Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,124,533 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
chase128
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hickory High said:

Sasappis said:

Jorah not saying it was Sam that cured him is also crap
Completely. Didn't Sam even tell Jorah to say something to Jon for him?

Sam doesn't know Jon is in Dragonstone...right
marble rye
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

CFTXAG10 said:

When Tormund asked if Jon brought the "big girl"
tossup whether that or the Gendry rowing for 4 years line caused me to lol more.

I laughed the most at Davos on the beach of KL:

Tyrion: "Last time I was here, I had killed my father."

"Last time I was here, you killed my son at Blackwater with wildfire."
InternetFan02
AG
Greeze06
AG
Really hoping Arya is one step aheead and baiting LF. Would like to see that as his undoing.

He's certainly setting Arya up to be at odds with Sansa so that she will turn her back on Jon.
Ogre09
AG
chase128 said:

Also, this whole bring a wight to Cersei to broker an armistice seems way too risky. I dunno how they get a "live" wight to KL and get it in front of Cersei without her killing anyone. Even if they do that, she's not going to believe them or abide by the armistice. The good guys better try their best to see any of Cersei's backstabbing coming or else it's gonna seem really dumb. Anyone with half a brain has to realize Cersei won't back down, play nice, or give any quarter.

This was such a terrible idea, and I hate that everyone just instantly went along with Tyrion. Hey, yeah let's go north of the wall, capture a wight, haul its ass all the ****ing way back to Kings Landing and show it to your sister. Why? What could that possibly accomplish? How can any of them honestly believe Cersei would suddenly start acting in the best interest of the realm, even temporarily, and not just use the chance to double cross Dany?
CFTXAG10
AG
Greeze06 said:

Really hoping Arya is one step aheead and baiting LF. Would like to see that as his undoing.

He's certainly setting Arya up to be at odds with Sansa so that she will turn her back on Jon.

Couldn't agree more. Arya besting LF at his own game.
KC_Ag14
AG
Easily my favorite meaningless subplot! Tormund wants Brienne BAD.
Goldie Wilson
The capture of the Brotherhood seemed to be kind of glossed over? You've got a group of badasses on a mission, and a scout team of wildlings takes them captive? Did I miss something here?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Kind of funny/ironic how Gendry and Jon were "reminiscing" about their best friend fathers, when in fact Gendry's dad killed Jon's dad with a hammer to the chest.
AgLaw
AG
Pam Poovey said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

GENDRY!!!!!

Cersei preggo.

And f-ing Sam....WTF dude.....it was RIGHT there...the proof. OMG....killing me.

AGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

You guys, Sam doesnt know Jon's true parentage. The pieces arent there for it to fall into place. He doesnt have Bran's ability.

But we know that it happened, and Bran can confirm
It.
Post removed:
by user
Ogre09
AG
Pam Poovey said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

CFTXAG10 said:

tossup whether that or the Gendry rowing for 4 years line caused me to lol more.

You laughed at that?!? WTF?!?
The Debt
CFTXAG10 said:

Greeze06 said:

Ah, yes. She clearly knows he planted the note and was watching as she exited his chambers.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
Dan 07 said:

The capture of the Brotherhood seemed to be kind of glossed over? You've got a group of badasses on a mission, and a scout team of wildlings takes them captive? Did I miss something here?

They wanted to go north of the wall and I think Eastwatch was The best place for them to go through to get where they specifically wanted to go. The wildlings thought it was weird so they locked them up. At least thays my guess.
Ogre09
AG
AstroAg17 said:

Taking a dragon would be the fastest, safest, and most effective way to get a wight by far.

Or just take a dragon up there and burn the **** out of the whole wight army...
JCRiley09
AG
Anyone else have a feeling that gilly's revelation was glossed over as a nod to folks that this is no longer a time to care about ancestry and rightful heirs? This is HUGE news... but minuscule when the nights king is knocking on the door up north.
The Debt
AgLaw said:

Pam Poovey said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

GENDRY!!!!!

Cersei preggo.

And f-ing Sam....WTF dude.....it was RIGHT there...the proof. OMG....killing me.

AGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

You guys, Sam doesnt know Jon's true parentage. The pieces arent there for it to fall into place. He doesnt have Bran's ability.

But we know that it happened, and Bran can confirm it.

1) Bran has no credibility.
2) the maesters writings are what legitimizes Jon
bangobango
AG
At the risk of bringing the wrath of all the over protective on here, does anybody else think the Gendry stuff is nothing more than tv writer trope BS?

Your father was good with a war hammer, then you must be good with a hammer! You have spent your life working as a blacksmith, well lets just take you ranging north of the wall for the hell of it. Lets throw a rowing joke in for good measure!
CFTXAG10
AG
The Debt said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Greeze06 said:

Ah, yes. She clearly knows he planted the note and was watching as she exited his chambers.

Haha no. Needs to find out somehow that he's playing her though.
marble rye
AG
AgLaw said:

Pam Poovey said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

GENDRY!!!!!

Cersei preggo.

AGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

But we know that it happened, and Bran can confirm
It.

Everyone is griping about Sam not getting a light bulb, though.
InternetFan02
AG
Talk the Thrones just predicted #CleganeBowl occurs in episode 7 when they brings the Wight to Kings Landing
Ogre09
AG
Jon being the heir means Dany, his aunt, is subject to him. If they both knew and acknowledged that, her forces would be at his command to battle the Night King without having to convince her. It's hugely important.
powerbelly
AG
bangobango said:

At the risk of bringing the wrath of all the over protective on here, does anybody else think the Gendry stuff is nothing more than tv writer trope BS?

Your father was good with a war hammer, then you must be good with a hammer! You have spent your life working as a blacksmith, well lets just take you ranging north of the wall for the hell of it. Lets throw a rowing joke in for good measure!
Agree. He should be back at dragonstone smithing some dragonglass weapons.
marble rye
AG
Ogre09 said:

Pam Poovey said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

CFTXAG10 said:

You laughed at that?!? WTF?!?

At the overall exchange and Davos' lack of hesitation in responding? Yes.
marble rye
AG
The Debt said:

AgLaw said:

Pam Poovey said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

GENDRY!!!!!

Cersei preggo.

AGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

But we know that it happened, and Bran can confirm it.

1) Bran has no credibility.
2) the maesters writings are what legitimizes Jon

Sam thinks Ned Stark is Jon's father.
Hickory High
AG
This episode felt pretty flimsy. I immediately wanted to call bull**** after just 5 minutes into it.

• How the HELL did both Bronn and Jamie swim all the way across that lake?
  • How the HELL did no one in Dany's army catch Bronn and Jamie as they swam across the lake?
  • Why does no one suggest to Dany that the whole "bend the knee or die" ultimatum is hardly a real choice at all and that she's starting to become just like all the others?
  • How is it that the only thing Dany has to say about her dragon being cool with Jon, something that has never happened before, is "Aren't they beautiful"?
  • How does Cersei still have the necessary funds to pay back the Iron Bank even with all the gold from the Tyrell's?
  • Look, I know you kind of just have to get over the travel time thing, but come on....Jamie gets back to King's Landing with no horse in like 5 minutes, Tyrion travels to King's Landing and back by row boat in no time....COME ON!!!!
  • Sam making the worst case ever for his view on the walkers
  • CAN THEY JUST TAKE A DRAGON TO DO THIS SPEC OPS WALKER CAPTURE MISSION?!?!
Ogre09
AG
bangobango said:

Yeah, it definitely felt like they were just trying to finally pick up that loose plot thread. Pretty impossible to seamlessly weave it back in at this point.

Sewing.
bangobango
AG
JCRiley09 said:

Anyone else have a feeling that gilly's revelation was glossed over as a nod to folks that this is no longer a time to care about ancestry and rightful heirs? This is HUGE news... but minuscule when the nights king is knocking on the door up north.

Could go either way. Sam could remember that information at some crucial time and help validate Jon. Or Jon could live and die and the show cpuld end and we never get any validation at all. It is just always something we know as fans only.
CoachRTM
AG
After a couple weeks of main characters barely escaping death, I have a feeling that changes next week.

I wouldn't be surprised if 2 or 3 of the 7 beyond the wall don't make it back.
powerbelly
AG
The fact that you dont understand/wont accept the compression of time during travel is astounding.
Hickory High
AG
powerbelly51 said:

The fact that you dont understand/wont accept the compression of time during travel is astounding.
1. I don't know you, but okay.

2. "Astounding"? Really? It "astounds" you?
JCRiley09
AG
What day do we get to start our predictions on who survives next episode? Kinda like an Aggie football record prediction thread
Ogre09
AG
Hickory High said:

This episode felt pretty flimsy. I immediately wanted to call bull**** after just 5 minutes into it.

• How the HELL did both Bronn and Jamie swim all the way across that lake?
  • How the HELL did no one in Dany's army catch Bronn and Jamie as they swam across the lake?
  • Why does no one suggest to Dany that the whole "bend the knee or die" ultimatum is hardly a real choice at all and that she's starting to become just like all the others?
  • How is it that the only thing Dany has to say about her dragon being cool with Jon, something that has never happened before, is "Aren't they beautiful"?
  • How does Cersei still have the necessary funds to pay back the Iron Bank even with all the gold from the Tyrell's?
  • Look, I know you kind of just have to get over the travel time thing, but come on....Jamie gets back to King's Landing with no horse in like 5 minutes, Tyrion travels to King's Landing and back by row boat in no time....COME ON!!!!

You're an idiot...

It was a river, not a lake. Bronn grabbed Jamie and they floated downstream.

Bend the knee or die is not a bad line. What's a fair alternative to enemy soldiers you captured?

I think Dany was impressed with Jon's interaction with Drogon. What did you want her to say? "OMG, you must be a Targaryan!"?

Cersei has the Tyrell's money. It got to KL before Dany attacked.

Jamie was attacked near KL. Travel time was short.

Dragonstone is just across Blackwater Bay from KL. Travel time was short.

Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
Well the hound has to live because CleganeBowl.
Trident 88
AG
Ogre09 said:

Jon being the heir means Dany, his aunt, is subject to him. If they both knew and acknowledged that, her forces would be at his command to battle the Night King without having to convince her. It's hugely important.

He would definitely have to convince her. Her army is hers, not the rightful heir's. They follow her because they chose her.
First Page Last Page
Page 138 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.