*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,350,528 Views | 27145 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Albatross Necklace
rhutton125
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teasers suck, y'all.
jabberwalkie09
AG
rhutton125 said:

Teasers suck, y'all.

Eh... One of my favorite teasers has to be the 2009 Star Trek teaser. And it had absolutely zero footage from the movie in it. For reference:

And dammit, I'm missing Nimoy now....
bearamedic99
AG
DVC2010 said:

Farmer1906 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

Brie Larson is such a smokeshow

I don't get this either.

She is not unattractive, but she is not a knockout.
Agreed. Good looking? Yes. Super hot? Nope.

My MCU (no TV shows) hot chick ranking would go something like this

1a. Scarlett Johansson
1b. Hayley Atwell
3. Natalie Portman
4. Elizabeth Olsen
5. Zoe Saldana
6. Brie Larson
7. Emily Vancamp
8. Cobie Smulders
9. Evangeline Lilly
10. Gwyneth Paltrow

Feel free to sway my opinion though.

I've been following this thread for a while, but I've never had anything meaningful to contribute until today.

Your list is useless without Karen Gillan

i know, right?
FL_Ag1998
AG
TCTTS said:

I didn't really think they were going to throw a '90s song in there and go all campy with it. That was just a fun time killer. All prior imagery, interviews, etc., have pointed to something relatively serious, and that's ultimately what I was expecting. It's just a straight up bland trailer. That doesn't mean it's a bad one. I just think that Marvel has done way better trailers before. Honestly, more than anything, I was underwhelmed by Larson herself for reasons I mentioned earlier, more so than the trailer. I did expect her to have more... gravitas... or something, and at least in this particular trailer she just didn't really connect for me. But again, that's not to say she won't kill it in the final product, or that the movie won't be amazing.

I agree on the inability to judge her character from that trailer - the trailer almost seemed to feature Nick Fury more than Captain Marvel. It didn't really give her enough lines for us to be able to judge whether she has any charisma in the role. And it was a very "high level" trailer - no real specifics. But I'm not turned off by it.
GreasenUSA
AG
Yes, this thread needs more Karen Gillan

Tmoneyag99
AG
Punching out Grandma was awesome!!!

MooreTrucker
AG
Why did she punch Grandma?
SeattleAgJr
MooreTrucker said:

Why did she punch Grandma?
skrulls are shapeshifters.
Dro07
AG
Tmoneyag99 said:

Punching out Grandma was awesome!!!

Damn Stan Lee is looking rough!
SeattleAgJr
And you know that will be what his cameo is for this movie.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Maybe we got the songs all wrong. She crash lands into blockbuster in the 90s with powers already. She might've actually been a pilot in the 80s, in that case.....

swimmerbabe11
There was definitely a Top Gun looking scene in there
GiveEmHellBill
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

That would be the culmination to the greatest practical joke ever: Stan Lee's cameo in Captain Marvel would be as a Skrull.

Which would mean that in every.single.cameo from all the previous Marvel movies over the past 10 years he was a shape-shifting alien.

We would never be able to look on all his previous cameos the same ever again. I really hope they do this.
swimmerbabe11
GiveEmHellBill said:

SeattleAgJr said:

That would be the culmination to the greatest practical joke ever: Stan Lee's cameo in Captain Marvel would be as a Skrull.

Which would mean that in every.single.cameo from all the previous Marvel movies over the past 10 years he was a shape-shifting alien.

We would never be able to look on all his previous cameos the same ever again. I really hope they do this.

Crap. Now I'm going to be disappointed if they don't do this.
Gigem314
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Maybe we got the songs all wrong. She crash lands into blockbuster in the 90s with powers already. She might've actually been a pilot in the 80s, in that case.....

The plaque for the alternates WAS in the ladies room...until she found out about it...
TCTTS
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well now. That's an interesting idea development.
rhutton125
AG
Beat me by two minutes!

It makes me think of the comics I've been reading lately. You have decades of Avengers titles, along with solo Iron Man, Cap and Thor comics, and then on rare occasions you get a 4-issue miniseries following Scarlet Witch, or Vision, or Hawkeye, or Black Widow.

If this is the equivalent of that, I'd be all for it. Especially if Wanda and Vision are further explored.
TCTTS
AG
Yep. This is big.

In summary: the MCU will now span across theatrical films AND the Disney streaming platform, the latter being in the form of multiple, 6-8 episode limited series. With massive budgets and real stars. That said, the limited series will feature "second tier" characters only. But in the MCU that still means pretty big names/characters, as evident in the headline.
swimmerbabe11
Oh no, that sounds so expensive.
How much do I have to pay? All of my money? That sounds like it will be like an NFL package.
TCTTS
AG
The Disney streaming service is rumored to only be around $6 per month at the outset.
Wheatables02
AG
TCTTS said:

The Disney streaming service is rumored to only be around $6 per month at the outset.
for me, its still goodbye to Netflix. Hello Disney.
Gigem314
AG
TCTTS said:

That would be surprisingly reasonable.
wangus12
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

There was definitely a Top Gun looking scene in there
I'll take a beach volleyball scene with Brie Larson in it
TCTTS
AG
It sounds like the reasoning is two-fold:

1) To onboard as many people as they can as early as they can

2) Episodes 1-7 of the Star Wars franchise won't be on the platform until 2024 due to a licensing agreement with TNT (who holds the exclusive TV rights until then). So because the platform will be missing its crown jewels, so to speak, we're getting it at a discounted rate, at least initially.
TexasAggie_02
AG
They should just buy TNT
TCTTS
AG
That would be so baller. Like Ken Watanabe in Inception. "I bought the airline."
MBAR
AG
Would actually probably be a good move for them considering sports rights that they have.
double aught
AG
Count me amongst those who was a bit underwhelmed with the trailer and specifically Brie Larson (though her punching the old lady was awesome). Not a big deal, just a reaction to two minutes of footage.
Gigem314
AG
TCTTS said:

It sounds like the reasoning is two-fold:

1) To onboard as many people as they can as early as they can

2) Episodes 1-7 of the Star Wars franchise won't be on the platform until 2024 due to a licensing agreement with TNT (who holds the exclusive TV rights until then). So because the platform will be missing its crown jewels, so to speak, we're getting it at a discounted rate, at least initially.
Did not realize that about TNT. I guess it makes sense. Will be interesting to see how Favreau's series goes and some of the original content on there.
PatAg
AG
veryfuller said:

In my opinion, some of these franchises have had terrible starts. Incredible Hulk was bad enough that they didn't give Hulk his own movie ever again. It took 3 tries to finally get the tone right for Thor. Those characters survived because Joss Whedon knew how to use them well in the team up, and I do trust the Russo brothers to bring it all together in Avengers 4, but if Captain Marvel is close in tone to say, Thor: The Dark World, then the Russo will have a lot of heavy lifting to do with her character in a movie thats already got to accomplish a lot. Marvel has had a pretty good run lately, but thats been off the back of some visionary directors with specific visions, and I haven't gotten that vibe at all from this project. I could be wrong, but thats where all my concerns are coming from.
I don't even know how you have gotten enough to get a vibe.
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

Just take my money.
bearamedic99
AG
why did the link in the tweet state all this information and then go on to puposely state Disney and Marvel have no comment?

Anyhoo, like other have said, this will be awesome and will cement my decision to get disney streaming.
Cromagnum
AG
That trailer gave me a solid meh. The acting was super flat. Hopefully the final cut is better.
AgLiving06
Wheatables02 said:

TCTTS said:

for me, its still goodbye to Netflix. Hello Disney.

I agree.

Largely because the Netflix platform is just so terrible that I generally have no idea what is actually new to watch.

I generally have to go to Netflix already knowing what I want to watch in order to go search for it because nothing ever shows up where it is supposed to.
First Page Last Page
Page 299 of 776

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.