*** Legion (FX X-Men Series) ***

31,452 Views | 242 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

So the voices he hears...is it b/c he has power like Xavier and can read minds, as well as having telekinesis?

Yes but it seems different in some way because the voices tried to talk him out of killing himself. Given the name Legion, which I assume references the Biblical demon of that identification, I think he may have multiple personalities, or something in that vein. Could also explain the apparition of Lenny.
MaroonStain
AG
I think Legion refers to the multitude of personalities. The actor playing the lead is perfect for the part.
rtsingleton
AG
He completely absorbs people's psyches so think of it as they are now living inside his brain.
redline248
AG
Oh, and what's the deal with the fat, yellow-eyed thing he sees?
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

Oh, and what's the deal with the fat, yellow-eyed thing he sees?

No idea but it's creepy af.
redline248
AG
Dude, that is no lie
MaroonStain
AG
WAG...It's the Boogeyman from his childhood.

Wiki has a good background on this character.
redline248
AG
on his comic character, or this show? I know they don't have to be different, but they could be.
MaroonStain
AG
Comic
The Debt
AgsMnn
AG
Thank you
hunter2012
AG
Something tells me his "dad" is not a good person. The creepy bald dude keeps showing up around him...
TCTTS
AG
I thought tonight's episode was MUCH better than the pilot. Really digging how this story is being told and where it's going.

Also, this was an interesting observation...

Quad Dog
AG
What does everyone else think of Lenny (Aubrey Plaza) in this?
  • Was she his friend before the mental institution and they coincidentally went to the same institute at the same time? Then she died when David swapped bodies, and does she now only exist in his head?
  • Or is he retroactively putting her in memories and they first became friends in the institution?
  • Or has she never existed except in his head?
  • Who is the girlfriend mentioned in the psychiatrist sessions? Is Lenny and Philly the same person?

By the way, I always enjoy a show or movie that makes me use that many question marks.
TCTTS
AG
I'm pretty sure Lenny was real, they were friends before the institution, and then ultimately ended up in the institution together. If she wasn't real, how would Syd have seen/killed her? But yeah, now she obviously only exists in David's head. That said, I could be completely wrong. And the girlfriend thing has me stumped. Who was Philly?
MrPlow2010
AG
Philly was his college gf who he got into a fight with before he did the kitchen freak out. His sister also asked why he couldn't settle down with her and have a normal life because she gets him.

The black psychiatrist asking him questions happened before he went to the mental hospital because he had longer hair.
Madmarttigan
AG
It also appeared that the psychiatrist was being tortured or beaten and the division was taking the recordings of David from the office but it was dark not sure if I saw it right.
CorpsAg11
AG
So many questions:

1) Why did the closet crack open when he was with the therapist? What was in there?

2) i have similar questions about Lenny as others have voiced. Did they know each other before?

3) Why did Sydney seem to be unaware that she was communicating with David telepathically? That made me think maybe something was awry..

4) What the hell was the deal with the MRI tech guy?

5) Something is weird about David's dad. But i thought his dad was supposed to be Professor X? Was he adopted?
Bobcat06
AG
FYI Lenny was originally supposed to be a guy but Hawley thought Aubrey Plaza was perfect for the role so he cast her but didn't change any of the lines
gravy97
AG

Quote:

3) Why did Sydney seem to be unaware that she was communicating with David telepathically? That made me think maybe something was awry..

3) I got the impression he was reading her thoughts... so she would be unaware he was doing that until he mentioned it... but I may be way off

4) Yeah, him being Kary, but talking about Kary and then the helper being Kary... I have no idea what his deal is...
Sex Panther
AG
They are both named Cary/Kerry
redline248
AG
Lenny confuses the hell out of me. I feel like she was a real person, bc in the first episode doesn't the shrink interact with her (gestures to remove the head phones). Her being killed by Syd seems to be a real thing.

However, her being in his background prior to the hospital is quite a coincidence. It's possible his power projects her as having conversations with others in place of him. Perhaps Syd "killed" her projection?

Idk...it's all so hard be sure. Would the memory artist be able to see her in memories if she was made up? Plus, if he's not crazy, why would he make her up?
redline248
AG
I also wonder why he won't tell anyone about the fat, creepy thing. Syd saw when they switched, guess she hasn't told anyone either.

Another question, how did they not only mind switch, but then the physical bodies transformed, too?
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

I also wonder why he won't tell anyone about the fat, creepy thing. Syd saw when they switched, guess she hasn't told anyone either.

Another question, how did they not only mind switch, but then the physical bodies transformed, too?

They did the opposite of the classic "mind switch" trope. Their bodies actually traded places around their minds.
Trident 88
AG
I guess we have to assume that they switch minds, and then when the switch ends, their bodies follow their minds instead of the other way around.
TMoney2007
AG
I thought it was pretty funny when he momentarily felt himself up while he was inside Syd's body. Great little detail.
MooreTrucker
AG
gravy97 said:

Quote:

3) I got the impression he was reading her thoughts... so she would be unaware he was doing that until he mentioned it... but I may be way off

4) Yeah, him being Kary, but talking about Kary and then the helper being Kary... I have no idea what his deal is...

When they were in the woods and she thought "you're kinda cute" it was obvious that both knew they were communicating telepathically.
ramblin_ag02
AG
I'm really digging the visuals and never knowing what's real. I giggle when people start screwing with him not knowing how powerful he really is
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Debt
Fat thing = Shadow king?
TheDoctor
AG
I read somewhere that Harley has invented every character in the show except David which would imply the Devil with the Yellow Eyes not being Shadow King. But that could be wrong. I've also heard weird theories that he's Mojo.
redline248
AG
I love this show so much. Giant angry boy gives me the heebie jeebies more than the yellow devil.

So, running tab of powers:
Telepathic
Telekinesis
Teleportation
Some sort of extra planar walking...wtf
Madmarttigan
AG
The intrigue from the first episode has kept me going through these last two episodes. I don't expect them to unlock his mind in a day as that would be unrealistic considering how powerful he is and how much the yellow eyed demon is tampering with things. However, these past two episodes really haven't developed much of anything other than giving the same brief creepy glimpses over and over and show off a couple new abilities. Its been 3 episodes and no one has even recognized the elephant in the room that is the yellow eyed demon. I'm not sure if David forgets after every time he sees him or if he just wont tell them, and then no one else sees it in the memories.
redline248
AG
Syd just saw it, and we aren't sure if Melanie did, too. I think the show will probably have to address it soon.
Quad Dog
AG
redline248 said:

I love this show so much. Giant angry boy gives me the heebie jeebies more than the yellow devil.

Telepathic
Telekinesis
Teleportation
Reality warping. He altered the rooms in Clockworks to not have doors. Or more accurately Syd did while in his body.
redline248
AG
Quad Dog said:

redline248 said:

Telepathic
Telekinesis
Teleportation
Reality warping. He altered the rooms in Clockworks to not have doors. Or more accurately Syd did while in his body.
Yep. At first I wanted to just group that in with his telekinetic power. Have other telekinetic mutants reshaped matter before?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.