Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,124,448 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
benchmark said:

So when is present day Howland Reed going to make an appearance? His story is so sparse and strange. I thought he was a bannerman and friend to Ned Stark, but never shows up to help Robb or Catelyn? But lets his kids disappear for a year or more to help Bran? Someone fill me in...
He is. His loyalty is unquestioned. In the books, Howland sends Jojen and Meera to Winterfell to pledge his support to Robb. Howland is leading his green men dudes and is unaware what has happened to his children after they left.
Belton Ag
AG
carpediem13 said:

I think she loses a dragon. Then only 2 riders are needed
I don't know why but I don't want to see Jon Snow riding a dragon. I just can't picture that in my mind without it coming across as corny.
Ervin Burrell
AG
MBAR said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Nobody seems to be talking about Drogon annihilating the giant ass crossbow. That's a huge win for Dany in itself.
Because they can easily make more?
Qyburn told Cersei that they had the best blacksmiths working around the clock to create the one he showed her in the dungeon.
M.C. Swag
AG
1. We have no idea how much time is passing in this show. It's assuredly weeks if not months.
2. Cersei, with the Iron Banks support, can conscript more blacksmiths to build more.
benchmark
AG
M.C. Swag said:

benchmark said:

So when is present day Howland Reed going to make an appearance? His story is so sparse and strange. I thought he was a bannerman and friend to Ned Stark, but never shows up to help Robb or Catelyn? But lets his kids disappear for a year or more to help Bran? Someone fill me in...
He is. His loyalty is unquestioned. In the books, Howland sends Jojen and Meera to Winterfell to pledge his support to Robb. Howland is leading his green men dudes and is unaware what has happened to his children after they left.
Well, I'm questioning his loyalty! LOL He's a no show so far. Reminds me of Gendry - just off rowing somewhere... Howland Reed - just off doing his own thing - completely oblivious...
NoHo Hank
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

MBAR said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Nobody seems to be talking about Drogon annihilating the giant ass crossbow. That's a huge win for Dany in itself.
Because they can easily make more?
Qyburn told Cersei that they had the best blacksmiths working around the clock to create the one he showed her in the dungeon.

Given that the ballistas seem like the only credible threat against dragons thus far, gotta think there will be a lot more.
mm98
AG
dromo07 said:

Do we know where Jamie was in regards to Kingslanding when they were attacked? wouldn't the horde and the dragon had to have gone past KL to get to them? Probably overthinking it.

I've wondered this too. From dragon stone to highgarden, they would've passed right through Kings landing
M.C. Swag
AG
lol if he makes an appearance, I'm sure the show will acquit him of his absence.
TheVarian
AG

Also, was googling and found this.. made me laugh

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfmaude/Detail.CFM?MDRFOI__ID=3533091&DEVICE_SEQUENCE_NO=2

Carl Underguard
AG
The show doesn't have enough time to flesh out everything that is missing. Don't expect him to make an appearance. I'm enjoying this show for what it is, an action-movie version of the books. That's okay.
carpediem13
AG
Belton Ag said:

carpediem13 said:

I think she loses a dragon. Then only 2 riders are needed
I don't know why but I don't want to see Jon Snow riding a dragon. I just can't picture that in my mind without it coming across as corny.
I agree. Just commenting on the common "3 Riders" theory. I'd rather see Dany be the only one to fly on a dragon
Jason_Ag98
AG
The Debt said:

wangus12 said:

TheDraw said:

Why didnt she use all 3 dragons?
No riders for the other 2. Didn't matter in Mereen when they destroyed the fleet, but now she has friendlies on the field of battle to worry about. Don't need 2 uncontrolled dragons torching half the Dothraki horde

How's about no dothraki and just three dragons
I think just the one dragon would have been enough. It seemed like all the Dothraki did was tip the Lannister army off and give them a few moments to arm themselves, then mop up the stragglers left behind. If Dany and Drogon had just come upon them silently she probably could have wiped them out entirely with zero casualties to her forces.

Not complaining at all because we got to see such an awesome battle scene!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
mm98 said:

dromo07 said:

Do we know where Jamie was in regards to Kingslanding when they were attacked? wouldn't the horde and the dragon had to have gone past KL to get to them? Probably overthinking it.

I've wondered this too. From dragon stone to highgarden, they would've passed right through Kings landing

It made it seem like they weren't too far since some of the other carts had made it to kings landing. If Dany and her army made a straight line from Dragonstone then they would have passed Kings Landing, but maybe they went further south and looped around in order to surprise them?

Not sure logistically how it happened, just speculation
HtownAg92
AG
dlance said:

I think the writers pointed out that a Jon/Dany romance is not going to happen.

Davos: I saw you staring at her good heart.
Jon: We don't have time for all that.
Dany: I said bend a knee.

Jon: I'm going to bend TWO knees.

Dany: What does that mean?

Jon: You didn't hear about us Northern boys? We ain't afraid to go south.

/alliance
OnlyForNow
FightinTexasAg15
AG

Gotta be careful of those drop offs Jaime.

It looks like his armor is what will kill him, but reality his (plot) armor is what will save him
(removed:110205)
combat wombat said:

I don't care how sharp it is, or how strong the arm wielding it is, I don't see anyone cutting off a horse's leg in One swipe while on horseback.

You need to check out Deadliest Warrior.
RPM said:

How far were the stragglers from King's Landing? All those mesas didn't look like they were close.
That whole look and scene reminded me of Zulu and Zulu Dawn.
claym711
AG
Riding at 20-30 MPH damn near anything with an edge would take a horse's leg off.
wangus12
AG
claym711 said:

Jon and Daeny are not going to bang.
This is HBO. Its in their mission statement. They'll bang
Zombie Jon Snow said:

No I don't think Jamie wants to die - although riding toward a dragon is questionable. He was just defending himself and the Lannisters in general out there. And he saw an opportunity and acted impulsively (foolishly).
Why foolishly? He saw a chance to possibly win the war in one struck by skewering Dany while her back was to him and her dragon wounded. Such a chance may never come again.
AgFB
AG
Should have gone with javelin throw and then jump into trench
Dro07
AG
nvm
HtownAg92
AG
AgFB said:

Should have gone with javelin throw and then jump into trench
I'm sure he would have looked like Lamar throwing with his off hand.
redline248
AG
He killed a bunch of dudes with that hand. Apparently he's still a bad ass.
Wildmen06
AG
Randyll Tarly will be sent to the Wall for betraying House Tyrel, there he will become steward to the new Maester.....
redline248
AG
That would be awesome.
Habanero Guero
AG
Best line in the show by far: "Ya best **** off"
chipotle
wangus12 said:

claym711 said:

Jon and Daeny are not going to bang.
This is HBO. Its in their mission statement. They'll bang

They'll have to build another wall guarded by another night's watch to contain that sexual tension.
MW03
AG
There's a lot to be said (and most of it has already) about how well this episode came together, but I was blown away by the actual acting this time around. Jon and Dany in the cave was excellent. Dany on the shore with Tyrion was excellent. Sansa and Arya working through their awkward sibling relationship, and then Arya crushing the fighting scene with Brienne. Meera with Bran and Littlefinger v. Bran. All really, really solid. Plus Davos and Bronn giving some well placed comic relief in bits and pieces.

But all of that paled to Jaime staring down the devastation of his army. It seems like this was the first time you had major protagonists (?) going head to head, and I know I'm supposed to be rooting against the Lannisters, but damn Jamie killed it that whole sequence. I was anxious and terrified right alongside him while Drogan was doing work. I definitely didn't want Bronn to kill the dragon, but I definitely didn't want the dragon to get Jaime either.

They really have done an incredible job bringing his character around 180 degrees from the ******* that pushed Bran out of the tower so he could get away with banging his sister. And Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is absolutely perfect in just about every scene.

Anyway, I thought this was about the most complete episode they've put together. It advanced the plot significantly, covered ground with nearly every character, had excellent pacing and didn't ever feel rushed, was flat out beautiful to look at, and was acted/directed excellently. I think it has to be my favorite of the series.
gougler08
AG
MW03 said:

There's a lot to be said (and most of it has already) about how well this episode came together, but I was blown away by the actual acting this time around. Jon and Dany in the cave was excellent. Dany on the shore with Tyrion was excellent. Sansa and Arya working through their awkward sibling relationship, and then Arya crushing the fighting scene with Brienne. Meera with Bran and Littlefinger v. Bran. All really, really solid. Plus Davos and Bronn giving some well placed comic relief in bits and pieces.

But all of that paled to Jaime staring down the devastation of his army. It seems like this was the first time you had major characters going head to head, and I know I'm supposed to be rooting against the Lannisters, but damn Jamie killed it that whole sequence. I was anxious and terrified right alongside him while Drogan was doing work. I definitely didn't want Bronn to kill the dragon, but I definitely didn't want the dragon to get Jaime either.

They really have done an incredible job bringing his character around 180 degrees from the ******* that pushed Bran out of the tower so he could get away with banging his sister. And Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is absolutely perfect in just about every scene.

Anyway, I thought this was about the most complete episode they've put together. It advanced the plot significantly, covered ground with nearly every character, had excellent pacing and didn't ever feel rushed, was flat out beautiful to look at, and was acted/directed excellently. I think it has to be my favorite of the series.
It really is something when everyone is rooting for the guy who ****s his sister, pushed a kid out of a window, killed a king when he was serving him, etc. His character is so complex and awesome
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just awesome.

wangus12
AG
Sooooo sooooo many hipsters
gougler08
AG
I wouldn't want to watch an episode with more than 1-2 other people...it's already obnoxious watching with my wife who wants to ask questions and babble during conversations
Malcolm52
AG
wangus12 said:

Sooooo sooooo many hipsters
Miller High Life HA
First Page Last Page
Page 116 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.