*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,509,513 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From Badass Digest, who talks a bit about the potential deal, and the fact that Avi Arad and Feige absolutely hate each other, which is a (small) part of what has kept this deal from happening in the past...

http://badassdigest.com/2015/01/14/spider-man-may-return-home-for-avengers-infinity-war-part-i/
The Debt
Evil post
The Devil
Congrats
Red Five
AG
Hope it happens. Spider-man is the heart of Marvel. They need to get him back.
Saxsoon
AG
I would freak out if Spidey does indeed show up
israeliag
AG
That would be perfect for Marvel, with Spidey to carry the MCU after Phase 3.
Bobcat06
AG
If I'm Feige/Disney and I get rights to Spidey, I start leaking that he will be introduced to the MCU in Infinity Wars in order to set expetations, then have him unmasked in Civil War when no one is expecting it and to set him up as a leader before Infinity Wars.
Red Five
AG
Except Spidey is a notorious loner. He has been part of the Avengers for the past 10 years because Bendis puts him in basically every series he can, but he is always portrayed as being fairly uncomfortable with the situation. He definitely isnt a leader type.

I agree with you though that having him show up in Civil War would be ideal, given his relationship to that storyline and Tony in particular.
jackie childs
quote:
If I'm Feige/Disney and I get rights to Spidey, I start leaking that he will be introduced to the MCU in Infinity Wars in order to set expetations, then have him unmasked in Civil War when no one is expecting it and to set him up as a leader before Infinity Wars.
keeping something like that under wraps would be an even greater feat than getting the spidey rights back in the first place
AliasMan02
AG
not sure spidey unmasking does anything because civil war won't be about secret identities
FL_Ag1998
AG
Just a quick side note, a thanks to all of those that suggested any early deserters of Agents of Shield give it another shot. I gave up on it after the 8th episode or so, but was convinced to give it another try after so many on here said it got better each episode. I just finished Season 1 and was not only pleasantly surprised at how much better it did get, but actually ended up really liking it.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Just a quick side note, a thanks to all of those that suggested any early deserters of Agents of Shield give it another shot. I gave up on it after the 8th episode or so, but was convinced to give it another try after so many on here said it got better each episode. I just finished Season 1 and was not only pleasantly surprised at how much better it did get, but actually ended up really liking it.
I think it's fun and has good moments, but in my opinion is optional viewing. Going forward, it should be interesting because it looks like it's going to be a little ahead of the movies in terms of the Inhumans.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
quote:
I think it's fun and has good moments, but in my opinion is optional viewing. Going forward, it should be interesting because it looks like it's going to be a little ahead of the movies in terms of the Inhumans.

Interesting (regarding the inhumans). Then again, I've been watching the cartoon Marvel stuff with my son for a few years now and its obvious how well Marvel has their stuff together. By that I mean they've done a very good job of tying their ancillary TV stuff into their movie universe prior to the movies coming out. By the time a movie comes out I'm well versed in the characters and plot lines because the TV stuff primed me for them. And more importantly (from Marvel's point of view) my son knows the characters and plot lines and wants to see the movies.
BeefAg_00~
Has the Black Panther role been cast yet? I think Johnny Galecki would be a nice fit. Or maybe Zachary Quinto.
Fat Bib Fortuna
They should keep Spidey a secret, have him show up, and get killed in the first 30 seconds of Infinity War.
redline248
AG
That would be both hilarious and a total cock move.
AMW2010
AG
Yes it has, Chadwick Boseman
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Yes it has, Chadwick Boseman
I am not sure if you got the joke
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
They should keep Spidey a secret, have him show up, and get killed in the first 30 seconds of Infinity War.
that would scar so many children. like "Transformers: The Movie" from the 1980s.

do it.
BigRobSA
quote:
Has the Black Panther role been cast yet? I think Johnny Galecki would be a nice fit. Or maybe Zachary Quinto.
Both would be excellent choices.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:
Both would be excellent choices.
I prefer some diversity in my comic movies
Bruce Almighty
AG
So if Iron Man has a cameo in Dr Strange, will Stark tell him "No **** Sherlock" at any point in the movie?
Ambres
AG
What is funny about Marvel not having Fantastic Four, X-men and Spidermen.. would be like DC comics not having Batman, Justice League and Teen Titans and just using the Justice Society heading.. (I know bad example)

X-men and Spiderman were prior to the movies the two most popular Marvel brands. Fantastic Four .. back in the 60's was their top brand.. has slid down a lot since then.

Fox and Sony have to figure out a way to work with Disney to incorporate the characters together because if they don't.. DC is going to overtake them.

People want to see Capt America vs Wolverine.. or Hulk vs Wolverine .. or Spiderman vs Ant Man (I kid).
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
So if Iron Man has a cameo in Dr Strange, will Stark tell him "No **** Sherlock" at any point in the movie?
Maybe get Jude Law and Martin Freeman to have a Stan-Lee-like cameo, where they both walk by Stark and Strange, who look at them, then look at each other, and then shake their heads.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Even better if Jude Law said it and both responded.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Maybe have scene with Banner, Stark and Strange. Have banner say "it's elementary."
israeliag
AG
quote:
quote:
Maybe get Jude Law and Martin Freeman to have a Stan-Lee-like cameo, where they both walk by Stark and Strange, who look at them, then look at each other, and then shake their heads.
Or a jinx moment where Freeman and Law both say it. And Lucy Liu.
bearamedic99
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Or a jinx moment where Freeman and Law both say it. And Lucy Liu.

You just embarrassed yourself
jeffk
AG
Yeah, he really b-Liu it.
Aggie94
AG
quote:
What is funny about Marvel not having Fantastic Four, X-men and Spidermen.. would be like DC comics not having Batman, Justice League and Teen Titans and just using the Justice Society heading.. (I know bad example)

X-men and Spiderman were prior to the movies the two most popular Marvel brands. Fantastic Four .. back in the 60's was their top brand.. has slid down a lot since then.

Fox and Sony have to figure out a way to work with Disney to incorporate the characters together because if they don't.. DC is going to overtake them.

People want to see Capt America vs Wolverine.. or Hulk vs Wolverine .. or Spiderman vs Ant Man (I kid).
Fox and Sony are going to have to be the ones that eventually give in/make a deal. Marvel Studios may not have the mutants and Spider-Man, but they have the rest of their universe to play with and apparently can make ANY hero/group a smash hit. That's the limitation on Fantastic Four and Spider-Man - there are only a finite amount of characters they have rights to. Right now Sony's left trying to figure out how to make a movie out of Spider-Man's villains. Who cares? Fantastic Four might as well be called "Space Explorers" for all the resemblance it has to Marvel's characters, and the likelihood that they can coordinate a film between FF and the X-Men seem to be slim to none (mainly b/c I expect the FF to fail, big time).
Saxsoon
AG
It's a good thing marvel doesn't have the rights to those movies. If they had, they would be in the position that DC is in resting on the laurels of their top brands. Do you seriously think we would have iron man being the hit that it was or even gotg if marvel still had the rights to those films?
fig96
AG
quote:
It's a good thing marvel doesn't have the rights to those movies. If they had, they would be in the position that DC is in resting on the laurels of their top brands. Do you seriously think we would have iron man being the hit that it was or even gotg if marvel still had the rights to those films?
That's a really interesting question. What would the Marvel Universe look like had they had X-Men and Spidey to develop as a first choice before Iron Man, Cap, Thor, and the rest of the Avengers?
Saxsoon
AG
Angelina Jolie is reportedly being offered $20M to direct Captain Marvel

If they don't get her, it is a priority that it is a female director
redline248
AG
Is Angelina any good as a director?
Saxsoon
AG
Supposedly the Marvel execs liked her latest film
First Page Last Page
Page 20 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.