*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,512,428 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Brick Tamland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I get that, but I wish Marvel owned all of their characters so they can make the best movies possible. I do think having the Fantastic Four, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, X-Men, and Inhumans all going at the same time would get super confusing and overwhelming, though. Not to mention all the different versions of each character (unless they only plan on keeping legacy characters).

That would give them the best opportunity to decide their storylines, or even have different Earths, similar to the alternate universes in Marvel comics.
Farmer1906
AG
MBAR said:

I'd be ok with Disney not getting the Marvel properties. They own too much as it is.
Why do you say that? Don't you think Dinsey has handled it best? Why wouldn't you want them in the same universe?
MBAR
AG
Farmer1906 said:

MBAR said:

I'd be ok with Disney not getting the Marvel properties. They own too much as it is.
Why do you say that? Don't you think Dinsey has handled it best? Why wouldn't you want them in the same universe?
I don't mean marvel characters, I mean properties in general. Disney handles it well, but in one way. But even with Marvel stuff, we would never have gotten Logan or Deadpool had Disney had them. I think it would be cool if the curent MCU included fantastic four and xmen, but I'd also be cool with a more Loganesque xmen universe away from the MCU. But Fox has a lot of other stuff as well that I don't want to see consolidated under ONE umbrella.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Disney owned companies have released rated R movies in the past.
fig96
AG
Brick Tamland said:

Yeah, people are claiming Fox isn't allowed to sell the rights to another party, so if Fox doesn't make movies within x number of years then Marvel Studios gets the characters back
At least part of that may be true, it's why we got the Amazing Spider-Man films when we did. If Sony hadn't made those the rights would have reverted back to Marvel.

I'd imagine something similar applies to the Fox properties.
MBAR
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Sure on isolated properties, not huge franchises. Rouge 1 was PG13 and they got all kinds of credit for pushing the envelope there. That's how conservative they are with these movies because these monies print money for them.

And thats fine, I love the MCU. But I also like that we got Logan and Deadpoool. Those were awesome. Not everything needs to be the same. They have enough MCU properties to put out 3 movies a year. Do they really need all of them? At that point you just have stuff that is getting left out and sits on the shelf. They're not going to do 5-6 Marvel movies a year.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't understand why so many people think Disney wouldn't let Deadpool stay R-rated.

The movies would continue to be released as "Fox" movies, just as Star Wars movies are still Lucasfilm movies.
Farmer1906
AG
MBAR said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Sure on isolated properties, not huge franchises. Rouge 1 was PG13 and they got all kinds of credit for pushing the envelope there. That's how conservative they are with these movies because these monies print money for them.

And thats fine, I love the MCU. But I also like that we got Logan and Deadpoool. Those were awesome. Not everything needs to be the same. They have enough MCU properties to put out 3 movies a year. Do they really need all of them? At that point you just have stuff that is getting left out and sits on the shelf. They're not going to do 5-6 Marvel movies a year.
Right, but Cap, Iron Man, and Thor aren't going to be around forever. We're already transitioning into Strange, Ant Man, Spider Man, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel.

Why not let the X-Men and F4 take over in the 2020s?
Andyzipp
AG
MBAR said:

Farmer1906 said:

MBAR said:

I don't mean marvel characters, I mean properties in general. Disney handles it well, but in one way. But even with Marvel stuff, we would never have gotten Logan or Deadpool had Disney had them. I think it would be cool if the curent MCU included fantastic four and xmen, but I'd also be cool with a more Loganesque xmen universe away from the MCU. But Fox has a lot of other stuff as well that I don't want to see consolidated under ONE umbrella.
Disney has never released an R Rated film (IIRC) under the Disney label, but they have released plenty through their subsidiaries.

When Disney owned Dimension and Miramax, they released films like Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Clerks, Trainspotting, The English Patient, Good Will Hunting, From Dusk Til Dawn, Sin City, and Bad Santa.
MBAR
AG
Andyzipp said:

MBAR said:

Farmer1906 said:

MBAR said:

Disney has never released an R Rated film (IIRC) under the Disney label, but they have released plenty through their subsidiaries.

When Disney owned Dimension and Miramax, they released films like Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Clerks, Trainspotting, The English Patient, Good Will Hunting, From Dusk Til Dawn, Sin City, and Bad Santa.

None of those are franchise films man. You can't compare Bad Santa to Logan.
MBAR
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I don't understand why so many people think Disney wouldn't let Deadpool stay R-rated.

The movies would continue to be released as "Fox" movies, just as Star Wars movies are still Lucasfilm movies.
I have no doubt that if they purchase Deadpool now they'll continue to release it.

But the point is that they would never have created it.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Punisher
Brick Tamland
Point Break

https://instagr.am/p/BjJIVmQluol
redline248
AG
That's great
redline248
AG

AgMarauder04
AG
Gotta be Banner
Bruce Almighty
AG
Banner
fig96
AG
I don't think this one even needs a vote
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Looks like it'll probably finish right below Black Panther, domestically.
gougler08
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Looks like it'll probably finish right below Black Panther, domestically.
Why do you think it will be below BP if it's trending higher every week so far?
AgMarauder04
AG
BP had ZERO competition.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

BP had ZERO competition.
Exactly. Not to take anything away from BP, but the circumstances are very different. Black Panther had three weeks of no competition. Then, it had A Wrinkle in Time (which vastly underperformed and wasn't received too well) and Tomb Raider (same). And Black Panther STILL beat the pants off of them. It wasn't until it's sixth week that Pacific Rim 2 barely beat it and not until it's seventh week out that Ready Player One easily outperformed it.

Infinity War had three weeks to itself, then BAM! Deadpool 2, followed by Solo.

If Deadpool 2 had opened in March, BP would have taken a serious hit and wouldn't have reached the totals it has now.
fig96
AG

jtstanley4621
AG
Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy mashup? Yes please.
SeattleAgJr
Holy Crap!

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
$1.966 billion and closing in on $2B.

Currently $102M behind TFA for #3 all-time.

Will it reach it?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

War Machine gets an upgrade.

And I see Ant Man, but no Wasp.....I think something bad is going to happen in a post-credit scene in their movie next month.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Thor: Ragnarok is on Netflix now!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hell yes. Thanks for the heads up.
gougler08
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Nice, I know what I'll be putting on in the new media room this week
Sex Panther
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

TCTTS
AG
Bruce Almighty
AG
The one I heard was "Yo mamma so fat, when Thanos snapped, only half of her disappeared."
First Page Last Page
Page 267 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.