much as she hated the beastly Tyrion as an infant. And the just reward for continuing the incest.

That would be some GRRM level justice right there.
Cromagnum
AG
Boo on Sansa for making a reference to Ghost but we haven't seen his lonely ass in nearly 2 seasons.
powerbelly
AG
Hickory High said:

powerbelly51 said:

I didn't make my point clear it seems. My issue is not with the individual "fast travels", it's the syncing of all the different timelines seems impossible.

They arent in necessarily in sync.
Ogre09
AG
titanmaster_race said:

InternetFan02 said:

Also should note that Jorah is still trapped in the friend zone. She gives him friendly hugs then turns to eye-****ing at Jon. Jon gets his sword and his woman.

Jorah is awesome now, but that's what you get for getting your hands dirty in the slavery business.

Jon seened like he was trying to figure out if Jorah is competition. And Dany seemed a little conflicted on whether she was just happy to see him back or if the feelings were a little deeper.
hunter2012
AG
For anyone interested the Littlefinger note is the letter that Sansa wrote to Robb when Ned was arrested.

Quote:

Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert's brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King's Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark.

I love littlefinger because he really knows how to stir sh*t up...
JJxvi
AG
Ogre09 said:

JJxvi said:

Worse than Dany, Jorah, Jon, And Davos all just blindly accepting Tyrion's plan to bring a wight to Cersei???
Well that was just kinda something where the characters just do dumb things, like the whole "Jons visit went by and nobody ever even mentioned the marriage alliance option" thing. This was an example where I really felt a character was off and was doing what the story needed them to do. Littlefinger vs Arya, was totally believable and in character for him, it was almost expected. Cersei, she would have taken the chance to murder Tyrion immediately. I almost feel like they threw in the Olenna killed Joffrey convo just to soften that, but I don't think Cersei would care. She has naked hatred for Tyrion, and she thinks Tyrion is prophesied to kill her.
redline248
AG
Wonder what Theon is up to, right now. Or Euron, for that matter. I love the Hound. "Stfu and get to the point you guys!"
Goose06
AG
hunter2012 said:

For anyone interested the Littlefinger note is the letter that Sansa wrote to Robb when Ned was arrested.

Quote:

Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert's brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King's Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark.

I love littlefinger because he really knows how to stir sh*t up...

Good finds... i miss the original Theon before Ramsay f'd him up...
cone
AG
this was bad fan fic

until the last five minutes

now it's the guns of navarone
Seven Costanza
AG
The Maesters at The Citadel are a pretty good representation of government workers and tenured professors.
First Page Last Page
Page 139 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.