*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,519,011 Views | 27741 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by YouBet
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Watched it again last might on Starz and completely agree.

Michael Keaton cannot be praised enough for his performance. His "dad talk" with Peter in the car may be the most chilling scene in any Marvel movie.
The thing that made the movie so great for me is it was essentially a high school movie at the base. And when I was in high school I know I was sweating bullets meeting my date's dad for prom. The twist that he's LEGITIMATELY a supervillian and a dangerous guy is kind of playing up on every high school dude's worst nightmare for that kind of situation. I thought that was such a great twist.
Tom Holland really does such a good job as the nerdy high schooler too, it was just a fun movie all around
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

Spider-Man: Homecoming is currently playing on Starz, as it has been for a few weeks now, and I just have to say, once again, that this movie is so damn good and so much fun. I've been catching parts of it here and there lately and it's just getting better and better since the theater. Even the few minor issues I had with it the first go around have completely evaporated. This really is my favorite of all six Spider-Man movies, no question.

Marvel's 2017 has to be their most impressive. As fantastic as Homecoming is, I'd probably rank it as #3 out of the three releases they had last year. Incredible year for the studio.
Max Power
AG
TCTTS said:

Can we get one scene where M'Baku tries to beat Thanos with his club?
fig96
AG
gougler08 said:

jtstanley4621 said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

Watched it again last might on Starz and completely agree.

Michael Keaton cannot be praised enough for his performance. His "dad talk" with Peter in the car may be the most chilling scene in any Marvel movie.
The thing that made the movie so great for me is it was essentially a high school movie at the base. And when I was in high school I know I was sweating bullets meeting my date's dad for prom. The twist that he's LEGITIMATELY a supervillian and a dangerous guy is kind of playing up on every high school dude's worst nightmare for that kind of situation. I thought that was such a great twist.
Tom Holland really does such a good job as the nerdy high schooler too, it was just a fun movie all around
This all boils down to the fact that they finally got it right. You bought Peter Parker as a nerdy kid who becomes a superhero and trying to figure out how to deal with it.

And yes, when that door opened I was like this is freakin' brilliant.
jtstanley4621
AG
Sex Panther said:

TCTTS said:

Spider-Man: Homecoming is currently playing on Starz, as it has been for a few weeks now, and I just have to say, once again, that this movie is so damn good and so much fun. I've been catching parts of it here and there lately and it's just getting better and better since the theater. Even the few minor issues I had with it the first go around have completely evaporated. This really is my favorite of all six Spider-Man movies, no question.

Marvel's 2017 has to be their most impressive. As fantastic as Homecoming is, I'd probably rank it as #3 out of the three releases they had last year. Incredible year for the studio.
Yep. I think they're really starting to nail the tone and feel of the movies and heroes now. I thought GOTG2 wasn't as good as the first one, but it was still very enjoyable and right in line with what a GOTG movie should be.

It's kind of funny in retrospect how GOTG was a turning point for Marvel, in my opinion. When I first heard about that movie I thought that they had gotten greedy and jumped the shark and it was going to be terrible. But they took a big swing and hit it out of the park, and I think that honestly the audience reaction to that movie allowed them to sort of step further outside the bounds of a normal super hero movie in different ways.
TexasAggie_02
AG
TCTTS said:

is that same same grassy field near Atlanta where Odin died?
jeffk
AG
TCTTS said:

So is that Cap's same armor but really old and painted over or another suit entirely?
Brick Tamland
Same one. He has been tearing the patches off (Avengers and chest star). I do like seeing him sans helmet, though.
Charlie Conway
Farmer1906 said:

No, it has not been located.

The top theories:
It's the vibrainium meteor

Heimdal has it.

A new one a read, it's grown to the size of a planet and it's the orange plant in the trailer.

Warlock isn't supposed to be around until GotG3.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FanTheories/comments/7grs0l/infinity_war_the_most_logical_location_for_the/

pretty well thought out theory regarding Adam Warlock
AgMarauder04
AG
jeffk said:

TCTTS said:

So is that Cap's same armor but really old and painted over or another suit entirely?
It surprises me that...

a) Cap doesn't have new armor provided by the Wakandans. Is it the only clothes he has?

b) Bucky doesn't have a better weapon than a gun
Kearney McRaven
2017 was a banner year for Marvel. While Spider-man Homecoming was excellent, I would also rank it #3. The fact that Marvel has the capability to link all these movies, and a well versed audience can follow the shared past experiences of the characters helped make Civil War, Thor Ragnarok and GOTG2 that much better. With regard to GOTG2, after leaving the theater I was somewhat disappointed. Now, having watched it a few more times, I think it is my favorite. Rocket is hilarious.
double aught
AG
TCTTS said:

ScarJo looking sexy af.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

Well, it does scare the ever living cr*** out of some segments of society. I mean, look at how freaking scary that thing looks!
Farmer1906
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

jeffk said:

TCTTS said:

It surprises me that...

a) Cap doesn't have new armor provided by the Wakandans. Is it the only clothes he has?

Guns worked well on resurrected warriors. I have to bet ole Bucky is probably a better shot.

Doesn't Falcon use guns too?

Bucky seems to handle himself nicely in hand to hand combat with some superhuman strength and freakish metal arm.

AgMarauder04
AG
Yeah, but I can't imagine Wakandan forces couldn't have gotten him something cooler.
Farmer1906
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Yeah, but I can't imagine Wakandan forces couldn't have gotten him something cooler.
I bet the hooked him up with a pretty legit arm.

No more of this.

Maybe he's shooting Vibranium bullets.
texasaggie04
AG
Charlie Conway said:

Farmer1906 said:

No, it has not been located.

The top theories:
It's the vibrainium meteor

Heimdal has it.

A new one a read, it's grown to the size of a planet and it's the orange plant in the trailer.

Warlock isn't supposed to be around until GotG3.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FanTheories/comments/7grs0l/infinity_war_the_most_logical_location_for_the/

pretty well thought out theory regarding Adam Warlock

Yeah, this might be my new favorite theory. I don't know how they're going to do the movies (will Thanos be defeated in this movie or just leave havoc...), so I could imagine that the soul stone doesn't play a part in this movie or maybe it even opens with him visiting the Sovereign and taking it. Then the post-credits scene could be the cocoon starting to crack open...
Brick Tamland
Infinity War runtime: 156 minutes, according to AMC

I'm hopping off my DC fanwagon and getting on the Marvel one to get properly hyped for the next year of Marvel movies.
Max Power
AG
Dang, that theory makes a lot of sense, I like it.
Sex Panther
AG
Max Power said:

Dang, that theory makes a lot of sense, I like it.

Yeah that's definitely a bingo
jeffk
AG
I don't think I can root for those golden weirdos though.
SeattleAgJr
Or Avengers 3 is Thanos getting the 5 known stones, , and we find out in that film where the 6th stone is, which will be the focus of Avengers 4.

It can be an entirely new item, location, whatnot, and does not have to have anything to do with the Sovereign.

Or, even lamer, the H stands for heroes, and is within each and every one of them (their "Soul"s, so to speak).
He takes a little essence from each and forges the Soul stone from that.
TexasAggie_02
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Or Avengers 3 is Thanos getting the 5 known stones, , and we find out in that film where the 6th stone is, which will be the focus of Avengers 4.

It can be an entirely new item, location, whatnot, and does not have to have anything to do with the Sovereign.

Or, even lamer, the H stands for heroes, and is within each and every one of them (their "Soul"s, so to speak).
He takes a little essence from each and forges the Soul stone from that.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Spider-Man 1 and 2 are still my favorites. May be nostalgia, but I just love them. Love the soundtracks, the Danny Elfman score, everything.
rhutton125
AG
Man, I forgot how much I hate fan theories.

"Okay, I know this sounds crazy but get this: CAP HAS IT. Okay so here's an out of context quote, and bear with me here, he's got a lot of soul? So wouldn't it be crazy if-"

Vomit.

(Making fun of the reddit post and posts like it, not anyone here. Yet.)
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Oh, I will definitely be owning this....

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
rhutton125 said:

"Okay, I know this sounds crazy but get this: CAP HAS IT. Okay so here's an out of context quote, and bear with me here, he's got a lot of soul? So wouldn't it be crazy if-"

Vomit.

If Thanos turns into Captain Planet, I will see this movie 87 times.
double aught
AG
I don't keep up with the stones and really don't have any interest in them. Am I alone in this?
TCTTS
AG
You're definitely not alone. I've seen every single movie theatrically, a few more than once, and still have no ****ing clue what's going on with the stones, nor do I really care. And I don't mean that in a flippant way, I just love the characters so much that plot has never really mattered to me much with this series.
Cromagnum
AG
Champ Bailey said:

rhutton125 said:

Vomit.

If Thanos turns into Captain Planet, I will see this movie 87 times.

That can't be true. What do you think happened to War Machine after he lost his legs?

mazag08
AG
TCTTS said:

You're definitely not alone. I've seen every single movie theatrically, a few more than once, and still have no ****ing clue what's going on with the stones, nor do I really care. And I don't mean that in a flippant way, I just love the characters so much that plot has never really mattered to me much with this series.

You have to be literally trying to not know what's going on with the stones after seeing each movie multiple times.
Bobcat06
AG
Guardians 2 is on Netflix

Nebula (Thanos's henchman attempting to retrieve stones) was captured by the Sovereign trying to steal "batteries".
TCTTS
AG
mazag08 said:

TCTTS said:

You have to be literally trying to not know what's going on with the stones after seeing each movie multiple times.

I said I've seen "a FEW more than once." Iron Man, The Avengers, both Guardians, Civil War, and Spider-Man. So very little stone-centric stuff amongst the batch

- Is the Tesseract still in Asgard? Oh, wait, no, Asgard was destroyed. Did they take it with them on that ship at the end of Ragnorok? And Thanos is going to wreck that ship I'm assuming, so I'm assuming he's come for it?

- I remember the Guardians of Galaxy selling one to Benecio del Toro, right? Was that a stone? Absolutely no clue what it was called, what it does, or what it looked like, though.

- And does Vision have one in his forehead or something? If so, how did he get it? Where did it come from? And what does it do? Because I can't remember at all.

That's literally all I can recall about the stones. Does Doctor Strange have one? Was that how he was looping time? Anyone else have one?

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything. I just straight up can't remember much about the stones at all. That's always been the least interesting stuff to me.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Guardians tried to sell to benecio, but backed out. They left it with Nova Corps.

Asgardians left the Aether with him.

Tesseract was on asgard, but we know from the infinity war trailer that Loki has it.
MooreTrucker
AG
TCTTS said:

mazag08 said:

TCTTS said:

I said I've seen "a FEW more than once." Iron Man, The Avengers, both Guardians, Civil War, and Spider-Man. So very little stone-centric stuff amongst the batch

- Is the Tesseract still in Asgard? Oh, wait, no, Asgard was destroyed. Did they take it with them on that ship at the end of Ragnorok? And Thanos is going to wreck that ship I'm assuming, so I'm assuming he's come for it?

- I remember the Guardians of Galaxy selling one to Benecio del Toro, right? Was that a stone? Absolutely no clue what it was called, what it does, or what it looked like, though.

- And does Vision have one in his forehead or something? If so, how did he get it? Where did it come from? And what does it do? Because I can't remember at all.

That's literally all I can recall about the stones. Does Doctor Strange have one? Was that how he was looping time? Anyone else have one?

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything. I just straight up can't remember much about the stones at all. That's always been the least interesting stuff to me.
interesting. You're the movie expert and yet you missed all of that, while I'm an average movie-going schmuck and I knew all of that. Some of it, though, did get clarified in the threads about the movies on here which is how I knew to pay attention to them.
First Page Last Page
Page 220 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.