*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,512,468 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bruce Almighty said:

This thread is about the MCU, which those shows are apart of.
"part of" if you mean side references where you cannot even use the character's name but refer to them as the "green guy"
rhutton125
AG
^ My biggest pet peeve in the Netflix shows. Thankfully S2 is JJ they start saying "Captain America".
MooreTrucker
AG
TCTTS said:

Hulk in a uniform?
JD Shellnut
AG
Maybe they will make the hulk an extra large "black panther suit".
AliasMan02
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Bruce Almighty said:

"part of" if you mean side references where you cannot even use the character's name but refer to them as the "green guy"

They can, they just don't because it's not what people would call him in conversation. He doesn't have much of a superhero identity at the time.
rhutton125
AG
I don't really buy that. Everything is viral. The kids at the end of Avengers know who's who. Spider-Man Homecoming had robbers in Avengers masks. "The guy from Baby Driver" is what I use for an actor whose name I don't know, but if a green giant stomps aliens in front of the whole world, I'll probably remember the name "Hulk."

I think they wanted to referential without breaking the immersion of being a grounded show too much. We were still wondering "why is this girl so strong?". Now, though, it's too absurd - the world is too absurd. Defenders happened. Heroes are everywhere. So hopefully the references aren't so wink-wink.
SeattleAgJr
AliasMan02 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Bruce Almighty said:

They can, they just don't because it's not what people would call him in conversation. He doesn't have much of a superhero identity at the time.
pretty sure the end news scene in Avengers 1 shows otherwise.
and with how news is, everyone would know their names by the end of the weekend of the invasion.
Bruce Almighty
AG
It doesn't matter. They're still part of the universe, which means they're relevant to this thread.
dave94
AG
This is kind of a silly discussion, I guess, but other than Iron Man and Captain America, did they ever publicly announce what the Hulk's name is? And they only refer to Scarlet Witch as Natasha Romanov, right?
Bruce Almighty
AG
dave94 said:

This is kind of a silly discussion, I guess, but other than Iron Man and Captain America, did they ever publicly announce what the Hulk's name is? And they only refer to Scarlet Witch as Natasha Romanov, right?

You mean Black Widow, and yes it is silly.
dave94
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

dave94 said:

You mean Black Widow, and yes it is silly.

D'oh!
Brick Tamland
Disney to include cash in bid to outbid Comcast

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/18/disney-is-expected-to-add-cash-to-its-bid-for-twenty-first-century-fox-assets-sources.html
TexasAggie_02
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
MTV movie awards intro

PatAg
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

MTV movie awards intro

why would you link this
TexasAggie_02
AG
bearamedic99
AG
Not as good as the LOTR tie in with Jack Black & Sarah Michelle Gellar.
TCTTS
AG
Met Joe Russo (one half of the Russo brothers) tonight at dinner. I was having a meeting downtown with my three business partners, one of whom used to work with Joe & Anthony. So Joe stopped by our table on his way out for five minutes or so. Sorry, no Avengers scoops. Mainly just talked to him about our company and then how he's opening a restaurant soon. Really nice guy.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

Met Joe Russo (one half of the Russo brothers) tonight at dinner. I was having a meeting downtown with my three business partners, one of whom used to work with Joe & Anthony. So Joe stopped by our table on his way out for five minutes or so. Sorry, no Avengers scoops. Mainly just talked to him about our company and then how he's opening a restaurant soon. Really nice guy.
Even being a huge Marvel nerd, I would have been asking him so many questions about Arrested Development and Community.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

Oh no, does this mean Anthony got dusted?
Brick Tamland
Fox accepts Disney's new offer, still time for Comcast to put in a better offer

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-20/fox-agrees-to-sweetened-bid-from-disney-dealing-blow-to-comcast
Hulla Baller
AG
Brick Tamland said:

Fox accepts Disney's new offer, still time for Comcast to put in a better offer

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-20/fox-agrees-to-sweetened-bid-from-disney-dealing-blow-to-comcast

bearamedic99
AG
good good but also sad to see one company and one vision controlling so much
Brick Tamland
I welcome our new Disney and AT&T overlords
TCTTS
AG
From what I understand, this is how these two mega-corporations now shake out. I know I'm missing a ton, but this is just insane...

AT&T-TIME WARNER:
- AT&T
- CNN
- DC Studios
- DirecTV
- HBO
- TNT
- TBS
- Time Warner / Spectrum
- Warner Bros.

DISNEY-FOX:
- 20th Century Fox (film, not TV)
- ABC
- ESPN
- Lucasfilm
- Marvel Studios
- Pixar Animation Studios
- Walt Disney Studios
TCTTS
AG
jackie childs said:

TCTTS said:

Oh no, does this mean Anthony got dusted?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How about Comcast?
TCTTS
AG
What are you asking?
Brick Tamland
AT&T now owns spectrum? I thought Spectrum bought Time Warner's cable and internet services, and AT&T was only buying the content side?
TCTTS
AG
I think you're right. I may have got that backwards.
tamusc
AG
Brick Tamland said:

AT&T now owns spectrum? I thought Spectrum bought Time Warner's cable and internet services, and AT&T was only buying the content side?
Correct, the ISP part of Time Warner was spun off as Time Warner Cable in 2009 and became Spectrum after another merger more recently.
Brick Tamland
Iron Man was the first movie because kids loved his toys the most

https://qz.com/1267000/iron-man-launched-the-marvel-cinematic-universe-because-he-had-the-best-toys/
SeattleAgJr
Not sure spoilers re: Ant-Man & Wasp

CNN Reviewer David Daniel:

Question is:

Just saw #AntManandtheWasp. Does it answer the "#InfinityWar question"?

You can see yes/no answer below

twitter.com/CNNLADavid/status/1010373162758860800

Add "https://" to the beginning

AMW2010
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Not sure spoilers re: Ant-Man & Wasp

CNN Reviewer David Daniel:

Question is:

Just saw #AntManandtheWasp. Does it answer the "#InfinityWar question"?

You can see yes/no answer below

twitter.com/CNNLADavid/status/1010373162758860800

Add "https://" to the beginning

?itemid=7549364
SeattleAgJr

First Page Last Page
Page 269 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.