*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,354,074 Views | 27148 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by C@LAg
Bruce Almighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

Brie Larson is such a smokeshow

I don't get this either.

She is not unattractive, but she is not a knockout.
Agree with this. I think she's pretty average on the Hollywood hotness scale.
FancyKetchup14
AG
MBAR
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

That was very underwhelming. As others have stated, it is a very disjointed trailer that really did not find any rhythm. While the visuals look good, some of that line delivery was pretty rough. Not a trailer to generate much excitement.
lololololololololol

Hard to argue this thread hasn't jumped teh shark when people are pratically looking for Rotten Tomatoe scores for a trailer.
jtstanley4621
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

I don't get this either.

Okay guys, I'll go ahead and take her off your hands then. It's easier this way. I'll settle for her.
TCTTS
AG
Trying not to be a "snob" or whatever, but that's a pretty vanilla trailer. And I love Brie Larson, but honestly, she comes across as kind of flat, not very charismatic, and unimposing.

I dig the unique take on the origin story, though. Telling it through her trying to piece together her memories. I like that. And I'm sure the movie itself will be good. Just kind of underwhelmed by this particular trailer.
MBAR
AG
veryfuller said:

That is true, but I had a lot more faith in Ryan Coogler (who I was already a fan of) than Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck (who admittedly I had never heard of). That doesn't mean the movie isn't going to be good, but if it was directed by Kathryn Bigelow, or someone else with a track record of mastering vision and tone, I would be less worried. The trailer just didn't do anything to re-assure me that its not going to be a misstep. But its a trailer, its not the movie, so I'll wait and see.
The same Bigelow who just mastered the hell out of the tone in a terrible movie named Detroit? I like her, but she's the last person I want near a Marvel property.
TCTTS
AG
MBAR said:

SeattleAgJr said:

That was very underwhelming. As others have stated, it is a very disjointed trailer that really did not find any rhythm. While the visuals look good, some of that line delivery was pretty rough. Not a trailer to generate much excitement.
lololololololololol

Hard to argue this thread hasn't jumped teh shark when people are pratically looking for Rotten Tomatoe scores for a trailer.

We've literally been "reviewing" and reacting to trailers in this exact manner on this board for as along as I can remember. Apologies for having a different opinion from you about this one, in particular.
Farmer1906
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

I don't get this either.

Agreed. Good looking? Yes. Super hot? Nope.

My MCU (no TV shows) hot chick ranking would go something like this

1a. Scarlett Johansson
1b. Hayley Atwell
3. Natalie Portman
4. Elizabeth Olsen
5. Zoe Saldana
6. Brie Larson
7. Emily Vancamp
8. Cobie Smulders
9. Evangeline Lilly
10. Gwyneth Paltrow

Feel free to sway my opinion though.
MBAR
AG
TCTTS said:

MBAR said:

SeattleAgJr said:

lololololololololol

We've literally been "reviewing" and reacting to trailers in this exact manner on this board for as along as I can remember. Apologies for having a different opinion from you about this one, in particular.
Sure, I'm sure that every trailer has been dissected down to the point where the line delivery is scored. I have NEVER read someone say, wow that Thor line delivery was awesome! Don't try to act like that is the norm because that's bull.

I'd definitely agree that no one is going to feel the same way about this trailer as Ragnarok's best trailer or the Black Panther trailers but lets not act like taking about the line delivery in a trailer is anything short of ridiculous. Its ok to not always take yourself so seriously, btw. You can acknowledge that questioning line delivery in a trailer is laughable and not get your feelings hurt.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The meh was to the trailer, not to Larson.

Brie Larson is hot.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I always found Scarlet to be overrated, personally. I'd put Natalie Portman, Elizabeth Olsen, Evangeline Lilly, and several others ahead of her. (Emma Watson, Emma Stone, Alicia Vikander, Allison Brie, to name a few.)

To be fair I've been told I have very particular taste. Women with wide hips and huge asses do nothing for me.
MBAR
AG
Farmer1906 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

I don't get this either.

1a. Scarlett Johansson
1b. Hayley Atwell
3. Natalie Portman
4. Elizabeth Olsen
5. Zoe Saldana
6. Brie Larson
7. Emily Vancamp
8. Cobie Smulders
9. Evangeline Lilly
10. Gwyneth Paltrow

I question the judgement of anyone who puts Evangeline Lilly at #9. I agree with your #1 but Lilly is #2 for me.
MBAR
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I always found Scarlet to be overrated, personally. I'd put Natalie Portman, Elizabeth Olsen, Evangeline Lilly, and several others ahead of her. (Emma Watson, Emma Stone, Alicia Vikander, Allison Brie, to name a few.)

To be fair I've been told I have very particular taste. Women with wide hips and huge asses do nothing for me.

Ugh, I apparently fail at linking gifs so insert your shocked gif of choice.
TCTTS
AG
MBAR said:

TCTTS said:

MBAR said:

SeattleAgJr said:

lololololololololol

Sure, I'm sure that every trailer has been dissected down to the point where the line delivery is scored. I have NEVER read someone say, wow that Thor line delivery was awesome! Don't try to act like that is the norm because that's bull.

I'd definitely agree that no one is going to feel the same way about this trailer as Ragnarok's best trailer or the Black Panther trailers but lets not act like taking about the line delivery in a trailer is anything short of ridiculous. Its ok to not always take yourself so seriously, btw. You can acknowledge that questioning line delivery in a trailer is laughable and not get your feelings hurt.
If you genuinely don't think line delivery in a trailer has ever been discussed on this board, I don't know what to tell you. That's just factually incorrect. I'd be willing to bet it's been mentioned at least 10 times in this thread alone for various Marvel trailers, never mind the myriad times posters have discussed line delivery in DC trailers, Star Wars trailers, and Christopher Nolen movies. You either have a terrible memory or just aren't paying attention.

And yes, my feelings were totally hurt. Over a Marvel trailer on an internet message board. I don't know how I'm going to get through the rest of the day...
MBAR
AG
TCTTS said:

MBAR said:

TCTTS said:

MBAR said:

SeattleAgJr said:

lololololololololol

If you genuinely don't think line delivery in a trailer has ever been discussed on this board, I don't know what to tell you. That's just factually incorrect. I'd be willing to bet it's been mentioned at least 10 times in this thread alone for various Marvel trailers, never mind the myriad times posters have discussed line delivery in DC trailers, Star Wars trailers, and Christopher Nolen movies. You either have a terrible memory or just aren't paying attention.

And yes, my feelings were totally hurt. Over a Marvel trailer on an internet message board. I don't know how I'm going to get through the rest of the day...
You seem like you're fun at parties man. I give the line delivery in your post a 63. Delivered with passion, but just doesn't quite get it done.
chipotle
jabberwalkie09 said:

March? meh....I can wait
Farmer1906
AG
MBAR said:

Farmer1906 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

I don't get this either.

1a. Scarlett Johansson
1b. Hayley Atwell
3. Natalie Portman
4. Elizabeth Olsen
5. Zoe Saldana
6. Brie Larson
7. Emily Vancamp
8. Cobie Smulders
9. Evangeline Lilly
10. Gwyneth Paltrow

I question the judgement of anyone who puts Evangeline Lilly at #9. I agree with your #1 but Lilly is #2 for me.
I'm open to changing it. I just haven't seen a bunch of stuff with Lilly in it.

This is what I see when I hear her name.

Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Doesn't like hot curvy women, but likes the prequel trilogy & fast and the furious.

Explains I a lot.
Beat40
Check out Lost.
MooreTrucker
AG
Farmer1906 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

I don't get this either.

1a. Scarlett Johansson
1b. Hayley Atwell
3. Natalie Portman
4. Elizabeth Olsen
5. Zoe Saldana
6. Brie Larson
7. Emily Vancamp
8. Cobie Smulders
9. Evangeline Lilly
10. Gwyneth Paltrow

I'd move Vancamp and Smulders up to 4-5 or 5-6, but for sure above Larson and Saldana, who never has done much for me.

Lilly was hot in Lost, but as the pic above shows, this is not her best look.
COAg15
AG
Anyone know what the teddy bear is in the poster? It's at the far left of the door
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
She was much hotter in A & W. Much closer to her actual hotness. (ie. LOST)

TajMaballer
AG
I don't have a problem criticizing line delivery in trailers. Michael B Jordan in the Black Panther trailers had lines that didn't work for me. The "I've waited my entire life for this" took me out of the trailer, but really worked in the movie during the second waterfall scene. He turned out to be one of the best villains in all of comic book movies to me.

What lines are y'all referring to in the Captain Marvel trailer? Ive seen the trailer a few times and haven't heard anything that takes me out of the trailer as "bad"
TCTTS
AG

redline248
AG
ok, if we're doing this...

Scarlet Johansson - Black Widow
Elizabeth Olsen - Scarlet Witch
Natalie Portman - Jane
Evangaline Lilly - Wasp
Marisa Tomei - Aunt May
Emily Vancamp - Sharon Carter
Karen Gillan - Nebula
Jaimie Alexander - Sif
Zoe Zaldana - Gamora
Cate Blanchett - Hela
Claudia Kim - Dr. Cho
Hayley Atwell - Peggy Carter
Elizabeth Debicki - Ayesha
Brie Larson - Captain Marvel
Lupita Nyong'o - Nakia
Kat Dennings - Darcy
Cobie Smulders - Maria Hill
Gwenyth Paltrow - Pepper
Pom Klementieff - Mantis
Danai Gurira - Okoye

I'm sure I've forgotten someone.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Doesn't like hot curvy women, but likes the prequel trilogy & fast and the furious.

Explains I a lot.

Damn. I feel like that's POTD material right there.
DVC2010
AG
Farmer1906 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

I don't get this either.

1a. Scarlett Johansson
1b. Hayley Atwell
3. Natalie Portman
4. Elizabeth Olsen
5. Zoe Saldana
6. Brie Larson
7. Emily Vancamp
8. Cobie Smulders
9. Evangeline Lilly
10. Gwyneth Paltrow

I've been following this thread for a while, but I've never had anything meaningful to contribute until today.

Your list is useless without Karen Gillan
Urban Ag
AG
I love her but she needs some consulting on the panties.
Urban Ag
AG
Yes
jabberwalkie09
AG
TajMaballer said:

I don't have a problem criticizing line delivery in trailers. Michael B Jordan in the Black Panther trailers had lines that didn't work for me. The "I've waited my entire life for this" took me out of the trailer, but really worked in the movie during the second waterfall scene. He turned out to be one of the best villains in all of comic book movies to me.

What lines are y'all referring to in the Captain Marvel trailer? Ive seen the trailer a few times and haven't heard anything that takes me out of the trailer as "bad"

I really felt that every line of Dialogue from Larson took me out of the trailer. None of what she said in the trailer really resonated with me, and felt just out of place. Oddly, Jackson's lines resonated and felt more applicable to what we were seeing and I'm pretty sure he was talking to Coulson.

Contrast that to BP's trailers and they seemed to make more sense to me thematically, and I had no intention to see that in theaters. On the other hand, I may see Captain Marvel in theaters but I'm not for sure going to see it.
swimmerbabe11
I thought the trailer was fine..but I was a bit confused by the tone.

I think after reading all the 90s song stuff, then seeing the blockbuster in the first shot..I was expecting something a bit more fun and campy. Like tasting sprite when someone said they handed you a sweet tea.

In a way, I got an Independence Day vibe from it (especially with Fury describing this movie before he said he was about to give up)

I'm not like OMGOHWOWOWIHAVETOSEETHISTMORROWPLAYITAGAINPLAYITAGAIN but I thought it was good.
redline248
AG
DVC2010 said:

Farmer1906 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

I don't get this either.

1a. Scarlett Johansson
1b. Hayley Atwell
3. Natalie Portman
4. Elizabeth Olsen
5. Zoe Saldana
6. Brie Larson
7. Emily Vancamp
8. Cobie Smulders
9. Evangeline Lilly
10. Gwyneth Paltrow

I've been following this thread for a while, but I've never had anything meaningful to contribute until today.

Your list is useless without Karen Gillan

My list has her, and I don't even have 1 star
FL_Ag1998
AG
Honestly, it sounds like most of you were disappointed because you went in with a set notion of what you expected the trailer to be. Especially after all the talk of 90 songs, a lot of you just seem disappointed that it's not a campy trailer with a bunch of funny lines set to a 90s song.
swimmerbabe11
For the record, I'm not disappointed. I just got a vision in my head... More Buffy, less Independence Day. I liked it.
TCTTS
AG
I didn't really think they were going to throw a '90s song in there and go all campy with it. That was just a fun time killer. All prior imagery, interviews, etc., have pointed to something relatively serious, and that's ultimately what I was expecting. It's just a straight up bland trailer. That doesn't mean it's a bad one. I just think that Marvel has done way better trailers before. Honestly, more than anything, I was underwhelmed by Larson herself for reasons I mentioned earlier, more so than the trailer. I did expect her to have more... gravitas... or something, and at least in this particular trailer she just didn't really connect for me. But again, that's not to say she won't kill it in the final product, or that the movie won't be amazing.
First Page Last Page
Page 298 of 776

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.