Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,124,468 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great episode again. My thoughts.

For those that are getting really caught up in the logistics, supply chain, and even the amount of food left in Westeros, in my opinion, gotta chill. There is more going on right now and necessarily so to wrap this up, with limited episodes to do it. Don't sweat it too much. I get the frustration but the writers have a huge challenge here .

As for "we don't have time for that"? You know nothing Jon Snow, there is always time for "that".

Someone commented on it feeling kind of hollow to see Varys and LF in ancillary type roles. My opinion, it had to come to this. Varys's game ended the moment Dany's alliance was forged. LF has played himself in to a corner where he is hated by most and trusted by none. Maybe GRRM could have wrote a better finish for LF over the course of two more 1000 page novels, but he hasn't. Still think LF will die at Winterfell, or at best, flee and meet some gruesome end somewhere else down the trail.

Brienne still has a part to play, just have no idea at this point what it is.

Arya - I doubt she stays at Winterfell too much longer. Maybe at least until Jon returns, maybe not. Gotta figure Jon gets back soon as he still has to go north of the wall per the final trailer.

As for the Lannister BBQ, amazing, one of the best sequences yet (I'd put it third behind BOTB and Hardhome). Based on everything stated and the amount of Lannister/Tarly troops we see, it appears it was only a small contingent of the their army. The "stragglers" as they put it. Yes, strange that Jamie, Bronn, Randyl, and Dickon are all there with the rear but I think they just wanted to have all four participate in the battle. Tarly was clearly burned. Seems impossible that anyone escapes. My prediction is that Dany allows Jamie and Bronn to return to KL to tell Cercei what happened when The Mother of Dragons met them in the field. Sound familiar?

Quad Dog
AG
If Jaime does get captured, I don't think that Daenerys will be too forgiving to him. Considering he killed her grandfather.
agsquirrel97
AG
Sasappis said:

Lady stone heart is probably the most irrelevant thing in the books. People's obsession with it drives me nuts.

I always thought she was in the books just to provide her face to Arya, but who knows what GRRM was thinking.
Urban Ag
AG
Lady Stoneheart was in the books for the same reason that Quentyn Martell, Arianne Martell, Fake Aegon, etc, etc, were. Cause GRRM simply could not help himself.
gougler08
AG
Urban Ag said:

Great episode again. My thoughts.

For those that are getting really caught up in the logistics, supply chain, and even the amount of food left in Westeros, in my opinion, gotta chill. There is more going on right now and necessarily so to wrap this up, with limited episodes to do it. Don't sweat it too much. I get the frustration but the writers have a huge challenge here .

As for "we don't have time for that"? You know nothing Jon Snow, there is always time for "that".

Someone commented on it feeling kind of hollow to see Varys and LF in ancillary type roles. My opinion, it had to come to this. Varys's game ended the moment Dany's alliance was forged. LF has played himself in to a corner where he is hated by most and trusted by none. Maybe GRRM could have wrote a better finish for LF over the course of two more 1000 page novels, but he hasn't. Still think LF will die at Winterfell, or at best, flee and meet some gruesome end somewhere else down the trail.

Brienne still has a part to play, just have no idea at this point what it is.

Arya - I doubt she stays at Winterfell too much longer. Maybe at least until Jon returns, maybe not. Gotta figure Jon gets back soon as he still has to go north of the wall per the final trailer.

As for the Lannister BBQ, amazing, one of the best sequences yet (I'd put it third behind BOTB and Hardhome). Based on everything stated and the amount of Lannister/Tarly troops we see, it appears it was only a small contingent of the their army. The "stragglers" as they put it. Yes, strange that Jamie, Bronn, Randyl, and Dickon are all there with the rear but I think they just wanted to have all four participate in the battle. Tarly was clearly burned. Seems impossible that anyone escapes. My prediction is that Dany allows Jamie and Bronn to return to KL to tell Cercei what happened when The Mother of Dragons met them in the field. Sound familiar?

Agree with everything except Tarly getting burned...I think that was just a guy getting his face burned off, if it was Tarly they would have made it much clearer
benchmark
AG
Any bets on where The Hound and The Brotherhood are and when they will show up again?
redline248
AG
Quad Dog said:

If Jaime does get captured, I don't think that Daenerys will be too forgiving to him. Considering he killed her grandfather.
Father.
gougler08
AG
benchmark said:

Any bets on where The Hound and The Brotherhood are and when they will show up again?
They were heading to Eastwatch by the bay right? I assume they'll link up with Tormund and gang in the next episode or two
redline248
AG
I hate Lady Stoneheart as much as the next reader, but why are so many saying she's irrelevant to the story? We don't know how things end with her. As far as we know, she just lured Jaime into a trap with Brienne's help.
Dro07
AG
AgFB said:

Should have gone with javelin throw and then jump into trench
What about this instead?

MosesHallRAB04
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Would make more sense for it to be Reaglar or whatever the R named one is.

Or for one of them to burn Jon but he doesn't die. Since he's targerian and all.
redline248
AG
gougler08 said:

benchmark said:

They were heading to Eastwatch by the bay right? I assume they'll link up with Tormund and gang in the next episode or two
Probably a stop off at Winterfell first for an awkward Arya/Hound/Brienne reunion.

edit: And as someone noted a few weeks ago, the Hound was in the throne room when Littlefinger held that knife to Ned's throat. Bet he'd be happy to point that out to Arya.
cone
AG
this looks like my personal hell
MosesHallRAB04
AG
TheVarian said:

Boiling Denim said:

TheDraw said:

Why didnt she use all 3 dragons?
You need dragon riders in battle to direct them and fire on enemies.

Cough cough... Jon and Tyrion... COUGH

While that would be cool I think Bran warging a dragon would be cooler that Tyrion riding one. but that's just me.
AgLaw
AG
bangobango said:

Jebber said:

Assuming in the previews where Danny is stating bend the knee that it is the survivors of the battle and Jaime is one of them.

No reason to overthink this one. Tyrian will push for him to do just that. If he does not he's dead. Pretty simple.

This last two episodes have clearly laid the ground work for Jon explaining the real threat. Next the windings appear to be getting wiped out. Adding to the case of the real threat. If the dragons react to him showing everyone his heritage, just another reason for Danny to gain his trust.

Thus the end of the season will be Danny and Jon uniting.

Oh and Ayra getting that blade will be handy if she confronts a white walker. Maybe she takes out the knight king in the end.

Jon will lead a charge into the north and everyone will die and it will just be him and all the white walkers closing in in him. Then Dany will swoop in with her dragon and roast all of them, because it is Jon Snow and #girlpower.
How about instead of Dany, it's Rhaegal swooping in to save Jon. That would be a call back to Drogon saving Dany in the fighting pits in The Dance of Dragons episode.
TheVarian
AG
True. And it would be tough to see Tyrion on the dragons back.
claym711
AG
I can see Jon riding a dragon in the heat of battle with WW. Tyrion on the other hand...it would a comical graphic. Bran warging a Dragon would be far cooler.
bangobango
AG
AgLaw said:

bangobango said:

Jebber said:

Assuming in the previews where Danny is stating bend the knee that it is the survivors of the battle and Jaime is one of them.

No reason to overthink this one. Tyrian will push for him to do just that. If he does not he's dead. Pretty simple.

This last two episodes have clearly laid the ground work for Jon explaining the real threat. Next the windings appear to be getting wiped out. Adding to the case of the real threat. If the dragons react to him showing everyone his heritage, just another reason for Danny to gain his trust.

Thus the end of the season will be Danny and Jon uniting.

Oh and Ayra getting that blade will be handy if she confronts a white walker. Maybe she takes out the knight king in the end.

Jon will lead a charge into the north and everyone will die and it will just be him and all the white walkers closing in in him. Then Dany will swoop in with her dragon and roast all of them, because it is Jon Snow and #girlpower.
How about instead of Dany, it's Rhaegal swooping in to save Jon. That would be a call back to Drogon saving Dany in the fighting pits in The Dance of Dragons episode.

Yeah, started to say Dany shows up with Drogon and other dragons and Jon hops on one and flies away.
OnlyForNow
AG
Really interesting take to think that she is left in the books so her face can be used by Arya.

Actually seems rather likely... Arya is wearing someone else's face gets captured by Bw/oB and then she takes the face off when she sees her mom. Her mom willing dies and allows her to take her face to finish the job(s).

Tarly didn't die, I thought the same thing upon viewing the non-HD version last week. It's a foot solider who clearly takes off a helmet when he kneels down.

None of the main characters (Tarlys, Bronn, or Jamie) are wearing head gear.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that he has been badly injured in the fight though and will succumb to his wounds in the next episode.
RDV-1992
really enjoyed this episode.
Joseph Parrish
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Tarly didn't die, I thought the same thing upon viewing the non-HD version last week. It's a foot solider who clearly takes off a helmet when he kneels down.
Yeah, I took it as a random soldier that got scorched.
AggieIce
AG
Why does the torch burn Jon's hand if he's a Targaryn?

M.C. Swag
AG
lol who wants to take this one?
OnlyForNow
AG
Not being burned is a one off thing.

The Mad King could be burned.

Dany's Dbag brother, a Targyren, burned.

Reghar could be burned.

Jon isn't or wasn't nonburnable. Since his death and Resurrection, things might have changed, but that isn't a qualifier on being a Targ.
powerbelly
AG
Targaryens aren't fireproof.
AgFB
AG
Like Arya's little smirk when she tells Sansa about her her kill list and Sansa laughs like she's joking.

"Just kidding...I don't have a list"
chipotle
AgFB said:

Like Arya's little smirk when she tells Sansa about her her kill list and Sansa laughs like she's joking.

"Just kidding...I don't have a list"

-"who taught you that?"

-"no one"
Sapper Redux
OnlyForNow said:

Not being burned is a one off thing.

The Mad King could be burned.

Dany's Dbag brother, a Targyren, burned.

Reghar could be burned.

Jon isn't or wasn't nonburnable. Since his death and Resurrection, things might have changed, but that isn't a qualifier on being a Targ.
If I remember right, one of the Targ kings or princes died drinking wildfire, thinking it would turn him into a dragon. I also believe Egg died in a huge blaze.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Yep, Egg (Aegon V) as well as Ser Duncan the Tall and Egg's son Duncan Targaryen died in the Tragedy at Summerhall. Egg was attempting to hatch dragon eggs with some sort of fire magic.
AGeng25
AG
claym711 said:

I can see Jon riding a dragon in the heat of battle with WW. Tyrion on the other hand...it would a comical graphic. Bran warging a Dragon would be far cooler.
I don't think Bran wargs a Dragon. Everything we've seen out of him this season has been apathy for all human happenings. He is something beyond all of that now. Unless his character has a turn ahead, I just don't see it happening.
Icecream_Ag
S
AGeng25 said:

claym711 said:

I don't think Bran wargs a Dragon. Everything we've seen out of him this season has been apathy for all human happenings. He is something beyond all of that now. Unless his character has a turn ahead, I just don't see it happening.
it may come with time, but his predecessor reacted to the knight king and the white walkers. Bran may not be able to display the feelings, but I'm sure he understands the threat
swc93
AG
Bran is basically Google now.
G Martin 87
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

TheDraw said:

Why didnt she use all 3 dragons?
Wouldn't have been much of a battle then I mean, three dragons would of roasted the entire lannister army at once
"Have."
-- Stannis
ham98
what would Bran's purpose be in revealing to Jon who his parents are?
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 117 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.