*** GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 ***

92,434 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dreyOO
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

MrPlow2010
AgMarauder04
AG
I bet Jeff Sneider is a lot of fun at parties.
wangus12
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm gonna be edgy and different so that people follow my Twitter.
AgMarauder04
AG
wangus12 said:

TCTTS said:

What kind of dewsh acts like his opinion is the "voice of reason" when everyone else is taking a different viewpoint?
The Collective
AG

I think you can take the middle without calling yourself "the voice of reason".
Quinn
AG
Can't wait for this! Glad to see it's getting good reviews. GoG is one of my all time favorite movies.

I wonder what he means by "There are a lot of spoilers in GoG V2" ? I'm guessing that its poor phrasing and he means that the movie could be easily spoiled bc of lots of surprises in the movie?
The Collective
AG
That's my interpretation. It's a warning to move carefully about the Internet the next two weeks.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
wangus12 said:

TCTTS said:

Obviously I have not seen the movie as yet, but I am laughing at this guy calling himself the "voice of reason" when everyone else is saying they loved it. Yeah, this guy sounds about as much fun as a mortician.
Capitol Ag
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

wangus12 said:

TCTTS said:

Obviously I have not seen the movie as yet, but I am laughing at this guy calling himself the "voice of reason" when everyone else is saying they loved it. Yeah, this guy sounds about as much fun as a mortician.
His tweet reads like a common Texags post...
rhutton125
AG
I think highly anticipated sequels can fall victims to two things:

1) Trying too hard to recapture the magic of the original

2) Over-deification from fans, and nothing could possibly live up to expectations

We'll see which is more true for this guy. Could be the latter, but maybe some jokes will feel forced. I like what I hear from James Gunn though - avoiding the "bigger and better" sequel trap, or the "what's our Dance-Off moment in this one" kind of repeat-thinking.
TCTTS
AG
Those of you bashing one critic for not 100% loving it are just as absurd as you're making his "voice of reason" comment to be. Having not even seen the movie for yourselves yet and reacting that way comes across as such a cliche fanboy trope.

It's so funny - when I post only glowing reactions of a movie like this, inevitably I get the "take these with a grain of salt" comments in combination with people accusing me of over-hyping the movie. But whenever I try to mix in either a not-100%-in-love-with-it or negative review, people bash that reviewer (or reviewers) for not falling in line with everyone else.

You can have your opinions about reviews, just don't let them be so entitled, unfair, or cliched.
Red Dane
TCTTS said:

Those of you bashing one critic for not 100% loving it are just as absurd as you're making his "voice of reason" comment to be. Having not even seen the movie for yourselves yet and reacting that way comes across as such a cliche fanboy trope.

It's so funny - when I post only glowing reactions of a movie like this, inevitably I get the "take these with a grain of salt" comments in combination with people accusing me of over-hyping the movie. But whenever I try to mix in either a not-100%-in-love-with-it or negative review, people bash that reviewer (or reviewers) for not falling in line with everyone else.

You can have your opinions about reviews, just don't let them be so entitled, unfair, or cliched.
The vast majority of reviews were positive. So, they were unreasonable? I think reasonable people can disagree. The reviewer clearly does not, even when most people apparently disagree with him. That does come off as condescending to the other reviews and smug regardless of accuracy.
Fenrir
TCTTS said:

I don't see anybody bashing him for "not falling in line" or having a different opinion.
Ulrich
I just think it's important that we maintain our reputation for unreasonably criticizing literally everything.
TCTTS
AgMarauder04
AG
Red Dane said:

TCTTS said:

The vast majority of reviews were positive. So, they were unreasonable? I think reasonable people can disagree. The reviewer clearly does not, even when most people apparently disagree with him. That does come off as condescending to the other reviews and smug regardless of accuracy.
That's pretty much it. Hell, he could have said "I disagree with the consensus and believe the movie is...."

Instead, the language he chose disparaged every critics opinion different than his.
Capitol Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

This is the internet you know. There's no place for rational thought or discussion!
MooreTrucker
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

wangus12 said:

TCTTS said:

What kind of dewsh acts like his opinion is the "voice of reason" when everyone else is taking a different viewpoint?
There's always got to be the "keeping it real" "tap the breaks" guy. Don't you TexAgs Premium at all?
The Collective
AG
I do not consider myself a Marvel fan boy... just thought the wording by the reviewer was douchy.
TajMaballer
AG
My big takeaway from this convo is people spell ******y differently than me and I don't know which is right.

Edit: oh... that's why
G Martin 87
AG
Moving on to a more fun topic:

The soundtrack releases on April 28! Cannot wait.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

can't speak for everybody, but my only issue with that guy was the "hate to be the voice of reason" comment. when you start off by acting like a d-bag, don't be surprised when the rest of your comments are dismissed as being from a d-bag.

that said, his observation that what felt fresh about the first one now felt forced was one of my biggest concerns. I think the first one was awesome, but part of that was definitely because it was a relatively unknown source material. it had the element of being a "surprise" hit...or as much of a surprise as a MCU film can be.

that being said, every MCU film gets the benefit of the doubt and there's really nothing anybody could have said that would keep me from seeing it.
Duncan Idaho
TajMaballer said:

My big takeaway from this convo is people spell ******y differently than me and I don't know which is right.

Edit: oh... that's why
staff doesn't like women to feel as fresh as a country road after a spring rain
Scotty Flamingo
Don't like Jeff Snider anyways. He's the movie trivia schmoedown team champ
FightinTexasAg15
AG
According to reddit don't leave the theater. There's five post credit scenes
Rex Racer
AG
derekjohnson15 said:

According to reddit don't leave the theater. There's five post credit scenes
I read four. But in any case, I won't leave until they chase me out of there.
MooreTrucker
AG
Same here. I don;t leave until the lights come up.
FightinTexasAg15
AG

I agree though, I can't wait.
Rex Racer
AG
derekjohnson15 said:

Awesome!
The Debt
Based on the blushy smile face regarding the 5th credit scene, we can assume it's some sort of groot cuteness.
TexasAggie_02
AG
derekjohnson15 said:

so did the reporters miscount, or are they holding one back for the premiere?
Capitol Ag
AG
One of my favorite parts of Deadpool is the Ferris Bueller spoof in the credits. Greatness. I seem to wait through credits now at a lot of movies, it's become a running joke with my wife and I. Even in Rogue One, we waited it out.
wangus12
AG
The Debt said:

Based on the blushy smile face regarding the 5th credit scene, we can assume it's some sort of groot cuteness.
You mean Gootness
LeonardSkinner
It comes out this week, yet the thread is on page 3...

I was strolling through wally world and saw the soundtrack.

1."Mr. Blue Sky" Electric Light Orchestra
2."Fox on the Run" Sweet
3."Lake Shore Drive" Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah
4."The Chain" Fleetwood Mac
5."Bring It On Home to Me" Sam Cooke
6."Southern Nights" Glen Campbell
7."My Sweet Lord" George Harrison
8."Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" Looking Glass
9."Come a Little Bit Closer" Jay and the Americans
10."Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang" Silver
11."Surrender" Cheap Trick
12."Father and Son" Cat Stevens
13."Flash Light" Parliament
14."Guardians Inferno" The Sneepers featuring David Hasselhoff

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/inside-the-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-soundtrack-w477515

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.