*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,519,575 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
IJones23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think it's time to add Sleepwalker into the mix.
AliasMan02
AG
Just bought IMAX tickets for Infinity War. Am excite.
TCTTS
AG
rhutton125
AG
I think that was known for the most part, or at least speculated. I'm pretty sure she's meant to be a player in the 2019 sequel though.

I assume Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and Wasp will be joining the sequel. With whoever survives Infinity War!
Brick Tamland
The two Captain Marvel movies (Shazam and Brie Larson) next year are the two movies I'm looking forward to most after Infinity War
TajMaballer
AG
With Captain Marvel being set in the 90s, featuring Nick Fury heavily, whose first line in the MCU mentioned the existence of other Superheroes, I have a general idea of where Fury, Hawkeye and AM&W are during Infinity War.

The main question of Captain Marvel is where she has been all this time. I think when Thanos comes to earth, Fury sees an opportunity to retrieve Captain Marvel and gets Hawkeye (long time Shield agent who might already know Captain Marvel) and Ant-Man (Pym had Shield ties and tech that can help in this situation).
SeattleAgJr
Brick Tamland said:

The two Captain Marvel movies (Shazam and Brie Larson) next year are the two movies I'm looking forward to most after Infinity War
I have a hard time getting excited for Shazam. The 70s and 80s live action and cartoon shows ruined him for me forever.
hurleyag
AG
TajMaballer said:

With Captain Marvel being set in the 90s, featuring Nick Fury heavily, whose first line in the MCU mentioned the existence of other Superheroes, I have a general idea of where Fury, Hawkeye and AM&W are during Infinity War.

The main question of Captain Marvel is where she has been all this time. I think when Thanos comes to earth, Fury sees an opportunity to retrieve Captain Marvel and gets Hawkeye (long time Shield agent who might already know Captain Marvel) and Ant-Man (Pym had Shield ties and tech that can help in this situation).
I'm still of the opinion that she is tied to the Soul Stone and this Avengers ends with Thanos having all the stones except that one and he sets off to find her/the stone.
fig96
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Brick Tamland said:

I have a hard time getting excited for Shazam. The 70s and 80s live action and cartoon shows ruined him for me forever.
I want to be hopeful as I really like Zachary Levi, but DC's massive past failures in tone as they make a film that needs to nail the correct tone to be successful does not make me confident
Brick Tamland
No Snyder, though, anywhere near this project
Brick Tamland
But with this being a Marvel thread, I'm very interested to see the Captain Marvel story line for her first movie. I grew up in the 90's so I'm hoping for some references to that decade.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

I'm still of the opinion that she is tied to the Soul Stone and this Avengers ends with Thanos having all the stones except that one and he sets off to find her/the stone.
I guess we'll find out in a bit more than a month. Someone more knowledgeable than me, when does the Captain Marvel stand-alone come out? Is it before the fourth Avengers?
Brick Tamland
I believe so

Captain Marvel on March 8
Avengers 4 on May 3
SeattleAgJr
Brick Tamland said:

I believe so

Avengers 4 on May 3
If CapAm dies, I hope they do not push to have CapMarvel lead the "new" Avengers so soon after being introduced.
TajMaballer
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Brick Tamland said:

I believe so

Avengers 4 on May 3
If CapAm dies, I hope they do not push to have CapMarvel lead the "new" Avengers so soon after being introduced.

I think the New Avengers leads will consist of T'Challa, Strange, Cap Marvel with Bucky/Sam being the Cap role of leader.
Farmer1906
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Brick Tamland said:

I believe so

Avengers 4 on May 3
I feel like its been a solid co-lead between Ironman & Cap. If they're both gone then I would think it would have no true leader. It would be shared between Marvel, Black Panther, Spider-Man, and maybe even Bucky if he takes up the shield.
redline248
AG
Black Panther, as king of a nation, seems unlikely to have the time to lead the Avengers. Sam or Bucky are the odds on favorites, imo. Which means nothing.
Farmer1906
AG
This isn't the real world. He's a huge character now. His solo movie topped all others. He's going to be a Major player in the next several Avengers movies.
Brick Tamland
Infinity War spoiler alert

Excerpts from Empire magazine article

Thanos is preoccupied at the start of the film, so sends the Black Order to Earth to try to get the Infinity Stones for him.

Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive go to Edinburgh, to get the Mind Stone off Vision. Vision and Scarlet Witch are rescued last-minute by Captain America, Black Widow and Falcon.

The big round thing hovering over NYC is Cull Obsidian and Ebony Maw's ship. ("You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today. Take your tractor beam and skedaddle." - Stark)

They've come to get the Time Stone off Doctor Strange. Stark tries desperately to get Banner to hulk out, but he can't. ("Don't embarrass me in front of the wizard" - Stark)

Thanos is "the main character" of the movie.

Infinity War won't be especially funny (in comparison to Homecoming and Ragnarok). "The one thing that character deaths do is remind you that the world has real stakes. Death is a real possibility in the storytelling" - Anthony Russo.

Joe Russo says "you should go back and look at clues in Civil War to what's in Avengers 4." Anthony Russo says "it's more of an epic adventure in the classic sense, with huge emotional stakes."
TCTTS
AG
Very interesting. I like all of that.
Farmer1906
AG
nm
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Friend of mine seems to think it's Banner inside the Hulkbuster suit.

Hadn't heard this theory, but it's not bad.

Well now I know he's probably full of **** and knew about it.
Farmer1906
AG
You mind want to [sp] that one. It was pretty much confirmed via toy.
hurleyag
AG
hasn't this been spoiled by a toy or something?
TCTTS
AG
Yep.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Friend of mine seems to think it's Banner inside the Hulkbuster suit.

Hadn't heard this theory, but it's not bad.

I am 99% sure I suggested it in this thread after the first trailer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How would you have deduced that from the first one?
redline248
AG
Boom! Dec 1

redline248 said:

OnlyForNow said:

Only problem with that is Ironman is shown on a planet that isn't earth.

Might be Nova.
Are you talking about the yellow-ish background in the opening shot? I'm not sure that isn't earth. He's wearing the same hoodie thing as he is in the shots with Dr. Strange.

On another note: In the shot of Falcon flying over the battle in Wakanda we can see the Hulk Buster armor. Since we also see Banner standing next to the arm, I wonder if he's the one inside the armor. Currently no shots of Tony in Wakanda. I know we see Hulk running with the rest at the end of the trailer, but it looks like a different point in time (trees in the back ground vs. plains).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AliasMan02
AG
So, had a random thought this morning after seeing a clip/conversation about Ragnarok on Twitter. I was thinking how cool it would have been if they had concealed the fact that Hulk was in the movie. That got me to thinking...

What could Marvel do for a movie with no marketing at all? Say they announce a new movie on the slate simply called Moon Knight (since he has been discussed recently on the board). They hold no press conferences, answer no questions, do not even release a cast. The only posters or commercials are just the film's logo. Any information about the movie is just what is gleaned from gossip websites and the occasional spy photo.

Does this sort of campaign build mystique for a new character film?

What if it wasn't a minor character, but a huge one, say... Wolverine. There's a character with an iconic screen representation that will be tough to replace and will be controversial when they do. Does an anti-marketing campaign like that energize the film?

Just thinking random Marvel thoughts this morning.
Sex Panther
AG
I can't imagine that being a good strategy to build interest. Maybe with fanboys and the hardcores, but that would most likely cripple a movie's earning potential.
jtstanley4621
AG
I agree, but I think they've reached the level where if they released an out of nowhere movie with maybe a trailer a few weeks before it came out it wouldn't do poorly. Marvel has become masterful with their marketing. A shock announcement like that would nearly market itself with all the news it would generate
jackie childs
jtstanley4621 said:

I agree, but I think they've reached the level where if they released an out of nowhere movie with maybe a trailer a few weeks before it came out it wouldn't do poorly. Marvel has become masterful with their marketing. A shock announcement like that would nearly market itself with all the news it would generate
i think a marvel movie with no marketing would do better than any other random movie with no marketing.

but like you said, marvel has been masterful at marketing (as well as pretty much all other aspects of developing the MCU), so i don't think we can discount the amount of impact those efforts have on the films' performance.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think only two franchises could pull that off, Marvel and Star Wars.

I'm holding out hope that Star Wars drops an Obi-Wan announcement teaser out of nowhere.
TajMaballer
AG
Yeah I don't think even Marvel could pull an out of nowhere release. The marketing has been a main reason why movies like Doctor Strange and Ant-Man do as well as they do.

Hell, a third Thor movie was one of the highest grossing movies last year. The first two Thor movies are widely regarded as bottom of the barrel Marvel movies (I really like them, but know I'm in the minority). But the marketing for Ragnarok pushed it over the edge.
First Page Last Page
Page 234 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.