Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,147,091 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
PascalsWager
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's funny that soldiers never break and flee on TV or movies. Historically, its happened in every middle age battle I've ever read about. If there was ever a time to just run, it's when a huge dragon blows up your center.

The lannister soldiers have a beyond-modern level of professionalism and discipline.
FIDO95
AG
Drogon is the only dragon that is controlled and at the battle because the Iron Bank did not approve a bigger CGI budget.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Quote:

6) The Arya/Sansa reunion was done masterfully. They didn't really get along when they were younger, and they definitely didn't leave on great terms either. They both wanted to be excited, but the reality of the situation is so filled with awkwardness about their journeys since last they spoke and neither of them cared to fill in the holes. So often we expect this to be such a joyous occasion, "the Stark Family Reunion", but the reality of it is that it would be extremely awkward and weird in real life. I thought this interaction was finally one Stark Reunion that played out as close to real life as you could get.

the emotional one will be when Jon comes back and sees Arya and Bran.

Jon goes in for the hug and says "Brother"
Bran sits there glazed over and says
"Cousin"

Just like the Chaos is a ladder statement. Bran didn't really mean anything other than as he was sitting there with the dagger he was just reliving things from LF past and since LF had just said chaos, it hit him from the past and he just said it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
claym711 said:

One incestuous relationship is enough. They aren't going to have a character like Jon Snow bang his aunt.

I'll put $20 on it that says they end up hooking up.
Brick Tamland
smokeythebear said:

2) I've said it before and I'll say it again. The WWs aren't going to attack on day 1 of "Winter". They are attacking as the heaviest part of Winter sets in. This is why it "takes so long" for them to march south. They aren't in any rush because they are still waiting for the weather to get worse.

"And I promise you, friend, the true enemy won't wait out the storm. The enemy brings the storm."

As evidenced in Hardhome, the WW bring the bad weather, they don't wait for it.

It's taking them a long time because they were very far north and are marching to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea. The wights are slow unless they're in attack mode anyways. When they walked by Sam in an earlier season they were walking like what they are, zombies.
GoneGirl
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

combat wombat said:

BTW, Sansa of seemed unnerved rather than impressed with Arya's fighting ability.

well she's gotta be a little freaked out.

her lil sis comes back all serious like with a death list (sansa thought she s kidding before)....and then a special dagger Bran gives to her, not sansa.....the she bests one of the greatest sword persons around in a little hand to hand combat...and now she realizes oh crap she was serious...and might be CRA CRA and try to kill a bunch of people.

they also weren't the closest of siblings actually....sweet reunion but Arya thought Sansa was a prima donna and Sansa thought arya was a foolish tomboy.
Sansa might wonder if she's ever been on Arya's list. She did kind of kick start Arya's troubles both with the whole wolf thing AND telling Cersi about their father's plan to get them out.
titanmaster_race
I feel bad for the man who is the Night King. Captured by some little forest gnomes who shoved dragonglass into his heart and destined him to be the ultimate bad guy for all time.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
AggieChemist said:

Agnzona said:

With that big group of players Jon could then give a great speech about forming a representative republic, local rule and self determination for the masses. Then after a moment of awkward silence they all start laughing.
I told you, we're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week... but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs but by a two thirds majority in the case of...

Look. If I went round claiming I was a duke because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
javajaws
AG
Champ Bailey said:

claym711 said:

One incestuous relationship is enough. They aren't going to have a character like Jon Snow bang his aunt.

I'll put $20 on it that says they end up hooking up.
A Jon and Dany sex scene would melt the Internet
Carl Underguard
AG
Come on, now. It's taking them so long for plot purposes. Pure and simple.
Brick Tamland
And this
dcAg
Question:

In the last scene where Tyrion is watching the action what exactly does he say and who is he talking to? Doesn't he say something like "Hurry up"? Is he talking to Dany or Jaime?

Also this may seem obvious but when he says, "Don't do it you idiot" I assume he is talking to Jaime? Is this what everyone else got out of it?

Aren't Jon Snow and Dany related?

I don't like Dany. It would be great if a dragon fell during battle with the WW and then was turned into a WW and kills Dany.

I'd like for Arya to sit on the throne at the end.
Obi Wan Ginobili
dcAg said:

Question:

In the last scene where Tyrion is watching the action what exactly does he say and who is he talking to? Doesn't he say something like "Hurry up"? Is he talking to Dany or Jaime?

Also this may seem obvious but when he says, "Don't do it you idiot" I assume he is talking to Jaime? Is this what everyone else got out of it?

I don't like Dany. It would be great if a dragon fell during battle with the WW and then was turned into a WW and kills Dany.

Wow. Might be the post that makes me quit reading this thread.
oh no
AG
dcAg said:

Question:

"Remember why you went to A&M. It's life after the game. ...and I was fortunate to see the big picture then, and knowing that, 'hey, this game is going to end, if you get to play, great! If not, get that education'. A&M is a fraternity after school and the network is unbelievable." - Dat Nguyen
smokeythebear
AG
Brick Tamland said:

smokeythebear said:

2) I've said it before and I'll say it again. The WWs aren't going to attack on day 1 of "Winter". They are attacking as the heaviest part of Winter sets in. This is why it "takes so long" for them to march south. They aren't in any rush because they are still waiting for the weather to get worse.

"And I promise you, friend, the true enemy won't wait out the storm. The enemy brings the storm."

It's taking them a long time because they were very far north and are marching to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea. The wights are slow unless they're in attack mode anyways. When they walked by Sam in an earlier season they were walking like what they are, zombies.

Yea, I mean, you can call it whatever you want, but there's a difference between Euron's ships teleporting to the other side of the continent and the WW army taking 6 full seasons to make it from the "fist of the first men" to the wall.

We've seen them marching before (when Sam first saw them) and we've seen them sitting still (when Bran saw them). But they aren't LITERALLY bringing the winter themselves. There are seasons that come and go in the show outside of the presence of white walkers. Yes, they bring more cold with them wherever they go (we saw them walk through and extinguish fire), but Winter JUST started, so it makes sense, if for no other reason than to stall the plot, that they are slowly making their way further south as more and more of the land gets cold enough for them to operate at full strength.

It isn't a "timelines are just different" thing. It is a "they are still waiting for the right time to attack the wall" thing. Hardhome to the wall isn't nearly as far as Highgarden from King's Landing. One has taken 3 seasons? The other took two episodes for a round trip?

Y'all need to suspend your belief that the white walker army is just slowly marching constantly this whole time. When the thick of winter hits, I bet they travel very quickly wherever they want to go.
Independent George
AG
dcAg said:

Question:

Not sure where to start here....
smokeythebear
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

dcAg said:

Question:

Wow. Might be the post that makes me quit reading this thread.
This is basically my wife every Monday evening when she makes me re-watch it with her because she goes to bed early on Sundays.
Urban Ag
AG

Hickory High
AG
So I'm assuming the show intentionally had Dany eviserate that entire supply line of food, something just minutes ago she was pissed about not having enough of, to highlight how Dany is showing some signs of becoming just another bloodthirsty, power-hungry ruler, right?
Independent George
AG
This might come as a shock but....

Cersei and Jamie are brother sister.
Targs frequently inbreed to keep blood lines pure.
Dornish folk don't look down on incestuous relationships much.
Ohh and Dany has three dragons in case you missed that as well.
FL_Ag1998
AG
dcAg said:

Question:

Your profile was started in 1999, and your questions/comments are a little....odd and discombobulating, to put it nicely.
So I'm going to guess that the orderly at your nursing home fell asleep early last night and all you old foggies decided to get crazy and steal the TV remote. You wacky baby-boomers!!!
OnlyForNow
AG
He said "Flee you fool" then he said basically the same thing with the f word thrown in for good measure.

He was talking to himself basically.
KidDoc
AG
smokeythebear said:

Brick Tamland said:

smokeythebear said:

Yea, I mean, you can call it whatever you want, but there's a difference between Euron's ships teleporting to the other side of the continent and the WW army taking 6 full seasons to make it from the "fist of the first men" to the wall.

We've seen them marching before (when Sam first saw them) and we've seen them sitting still (when Bran saw them). But they aren't LITERALLY bringing the winter themselves. There are seasons that come and go in the show outside of the presence of white walkers. Yes, they bring more cold with them wherever they go (we saw them walk through and extinguish fire), but Winter JUST started, so it makes sense, if for no other reason than to stall the plot, that they are slowly making their way further south as more and more of the land gets cold enough for them to operate at full strength.

It isn't a "timelines are just different" thing. It is a "they are still waiting for the right time to attack the wall" thing. Hardhome to the wall isn't nearly as far as Highgarden from King's Landing. One has taken 3 seasons? The other took two episodes for a round trip?

Y'all need to suspend your belief that the white walker army is just slowly marching constantly this whole time. When the thick of winter hits, I bet they travel very quickly wherever they want to go.
One of the quirks of the world is the seasons are very long. In the beginning it had been summer for over 10 years, fall would be expected to last > 1 year, and winter often lasts up to 10 years as well. That is why they are all so paranoid about winter because it is LONG and dangerous.

I'm sure they explained this in the shows but I cannot recall exactly when they did so.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I just don't think there is any way that they make Dany go power crazy. There just isn't enough time left in the show for her to turn into a believable heel. Maybe if she had done some more drastic things at Mereen it would be more believable, like laying waste to all the cities after giving up on ruling them, but we have seen her take a more diplomatic approach at just about every turn. For her to suddenly go bad enough to justify people rooting against her would take a 3 or 4 season commitment of her getting increasingly and increasingly insane. There are what, 11 episodes left? And the worst thing you could say about her is that she is a fair but sometimes harsh ruler. They even had Missandei declaring her love for her this past episode.

There is just no way it happens IMO.
Ragoo
AG
only beef i had with the last episode. you give me a epic battle with many big player characters and not one shocking death? GRRM would have had tyrion killed standing there watching just because.
plowboy1065
S
My predictions-

• Sam somehow learns of R+L=J at the Citadel plus the meaning behind the dagger
  • Arya offs LF-remember the maester is going through all the scrolls looking for info
  • Dany loses a dragon but don't think it will be Drogon
  • Night King destroys the wall-has to get the army of the dead through somehow
  • Jamie is captured but set free to broker a surrender to Cersei
  • Cersei does what Cersei does-says whatever she needs to for the greater good of Cersei
  • Jon and Dany join the mile high club on top of Drogon (I know, but it could happen)
Trident 88
AG
Hickory High said:

So I'm assuming the show intentionally had Dany eviserate that entire supply line of food, something just minutes ago she was pissed about not having enough of, to highlight how Dany is showing some signs of becoming just another bloodthirsty, power-hungry ruler, right?

I don't think she had a clue what she had Drogon destroy. (That's what happens when you don't do a proper recon.) I think she just chose to destroy the rear area because the Dothraki were mixing into the front lines of the Lannister army.
Urban Ag
AG
Ragoo said:

only beef i had with the last episode. you give me a epic battle with many big player characters and not one shocking death? GRRM would have had tyrion killed standing there watching just because.
What epic battles in the books or series have big players deaths? I can't think of any offhand.

Robert - hunting accident/murder
Ned - executed
Mormont - murdered
Rickon - essentially executed
Rob - murdered
Cat - murdered
Roose - murdered
Ramsay - executed
Pycelle - murdered
Joffrey - murdered
Tommen - suicide
Olena - execution/suicide
Oberyn - trial by combat
Lysa - murdered
High Sparrow, Kevin, Mace, Margery, Lancel, Loras - blown up
Stannis - executed
and so on.......................
Hickory High
AG
Trident 88 said:

Hickory High said:

I don't think she had a clue what she had Drogon destroy. (That's what happens when you don't do a proper recon.) I think she just chose to destroy the rear area because the Dothraki were mixing into the front lines of the Lannister army.
Unless Drogon is more sentiment that I think he (she?) is, that's some crazy precision and a strangely specific target cfor it to be merely chance.

You may be right though. Wouldn't be the first time military strategy in this show has made me raise an eyebrow.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Urban Ag said:

Ragoo said:

What epic battles in the books or series have big players deaths? I can't think of any offhand.

Robert - hunting accident/murder
Ned - executed
Mormont - murdered
Rickon - essentially executed
Rob - murdered
Cat - murdered
Roose - murdered
Ramsay - executed
Pycelle - murdered
Joffrey - murdered
Tommen - suicide
Olena - execution/suicide
Oberyn - trial by combat
Lysa - murdered
High Sparrow, Kevin, Mace, Margery, Lancel, Loras - blown up
Stannis - executed
and so on.......................

WUN WUN!!!!!!!! at the BotB.

And HODOR!!!!!!! ok not a huge battle per se but still it was in the action.

Mostly though yes you are correct - major characters (with more than one word or grunts for dialogue) die in planned out solo attacks or executions...not in battles.

gomerschlep
AG
Clarke95 said:

The dothraki leaping to their feet on their horses' backs was so badass. I can't believe the Lannisters didn't run when they saw that (or the dragon coming at them)
This reminded me of the horsemanship of the Comanches described in 'Empire Of The Summer Moon', which if you haven't read, you should.
The Debt
The Braavosi Connection

When Arya had her exhibition with Brienne, Sansa and Baelish looked on. When Brienne asked her who taught her this way of fighting she said "no one." Then Baelish bowed. It is likely he recognized the fighting style from Braavos.

In s3 when Tyrion was made master of coin and he went over the books he explained to Bronn that LF was not some magician with finance but rather he often borrowed it from the Iron Bank of Braavos. Often=relationship, relationship=time+familiarity. Bronn intrigued by usery and finance asks "what happens if I don't pay you back?" And there is an exchange of looks and Tyrion says that's why he doesn't lend money. The extended look was to imply force.

The iron bank of braavos must have a real force behind them or else they cannot reclaim monies lent. Two or three times now the bank rep was called a gambler and he says they aren't gambles, implying they always win. What could this mean?

Well what else do we know about Braavos? Other than a port and curly haired swordsmen....Valar morgulis. The temple of the many faced god (death).

Every man of braavos respects a coin. This temple is the seat of power where the iron bank increases their wealth and the faceless men are the violence to enforce it. The faceless men aren't just vengeful girls, they are assassins. They kill people for small fortunes (the traveling theater folks); the higher the profile of the target, the more expensive the hit.

The iron bank recoups their losses in flesh as a sacrifice to the God of Death, no gamble necessary.

Back to Baelish. Being from the fingers, his family rules the easternmost reach of the Vale, closest geography to Braavos in all westeros. Baelish's hair is curly, this isn't by accident. In s3ish when Cercie gets her guards to pull a knife on him (discussion of power), she talks about him choosing his own sigil, meaning he hides his families sigil. Care to guess? the Titan of braavos' head.

All too coincidental?

Murder Hornet
AG
So next episode is the "episode 9" of this season and the previews showed Eastwatch by the Sea.
How many of the Wildlings die next week?
Does Tormund go down fighting? Or do they execute some sort of Dunkirk evacuation and live to fight another day?
Independent George
AG
Shouldn't next weeks episode line up with 8? Either way looks like things will stay moving at a face pace with great battles!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Independent George said:

Shouldn't next weeks episode line up with 8? Either way looks like things will stay moving at a face pace with great battles!

there are 3 more

ep 5 = 8
ep 6 = 9
ep 7 = 10

First Page Last Page
Page 119 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.