*****Avengers: Age of Ultron discussion*****

69,165 Views | 447 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by rhutton125
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Still would.
3, then 1 & 2, then 3+1+2.
Post removed:
by user
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:
Oh and witch at the end when she was at the avengers academy, looked WAY HOT!

you'd enjoy "old boy" starring josh brolin, then.
It is hard to find those scenes hot when you know what is going on
schmendeler
AG
i'm not that immersed.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Oh and witch at the end when she was at the avengers academy, looked WAY HOT!

you'd enjoy "old boy" starring josh brolin, then.
It is hard to find those scenes hot when you know what is going on

Doesn't matter had sex
AMW2010
AG

Iron Man: "Guys, lets talk about this."
(Shoots everyone)
Iron Man: "That was a good talk!"
Injured Guard: "No it wasn't!"

Black Widow: "Thor, report on the Hulk."
Thor: "The gates of hell are filled with the screams of his victims!"

Maria Hill (To Iron Man): "Lab's all set up boss."
Iron Man (pointing at Cap America): "Actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything, and design everything and make everyone look cooler."

Maria Hill (About the twins): "File says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. That's nuts."
Captain America: "Right, what kind of monster would let a German Scientist experiment on them to protect their country?"

Thor: "See, this was aged for a thousand years, and the barrels built from the wreak of Gronhill's fleet. It is not meant for mortal men.
Stan Lee: "Neither was Omaha beach, blondie!"

Captain America: "Look, as the world's leading authority on waiting too long..."

Captain America: "Ultron killed Strucker."
Iron Man: "And he did a Banksy at the crime scene."

Ultron: "As I always say, keep your friends rich, and your enemies rich, and then find out which is which."

Nick Fury (about Ultron): "The guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit."

Hawkeye: "The city is flying! We're fighting an army of robots! And I have a bow and arrow! None of this makes sense!"

Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."
Sex Panther
AG
Some great lines... the movie really was hilarious.

I was watching Avengers 1 yesterday and forgot about this line. One of the funniest in any Marvel movie.

AMW2010
AG
The vision line at the end was classic, we'll I was born yesterday haha... And I liked the running joke from cap about watching their language and they give him crap when he says ****
AliasMan02
AG
Might need to see it again this week.
agmag90
Just saw it last night, here are two other ones I thought were hilarious

Thor: No one needs to break anything
Ultron: Clearly you've never made an omelette
Ironman: Literally beat me by a second

Hawkeye(aiming arrow at quicksilver): No one would ever know. I don't know, last time I saw him Ultron was sitting on him. I'm gonna miss that little bast*rd
TCTTS
AG
Great read on the respective character arcs in the movie...

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/05/12/earths-mightiest-monsters-the-character-arcs-of-avengers-age-of-ultron
FTACO97
AG
quote:

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/05/12/earths-mightiest-monsters-the-character-arcs-of-avengers-age-of-ultron
Love his breakdown of Tony Stark. I've recognized most of that story arc as I watch the films and it's why Tony is still my favorite character. I think quite a bit of the arc has been missed by many and why he's still seen as a cocky jerk by a lot of people.
double aught
AG
quote:

That guy has a lot of time on his hands.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:

That guy has a lot of time on his hands.

It's his job.
FTACO97
AG
quote:

This really makes me want to go see it again, had already been planning to.

Also wonder if Feige reads this and thinks this guy stole his notes :-)
A Person
AG
Finally saw it and loved it.

Didn't read the whole thread, but saw someone else mention Vision's "I am...I am" line. What were thoughts on that? It definitely defined my perception of the character.
KidDoc
AG
Really enjoyed it on imax but the 3d was meh for sure.

Great flick, great humor and great action. Like many others mentioned I'm looking forward to the director's cut as it seemed like a ton of Thor's storyline, which seems super important to the MCU big picture, was cut. It was nice to get a bit more Black Widow back story.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jackie childs
i'm not a comic book reader and maybe i missed it from AoU, but what exactly makes ultron and vision so different? i'm not talking physical difference (robot v. android), but rather personality-wise?

both were "programmed" by tony, right?

both received the AI from the mind stone, right?

so if the underlying programs were both written by tony and the same device gave them AI, then why are they so dramatically different?

did i just miss something?

TexasAggie_02
AG
JARVIS
jackie childs
but jarvis was also developed by tony, right?
The Debt
My take is that:

Ultron = Mind Stone + snippets of Tony Stark's subconscious (via the directives to protect Earth) (also, his personality)
Vision = Mind Stone + Tony Stark's codified programs of protection (his deliberate consciousness)

Jarvis has been taking orders since IM1 as an extension of Tony's intentional "hero decision-making".
dcaggie04
AG
Tony didn't really "program" Ultron. He and Banner just "completed" the underlying AI that Tony found in Loki's staff.
KidDoc
AG
My understanding of Ultron's creation was that they were simply trying different settings and programs to graft the ai from the staff (mind stone) directly into the computer to allow them to handshake and establish communication. When the algorithm stumbled on a handshake that worked the corrupt ai took over and beat up Jarvis who fled to the cloud to hide and rebuild and sabotage Ultron's attempts to get nuke codes.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FTACO97
AG
quote:
Tony didn't really "program" Ultron. He and Banner just "completed" the underlying AI that Tony found in Loki's staff.
This.

And Tony and Banner had not completed Ultron. They had given up as each simulation they tried ended in failure. The corrupt AI turned itself on.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
This.

And Tony and Banner had not completed Ultron. They had given up as each simulation they tried ended in failure. The corrupt AI turned itself on.
They hadn't actually given up, just kinda left the algorithm running on it's own. It got a hit when they were otherwise occupied and created itself into Ultron.
Post removed:
by user
redline248
AG
As it turns out, he didn't want them (or maybe he did and couldn't get them). The humans assumed that would be how he could ensure destruction/extinction.
KidDoc
AG
I know Stark said that something (jarvis) was keeping the nuke codes safe. I'm not sure but when Scarlet Witch flipped sides after seeing Ultron's thoughts in Vision I thought what she saw was an icbm coming down from space but that could have been an assumption by me.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Why would he want nukes when he can drop land masses. Nukes seen so archaic in the mcu

I think that was just whedon covering his ass. If they hadn't mentioned the nukes, everyone would be b#!+&ing 'why didn't he just nuke everything like skynet? Why go through this elaborate plan?'
Phat32
AG
Saw it yesterday. Thought it was good, not great. A couple of observations:

1. Not enough Vision.
2. Humor was great.
3. Not enough primary Avenger and too much second tier Avenger focus.
4. Ultron toed the line of funny villain - wish he was more menacing.
5. The Avengers seemed to figure out Ultron's purpose very quick. Wish they'd spent some time following him around the globe instead of the stupid fear dreams.
YouBet
AG
quote:
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they thought Vision and SW end up together. I definitely remember them being a couple in the comics during the '70s, and it was always tough for Vision to reconcile this relationship with the fact that he is an artificial life form.

I have the first issue of their comic.

A few things:
1. Where was Klawe in this movie?
2. Idris Elba has the greatest voice ever.
3. Shocked Tim Tebow lost as much weight as he did to play Quicksilver.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they thought Vision and SW end up together. I definitely remember them being a couple in the comics during the '70s, and it was always tough for Vision to reconcile this relationship with the fact that he is an artificial life form.

A few things:
1. He was there. You must have missed him when you went to pee like I did.
2. James Earl Jones says hello.
3. OK, that's pretty funny.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
quote:

A few things:

1. He was the guy that got his arm cut off by up from
2. Sam Elliott
3. That's kick ass
Bruce Almighty
AG
Y'all are all wrong. The Allstate guy is the answer to #2.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Y'all are all wrong. The Allstate guy is the answer to #2.

Vern Gosdin

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.