*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,520,658 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by The Porkchop Express
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm curious if it will be oversold as "important" like WW was.
YouBet
AG
BP looks great!

I'm predicting 94% on RT destroying the hopes and dreams of white, lesbian feminists all across the land.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
I don't know enough about this character to get excited by this trailer. I liked the action from him in Civil War but I'll admit to being someone who is going to take a wait and see approach on this one. I really like comic book movies, but I've passed on a few.
Farmer1906
AG
Blanco Jimenez said:

I don't know enough about this character to get excited by this trailer. I liked the action from him in Civil War but I'll admit to being someone who is going to take a wait and see approach on this one. I really like comic book movies, but I've passed on a few.
Like?
redline248
AG
You can probably find some animated Marvel shows on Netflix that will provide some more info on black panther. I think one of the Avenger shows, maybe assemble, has some good episodes on BP
fig96
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

I'm beyond excited for this one, looks incredible. Love the idea of seeing a place we've never been exposed to before, not to mention one that has SO much potential for killer visuals.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
The 2nd Thor, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange
gougler08
AG
Blanco Jimenez said:

Average, Real Bad, Very Good
TexasAggie_02
AG
Blanco Jimenez said:

• meh (but sets up Thor 3)
  • not marvel
  • amazing effects and decent enough story (leads into Thor 3)
CowtownAg06
AG
I also think Michael B Jordan will be an incredible villain. I'm hoping he's got a multi movie arc (I know zero about the comics).
hurleyag
AG
I was thinking the same thing.
fig96
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

I also think Michael B Jordan will be an incredible villain. I'm hoping he's got a multi movie arc (I know zero about the comics).
I've read some of the Black Panther comics and he's definitely got a role that could be extended, will be interesting to see how they decide to use him.

And agreed, I think he'll be awesome.
Farmer1906
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Loki has pretty much been the only one who's gotten multi movies as a bad guy.

Everyone else has been 1 and done.
hurleyag
AG
We saw Serkis' character in Age of Ultron. But I know what you meant.
fig96
AG
Farmer1906 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

Major villains yes, but a fair number of villain characters who hang around for different reasons. Winter Soldier, Nebula, Crossbones, Justin Hammer, Ulysses Klaue, Everett Ross, etc.
rhutton125
AG
I'm pretty confident Michael B will be in more than one film.

I'm a little worried about the action being a little too CGI / not enough realism but I'll wait and see (obviously), as well as watch the trailer again on a better screen.

The fights in Creed were great though so I'm not too worried. But Civil War set a high bar.
Farmer1906
AG
fig96 said:

Farmer1906 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

Major villains yes, but a fair number of villain characters who hang around for different reasons. Winter Soldier, Nebula, Crossbones, Justin Hammer, Ulysses Klaue, Everett Ross, etc.

Right, but none of them was the main villain for more than a movie or even 1 movie at all.

Winter Soldier is on Team Cap now. By the end of his movie he was already turning.

Nebula wasn't the main boss and was good by the 2nd movie.

Crossbones was B team in both movies. He was more of a plot point to push Socovia Accords.

Hammer was never a real villain.

Same with Klaue.

Ross wasn't a villain at all in Civil War.

We all know the knock on the MCU is its ever-rotating and mirror image villains.
benMath08
AG
I agree, MCU could go to another level if they can get a couple more Loki-quality returning villains.
TajMaballer
AG
The next 3 MCU movies have opportunities for the villains to have impacts down the road.

Killmonger- I wonder how he finishes the movie. If they keep him, how awesome would it be to put him on a Thunderbolts style team with Zemo, Abomination, and other villains.

Hela- Maybe keep her for Infinity War as the Death role for Thanos? They haven't mentioned Blanchett's involvement past Ragnarok, so maybe not. Hopefully she isn't one and done.

Thanos- at the very least, we get 2 movies with him.
Farmer1906
AG
We might get Vulture back in a later movie too.
Bobcat06
AG
Was Hammer in more than IM2?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Bobcat06 said:

Was Hammer in more than IM2?
No, but he needs a comeback in the worst way. No way should that have been the last we saw of him.

GiveEmHellBill
AG

Pretty cool.
rhutton125
AG
Mordo wasn't a villain in the first film but he will most definitely return.
fig96
AG
Farmer1906 said:

fig96 said:

Farmer1906 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

Right, but none of them was the main villain for more than a movie or even 1 movie at all.

Winter Soldier is on Team Cap now. By the end of his movie he was already turning.

Nebula wasn't the main boss and was good by the 2nd movie.

Crossbones was B team in both movies. He was more of a plot point to push Socovia Accords.

Hammer was never a real villain.

Same with Klaue.

Ross wasn't a villain at all in Civil War.

We all know the knock on the MCU is its ever-rotating and mirror image villains.
I realize, just making the observation. I explicitly stated they weren't major villains
swimmerbabe11
much better than earlier posters
redline248
AG
Is Marvel trying to change the stigma of February being the month for bad movies?
TexasAggie_02
AG
redline248 said:

Is Marvel trying to change the stigma of February being the month for bad movies?

Deadpool already did that
Sex Panther
AG
That commercial gets 10/10 just for using Vince Staples - Bag Bak
texasaggie04
AG
I'm sure Black Panther will be awesome, and I'll enjoy it. My only concern is that (given my limited knowledge of the movie it) it looks like the villain is going to be another hero-replica.

Like Iron Man fighting a guy in another suit of armor.
Or Ant Man fighting another guy with a similar suit.
Or Hulk fighting that big red hulk thing in the totally forgettable movie.
double aught
AG
How many times are we gonna see Black Panther jump on and off moving cars?

Other than that, very cool trailer.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Quote:

How many times are we gonna see Black Panther jump on and off moving cars?
as many as it takes
rhutton125
AG
Yeah I have a beef with repeated trailer moments. Kind of like Justice League having Come Together on two trailers - nope you've blown it, need a new song / action moment.

Thankfully the trailer keeps going!
scoop12
AG
Trailer looked awesome. Cant wait to see this.

I must be in the minority here, but I think Michael B Jordan looks terrible in this role. He has such a baby face, I just can't see him as some menacing villian. That haircut looks ridiculous too.
TCTTS
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 191 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.