Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,145,013 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
G Martin 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

I hate Lady Stoneheart as much as the next reader, but why are so many saying she's irrelevant to the story? We don't know how things end with her. As far as we know, she just lured Jaime into a trap with Brienne's help.
Because Arya is already fulfilling the revenge role that LS served in the books. LS was just another deadend plot line that has been cut from the show, like Quentyn Martell.
oh no
AG
swc93 said:

Bran is basically Google now.
Siri or Alexa

...Bran did say that he needs to talk to Jon... waiting for Jon to get back for some pretty major news to drop.

"Remember why you went to A&M. It's life after the game. ...and I was fortunate to see the big picture then, and knowing that, 'hey, this game is going to end, if you get to play, great! If not, get that education'. A&M is a fraternity after school and the network is unbelievable." - Dat Nguyen
Wizard
oh no said:

swc93 said:

Siri or Alexa

...Bran did say that he needs to talk to Jon... waiting for Jon to get back for some pretty major news to drop.

I say Snapchat, because he knows everybody's story!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
oh no said:

swc93 said:

Siri or Alexa

Jon: "Hey Bran who are my parents"

Bran: "I have searched weirwood.net and I think you may be looking for Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark"

Jon: ...
Joseph Parrish
AG
oh no
AG
modern day Bran Stark aka 3 eyed raven:

"Remember why you went to A&M. It's life after the game. ...and I was fortunate to see the big picture then, and knowing that, 'hey, this game is going to end, if you get to play, great! If not, get that education'. A&M is a fraternity after school and the network is unbelievable." - Dat Nguyen
Squirrel Master
AG
Great, great episode. My thoughts:

1) Completely agree with MC Swag's post:
Quote:

I'm consistently shocked (pleasantly) about how much time the show is dedicating to their interaction. I would have thought Jon's mining efforts would be timewarped ahead and he'd be off back to the wall. I'm glad they're not doing that. His relationship with Dany needs to be thoroughly explored.
Really great interactions there.

2) Arya reunion was nice too, and it was good than Bran was less creepy, but still effective.

3) Also good to see our secondary characters Bronn and Brienne each get some screentime, and to good effect in each case.

4) If the guesses in this thread are correct that Jaime and Bronn will be captured by Dany's forces, that means that at the next episode, all of these people may be at Dragonstone at the same time:
- Dany
- Jon
- Tyrion
- Jaime
- Bronn
- Davos
- Varys
- Theon
That's some serious star power all getting together, with loads of possibilities for great dialogue. Really excited for the potential there.

5) Littlefinger is gonna die in episode 6. The story is not playing out well for him at all at this point.
trip
AG
I really want Arya to fight the Mountain now.
Johnsy3
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

Sasappis said:

Lady stone heart is probably the most irrelevant thing in the books. People's obsession with it drives me nuts.

I always thought she was in the books just to provide her face to Arya, but who knows what GRRM was thinking.

Not following you. Her and Arya never came into contact, right?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

TheDraw said:

Why didnt she use all 3 dragons?
Wouldn't have been much of a battle then I mean, three dragons would of roasted the entire lannister army at once

Also let's recall that the other two dragons are not necessarily controllable the way Drogon is.

In the episode in Mereen where they help Drogon/Dany burn all the ships they were acting of their own accord. They had just broken out of captivity and basically followed along with what Drogon was doing.

Drogon pretty much responds to Dany's commands and/or threats.

The other two might simply have not followed him this time and likely Dany was fine with it anyway because she was trying not to just burn indiscriminately. she had control of Drogon more or less...the other two not so much.

OnlyForNow
AG
That's not covered in "A Knight's Tale" the Dunk and Egg Stories is it?
MandoArms
OnlyForNow said:

That's not covered in "A Knight's Tale" the Dunk and Egg Stories is it?
Not yet, but I do know that is how they die.
Urban Ag
AG
Based on the Ep 5 preview, I predict:

Dany executes Randyl Tarly for turning on Lady Olena. She will pardon Dickon and not punish him for the sins of the father (a recurring them as of late). Dickon will bend the knee and align with Dany. Jamie will be allowed to return to KL under the guise he persuade his sister to end the war, bend the knee and return to Casterly Rock to live in exile.

Longer term........the little hints here and there that Dany is going to lose it are building up. At the same time, she and Jon are clearly starting to gravitate. What they actually turn their forces to Wall and take on the WW before KL and actually beat them. Then Dany, even madder on her power trip for saving the realm, declares she fly to KL, and burn it all to the ground. Bran wargs in to Drogon and makes him crash killing Dany.
Houston Lee
AG
Urban Ag said:

Based on the Ep 5 preview, I predict:

Dany executes Randyl Tarly for turning on Lady Olena. She will pardon Dickon and not punish him for the sins of the father (a recurring them as of late). Dickon will bend the knee and align with Dany. Jamie will be allowed to return to KL under the guise he persuade his sister to end the war, bend the knee and return to Casterly Rock to live in exile.

Longer term........the little hints here and there that Dany is going to lose it are building up. At the same time, she and Jon are clearly starting to gravitate. What they actually turn their forces to Wall and take on the WW before KL and actually beat them. Then Dany, even madder on her power trip for saving the realm, declares she fly to KL, and burn it all to the ground. Bran wargs in to Drogon and makes him crash killing Dany.
So Dany is basically BSC?
OnlyForNow
AG
Here is a telling statistic...

In all of season 6, they showed Dany riding a dragon in 11 shots, in the battle last night... 80 SHOTS.

Wow....
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I don't see Dany going power hungry or mad....I mean she has every chance to, but that would be so.....cheap.

This is and always has been a story of redemption and overcoming odds.

Dany - a woman, exiled, has nothing to start, sold off by her brother
Jon - a ******* (we thought), no claims to anything, relegated to the wall and killed
Tyrion - a dwarf, an outcast, reviled by his family

The ultimate test is the WW and NK...they will have to band together to defeat that.

I've thought that since i read the first book. It' never changed and nothing has made me doubt it.
OnlyForNow
AG
Where do we learn that?
Agnzona
With that big group of players Jon could then give a great speech about forming a representative republic, local rule and self determination for the masses. Then after a moment of awkward silence they all start laughing.
The Debt
Thinking about Arya vs the mountain, could she kill him? We don't know what Qyburn did to him. What if no man can kill him?

Then I thought about Drogon killing him, turning him to ash. We finally see what dragonsfire does to people. Ash that blows in the wind...

Then I recalled the prophesy of Dany being barren and until "the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves...your womb will quicken again."
MandoArms
OnlyForNow said:

Where do we learn that?
Hints and clues spread throughout A Song of Ice and Fire. The event is known as The Tragedy at Summerhall.
smokeythebear
AG
Awesome episode!

1) The gold had made it to KL because it started on the journey right away while the tail end of the caravan was comprised of the crops being "force harvested" by Bronn, Randall, and Dickon. That's why there was such a large disconnect between the gold and the tail end of the army.

2) I've said it before and I'll say it again. The WWs aren't going to attack on day 1 of "Winter". They are attacking as the heaviest part of Winter sets in. This is why it "takes so long" for them to march south. They aren't in any rush because they are still waiting for the weather to get worse.

3) The Bran/Meera interaction was very telling. All that hard work and death for hardly even an acknowledgement. I think you can put to rest that theory floating around about Meera being Jon's twin sister since he'd obviously have told her by now if that were the case. Also, you'd think that if Howland Reed was important, Bran would have reacted to him being mentioned.

4) Lots of speculation about Bran potentially calling out LF, and that's perfectly understandable, but if he is unemotional about seeing his two sisters again, who is to say he would show any negative emotions towards LF, even if he did know what LF has done? It seems that Bran's only mission right now is to stop the Night King and killing LF doesn't do anything towards that end really. That being said, I do think he would sell out LF immediately if it became evident that LF was going to sabotage any plans to defeat the WWs.

5) Really well done how they slyly incorporated Jon's advice into Dany's council. Tyrion may have attended the battle, but it was clear he didn't really approve of the move, meaning either Dany came up with that battle strategy all by herself or Jon gave it to her. It certainly does have more of a "Jon flavor" in putting one's self in harms way to increase the odds of victory. Also, someone asked why the dothraki had to be there at all, and I counter that you saw what happened with Jamie lined up some archers at Drogon. They didn't hit Dany, but it forced Drogon to abandon that strafe. Keeping the troops on the ground occupied was instrumental in allowing full destruction by Drogon.

6) The Arya/Sansa reunion was done masterfully. They didn't really get along when they were younger, and they definitely didn't leave on great terms either. They both wanted to be excited, but the reality of the situation is so filled with awkwardness about their journeys since last they spoke and neither of them cared to fill in the holes. So often we expect this to be such a joyous occasion, "the Stark Family Reunion", but the reality of it is that it would be extremely awkward and weird in real life. I thought this interaction was finally one Stark Reunion that played out as close to real life as you could get.

7) Last but not least, which is more believable: Arya being stabbed multiple times, jumping into a river, and surviving? Or Jamie wearing plate-armor, missing a hand, sinking 10 feet under, and surviving? Personally, I pictured the scene of him "sinking" as more of a metaphor. He was maybe only 2-3 feet underwater, but he 'felt' like he was sinking into an abyss. But I could see how others could watch that scene and feel like it didn't make sense.
AggieChemist
AG
Agnzona said:

With that big group of players Jon could then give a great speech about forming a representative republic, local rule and self determination for the masses. Then after a moment of awkward silence they all start laughing.
I told you, we're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week... but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs but by a two thirds majority in the case of...
Pasquale Liucci
AG
No, that was from AWOIAF pieced together from several places where Summerhall was referenced but details not expounded on
Sapper Redux
AggieChemist said:

Agnzona said:

I told you, we're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week... but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs but by a two thirds majority in the case of...
Finish the series with a title card saying, "One Thousand Years Later," and have King Arthur from Monty Python ride up.
smokeythebear
AG
Also, how long does Arya stay in Winterfell? I suppose she could stay a while to train with Brienne, but other than that, what reason does she have to stay? I don't get the feeling she is planning to throw out her list of names to fight WWs any time soon.
EFE
AG
She and the dagger have a bigger role to play. I rewatched at lunch and Bran has a little strokey faced moment like he sees something connected to Arya and the dagger but doesn't know what to do with it yet.
MandoArms
smokeythebear said:

Also, how long does Arya stay in Winterfell? I suppose she could stay a while to train with Brienne, but other than that, what reason does she have to stay? I don't get the feeling she is planning to throw out her list of names to fight WWs any time soon.
I hope she stays long enough to kill LF with her new dagger. I think the Hound will be the one that sells out LF, not Bran. I am hoping he shows up at Winterfell with the Brotherhood next week.
Urban Ag
AG
You're probably right. I gotta keep reminding myself that the writers and the peeps that put together the previews are trying to steer us down the road to believe that Dany is going to go Mad King.

marble rye
AG
claym711 said:

Jon and Daeny are not going to bang.

Yes they are.
The Debt
This concept of Bran selling out LF doesn't exist because Bran Stark is "dead". Now he is the all seeing TER. I don't think he GAF about the starks, LF, the Iron Throne, or anything. See how he reacted when Sansa hugged him? See his empathy (lack thereof) when they were at the Weirwood?
Hulla Baller
AG
Maybe some Dany and Jon sechs after one of the dragons destroys the mountain?
Urban Ag
AG
On the Crazy/Hot Matrix I'd put Dany a 9-10 hot, 8-9 crazy right now. Could move a little either way. But she is definitely in the Danger Zone.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Just realized that Bran has basically become Orin from Parks and Rec now.

claym711
AG
One incestuous relationship is enough. They aren't going to have a character like Jon Snow bang his aunt.
jamaggie06
AG
") Last but not least, which is more believable: Arya being stabbed multiple times, jumping into a river, and surviving? Or Jamie wearing plate-armor, missing a hand, sinking 10 feet under, and surviving? Personally, I pictured the scene of him "sinking" as more of a metaphor. He was maybe only 2-3 feet underwater, but he 'felt' like he was sinking into an abyss. But I could see how others could watch that scene and feel like it didn't make sense"

This is how I took it; as dramatic effect, since we all saw the horses riding nearby at ankle depth. Hes under water to show that hes safe from the fire, but you cant put the camera up his ass.

I guess we'll find out Sunday. Either way, its fairly minor in my opinion. The point was to show Bronn not acting in self interest.
First Page Last Page
Page 118 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.