*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,509,456 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Bobcat06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has she directed anything other than Unbroken?
israeliag
AG
Is she going to be in it too?

I could see Tomb Raider being a squeeze of Starlord.
TCTTS
AG
Seriously doubt this is true, for a number of reasons...

http://badassdigest.com/2015/02/09/will-angelina-jolie-direct-captain-marvel/
Sex Panther
AG
That doesn't make any sense
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I enjoyed unbroken... I'd be curious to see how she would do with a truer action movie, though.
AliasMan02
AG
Marvel has gone to great lengths to avoid drama in irs creative. I can't imagine they would take her on.
Noblemen06
AG
I couldn't tell if unbroken was bad because of her directing or trying to cram too much story into one feature length film. Either way, she's an underwhelming choice as a director of a Marvel property.
TajMaballer
AG
https://www.facebook.com/Marvel/posts/10153012125612488:0
cone
AG
AliasMan02
AG
Seems suspect to break on Facebook, but awesome if true. Writing has been on the wall for a while that this would eventually happen.
Bruce Almighty
AG
The interactions between Spider-Man and The Avengers could be awesome. I would love to see Hulk smash the crap out of him.
AliasMan02
AG
Holy hell. Real.
http://marvel.com
Saxsoon
AG
Holy ****ing ****

They both got over themselves
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company said: "Spider-Man is one of Marvel's great characters, beloved around the world. We're thrilled to work with Sony Pictures to bring the iconic web-slinger into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which opens up fantastic new opportunities for storytelling and franchise building."

AliasMan02
AG
So, it will be Peter Parker, right? Not Morales. That would be a huge jump.

I bet we see an established, experienced hero in Spidey. No origin. Maybe tie his story in with the invasion somehow... not that it is tied up in his origin, but maybe tell some backstory of Spidey being present in Manhattan at the time, helping on a street level.

And talk about totally nuts, if it's too late to use him in Civil War, he could even get a teaser intro in AoS. That would be quite an event.
Sex Panther
AG
Wow... that's huge

Smart move on Sony's part
Bobcat06
AG
Thank you Kim Jong Un!
TajMaballer
AG
So we have Spider-Man in the MCU and it's because Kim Jong Un got mad at a Seth Rogen and James Franco movie. Shout out to James Franco for bringing it full circle to the original Spidey movies.
Saxsoon
AG
Aggie_Journalist
AG
From that press release, it sounds like they will squeeze him into civil war?

quote:
Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago
July 28, 2017 was the announced date for Thor Ragnarok. The only MCU movies coming out before then are Civil War (May 2016), Dr. Strange (Nov. 2016) and GotG 2 (May 2017).

But with Spiderman taking Thor's spot ... this whole calendar might be out the window.
Saxsoon
AG
TajMaballer
AG

Hopefully they can get JK Simmons to play Jameson again!
MrPlow2010
AG
Spider-Man has always been my favorite comic book character and I can't wait to see what Marvel will do with the character. I hope they have him use his powers in a way we haven't seen in the previous movies. I know Marvel will finally get Spider-Man right.
AliasMan02
AG
They will have to slide back Thor and Black Panther s but. They won't move the Avengers flicks.

And yes it looks like Mr. Stark will be having a talk with a young man about being his poster child... though with no unmasking angle, I don't know how thst goes.
TajMaballer
AG
From THR.com

quote:
Thor: Ragnarock has been moved to Nov. 3, 2017 from its July 28, 2017 date. Black Panther will now open July 6, 2018, moving from Nov. 3, 2017. Captain Marvel moved to Nov. 2, 2018 from July 6, 2018, while Inhumans is slotted for July 12, 2019, from its original Nov. 2, 2018 date.
nickstro66
AG
Wonder if they will keep Andrew Garfield
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Wonder if they will keep Andrew Garfield

Apparently not. Fresh face.
Bobcat06
AG
Maybe slide Dr Stange up to July 2016 and Thor to Nov 2016?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Marvel's money-printing machine is gonna need to be oiled.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
From THR.com

quote:
Thor: Ragnarock has been moved to Nov. 3, 2017 from its July 28, 2017 date. Black Panther will now open July 6, 2018, moving from Nov. 3, 2017. Captain Marvel moved to Nov. 2, 2018 from July 6, 2018, while Inhumans is slotted for July 12, 2019, from its original Nov. 2, 2018 date.

That sorta reinforces the idea that Infinity Wars 2 will have some pretty big cast changes from 1, if you're doing a Black Panther movie between them.
R0GUE
AG
nickstro66
AG
Any chance we'll still get a Venom movie or will that be out the window?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Venom vs Avengers

I don't GAF how they do it, just do it.
TajMaballer
AG
Also #Donald4Spiderman is revived!!!
PatAg
AG
Are we worried about the sentence that states Sony will retain final creative control?
First Page Last Page
Page 21 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.