***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

598,169 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by The Debt
TheCougarHunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Knew stannis days were numbered the episode he left castle black with his army. Could just tell things weren't going to turn out well for him.

Even though I no longer had any respect for the man after he burned his daughter he was a great character. Kinda like when Shane died in walking dead. Didn't like the guy but he was a good character
LHIOB
AG
Wouldn't matter if you were a book reader
redline248
AG
Sansa, yes.

Reek, f no
Stive
AG
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
Don't understand why anyone took that scene as any kind of suicide.

The truth is in the middle. They were both fully prepared to kill themselves instead of facing Ramsey. They would do whatever it takes to escape including a suicidal jump off the wall.

Season 6 begins with crippled Sansa and Reek captured in Ramsey's dungeon. Ramsey continues to be undefeated.
COOL LASER FALCON
I could see that. Especially now that she called Brienne for help.
PooDoo
AG
All those Russians that jump off the roofs of those buildings into the snow on youtube seem to survive mostly unscathed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So now that the show is officially caught up, are people okay if I post the passage about Jon Snow's death? It provides what I think is a big hint as to what is to come.
redline248
AG
For someone who doesn't read the books, you sure do read a lot about the books.
chipotle
Yeah, theon and sansa are fine:

Stive
AG
WTF?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
For someone who doesn't read the books, you sure do read a lot about the books.
The quote is all over the place on reddit today. Books are caught up.
Squirrel Master
AG
Seems like there is another thread you can go and talk about that on.
AgLaw02
AG
quote:
I'm not sure the commoners love the sparrows. Most commoners want to drink (they dumped out all the wine), want to sex around (they shut down the brothels), and other crap that the faith is now stamping out.

If Tommen had any balls, the Lanister army + gold cloaks + kings guard would annihilate the sparrows.
Then why haven't the Lannisters done it yet? Even though Tommen can't make a decision, someone in the Red Keep (Kevan?) could make it happen if they wanted to. It's a mix of inaction from Tommen, personal dislike of Cersei by whoever is pulling the strings, and wariness of the political repercussions from opposing the church.

We've known for a long time that the commoners hate Cersei. Maybe they don't like everything about the religious order, but they like it a whole lot more than they like her. Remember, the central theme of the High Sparrow is that Lords and commoners alike are equal before god. That populism plays well with the commoners, and the Lannisters, who are already in a weakened position, have to respect that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
The books are caught up. We've seen Jon Snow's death. All the passage provides is a few more details that they couldn't show on the screen. There's nothing to spoil anymore. But if it still bothers you, that's fine.
boogieman
AG
Post it in the other thread.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Post it in the other thread.
Relax, I'm not posting it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
The books are caught up. We've seen Jon Snow's death. All the passage provides is a few more details that they couldn't show on the screen. There's nothing to spoil anymore. But if it still bothers you, that's fine.
i think i've mentioned it before...they do not even want to know minor differences from the books here, even after the fact. they don't want to know about the book. period.

DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
It provides what I think is a big hint as to what is to come.

This should typically be your first clue as to whether it is appropriate to post here not. The posters on this thread do not want hints or additional insights from the books that might tell them where this story is going. Not that hard.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Lol. I said I'm not posting it. Chill, guys.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm just pointing out some basic logic so that you can avoid asking stupid questions in the future.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No need for that.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
i think i've mentioned it before...they do not even want to know minor differences from the books here, even after the fact. they don't want to know about the book. period.

Just curious, but why? Is it just not wanting to deal with a reader that acts like they know everything? I would think at this point (not only that Yall are caught up now, but also that the season is over) the readers could stimulate discussion a lot by providing a lot more of the background of the world that the show isn't able to fully explain in 10 hours a year.

And Yall think some of the theories over here are crazy, check out some of the book reader forums Like asoiaf.com

DannyDuberstein
AG
Some just want what has been fed to them on the show and don't want anything potentially spoiled by info they don't have.

And I'll flip that question on you. Especially now that things are caught up, why wouldn't someone interested in the book context just go to the book thread? There is no need to bring the book to this thread if that's the kind of thing you are curious about.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just curious, but why? Is it just not wanting to deal with a reader that acts like they know everything? I would think at this point (not only that Yall are caught up now, but also that the season is over) the readers could stimulate discussion a lot by providing a lot more of the background of the world that the show isn't able to fully explain in 10 hours a year.

And Yall think some of the theories over here are crazy, check out some of the book reader forums Like asoiaf.com

Different mediums. I do not to know more than they have shown me.

And book readers inevitably do it. All the time.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
So now that the show is officially caught up, are people okay if I post the passage about Jon Snow's death? It provides what I think is a big hint as to what is to come.

Why don't you, hank and the other book people go start anl new thread where you can show each other how big your dicks are because you read a book and you want to ruin our experience watching a TV show.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Haha. I started this thread, dude. I'm not a book reader.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
I'm just pointing out some basic logic so that you can avoid asking stupid questions in the future.
Please make sure to say the same to people asking to additional detail not provided on the show. There are examples on basically every page of this thread.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Haha. I started this thread, dude. I'm not a book reader.

Well never mind. I will go throw a temper tantrum on another thread
DannyDuberstein
AG
ok. Same goes for them. The book readers and non-readers that want context can all go get their jollies in the book thread now.
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
quote:

So now that we're caught up to the books you can safely go to the book thread full time. No need to avoid that thread anymore. Thanks!
mhayden
I'm too scared to post it in the book thread as possibly seeing spoilers, but has anyone read GRRM's non-Game-of-Thrones novels (looks like a handful of them)?

Curious to see if he is a strong closer or not. Being a Stephen King fan has caused me to always wonder if I'm in for a big let-down.
chipotle
BOOOOK FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Squirrel Master
AG
Because there is literally no way you can know what is a spoiler or not. The books presumably go into tremendous more depth. Proven from BES original comment about providing info about what to maybe expect going forward. The joys of this thread are the discussions about what to expect based on what the show has given us and guessing where characters are going. When readers share more info thats book specific, that's going beyond what the show has decided we need to know yet. You have zero ability to determine what could be important going forward, so to provide contextual information could be going beyond what the show wants us to know now.

This saying "the books are caught up with the show" is half-truth thats more lie than truth. Maybe the tentpole storylines in general, but there is no way this show could include that amount of depth that those giant books do, so there is inevitably details that we don't know yet, and you can't possibly know whats important.

I hate when this thread bogs down into dumb stuff as much as the next guy, but it never gets derailed until someone feels like we just have to know more than we've been given. The whole point of having multiple threads is so that everyone can pick the niche in this community they want to be a part of. There is no reason for people to insist on blurring those boundaries for those us who don't want it to be blurred. That the OP of this thread is doing it is especially embarassing. I'm betting there are literally 1000s of sandboxes you could go play in that would fit what you want to turn this into, go find one of those.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Can someone post the Lena Headley vs body double link? Looks like staph deleted it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.