Stranger Things - new Netflix series

100,617 Views | 569 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 45-70Ag
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So just started watching this week and I can't stop. ( No I haven't read the thread so I can avoid spoilers.)

Interesting thing is I don't typically enjoy sci-fi stuff. I was never an X-Files fan (probably seen only a couple episodes) or anything like that. However, I watched it on a friends rec and I can't stop watching it.

Everything from the characters, to the set, to the music, to the story and suspense just keeps me watching. I'm only 4 episodes in and I'm loving it.
PooDoo
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Sorry RPM, not to bust on you too much, but I just came across a post you made about Charlie Strong back in 2011 when we were in the market for a new coach...

Quote:

My gut instinct means nada but gut instinct feels better about Strong over Sumlin or Smart.

Man....Strong over Sumlin...too much 80's vibe in a movie dedicated to the 80's....you should probably stop listening to your gut if you haven't already.

Give Strong JFF & the SEC and there might not be much difference.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
KidDoc
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

That is pretty decent!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KeithDBsSock
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d2/a5/e4/d2a5e49a7b2e86eba5eeef6e07e3bfac.jpg

Save
Sex Panther
AG
You got perma'd?
jabberwalkie09
AG
KeithDBsSock said:

Save

Sorry but Sex Panther's question is the real joke!
BringJackieBack89
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

YouBet
AG
israeliag said:

I've been a bit too into Synthwave lately. For those who enjoyed the original soundtrack of the show, give these a try (if only for their perfect names and album art):
The Midnight
Timecop1983
Night Runner
Com Truise
Dude. Props for these links.
SouthTex99
AG
Just finished this. My goodness it was fantastic. Can't wait for Season 2, July 2017.

That is all.
FancyKetchup14
AG
I just finished up this show after starting it earlier this week. Very well done, I loved it. I thought the actors who played the kids kicked ass, the music was great, and the story line got me hooked. Can't wait to see what they do with season 2.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sean Astin cast for season 2.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/07/stranger-things-season-2-cast-goonies-aliens
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Sean Astin cast for season 2.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/07/stranger-things-season-2-cast-goonies-aliens

Oh that is brilliant
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If he doesn't make a "never say die" joke, the Duffer Bros have failed bigly.
Ag_07
AG
I like it!

Also nice to see that they're extending the storyline outside of Hawkins.

Can't wait!
MrPlow2010
AG
Hope it can bring back the same level of greatness to season 2. Ready for this to come back
PatAg
AG
Paul Reiser in a villain role, could be amazing. They also listed him as "Aliens, and Whiplash)...maybe Mad About You would have been what I started with for him.
srx
AG
PatAg said:

Paul Reiser in a villain role, could be amazing. They also listed him as "Aliens, and Whiplash)...maybe Mad About You would have been what I started with for him.
Aliens is a classic 80's action flick with Reiser as the villain, and Whiplash is just a great movie. Makes sense to me.

Anyway, I love the new additions to the cast. Looks like they have all the elements they need for another great season.
Scotch
AG
I loved "My Two Dads" but couldn't stand Reiser in "Mad About You".
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Finished it last night after the wife turned me on to it last weekend. Like many of you, this was right in my wheel house as I was born in 74.
I think most have summed it up pretty well in this thread. Like an earlier poster though, while I loved the nostalgia and really enjoyed the show, I just didn't think it was the best thing EVER. I'd give it an A- or B+. Very, very solid and entertaining.

Also, I haven't watched the "all 80's references from Stranger Things" videos posted in this thread yet (thread took almost as much time to read as watching the show did ) but two references jumped out to me while watching:
1) when Jonathan is beating Steve to a pulp in the alley, the freckle faced lackey punk says "he's had enough man!!". Pulled straight from The Karate Kid.
2) when the kids are hiding in the bus and Dustin is saying that he doesn't have a good feeling about it, Lucas says something like "You never have a good feeling about anything!". That was a nod to Platoon.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Could it be a reference to Star Wars? "I have a bad feeling about this"? Not to mention the name Lucas.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Could it be a reference to Star Wars? "I have a bad feeling about this"? Not to mention the name Lucas.

Ah, I hadn't even considered that! GREAT catch.
It just really reminded me of the scene right before the major firefight at the end of the movie when John C. McGinley's character is about in tears begging Tom Berenger to let him sit this one out. "I got a real bad feeling about this one".....""When was the last time you felt good about anything?".

But yeah, given the context, the Han like makes a lot of sense.
Bruce Almighty
AG
The nostalgia made the show. If it was set in present time, the show would have been good, but nothing special.
Sex Panther
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Then why do people who weren't born in the 80's find it to be one of the best things Netflix has done?
Bruce Almighty
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Then why do people who weren't born in the 80's find it to be one of the best things Netflix has done?
I dont know, maybe because their opinions of the show are different than mine.
NoahAg
Finally watched this. I'm not a syfy geek at all, but this show is great. 11 was phenomenal. My wife even liked the show. Couple of random observations:

-Can't remember what episode, or the context, but there was a scene where something happened, 11 started crying and said to Mike that she's the real monster. Maybe there is something to her possibly "manifesting" the creature?

-Was anyone else surprised that the nerdy science teacher was dating a hot female?

-I didn't read all 14 pages, but is it possible Will could be becoming another creature?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just won the SAG Award for Best Ensemble.

DCJAG
Thier acceptance speech was cringe worthy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Are you serious? People loved it.

redd38
AG
How drunk was Winona Ryder?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Whether you agree with his message or not, he's a great speaker.
Mr. White
"Great acting can change the world..."

They just can't help themselves.

Can't wait for season 2
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hah, just noticed her faces throughout that speech. There will be many memes.
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Are you serious? People loved it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.