*** GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 ***

92,461 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dreyOO
israeliag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He died, came back to life; we don't know who his father is; he's skilled with wood; he can (assuming based on his material properties) walk on water; one of his good friend's name is Peter.
schmendeler
AG
his weakness is nails?
TexasAggie_02
AG
israeliag said:

He died, came back to life; we don't know who his father is; he's skilled with wood; he can (assuming based on his material properties) walk on water; one of his good friend's name is Peter.
you may be on to something. did Peter ever deny him 3 times in the first movie before his death?

Greater love hath no I am Groot than this, that a I am Groot lay down his life for We are Groot.
TexasAggie_02
AG
schmendeler said:

I don't know is this has been discussed already, but why did ego need Peter? All their power came from the same source. Adding another person wouldn't yield any more power.
maybe there is only so much light that can be pumped by one god (little "g") at a time. like filling a swimming pool up with a garden hose. there's unlimited water, but the conduit is too small. Peter gives him another conduit.
Bunk Moreland
Finally saw it, but didn't read the last 10 pages so I'm sure this has already all been said in one form or another.

Really liked it. I think it was just as good as the first.

Drax was the strongest performer for comedy. Great job.

Love that the used the 2nd movie to give the audience what they wanted after the first one and hit the high notes (opening credits with dancing groot off the heels of closing credits in vol. 1, etc)

Thought they handled the father/dad stuff great.

And the way they tied together a story line from episode 1 and they closed it basically allows them to hit the reset button for vol 3 and do whatever they want.

Very impressed with this franchise considering I basically don't see any other marvel movies outside of Logan and a random avengers here and there.
TCTTS
AG
wangus12
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
not everyone was a fan of baby groot

http://www.vulture.com/2017/05/baby-groot-is-bad.html

Quote:

A giant talking tree in the first Guardians film, Groot has been reborn as a baby after sacrificing himself to save the rest of his team. He's cute in an empirical, calculated way, with Disney-like saucer eyes, lil' paw-like hands and feet, and like the rest of the team, an incongruous taste for '70s jams. He's too perfect. You can't hate Baby Groot, which is exactly why Guardians would be better off without him.
Quote:

Somewhere around the second of three Baby Groot showcase scenes in Guardians 2, it becomes pretty clear that Baby Groot is holding the film back. He's a Funko doll no dimension whatsoever. Like a patient requesting more painkillers, the film cuts to Groot whenever it needs something cute. First the cuteness is endearing; then it's numbing; eventually it's just tedious.
Quote:

To my mind, Baby Groot is the worst of it a joke that consists of pointing at something you know is cute and saying, "You were right! That is cute!" That's not flattering, it's cynical.
Quote:

Perhaps it's too much to ask for Guardians 2, which basically just needs to ferry you from one big Marvel installment to the next, to aspire to something more than comfort.
?? This movie was pretty much a standalone film
fig96
AG
I seriously love James Gunn...

Full post: https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/posts/10154221233461157

Quote:

I work because I like telling stories. I work because I love the relationships I have with my collaborators. And I do it because I like connecting with people, and the easiest way I know how to do that is through filmmaking. I do it so that some kid in Thailand, or England, or Colombia, or Brazil, or Japan, or Russia, or anywhere, can hear the frequency of his or her own heart bouncing back off the Guardians.

They're a group of heartbroken misfits whose lives have been bereft of tenderness and connection and who have a nearly impossible time trusting themselves or others. But they're learning, one step at a time.

They are me. They are you. We are Groot.

And no matter how much world leaders are telling you we aren't in this together, we are. You are not alone.

Sex Panther
AG
What kind of jaded, miserable ******* doesn't like Baby Groot?
AliasMan02
AG
Not only that, but Groot's childlike presence in the group only reinforces the message of family in the film. Having someone physically vulnerable (not just emotionally) for the team to care for was vital.
MooreTrucker
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Quote:

Perhaps it's too much to ask for Guardians 2, which basically just needs to ferry you from one big Marvel installment to the next, to aspire to something more than comfort.

The guy pretty much missed every point in the movie, and the main things that make GotG so much fun, all the 70's and 80's music and stuff.

Sounds almost to me like one of those "gotta find something to complain about because I'm a 'critic' so I must criticize" types.
MooreTrucker
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Not only that, but Groot's childlike presence in the group only reinforces the message of family in the film. Having someone physically vulnerable (not just emotionally) for the team to care for was vital.
That scene in the big fight with Ego where he's trapped in the tunnel as it collapses on him and squashes him just killed me. Like tears in my eyes killed me.
Urban Ag
AG
I was actually expecting a lot more of baby Groot. Almost to the point that I thought DIsney would over play that hand so every kid in the world would be walking around with a Groot doll, figure, or Pop. But, I didn't come away from it at all thinking they over played it.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Austin man suing his date for texting during Guardians Vol 2

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/this-crazy-austin-man-sues-date-for-texting-during-movie/NVZRQcXkONqKuTtSTtX1JK/

Quote:

Brandon Vezmar, 37, of Austin filed the claim Thursday against his date. He is asking for $17.31, which was the price of the movie ticket to a 3D showing of "Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2," he told the American-Statesman Tuesday.
Quote:

"It was kind of a first date from hell," he said. About 15 minutes after the movie began, Vezmar said, his date started texting on her phone. "This is like one of my biggest pet peeves."
In the petition, Vezmar said the woman "activated her phone at least 10-20 times in 15 minutes to read and send text messages."
Vezmar said he asked her to stop but she refused. He said he told her that maybe she could go outside to text. She left the theater and never came back, Vezmar said.
Quote:

She also left in her car, which they had driven to the theater, leaving Vezmar without a ride, he said.
Damn, cold

Quote:

Update: Alamo Drafthouse CEO Tim League has offered a $17.31 gift certificate to settle the lawsuit an Austin man filed against his date for texting during a movie.
FL_Ag1998
AG
MooreTrucker said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Quote:

The guy pretty much missed every point in the movie, and the main things that make GotG so much fun, all the 70's and 80's music and stuff.

Sounds almost to me like one of those "gotta find something to complain about because I'm a 'critic' so I must criticize" types.

Yeah, it sounds like that guy didnt have fun with the movie, which I can't fathom. But I do think some people are going overboard with the baby Groot stuff. Or maybe some people just a had a beer or two before the movie, like TCTTS admitted to, and it made them a little more emotional than normal. Honestly, for me, none of the so-called heartbreaking scenes with Groot in the second movie (being abused by the Ravagers, the tunnel scene) came close to the impact of him sacrificing himself in the first movie. Actually, the Groot scenes in Guardians 2 had the least emotional impact out of all the characters, at least for me.
MooreTrucker
AG
You heartless *******!! Do you not have kids??? Or a dog?!?!?
MooreTrucker
Sea Pony 07
AG
I thought baby Groot was well done. The dancing to Mr. Bluesky in the beginning just made me feel happy. I felt the most emotional about baby Groot in the very end when he went to Dax - it was very melancholy bittersweet because I felt like Dax was thinking of his daughter when she was a baby (and I know that that is really reading into it, but the emotions (and tears) were running strong at that point).
FL_Ag1998
AG
MooreTrucker said:

You heartless *******!! Do you not have kids??? Or a dog?!?!?

Haha, yeah I actually watched it with my son. On second thought maybe I was just being strong and not wanting to cry in front of him.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Microsoft not pleased with free zune product placement.

http://www.nme.com/news/film/microsoft-objected-zune-joke-guardians-galaxy-vol-2-2073187
_lefraud_
AG
Thought it was awesome. I was entertained throughout and enjoyed it more than the first. I didn't find the first one as great as most, but volume two was really awesome, I'll definitely be seeing it again soon.

Lmao at Rocket making fun of Taserface
israeliag
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

http://www.nme.com/news/film/microsoft-objected-zune-joke-guardians-galaxy-vol-2-2073187

Fake? And I quote:

Quote:

However, he also pointed out that Microsoft's music device has a pivotal role in the film because it creates a bonding moment between Peter Grill and Baby Groot.
Cromagnum
AG
KidDoc
AG
israeliag said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Fake? And I quote:

Quote:

However, he also pointed out that Microsoft's music device has a pivotal role in the film because it creates a bonding moment between Peter Grill and Baby Groot.

Shoot MS should pay Marvel for the free ad. That product was a pretty large failure over the years.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TexasAggie_02
AG
israeliag said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Fake? And I quote:

Quote:

http://nerdist.com/11-spoilers-james-gunn-just-revealed-about-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2/

Quote:

Gunn mentioned that one of the funniest requests he gets is to release the Guardians soundtrack via Zunewho exactly is asking this ridiculous request is beyond me. Gunn said they reached out to Microsoft before the movie about the Zune appearance and Microsoft wanted nothing to do with the link to their failed media player. However, Gunn plans to use this newfound Zune interest (again, who are you?) to benefit the Rainforest Trust, by auctioning off an actual screen accurate Zune autographed by the cast.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i'm surprised that they didn't go with the sony discman. they jumped straight from cassette to digital. Quill's gonna be pissed when he realizes that the Zune has DRM protections on it
Bockaneer
AG
me too... miss my disc man on a stick so I could play it through the cassette deck in the car and not skip the cd

schmendeler
AG
A mini disc would have been funny as well. But the zune was excellent.
80s Guy
Finally got free to take the man child to see it. Different type of movie that sets up well going forward.
spanky
AG
Really was a beautiful movie...on the inside
fig96
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

i'm surprised that they didn't go with the sony discman. they jumped straight from cassette to digital. Quill's gonna be pissed when he realizes that the Zune has DRM protections on it
Luckily in his case there's no pressing need to share his music with friends.
SeattleAgJr
http://imgur.com/gallery/a1P38
TCTTS
AG
I truly do not understand how clueless people can be sometimes. You would basically have to have never seen a commercial for it, which means likely not watching TV at all since it was advertised on nearly every channel, not have any idea who Chris Pratt is, not have any idea who Michael Fassbender is, and yet be someone who would go to the theater in a movie's first three weeks of release. How does that kind of person exist?
AggieSouth06
I haven't seen either movie yet but based on the feedback on here, Rocket showing up to save those dumbasses from getting space-owned would have improved the Alien movie substantially.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.