Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,138,719 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The real question is when did Davos learn the difference?
HtownAg92
AG
RedAgs01 said:

Gendry will make an appearance in the next episode.
Yes, he will show up at Hot Pie's place for a nice bro reunion, followed by a cooking montage. I also feel this is the perfect time to catch up with Mereen, and show us the delicate peace between the slavers and their former possessions. I think a few examples of friendly interactions and business transactions would be good. Finally, a "day in the life" montage of Benjen would help us figure out what he's up to.

Wait, this isn't the Sopranos or Walking Dead. No dream sequences or Tara episodes here, I hope.
Dro07
AG
Do we know where Jamie was in regards to Kingslanding when they were attacked? wouldn't the horde and the dragon had to have gone past KL to get to them? Probably overthinking it.
bangobango
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

So let's assume Jamie is captured/rescued - that sets up quite a dilemma.

So you could assume that he could be used to either stall Cersei or trade for Yara/Ellaria. But
a. I don't think it would cause Cersei to yield in any way....sorry Jamie that B is Cra.
b. I don't think Dany wants to trade him at all - she needs all Lannisters dead. She cannot leave them alive as a threat.
c. I don't think you can even trust him if he were to swear allegiance to Dany.

So that then also causes an issue for Tyrion as adviser. If Dany wants Jamie dead.....Tyrion owes Jamie his life and although he wants Cersei dead and Dany to win I doubt he wants Jamie killed so callously. Like he would have been fine if he died in a battle but he doesn't want to have to deal with that directly. You saw Tyrion telling him to "flee you idiot" during the battle because he knows what an awkward position that puts him in.

Same goes for Bronn really because he has saved Tyrion's life before as well.

Tyrion is about to be in a no win situation and if he betrays Dany in any way....well his life may be...ahem...short.

Cersei forsakes Jaime for failing. He lost their food and their army. This compounds onto what he already knows and was told by Olenna. Jaime turns against her after she leaves him to die at the hands of their enemies.

Agreed. I think they try to ransom Jaime and Cersi says no dice. Dany has to execute him and Tyrion repays Jaime's early favor and releases him.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
Trident 88 said:

In the scenes for next week, Drogon is roaring at Jon, presumably after Dany returns to Dragonstone. I'm wondering why, but more importantly, I'm wondering if anything will happen in that scene to make Dany wonder if there's more to Jon than meets the eye.

They aren't waiting to reveal Jon ancestry to season 8. My guess will be Drogon will be keen to Jon in that scene and make Danny jealous and a bit confused.
OnlyForNow
AG
Would make more sense for it to be Reaglar or whatever the R named one is.
LB12Diamond
AG
Assuming in the previews where Danny is stating bend the knee that it is the survivors of the battle and Jaime is one of them.

No reason to overthink this one. Tyrian will push for him to do just that. If he does not he's dead. Pretty simple.

This last two episodes have clearly laid the ground work for Jon explaining the real threat. Next the windings appear to be getting wiped out. Adding to the case of the real threat. If the dragons react to him showing everyone his heritage, just another reason for Danny to gain his trust.

Thus the end of the season will be Danny and Jon uniting.

Oh and Ayra getting that blade will be handy if she confronts a white walker. Maybe she takes out the knight king in the end.
redline248
AG
Y'all think Drogon will be all, "underneath all the stink of northern brooding and wildling p-ssy, you smell like my mom?"
titanmaster_race
wangus12 said:

They're farther south. It'll probably all be white soon enough

I guess I'm thinking about the books. It was snowing in KL when Kevan Lannister got the white bird from the citadel announcing winter at the end of ADWD
M.C. Swag
AG
I. Love. This. Show.

When I first heard the episode was leaked online, I immediately shut down all media. I gather with 5 friends every Sunday to watch GoT and I felt it would be a betrayal to those guys if I watched it before. It also would just feel wrong and not fair to HBO or the show. So I did my best to avoid all temptation and hold out for its slated premier slot..and I'm glad I did. This episode deserved to be seen in primetime, HD, with surround sound on the big screen. Easily the best of the season and certainly one of the best of the series. Just greatness.

Dany/Jon
I'm consistently shocked (pleasantly) about how much time the show is dedicating to their interaction. I would have thought Jon's mining efforts would be timewarped ahead and he'd be off back to the wall. I'm glad they're not doing that. His relationship with Dany needs to be thoroughly explored.

And did anyone else notice all the callbacks to previous episodes? This one was littered with it. Dany using the exact same phrasing Jon once used to Mance Rayder:
Dany "Isn't their survival more important than your pride?"

^Interesting call back to say the least and we all know which option Mance opted for. I still expect Jon to bend the knee..but I'm starting to believe it'll be in the form of a marriage proposal. The show is definitely dropping hints of romanticism between the 2 and Jon is known for wooing women in caves.

I thought Jon's reunion with Theon was...appropriate. Not underwhelming, but efficient and to the point.

Arya/Sansa
  • Sansa reuniting with Arya Anyone else note when Sansa says 'Jon's heart will stop when he sees you.' Lol
  • LF interacting with Bran How long before Bran outs LF as the devious scum he is?
  • Bran interacting with Meera I'm hoping Meera compels her father to make an important appearance at winterfell.
  • Arya sparring with Brienne Is this the first time we've seen Arya truly show off her combat skills? Her previous sparring sessions with the waif were all hampered by handicaps (blindness or knife in the belly). It was awesome to see what she could do when fully healthy/not impeded.
  • Another cool callback quote, Sansa (S6E9): "No one can protect me." It's a cool thing No One is at Winterfell!

Cersei
Nothing that crazy happened in KL. Cersei just monologues her desire to take over the world again. Pretty ho hum. BUT for book readers a cool tidbit was dropped about the "Golden Company." In book 5, the Golden Company (honorable sellswords) is led by 'Young Griff' (or (f)Aegon Targaryen trueborn son of Rhaegar and Ellaria). I can't imagine the show would introduce ANOTHER Targaryen character this late in the game, but it would be interesting to see a Young Griff appear at some point even if it was solely for 'wink and nod' purposes. (Btw, it's widely speculated in the books that this Aegon is not a true Targaryen, but an imposter.) Still, cool little piece of dialogue that perked my ears.

Jamie/Bronn/Dragon
  • Awesome battle scene. I was actually nervous Drogon was going to take a fatal bolt to the chest/face, because....that's kinda what this show would do.
  • Good to see Tyrion still cares for Jamie 'flee you fool.' I'm sure his loyalty to Dany vs loyalty to brother will be tested.
  • Bronn making dickon jokes
  • That scene where Jamie is charging Dany with the spear draws a callback to Season 1 with Robert talking about the one dumb kid charging at him thinking he could end the war right there It's ironic because Jamie entered the room right after Robert finished that tale.

Overall a great episode. Dany flexed her dragon muscles and Cersei garnered the support of the Iron Bank. I'm assuming their funding will provide KLs with MANY scorpion bows. Dany's dragons will not be without danger.

In a whirlwind episode (only 50 min), my FAVORITE scene was one that didn't have any action...Jon giving Dany council. Jon tells her that the people will follow her because she made the impossible happen and they hope she can make something else impossible happen...but not if she becomes just another horrible ruler who does the same thing every other horrible ruler has done. It was so in character and thoughtful. You could tell he lived by that rationale. Ultimately Dany only half-heeds his advice, as she still takes Drogon and burns thousands of men and their wagons full of grain. But Dany is not merciless and Jon notes she has a good heart. An alliance between the 2 is coming. And I can't wait to see them fight the WW together!

Also, based on the preview scenes from next episode, it looks like Jon will be presented with an opportunity to prove his Dragon blood! So hyped!
MandoArms
Trident 88 said:

In the scenes for next week, Drogon is roaring at Jon, presumably after Dany returns to Dragonstone. I'm wondering why, but more importantly, I'm wondering if anything will happen in that scene to make Dany wonder if there's more to Jon than meets the eye.
I imagine Jon and/or Tyrion will be the only ones that will be able to help Danny patch up Drogon. We've seen how the dragons are with having people approach them.

Would be a good way for her to start to realize who may be capable of being a dragon rider.
bangobango
AG
Jebber said:

Assuming in the previews where Danny is stating bend the knee that it is the survivors of the battle and Jaime is one of them.

No reason to overthink this one. Tyrian will push for him to do just that. If he does not he's dead. Pretty simple.

This last two episodes have clearly laid the ground work for Jon explaining the real threat. Next the windings appear to be getting wiped out. Adding to the case of the real threat. If the dragons react to him showing everyone his heritage, just another reason for Danny to gain his trust.

Thus the end of the season will be Danny and Jon uniting.

Oh and Ayra getting that blade will be handy if she confronts a white walker. Maybe she takes out the knight king in the end.

Jon will lead a charge into the north and everyone will die and it will just be him and all the white walkers closing in in him. Then Dany will swoop in with her dragon and roast all of them, because it is Jon Snow and #girlpower.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Did anyone else freak out when Arya "disappeared" to sneak away from the guard?

I was getting the feeling with her looking around and not recognizing anyone, and the people she knew all being gone, that she was thinking "this is no longer my home" - and she did indeed leave afterall...
M.C. Swag
AG
I did! Freaked out big time.
TheDraw
AG
Why didnt she use all 3 dragons?
Aggie_2463
AG
I did. I was like WTF she came all that way to just leave without seeing anyone
M.C. Swag
AG
budgeting?
Aggie_2463
AG
TheDraw said:

Wouldn't have been much of a battle then I mean, three dragons would of roasted the entire lannister army at once
Bregxit
AG
I think the writers pointed out that a Jon/Dany romance is not going to happen.

Davos: I saw you staring at her good heart.
Jon: We don't have time for all that.
Boiling Denim
TheDraw said:

You need dragon riders in battle to direct them and fire on enemies.
wangus12
AG
TheDraw said:

No riders for the other 2. Didn't matter in Mereen when they destroyed the fleet, but now she has friendlies on the field of battle to worry about. Don't need 2 uncontrolled dragons torching half the Dothraki horde
wangus12
AG
dlance said:

You really think that's gonna stop them. Hell, the look Dany gives Missandei when Jon calls up to her is invocative of the attraction she already somewhat has for him and he obviously states he is attracted to her.

Plus they're the 2 main characters. They're banging by the end of the season
titanmaster_race
dlance said:

In the tidbit after the show, the writers explicitly mention that Jon and Dany are falling in love. With do few episodes left, I doubt they are introducing any new subplots that won't be crucial moving forward.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
wangus12 said:

dlance said:

You really think that's gonna stop them. Hell, the look Dany gives Missandei when Jon calls up to her is invocative of the attraction she already somewhat has for him and he obviously states he is attracted to her.

All he's saying is there won't be any courting... it's going to be straight to bang
TheVarian
AG
Boiling Denim said:

TheDraw said:

You need dragon riders in battle to direct them and fire on enemies.

Cough cough... Jon and Tyrion... COUGH
The Debt
SpreadsheetAg said:

wangus12 said:

dlance said:

All he's saying is there won't be any courting... it's going to be straight to bang

A Bang of Ice and Fire
Icecream_Ag
S
TheVarian said:

Soooooo..... did the gold Jamie had before the battle make it to the place where that hot sister is?

Asking for a friend...
Nope didn't make it to Winterfell
The Debt
wangus12 said:

TheDraw said:

No riders for the other 2. Didn't matter in Mereen when they destroyed the fleet, but now she has friendlies on the field of battle to worry about. Don't need 2 uncontrolled dragons torching half the Dothraki horde

How's about no dothraki and just three dragons
carpediem13
AG
I think she loses a dragon. Then only 2 riders are needed
claym711
AG
Jon and Daeny are not going to bang.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Quote:

I think they try to ransom Jaime and Cersi says no dice. Dany has to execute him and Tyrion repays Jaime's early favor and releases him.

Jaime will demand a trial by combat and Tyrion will volunteer as Jaime's champion. Dany chooses drogon to fight for her. Tyrion emerges from Drogon's flames and that's when we find out he's a Targ.
claym711
AG
OH ****
benchmark
AG
So when is present day Howland Reed going to make an appearance? His story is so sparse and strange. I thought he was a bannerman and friend to Ned Stark, but never shows up to help Robb or Catelyn? But lets his kids disappear for a year or more to help Bran? Someone fill me in...
FTAG 2000
AG
dlance said:

In the "Inside the Episode" piece, they actually talked about the development of the attraction between the two in the cave.
TheVarian
AG
DAMNIT!! What is Gilly to do now??? Who will take care of Ned??
First Page Last Page
Page 115 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.