Game of Thrones - Season 7

1,146,173 Views | 7206 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
plowboy1065
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
NVM, I see what you meant
Obi Wan Ginobili
bthomas98 said:

So next episode is the "episode 9" of this season and the previews showed Eastwatch by the Sea.
How many of the Wildlings die next week?
Does Tormund go down fighting? Or do they execute some sort of Dunkirk evacuation and live to fight another day?
There's 3 episodes left this (half) season.
boy09
AG
plowboy1065 said:

My predictions-

• Sam somehow learns of R+L=J at the Citadel

But Bran already has this information and is just waiting for Jon to get back to Winterfell to tell him. How/why would Sam stumble across this info?
Squirrel Master
AG
I mean, we've had battles in three straight eps, with this most recent one being by far the biggest. A decent chance there will be some dying in this next one. I'm curious if the army of the dead will already be at Eastwatch, but could be.I think ep 6 will feature a/multiple major character deaths. Notably, that's my guess for when Littlefinger gets it.
G Martin 87
AG
Finn Maccumhail said:

AggieChemist said:

Agnzona said:

With that big group of players Jon could then give a great speech about forming a representative republic, local rule and self determination for the masses. Then after a moment of awkward silence they all start laughing.
I told you, we're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week... but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs but by a two thirds majority in the case of...

Look. If I went round claiming I was a duke because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
Emperor. Bint.
-- Stannis
Javelina
AG
I can't see how next episode will be much more than a 'moving the pieces' episode.
Javelina
AG
And I'd like to add that this season has been great. Every episode has been worth rewatching at least twice.
benchmark
AG
The Debt said:

The Braavosi Connection

When Arya had her exhibition with Brienne, Sansa and Baelish looked on. When Brienne asked her who taught her this way of fighting she said "no one." Then Baelish bowed. It is likely he recognized the fighting style from Braavos.

In s3 when Tyrion was made master of coin and he went over the books he explained to Bronn that LF was not some magician with finance but rather he often borrowed it from the Iron Bank of Braavos. Often=relationship, relationship=time+familiarity. Bronn intrigued by usery and finance asks "what happens if I don't pay you back?" And there is an exchange of looks and Tyrion says that's why he doesn't lend money. The extended look was to imply force.

The iron bank of braavos must have a real force behind them or else they cannot reclaim monies lent. Two or three times now the bank rep was called a gambler and he says they aren't gambles, implying they always win. What could this mean?

Well what else do we know about Braavos? Other than a port and curly haired swordsmen....Valar morgulis. The temple of the many faced god (death).

Every man of braavos respects a coin. This temple is the seat of power where the iron bank increases their wealth and the faceless men are the violence to enforce it. The faceless men aren't just vengeful girls, they are assassins. They kill people for small fortunes (the traveling theater folks); the higher the profile of the target, the more expensive the hit.

The iron bank recoups their losses in flesh as a sacrifice to the God of Death, no gamble necessary.

Back to Baelish. Being from the fingers, his family rules the easternmost reach of the Vale, closest geography to Braavos in all westeros. Baelish's hair is curly, this isn't by accident. In s3ish when Cercie gets her guards to pull a knife on him (discussion of power), she talks about him choosing his own sigil, meaning he hides his families sigil. Care to guess? the Titan of braavos' head.

All too coincidental?

I read all this. I'm thinking "Well, that's interesting.." But then I'm kind of going..so what? LF is going to end up on the Iron Throne because he's secretly working for the bank? Just trying to understand what the purpose of your conspiracy theory is.....May be I'm missing something...
javajaws
AG
Do we know where the Dragon BBQ happened in Ep4? I'm assuming it was on the Roseroad somewhere between Highgarden and King's Landing (probably along the Mander river given Jaime and Bronn's swim at the end). One would assume they were going straight back to King's Landing to drop off the gold and supplies.

How did the Dothraki manage to get down there? Were they not on Dragonstone? If so, then I assume Dany still had enough ships to move them?

And given the battle's location...wouldn't Jorah come across some well roasted Lannisters soon since he would be coming up from Oldtown? I suspect he gets hooked back up with either Dany's forces there or the Unsullied soon enough.

And what's the current prediction of Jorah's future role? Dragon rider? Cannon fodder for the writers to kill off?
Simplebay
AG
love this episode
AgLiving06
javajaws said:

Do we know where the Dragon BBQ happened in Ep4? I'm assuming it was on the Roseroad somewhere between Highgarden and King's Landing (probably along the Mander river given Jaime and Bronn's swim at the end). One would assume they were going straight back to King's Landing to drop off the gold and supplies.

How did the Dothraki manage to get down there? Were they not on Dragonstone? If so, then I assume Dany still had enough ships to move them?

And given the battle's location...wouldn't Jorah come across some well roasted Lannisters soon since he would be coming up from Oldtown? I suspect he gets hooked back up with either Dany's forces there or the Unsullied soon enough.

And what's the current prediction of Jorah's future role? Dragon rider? Cannon fodder for the writers to kill off?

Tyrion commented that they had enough ships to go get the unsully if necessary, so I'm assuming they had the boats to do it.
Carl Underguard
AG
I don't think they will kill off any of the main characters until the very end of the show, which makes it slightly annoying to have stuff like the Jamie cliffhanger from last episode. I think that's why a lot of these secondary/ancillary characters have made appearances recently, so they can kill them off instead. That goes for Jorah, Randyl Tarly, Bron, Littlefinger, Briene, maybe a few others I'm forgetting. The reason they're hanging around despite not doing much (except for Randyl and Bron) is to die.
Carl Underguard
AG
Hopefully Ed Sheeran, too.
Deputy Travis Junior
Damn. Between psycho Arya, disconnected and realm-gazing Bran, cunning abused Sansa, and resurrected Jon, the Starks are officially a more F'd up family than the Bluths
Urban Ag
AG
I think we'll see some deaths the next few episodes or at least in the last two. If not, too many to kill off in a 5 or 6 episode season next year.

I can't see everyone making it back from the new Brother Without Banners expedition and we know at least Thoros, Beric, and the Hound are going with Jon.

The Wildlings at Eastwatch, I could see them completely rolled so maybe Thormund?

Don't see how LF makes it unless he flees

Tarly seems likely not to be given quarter by Dany

Also maybe Euron since the Dothraki have landed so the value of his fleet is fewering

redline248
AG
Carl Underguard said:

Hopefully Ed Sheeran, too.
This reminds me. The Lanister's apparently still have an entire army in the Riverlands. Not to mention whatever the leaderless Frey army is up to.
Carl Underguard
smokeythebear
AG
Not a bad thought, and actually it probably makes a lot of sense as to why Littlefinger is so calculated and purposeful in his actions. I'm assuming the point you were trying to make is that Littlefinger could have realized Arya was trained by the faceless men. Certainly he then realizes that makes her extremely dangerous (like besting Brienne didn't already tell him that), but it also should confuse him as to why she was there as herself instead of as someone else carrying out an assassination?

Anyways, to someone else's point about the dagger, I find it too convenient that now Arya owns Littlefinger's dagger and she very well could soon own his face. That would gain her quite a lot of high-profile access across Westeros and the ability to knock off a few more names from her list.

Personally, I would find this a big waste of one of the smartest (abeit most deceitful) characters in the show. But then I look at his most recent interactions (I'm paraphrasing):
"Sansa, I loved your motha until her last breath. Now I love you and want to take you as ma wife"
"Jon, Ned and I had our differences, but I loved Cat as it she were my own"
"Bran, I would have taken that dagga to my own heart if it would have saved your motha"

Who knows what GRRM may have eventually planned for LF, but it seems the showrunners view him as a ghost of the generation before. Trapped in this world run by the children of his peers and no children of his own and no purpose left to play.
Carl Underguard
AG
I see what you did there.

And I doubleposted.
Hickory High
AG
I don't really know how Jamie is going to survive the water.

• Jamie is wearing a huge set of armor, has a heavy brass hand, and should have been knocked out by that blast, so he can't save could himself
  • Bron could possibly be knocked out as well, but even if he's not, I highly doubt he could pull Jamie out by himself
  • None of the Dothraki can swim, so Dany can't have one of them save him
  • Tyrian is too far away and definitely not strong enough
  • I doubt Drogon could go that deep in the water and grab him
redline248
AG
Quote:

Anyways, to someone else's point about the dagger, I find it too convenient that now Arya owns Littlefinger's dagger and she very well could soon own his face. That would gain her quite a lot of high-profile access across Westeros and the ability to knock off a few more names from her list.
Slightly unrelated to your overall post, but I wonder if when Jon eventually gets back to Winterfell, and Arya hears about the white walkers, what will she do? For example, we had in this episode a decision point with Bronn, go get his money and run, or stay in the fight? Will we see a similar point for Arya - continue on her path of revenge, or let go of that and fight for the larger cause? After all, aren't most of her list dead by means other than her?
smokeythebear
AG
Hickory High said:

• Jamie is wearing a huge set of armor, has a heavy brass hand, and should have been knocked out by that blast, so he can't save could himself
  • Bron could possibly be knocked out as well, but even if he's not, I highly doubt he could pull Jamie out by himself

If Arya was able to survive, I'm sure Jamie can.
redline248
AG
Hickory High said:

Bronn was "swimming" right next to Jaime, but looked like he was also going down...so who knows
Drogon has a long tail
chipotle
Bronn will give him a hand

The Debt
We don't know the extent of LF's relationship with the Bank of Braavos. We like to think LF is acting alone and his ambitions make him the smartest player on westeros, but what if he has help?

Even if you don't see him as the smartest player in westeros, who do you give that title to? Varys? We know he isn't alone. He has connections on essos too. So why do we think LF is alone?
plowboy1065
S
boy09 said:

plowboy1065 said:

My predictions-

But Bran already has this information and is just waiting for Jon to get back to Winterfell to tell him. How/why would Sam stumble across this info?

There will have to be some kind of solid evidence for everyone to believe besides "because Bran said so". The Citadel is the center for all knowledge and I think Sam finds something there to validate Bran
smokeythebear
AG
plowboy1065 said:

boy09 said:

plowboy1065 said:

My predictions-

There will have to be some kind of solid evidence for everyone to believe besides "because Bran said so". The Citadel is the center for all knowledge and I think Sam finds something there to validate Bran
So far, Bran has convinced each person he talks to that he knows things no one else knows.

Sansa with her wedding night
Arya with her decision on the road
Littlefinger with his quote about "chaos"
Even Redneck guy at the wall with his "the Night King is coming"
The Debt
The citadel is man's memory, they are not spies, they didn't have agents collecting knowledge like "ned stark left the tower of joy with a baby *scribble*scribble* returned to Winterfell and told everyone it was his *scribble*scribble*."

If the citadel was that good at spying, they would 1) certainly weird great power, 2) we would have seen the information gathering since s2
redline248
AG
By the way, who is in charge of Old Town? I know the maesters run the citadel, but is Old Town like Switzerland?
smokeythebear
AG
redline248 said:

By the way, who is in charge of Old Town? I know the maesters run the citadel, but is Old Town like Switzerland?
I believe it is largely cutoff from the rest of the continent by mountains, giving it a natural protection from invading forces. Other than that, I'm not really sure.
Thunder18
AG
House Hightower are the liege lords of Oldtown

Gerold Hightower was the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard during Aerys' reign and was the first kingsguard killed by Ned at the Tower of Joy
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I don't know. Practically, you would think that if Rhaegar would bother sending his Kingsguard to protect Lyanna during her pregnancy, that he would also send a maester to help deliver the baby. But who knows.
Twice an Aggie
AG
If you remember, Ned starts telling them to call a maester in that flashback before she tells him to stop and come close and promise.
wangus12
AG
javajaws said:

They said they were at the Blackwater Rush so they are somewhere close to KL since the rest of the column with the gold had made it into the city
aggiebonzo
AG
Can someone explain the "Chaos is a ladder" scene to me? This one went right over my head and I didn't understand LF's reaction. Is this something LF said to someone earlier in the series?
First Page Last Page
Page 120 of 206

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.