*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,519,330 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Totally in. Between this and Star Wars Land...geez.
boy09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I recently watched Thor 2. It is worth seeing so you'll understand the beginning of Thor 3 and get introduced to "Reality Stone".
I guess I'll check it out then. That'll give me an excuse to watch Thor: Ragnarok again afterward.
Liquid Wrench
jtstanley4621 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

X-Men is what got me into comics in the 90s, but eventually I started reading more Avengers stuff. I don't read any X-Men stuff anymore.
I was a kid in the 90s, and X-Men was the top Marvel comic by far for me. I think I read an Avengers comic or two, but it was usually X-Men all the way.
I think this was the first Wolverine story I ever read:

Farmer1906
AG
boy09 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I recently watched Thor 2. It is worth seeing so you'll understand the beginning of Thor 3 and get introduced to "Reality Stone".
I guess I'll check it out then. That'll give me an excuse to watch Thor: Ragnarok again afterward.
You'll get why Loki was pretending to be Odin, what that play was, and Thor's newest anger towards Loki.
Farmer1906
AG
ChiliBeans said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

X-Men is what got me into comics in the 90s, but eventually I started reading more Avengers stuff. I don't read any X-Men stuff anymore.
I was a kid in the 90s, and X-Men was the top Marvel comic by far for me. I think I read an Avengers comic or two, but it was usually X-Men all the way.
I think this was the first Wolverine story I ever read:

Who won?
jeffk
AG
redline248 said:

jeffk said:

SeattleAgJr said:

#IronManWasRight
#ScrewCap

They definitely *******ized the Civil War plot lines from comic to film adaptation. In the comics, it was easy to pick #TeamCap, but in the films, Cap's motivation comes across as pretty shallow and short-sighted.

Uh, what? Cap just got done taking down a government agency infiltrated by HYDRA whose sole intent was to completely strip freedom from the populace. You think him not trusting another government agency to oversee the Avengers was selfish?

If that was the main theme of his choice in the film, then no. But they muddied the waters sufficiently with all the loyalty to Bucky above country stuff to the point where govt oversight of SHIELD actually becomes the less-wrong choice.
jeffk
AG
Also, if they really wanted to up the ante of the film, they should have had Bucky die instead of just getting his already fake arm sheared off. There really wasn't any lasting consequences to this huge conflict other than the dissidents having to spend a couple nights in the slammer and Rhodey having to get new Lt. Dan legs.
TCTTS
AG
Farmer1906
AG
jeffk said:

Also, if they really wanted to up the ante of the film, they should have had Bucky die instead of just getting his already fake arm sheared off. There really wasn't any lasting consequences to this huge conflict other than the dissidents having to spend a couple nights in the slammer and Rhodey having to get new Lt. Dan legs.
Sounds like they're saving that for IF.
Farmer1906
AG
jeffk said:

redline248 said:

jeffk said:

SeattleAgJr said:

#IronManWasRight
#ScrewCap

They definitely *******ized the Civil War plot lines from comic to film adaptation. In the comics, it was easy to pick #TeamCap, but in the films, Cap's motivation comes across as pretty shallow and short-sighted.

Uh, what? Cap just got done taking down a government agency infiltrated by HYDRA whose sole intent was to completely strip freedom from the populace. You think him not trusting another government agency to oversee the Avengers was selfish?

If that was the main theme of his choice in the film, then no. But they muddied the waters sufficiently with all the loyalty to Bucky above country stuff to the point where govt oversight of SHIELD actually becomes the less-wrong choice.
For me, the only point that happens is where he has to bring him in kind of thing. I guess he believed he didn't do it (irrational) and thought he was saving his friend. Once they know about the super soldiers, I see no issue with his actions or motives.
jeffk
AG
Oh, I know. It just made the movie's big fight at the airport and final show-down feel pretty inconsequential - we already knew everyone would walk away (sorry Rhodey), so there wasn't much suspense. And honestly the comic version of Civil War included some "big" fatalities which gave it some gravitas.
Farmer1906
AG
jeffk said:

Oh, I know. It just made the movie's big fight at the airport and final show-down feel pretty inconsequential - we already knew everyone would walk away (sorry Rhodey), so there wasn't much suspense. And honestly the comic version of Civil War included some "big" fatalities which gave it some gravitas.
The bombing to kick it off & Goliath were the only fatalities unless I am misremembering. To me, Spidey getting unmasked and Cap being arrested were "bigger".

Now killing Cap off awards was pretty huge, but that felt like the aftermath Cap storyline and not the Civil War anymore.
jeffk
AG
I read the following Cap story right after I read all the CW issues, so they kind of blended for me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Does that mean Universal Studios will lose Marvel attractions?
fig96
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

Does that mean Universal Studios will lose Marvel attractions?
Does the west coast Universal have them? It mentions that there may not be any at Disney World due to legal issues.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good point.

And no, it doesn't. I guess Universal got special permission for their Orlando park. I can't keep these deals straight.
FTACO97
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Good point.

And no, it doesn't. I guess Universal got special permission for their Orlando park. I can't keep these deals straight.
As I understand it, Marvel sold the rights to Universal Orlando. In the agreement, they can't have those Marvel characters in a park east of the Mississippi. That was for the big ones like Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, etc. That's why they're able to put Marvel stuff in California, China, etc. They're also adding Guardians of the Galaxy at Epcot as they weren't part of the Universal deal.
fig96
AG
I'm a huge fan of this guy's work, thought I'd share...

Infinity War Empire magazine cover process

TexasAggie_02
AG
edit:

can't put hyperlinks in spoiler tags apparently

EDIT 2: Add "https://" to the text below

movieweb.com/avengers-infinity-war-silver-surfer-cameo/
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

"We know pretty much what's going on in Avengers 3. You've been told who's the bad guy and what he wants for several movies and it's not going to change: that's what's going to happen. you run it in the best possible way with twists along the way, but you have no idea what Avengers 4 is. Nobody knows, and that's what makes me particularly excited. I look all the time on the internet: people have no idea! 4 resolves the intrigue of Infinity War; [the movies are] clearly linked, but they almost seem to belong to two different genres. We did not want to cut a film in half and say, 'Pay now and come back in a year for the rest!' These are two very different stories, on a tonal and structural level."
TCTTS
AG
wangus12
AG
Sadness follows
Brick Tamland
Just when I'm starting to come around to Marvel, they take away my favorite actors
AgMarauder04
AG
wangus12 said:

Sadness follows
JUST.DON'T.DIE.
Sex Panther
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

wangus12 said:

Sadness follows
JUST.DON'T.DIE.

He dead
AgMarauder04
AG
bedofbrass33
AG
Will he agree to be the Human Torch when Marvel gets the Fantastic 4 back?
Sex Panther
AG
Search your feelings, you will know it to be true
TCTTS
AG
Cap was my bet to die in Infinity War. If he makes it to Avengers 4, as it appears he now will, what major character - or characters - die in IW? Because somebody big, if not a couple major somebodies, are likely to.

From what the filmmakers have told us recently, it sounds like Thor and Thanos have the most screen time in IW. If so, maybe this serves as Thor's final arc? So maybe Loki loses his brother and finally does the right/noble thing for once and sacrifices himself in A4 to save others?

Surely Cap and Tony have a heartfelt reunion and one last go at it together in A4. There's no way they kill Tony in IW, right?

What about Hulk? Black Widow?

Spider-Man survives this phase, so does Black Panther obviously, and I'm assuming Doctor Strange does as well.

Everyone else I consider "secondary" / relatively expendable in IW.

I'm mainly talking about the Big Five...

- Tony
- Cap
- Thor
- Hulk
- Black Widow

Right now I'm thinking Thor bites the dust in IW, and then Tony and Cap die in A4. Who knows with Hulk and Black Widow, but I could see both of them surviving / coming back for the next phase.

As for everyone else, I think anyone besides Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange is fair game over the next two Avenger movies.
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

Cap was my bet to die in Infinity War. If he makes it to Avengers 4, as it appears he now will, what major character - or characters - die in IW? Because somebody big, if not a couple major somebodies, are likely to.

From what the filmmakers have told us recently, it sounds like Thor and Thanos have the most screen time in IW. If so, maybe this serves as Thor's final arc? So maybe Loki loses his brother and finally does the right/noble thing for once and sacrifices himself in A4 to save others?

Surely Cap and Tony have a heartfelt reunion and one last go at it together in A4. There's no way they kill Tony in IW, right?

What about Hulk? Black Widow?

Spider-Man survives this phase, so does Black Panther obviously, and I'm assuming Doctor Strange does as well.

Everyone else I consider "secondary" / relatively expendable in IW.

I'm mainly talking about the Big Five...

- Tony
- Cap
- Thor
- Hulk
- Black Widow

Right now I'm thinking Thor bites the dust in IW, and then Tony and Cap die in A4. Who knows with Hulk and Black Widow, but I could see both of them surviving / coming back for the next phase.

As for everyone else, I think anyone besides Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange is fair game over the next two Avenger movies.

They won't kill BW. I would bet Thor/Cap/Tony all die...or maybe Tony lives.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I think BW is safe. But I might throw Hulk into that death bunch as well.

My "final" guess...

Infinity War:

- Thor dies.

Avengers 4:

- Loki sacrifices himself so the group can complete a task.
- In the end, however, Tony, Cap, and Hulk all die defeating Thanos / saving everyone else.

But, again, we'll see deaths from at least three "secondary" characters in IW/A4 as well, if not more.
Solo Tetherball Champ
I saw that there were pics from the set of Avengers 4 with at least Chris Evans wearing the Captain America outfit from Avengers 1, while standing next to Paul Rudd (as ant-man) and Robert Downey.

I wonder if time travel is going to come into play.
TCTTS
AG
It definitely is.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, that tweet basically confirms Cap doesn't die.

Shouldn't this all be considered spoiler territory? I'm surprised THR even ran that story.
TCTTS
AG
He could die in IW and then be in flashback / time travel stuff in A4. No one has any idea. We're just speculating.
First Page Last Page
Page 236 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.