Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,147,280 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
zap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That wasn't Bronn who knocked Jamie off this horse. It was...Jorah Mormont
benchmark
AG
Clarification on Children/white walkers history. I thought we learned previously that the white walkers were made by the Children to help protect the Children from Men. But then Jon interprets the cave drawings as Men and the Children fighting together against the white walkers.... was that from a later period or was Jon just wrong or was he purposefully misrepresenting the story line to help win Daenerys' support?
cone
AG
wangus12
AG
benchmark said:

Clarification on Children/white walkers history. I thought we learned previously that the white walkers were made by the Children to help protect the Children from Men. But then Jon interprets the cave drawings as Men and the Children fighting together against the white walkers.... was that from a later period or was Jon just wrong or was he purposefully misrepresenting the story line to help win Daenerys' support?
Later period.

Children of the Forest and First Men fought when the first men originally came to Westeros. They eventually came to a truce and lived side by side.

Then came the Long Night where they joined forces to fight the White Walkers. This is what Jon is referencing
Obi Wan Ginobili
Not only Kingslayer, but that was her father.
combat wombat™
AG
Who she admitted was Evil.
Trident 88
AG
combat wombat said:

Which is why she Jaime still has a fair chance of avoiding execution, assuming that he was saved from drowning (which is likely but ridiculous).
wangus12
AG
Trident 88 said:

combat wombat said:

Which is why she Jaime still has a fair chance of avoiding execution, assuming that he was saved from drowning (which is likely but ridiculous).
And assuming they capture him. They'll probably find some loophole
FIDO95
AG
Did anyone else get the impression that Jamie wants to die? He realizes now he has been fighting for the mad queen and he has watched his army get torched. He is done. I know it would be hard to swim in full armor but he's not even trying to swim or save himself.

If he is saved (which I think is likely), does he apologize to Tyrion for not believing/standing up for him when now he knows Cersei and Tywin railroaded him? Or is he still mad about Tyrion killing pops?

In regards to Dany's "bend the knee or die" line, I think that is a message for Cersei and not a threat towards Jon or Jamie.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Agnzona
combat wombat said:

Makes you wonder about their training. How bad was the punishment that they would be willing to stand there with the Dothraki and a dragon coming at them?

Once you know your likely to die no matter what. Standing your ground and fighting is the only logical option.
TheVarian
AG
Soooooo..... did the gold Jamie had before the battle make it to the place where that hot sister is?

Asking for a friend...
swc93
AG
1st watch I was fairly certain they showed Randyll Tarly getting roasted.

Jaime's story is about redemption; it has been building and building through the whole series; it isn't finished.
Depth of the water on the rescue was a little silly. Reminded me of that dumb scene in LOTR's when Sam is sinking when Frodo just basically left the shore in his canoe.

I believe John told her to attack the Lannister army. They ended that conversation on the beach before he said what he would do; he only told her what he wouldn't do.

Tyrion is a lover not a fighter; his look of concern while watching the battle is consistent with his character. He is not flipping sides. I felt he was more worried about the risks Danny was taking. They should have called her off; the battle was won before the ballista was even used. Loved him commenting on his brother's actions under his breath.

The scene with Missandei on the walkway was like a video game quest. "FIND MISSANDEI IN THE CASTLE". Use persuasion skills; "ASK MISSANDEI ABOUT HER STORY".

Even without the awesome battle scene at the end it was still a damn good episode.
Trident 88
AG
In the scenes for next week, Drogon is roaring at Jon, presumably after Dany returns to Dragonstone. I'm wondering why, but more importantly, I'm wondering if anything will happen in that scene to make Dany wonder if there's more to Jon than meets the eye.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

No I don't think Jamie wants to die - although riding toward a dragon is questionable. He was just defending himself and the Lannisters in general out there. And he saw an opportunity and acted impulsively (foolishly).

I think he does apologize to Tyrion in some way. He isn't that upset about Tywin...and he now knows he did not kill Joffrey for sure. He can't really blame him for Tywin who always abused Tyrion really.

He can't take the knee to Dany though...but he could offer to kill Cersei if he has decided she is whacked and a lost cause.

Obi Wan Ginobili
TheVarian said:

Soooooo..... did the gold Jamie had before the battle make it to the place where that hot sister is?

Asking for a friend...

The silver was on its way to the wall. It is known.
Aggie_2463
AG
Did the General Tarly die in the battle?
wangus12
AG
Quote:

In regards to Dany's "bend the knee or die" line, I think that is a message for Cersei and not a threat towards Jon or Jamie.
Looks to me like she is addressing the survivors of the battle. Maybe the Tarlys as well
Javelina
AG
Trident 88 said:

In the scenes for next week, Drogon is roaring at Jon, presumably after Dany returns to Dragonstone. I'm wondering why, but more importantly, I'm wondering if anything will happen in that scene to make Dany wonder if there's more to Jon than meets the eye.
Jon's gonna act all nonchalant and rub Drogon behind the ears like a puppy.
wangus12
AG
Trident 88 said:

Maybe she's showing off her dragon and wants Jon to do the same
Wizard
Speaking of gold, let's discuss the Iron Bank...

Is it feasible that the Iron Bank is collecting debts in order to pay rent to the Night King? Perhaps Westoros is rented and the Night King is paying a visit to either evict tenants or collect debts.
dellgriffith
AG
Tarly has to die so Sam can have power to switch loyalty of the Tarlys to the good guys and reunite with Jon Snow.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggie7911
Id like to see Cerci's mad scientist guy die.
Obi Wan Ginobili
combat wombat said:

You think that makes it easier to forgive the dude who killed her Father?
Wizard
Aggie_2463 said:

Did the General Tarly die in the battle?

Pretty obvious no, IMO. They would have showed this.
He probably will be taken captive and Him and Jon will have some sort of interaction before it's all said and done.
titanmaster_race
The citadel in oldtown officially declared winter at the end of s6, but KL and everything else we've seen that isn't winterfell sure looks like summer or fall....
FightinTexasAg15
AG
benchmark said:

The children of the forest were originally at war with men, and they were being killed left and right.

This then leads them to a desperate attempt to create a weapon to use against the men, which then turns on them.

The men and children of the forest then have to join together to defeat this new threat to both of them
wangus12
AG
They're farther south. It'll probably all be white soon enough
cone
AG
swc93
AG
Light dusting; possibly a flurry or two; It's the ice you really need to watch for. It'll be like North Texas in winter.
titanmaster_race
dellgriffith said:

Tarly has to die so Sam can have power to switch loyalty of the Tarlys to the good guys and reunite with Jon Snow.

Sam renounced his family when he joined the night'swatch. They've been a little loose with his vows regarding gilly, but I don't think he will lead his family at any point.

I could be wrong.
Trident 88
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

combat wombat said:

You think that makes it easier to forgive the dude who killed her Father?

It absolutely does.
MaroonStain
AG
My short list of those whose days are numbered:
- Littlefinger
- Danaerys
- Melisandre
redline248
AG
I laughed when Davos said that. Nice little running joke they keep around.
TheVarian
AG
After how his father treated him...I highly doubt he has ANYTHING to do with em
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

that was great....

Jon: How many men do we have in the North? 10,000... Less?
Davos: "Fewer"
Jon: "What?"

it was a callback to Stannis too....almost exactly the same...

First Page Last Page
Page 114 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.