The Last Man On Earth

30,548 Views | 289 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by COOL LASER FALCON
Yoda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agreed. I enjoy the show, but Phil is really a jerk 95% of the time. I wonder when they will get around to showing us what they were all like before the world fell apart.
COOL LASER FALCON
I read somewhere that their goal was to get you to go back on forth on liking Carol or liking Phil. I think they've done a pretty good job of that so far.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
I'm glad someone else was as put off by him as I was these last two episodes. About halfway through the second episode of the night I turned to my wife and said something to the effect of "Okay, he's made his point. Time to move on." I can't take much more of that.
Whitetail
AG
He spent 2 years of his life being a boy, I expect that it will take some time for him to grow up.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
That's not really the problem. It was his constant begging for January Jones to **** him. Dude, there are two women left on earth (that we know about) and she is one of them. Slow it down and play it cool...the odds are in your favor as time goes by.
Saxsoon
AG
And the while "fats" conversation was so Damn insulting that he thought that would make her change her mind.
Dro07
AG
For some reason I think that Tom is full of crap with all his stories.
Whitetail
AG
That's because all of us have a heightened sense of awareness after going through the Barnes thing recently. The dude had a massive scar.
Dro07
AG
ya but it could have been anything and not giving his kidney to his dying 13 year old brother... I dunno i guess i am watching too much walking dead where i wouldn't trust people
Saxsoon
AG
In this show, I am pretty certain they are setting it up that you can trust most people in the apocalypse, except Phil
LHIOB
AG
Two more great episodes last night
LHIOB
Quinn
AG
I do think they need to make Phil at least a little bit more likable, which won't happen next week in two weeks according to the preview. Still becoming one of my favorite shows already.
Fresh Off The Boat
They are making Will Forte rather unbearable. This is a weird take on most standard rom-com/sitcoms.

Also, I think January Jones is much hotter in the 70s than present day. Still a hard 1 regardless.
Saxsoon
AG
I actually find her incredibly attractive in the apocalypse
R0GUE
AG
Seems like Todd has come along and ruined everything for poor Phil. Including the name of the show! He's not even the Last Man on Earth anymore. Friggin' Todd!

(BTW anyone else who watches Better Call Saul, did you notice that Todd is Slippin' Jimmys partner from the old days?)
Dread Pirate Roberts
I agree with the other posts about Phil being too annoying.

I really like the throwback to the old days of television where the show basically had one storyline. Its a refreshing change of pace. You just can't do it with today's attitudes like the way Phil is acting. Back then, people liked Andy Taylor, Lucy, and the other main characters, so it was easy to watch. The show needs to choose whether he's more likeable or have multiple story lines other than him chasing Melissa to reduce the frustration. This show is so close to greatness and so close to me not watching it anymore because Phil's wearing me out.
Whitetail
AG
quote:

This show is so close to greatness and so close to me not watching it anymore because Phil's wearing me out.
quote:

Smokes With Cigarettes
Count me in the group that thinks January Jones is even hotter than from her American pie days.
rhutton125
AG
Was loving the show until these last two. I'm still on board, but I'm getting over-Forte'd by Phil's attitude, as several others have mentioned.

The show needs to be about more than Phil wanting to bang Melissa, and fast, because that plotline has run out of steam lately.
PJYoung
AG
quote:
Was loving the show until these last two.

Yep. I am ready for a change of some kind to win me back.
Quinn
AG
Honestly, I kind of wish they had stuck with just Phil for a few more episodes, and then just Phil and Carol for a couple episodes. It would be fun to see some flashbacks to Phil just doing stupid stuff by himself.
Shelton98
AG
I gave this show a shot... watched episodes 2-5. Chuckled once in episode 2. I'm out.
et98
AG
The show really needs to be more of a modernized & adult version of Gilligan's Island than what it is. In GI, every character had their flaws and were somewhat annoying at times, but they were all very likable and they all got along.

The Howells were both snobby and lazy. Ginger was prissy & lazy. Gilligan was a moron. The Skipper was a moron and didn't know it. Mary Ann was simple and not that bright. The Professor was a know-it-all without much personality. But they all seemed to like each other and were liked by us.

As of right now on LMOE, however, they have a similar dynamic except for the fact that Phil is ruining the show. It would be OK if he's stupid, selfish, sophomoric, lazy, and even a d-bag as long as he's likable...but Phil is not likable at the moment.

gigemags-99
AG
quote:
I gave this show a shot... watched episodes 2-5. Chuckled once in episode 2. I'm out.

Did you watch episode 1?...maybe that's your issue.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:

Did you watch episode 1?...maybe that's your issue.
PJD Ag 10
AG
Best comedy out right now. Just genius.
israeliag
AG
I wish they'd give Phil some breaks. I'd be miserable as him too if I went through what he has.

I mean - I would have murdered Todd by now to get in January Jone's pants.
LHIOB
AG
Forte you sly SOB
Quinn
AG
I guess she really loves SNL guys.
Dread Pirate Roberts
quote:
I guess she really loves SNL guys.
Has she dated other SNL guys?
Quinn
AG
Jason Sudeikis - possibly her baby's daddy.
Dread Pirate Roberts
/\ Thanks, I'm out of the loop on celebrity news these days. I guess that's a sign I'm getting old.
bedofbrass33
AG
Currently on the episode where Phil takes Todd out into the desert to leave him. If I'm Todd I take out Phil and claim both women as my own.
Quinn
AG
quote:
Currently on the episode where Phil takes Todd out into the desert to leave him. If I'm Todd I take out Phil and claim both women as my own.

You're rooting for some friggin' fat guy??

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.