*****Avengers: Age of Ultron discussion*****

69,160 Views | 447 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by rhutton125
AMW2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just saw AOU! Private screening.... We'll I was the only one at the 1045 showing... Lol so it was awesome! So does Klaw actually get a claw hand? That was a short lived scene... I could use a breakdown 101 on this movie now!
nickstro66
AG
Klawe should get a claw hand and will probably become the primary villain for Black Panther
schmendeler
AG
I had no idea that was Gollum when I watched it.
Red Five
AG
quote:
Klawe should get a claw hand
Not exactly...

But seriously I doubt MCU Klaw is anything like this.

Actually "doubt" probably isn't strong enough. I'm mostly very sure that MCU Klaw wont be anything like that. They've already radically departed from his back story (not in a bad way).
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
And Ceasar
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
And Ceasar
And King Kong
annie88
AG
I enjoyed it very much. Loved Spader's voice as well. Missed Loki, though.
AMW2010
AG
When I saw vision I was like holy crap that's the guy from a knights tale... Then I couldn't get image out of my head...

When the movie first starts and it does the comic book thing, and shows marvel productions... I've never noticed anything in that, but I swore I saw the black panther logo...

Also when hulk/iron man explode that building, was it called DC? Like a jab at them?

So falcon wasn't a player because he is out looking for the winter soldier/Bucky...

Who is Friday? Just a female voice for Jarvis?

New round of avengers will be cap, widow, witch, war machine, falcon and vision?

Was that the water hole everyone thought it was that Thor jumped in?

I really wanted Klaw to be attacked but a cuttlefish lol

Who is Von striker?

What witch showed them, will it eventually come true? So iron man will eventually be the only one to live?

Was the black guy Thor was with on his dream state the gate keeper at Asgard?
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
When I saw vision I was like holy crap that's the guy from a knights tale... Then I couldn't get image out of my head...

Holey carp! That is something I totally did not pick up on!!
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Was the black guy Thor was with on his dream state the gate keeper at Asgard?

Yes. Heimdall.
redline248
AG
Witch's visions aren't of the future, but rather her target's greatest fear. Tony's fear is watching all his friends (and the world) die and not being able to do anything to stop it.

I'm also a little fuzzy on how Witch and Quicksilver got their powers for this movie.

The black guy was the Asgardian gatekeeper, Heimdahl (spelling?)
TCTTS
AG
Ha, Paul Bettany has been the voice of Jarvis since the first Iron Man.
rhutton125
AG
Yep, that's him. Idris Elba. That's why Thor says something like "what happened to your eyes?" - Heimdall is the one that can see everything.

Not sure where Thor's water cave is - it's a scene that was heavily trimmed down in editing. Perhaps in a director's cut or delete scene we'll have a better understanding of where the heck that was. Regardless, it served its purpose.

I think Friday is just one of several VIs that Tony has to help run his suit. A JARVIS replacement, basically.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I'm also a little fuzzy on how Witch and Quicksilver got their powers for this movie.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

They volunteered to be experimented on by HYRDA after their village was destroyed by Imperialist America and Tony Stark weaponry. Pretty sure the experiments were via the infinity stone in Loki's Sceptre. Maybe not...

In the comics they are mutants, but there are no mutants in the MCU so that's what they came up with instead.
AggieLitigator
quote:
quote:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

They volunteered to be experimented on by HYRDA after their village was destroyed by Imperialist America and Tony Stark weaponry. Pretty sure the experiments were via the infinity stone in Loki's Sceptre. Maybe not...

In the comics they are mutants, but there are no mutants in the MCU so that's what they came up with instead.

Correct. And I think eventually we will find out the reason that they are the only two to survive the experiments are because they are inhumans
AMW2010
AG
Oh and witch at the end when she was at the avengers academy, looked WAY HOT!
redline248
AG
Yeah, I guess I just didn't buy the explanation of the experiments. Although, since Vision was able to use the infinity stone to shoot laser beams, I guess it can be used to enhance biology. Oh well.

I know they are mutants in the comics.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
I read an interesting article this weekend: Paul Bettany was told by a movie producer 10 minutes before he got the call from Whedon that they wanted him to play Vision that his movie career was over. Apparently it did impact him, because he said he just went ouside and sat down on a curb. Then got the call. I'm really glad for the guy, I hope this revamps his career.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Yeah, I guess I just didn't buy the explanation of the experiments. Although, since Vision was able to use the infinity stone to shoot laser beams, I guess it can be used to enhance biology. Oh well.

well, they don't say in the movies; but on Agents of SHIELD, Hydra had experimented on inhumans. It's possible the quicksilver and scarlet witch could have been inhumans (or maybe they won't go there). Either way, Hydra had been trying to build more powered people (like cap, red skull) to fight their battles for them.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I read an interesting article this weekend: Paul Bettany was told by a movie producer 10 minutes before he got the call from Whedon that they wanted him to play Vision that his movie career was over. Apparently it did impact him, because he said he just went ouside and sat down on a curb. Then got the call. I'm really glad for the guy, I hope this revamps his career.
I hope so, too. I think he's really good.
AMW2010
AG
Best image I could find...

R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:

well, they don't say in the movies; but on Agents of SHIELD, Hydra had experimented on inhumans. It's possible the quicksilver and scarlet witch could have been inhumans (or maybe they won't go there). Either way, Hydra had been trying to build more powered people (like cap, red skull) to fight their battles for them.
That's my take as well. I'm going to imagine that they had the "genetic potential" for powers within them. Now if you want to say that's because they are "Inhumans" or "mutants" it's up to you...
schmendeler
AG
quote:

you'd enjoy "old boy" starring josh brolin, then.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:

you'd enjoy "old boy" starring josh brolin, then.

Or Martha Marcy May Marlene

she aint shy...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thanks for the heads up!
redline248
AG
I didn't even realize until just now she is the sister of Mary Kate and Ashley. Knew the last name but didn't make the connection. Crazy (sort of) that she'll be a bigger/better actress than them.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Thanks for the heads up!

It's actually a good movie too. Her scene in Oldboy is great, but the movie is garbage.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
quote:
Thanks for the heads up!

It's actually a good movie too. Her scene in Oldboy is great, but the movie is garbage.

yeah. the plot seems like something cartman would come up with to get revenge on someone on southpark.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
I didn't even realize until just now she is the sister of Mary Kate and Ashley. Knew the last name but didn't make the connection. Crazy (sort of) that she'll be a bigger/better actress than them.
Well, to be fair to the twins, they made enough money to retire their future grandchildren before they could even drive and then decided to quit acting.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Olsen Twins used to be so hot. What a waste.

Lizzie definitely makes up for them though.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
Well, to be fair to the twins, they made enough money to retire their future grandchildren before they could even drive and then decided to quit acting.
Weren't they at A&M for awhile?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Choice is so easy it ain't even a choice.
The Debt
Imagine the amount of coke those girls roll in each night.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Left twin looks like she'd snort a line right off your d--k.
double aught
AG
Still would.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.