*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,519,007 Views | 27741 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by YouBet
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Someone asked about the soul stone on the BP thread, which got me thinking...

Any chance "Adam" from guardians 2 shows up in infinity war?
Brick Tamland
I bet they save Adam Warlock for Guardians 3 or a future Avengers movie
rhutton125
AG
Yep - unfortunately James Gunn has said no Warlock til Guardians 3.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just got done watching Winter Soldier on blu-ray. I can't believe I never caught the Ezekiel 25:17 quote on Nick Fury's tombstone. Hilarious reference.

Also, "I'm your friend, and I'm with you till the end of the line" ****s me up every time.

Best MCU movie.
nickstro66
AG
Random thought I had while watching the Oscars, could Armie Hammer play Adam Warlock?
jackie childs
nickstro66 said:

Random thought I had while watching the Oscars, could Armie Hammer play Adam Warlock?
i don't know what Adam Warlock's personality is like, but if this picture is the look they're going for, it should be the guy who plays jamie lannister:

Farmer1906
AG
IF Spoiler**** (warning - it is a picture of a toy)

****All done
nickstro66
AG
That would be a great choice!
jtstanley4621
AG
Something else going around is Thor with an axe instead of his hammer I wonder what they're going to do in Infinity War for him to get that

Sidenote for anyone familiar with the Hulk comics: I thought I had read that Hulk's power increases exponentially, and it's tethered to how angry he is. Theoretically, could Hulk get angry enough to defeat Thanos by himself?
Farmer1906
AG
OnThor
they are speculating he's getting the matter by whatever he is doing in the trailer

jtstanley4621
AG
Hmmm.... I could see that. In retrospect i have no idea what's going on in that shot at all. Would make sense.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Theoretically, could Hulk get angry enough to defeat Thanos by himself?
Thanos? Yes, but once he gets even one of the stones he could take Hulk out pretty easily.
TCTTS
AG
TXAGFAN
AG
I have no idea what that twitter post is about, but I find those looping videos so weird/creepy...
TCTTS
AG
It's Damon as Loki and the third Hemsworth brother as Thor and the director is giddy that it's actaully happening.
AggieLitigator
We are getting a new Infinity War trailer in the next week!
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

It's Damon as Loki and the third Hemsworth brother as Thor and the director is giddy that it's actaully happening.
so is the Asgard play in Ragnarok probably the 2nd best "Thor" movie?
Kearney McRaven
Has this last infinity stone been identified/located? I recently re-watched GOTG2. In the scenes after the credits, Aisha/Kismet/Her (creator of Adam Warlock) of The Sovereign, shows off her new birthing pod with a bright yellowish-white light at the top. I think that is the soul stone. Based on her history it makes some since. I am curious if it has already been found, or if anyone else had this thought.
Farmer1906
AG
No, it has not been located.

The top theories:
It's the vibrainium meteor

Heimdal has it.

A new one a read, it's grown to the size of a planet and it's the orange plant in the trailer.

Warlock isn't supposed to be around until GotG3.
Kearney McRaven
What do you think about my idea?
TexasAggie_02
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
rhutton125
AG
PSA:

Jessica Jones season 2 premiers March 8th

Luke Cage season 2 will premier June 22nd
Sex Panther
AG
TXAGFAN said:

I have no idea what that twitter post is about, but I find those looping videos so weird/creepy...

You may just want to get off the internet
texasaggie04
AG
Kearney McRaven said:

Has this last infinity stone been identified/located? I recently re-watched GOTG2. In the scenes after the credits, Aisha/Kismet/Her (related to Adam Warlock) of The Sovereign, shows off her new birthing pod with a bight yellowish-white light at the top. I think that is the soul stone. Based on her history it makes some since. I am curious if it has already been found, or if anyone else had this thought.

I was thinking that's the energy from the harbulary batteries. That said...
Check out this theory
TajMaballer
AG
The dvd commentary on Thor Ragnarok has to be one of the funniest commentaries out there. I put it up there with Tropic Thunder where Robert Downey Jr stays in character until the credits roll.
fig96
AG
TajMaballer said:

The dvd commentary on Thor Ragnarok has to be one of the funniest commentaries out there. I put it up there with Tropic Thunder where Robert Downey Jr stays in character until the credits roll.
I'm trying to find time to watch, but his intros and behind the scenes clips are fantastic.
fig96
AG
Probably already posted but worth it again.

TCTTS
AG
Spider-Man: Homecoming is currently playing on Starz, as it has been for a few weeks now, and I just have to say, once again, that this movie is so damn good and so much fun. I've been catching parts of it here and there lately and it's just getting better and better since the theater. Even the few minor issues I had with it the first go around have completely evaporated. This really is my favorite of all six Spider-Man movies, no question.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Watched it again last might on Starz and completely agree.

Michael Keaton cannot be praised enough for his performance. His "dad talk" with Peter in the car may be the most chilling scene in any Marvel movie.
tx1c
AG
That's more of a Family Guy schtick, just not with Peter's voice.
TCTTS
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Well, this actually explains a lot:

Taika Waititi changed the location of Odin's scenes from New York to Norway 5 weeks before the movie's release.

I can see why. Odin dying in a New York street alley just doesn't have the dignity of him passing on peacefully on a cliff overlooking the sea.

This also explains why the Norway scenes had the worst CGI in the movie. Five weeks before release is really pushing those effects guys.
wangus12
AG
TCTTS said:

Digging Bucky's new arm
jtstanley4621
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Watched it again last might on Starz and completely agree.

Michael Keaton cannot be praised enough for his performance. His "dad talk" with Peter in the car may be the most chilling scene in any Marvel movie.
The thing that made the movie so great for me is it was essentially a high school movie at the base. And when I was in high school I know I was sweating bullets meeting my date's dad for prom. The twist that he's LEGITIMATELY a supervillian and a dangerous guy is kind of playing up on every high school dude's worst nightmare for that kind of situation. I thought that was such a great twist.
First Page Last Page
Page 219 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.