*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,519,908 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

SeattleAgJr
People like Wong, some of the Black Panther scrubs, Mantis, but no Hawkeye....
Bruce Almighty
AG
Weird there's no Hawkeye considering he's been with the Avengers since the first movie.
SeattleAgJr
Trailer looks GOOD, but I really hate Marvel's green screen.
So much of this movie is a sound stage and it is obvious (granted most of it is in fake locations).
Solo Tetherball Champ
Bruce Almighty said:

Weird there's no Hawkeye considering he's been with the Avengers since the first movie.
I glanced at the Wiki pages for Infinity War part 2 and he is listed in the cast, but none of the Wakanda people are.

c-jags
I've seen a spoilery image of him but it could be like Yondu being onsite for filming to throw people off.
SeattleAgJr
Yondu COULD be in the movie.

Thanos uses the gauntlet to "resurrect" him or at least make him appear before Quill to screw with his head.
jeffk
AG
Instead of time travel or resurrection, they should have scenes of all the deceased characters sitting around on a cloud and chatting it up like DBZ.
jtstanley4621
AG
I don't think this is a spoiler given the trailer, but I'll tag it regardless

Saw somewhere someone float the idea that the movie ends with Thanos snapping his fingers, like he does in Thanos Quest, which eliminates half the life in the universe. That would be wild.

Two other things: I wonder what Thanos' motivation is gonna be. I really like Hela from Thor Ragnarok. She'd be a great version of death for Thanos to be in love with. The trailers don't make it seem that way though. As such I wonder what they're gonna come up with as to why he wants to get the stones. It's also going to be interesting to see if they leave the movie with him not having all the stones.
Cromagnum
AG
Farmer1906 said:

FTACO97 said:

Cromagnum said:

I want to know how Tony winds up with GotG. Do they go to Earth with Thor first, or does Tony wind up in space with them somehow?

Dr Strange got reamed.

Iron Spider suit looked sweet.

Hulkbuster (2.0 ?) armor looked very sweet.

Captain blocking Thanos fist was strange. Did Thanos not have stones yet? It makes sense that he would have the Tesseract force so he could teleport to the other stones, but the first trailer showed him already with the power stone and adding the Tesseract stone 2nd. I'm amazed Cap could block that power unless Thanos is just toying with him.

Looks like we are going to get some backstory since we see Gamora as a child with Daddy Thanos holding her hand.

Although the trailer looks like Gamora and Tony are having a conversation, from the surroundings it looks like Gamora is on the GotG ship and Tony is in the Sanctum Sanctorum.

Cap does have superhuman strength, but I think Thanos is toying a bit...
I think they're just giving Cap a moment before he gets the ever living **** beat out of him.

I keep wondering if the line Zemo says in Civil War is going to have any meaning. "I just realized There's a bit of green in the blue of your eyes. How nice to find a flaw?"

What if Captain has some Kree DNA?
SeattleAgJr
I do not think they will even bring in death.
I think they will make it more : he wants balance/order to the universe, hence the half are eliminated.

The movie will end with him getting the 6th stone and making half the universe disappear.

Movie 4 is what happens next and how it gets restored.

(cobbled together from other posts)
jeffk
AG
So, was Ass-guard an actual planet? Early in the films it was more of an actual realm, but these later films have people just arriving by space ship.
SeattleAgJr
Iron Man? Rekt. Spider Man? Rekt. Thor? Rekt. Doctor Strange? Rekt. Captain America? Possibly rekt. Me? Erekt.
SeattleAgJr
jeffk said:

So, was Ass-guard an actual planet? Early in the films it was more of an actual realm, but these later films have people just arriving by space ship.
it was a realm/dimension/floating island.

there is even a point in the comics where it comes to earth and "lands" in Oklahoma, or Kansas or something like that.
jeffk
AG
I'm talking movie universe canon. Seems like they retconned it to be a planet with the latest films.
TexasAggie_02
AG
jeffk said:

So, was Ass-guard an actual planet?

Will it really guard my ass, Trebek?
TexasAggie_02
AG
jeffk said:

I'm talking movie universe canon. Seems like they retconned it to be a planet with the latest films.

Doesn't look like a planet to me.

In Thor 1, Loki actually falls off the edge of Asgard
Living Legend
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

jeffk said:

Doesn't look like a planet to me.

In Thor 1, Loki actually falls off the edge of Asgard
Looks very similar to Earth to me. Both Asgard and Earth are flat.
jeffk
AG
The dog gets suplexed off it too. But you can get to it using spaceships now
SeattleAgJr
jeffk said:

in movie universe it was a flattish realm (disc in space)
FTACO97
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

I don't think this is a spoiler given the trailer, but I'll tag it regardless

Saw somewhere someone float the idea that the movie ends with Thanos snapping his fingers, like he does in Thanos Quest, which eliminates half the life in the universe. That would be wild.

Two other things: I wonder what Thanos' motivation is gonna be. I really like Hela from Thor Ragnarok. She'd be a great version of death for Thanos to be in love with. The trailers don't make it seem that way though. As such I wonder what they're gonna come up with as to why he wants to get the stones. It's also going to be interesting to see if they leave the movie with him not having all the stones.
Isn't that covered by Gamora's lines at the beginning of the trailer?
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://io9.gizmodo.com/peter-dinklage-is-definitely-in-avengers-infinity-war-1823832569
TexasAggie_02
AG
Kevin feige told us his motivation a few weeks ago.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Seriously, though...

TexasAggie_02
AG
Why the f*** Would you of all people, post a tweet that purportedly contains spoilers.
TCTTS
AG
Dude. Seriously? That tweet is clearly a joke. And is then immediately followed by the proper, but still extremely vague, explanation.
SeattleAgJr
damn, screwed up my pun.
SeattleAgJr
Solo Tetherball Champ
SeattleAgJr said:

In Wakanda.

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Farmer1906
AG

Does anyone want one of these posters? They were "free" (gotta pay S&H) and I don't want it so I was offering it out.
Brick Tamland
I'll take the middle one if you're offering
Sex Panther
AG
How did Mark Ruffalo get billing ahead of Chris Evans???
First Page Last Page
Page 229 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.