*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,335,995 Views | 27125 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by TCTTS
nickstro66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm still going to hold out hope that we will see a Venom vs Carnage movie
Saxsoon
AG
I am not. Feige is co-producing and he will probably walk if it is not to his liking.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
I'm still going to hold out hope that we will see a Venom vs Carnage movie

Just do not hold your breath.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
Are we worried about the sentence that states Sony will retain final creative control?

It's there to prevent Feige from killing off Spiderman in Infinity Wars. That's about it.
TCTTS
AG
Christian Rivera @RivalMyDesign
What if the new Spidey actor's identity was revealed in Civil War once Spidey reveals his identity to the world. Oh man.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
Are we worried about the sentence that states Sony will retain final creative control?

It's there to prevent Feige from killing off Spiderman in Infinity Wars. That's about it.

While Sony owns the film rights to Spidey, Marvel will still be able to control the storylines/what happens if Sony wants to be able to play in the MCU.

This is about two things:
1. Marvel can use Spidey here/there in the MCU movies.
but most importantly
2. Sony can again reboot Spider-man but this time they can build their stories around/as part of the larger MCU. This means that MCU characters can appear in Spider-man movies. Plus it gives "Sony Spider-man" comic book nerd credibility as to what they will do with the character.

This is not about merchandising. Sony already sold those rights back to Disney/Marvel, so Marvel gets that money anyway. This is just about bringing the character back into the fold for both studios, and to allow greater opportunities and revenues.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
What if the new Spidey actor's identity was revealed in Civil War once Spidey reveals his identity to the world. Oh man.

Meaning, no one would know what actor was Peter Parker/Spiderman until his mask was revealed in the film? Awesome in theory, but Hollywood can't keep secrets like that. (although I'm sure this tweet was just a pipe dream to begin with)
The same comic nerds who claim they would love that would also be staking out the film set trying to get the scoop. And every actor involved would be tweeting out hints and clues to show how cool they are because they know.

It would get discovered in under a week of announcing that was the plan, unfortunately.
Ambres
AG
So .. where does that leave old Avi Arad .. his movies gross a little under ~$4B ... seems like that kinda of left out all these messages.

Funny the Spiderman flops - Amazing Spiderman 2 (~$700M) and Spiderman 3 ($890M) all made lots of money.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'm happy they're are going to get a new actor for Spider-Man. I never liked Andrew Garfield.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
So .. where does that leave old Avi Arad .. his movies gross a little under ~$4B ... seems like that kinda of left out all these messages.

Funny the Spiderman flops - Amazing Spiderman 2 (~$700M) and Spiderman 3 ($890M) all made lots of money.

I believe each Spider-Man movie has made less than the one before.
bearamedic99
AG
quote:
quote:

Meaning, no one would know what actor was Peter Parker/Spiderman until his mask was revealed in the film? Awesome in theory, but Hollywood can't keep secrets like that. (although I'm sure this tweet was just a pipe dream to begin with)
The same comic nerds who claim they would love that would also be staking out the film set trying to get the scoop. And every actor involved would be tweeting out hints and clues to show how cool they are because they know.

It would get discovered in under a week of announcing that was the plan, unfortunately.
You make me think of that pizza commercial (Little Caesars?) where the father announces that they are going off the grid. I would go off the grid if Marvel asked fans to keep the actor's name a secret.
AliasMan02
AG
Another great thing about this is Marvel access to Spidey's rogues. Osborn is a great villain. Venom obviously has good crossover potential as a Dark Avenger or even a SHIELD agent. I don't think Sony has rights to Kingpin, though. Other villains can be great in lesser roles.
Ambres
AG
AliasMan .. yea but they still made crazy money compare to most movies.

Here is the breakdown according to wiki

Amazing Spiderman 2 - $708M Worldwide (WW)
Amazing Spiderman - $752M WW
Spiderman 2 - $783M WW
Spiderman - $821M WW
Spiderman 3 - $890M WW
Capt American 2: Winter Soldier made $714M.. so poor Arid .. his movies .. even his bad ones made the same or more then the best Capt America and better then any Superman movie.

Note: Avengers, the last two Batman's and Iron Man 3 all made over $1B..

So in-conclusion ... putting a stamp on a movie w/ a Spider which mades more money then Man of Steel $668M (the top earning Superman). Sony expects to break the $1B mark WW.. if they merge with MCU.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Ok, so I just woke up to this news, and I'M SO EXCITED
israeliag
AG
Yay to the hope of Donald Glover being Spiderman again, and to no more Avi Arad
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
I'm happy they're are going to get a new actor for Spider-Man. I never liked Andrew Garfield.

This times a million.... Him being british is part of it as he just can't act like Peter Parker when he's spending half his brain power trying to do an American accent.

jeffk
AG
quote:

AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!!!
Bruce Almighty
AG
Cue the Jessie Spano gif
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Since Spider-Man is appearing in the MCU before his next movie, and that movie has to be in 2016, it has to be Civil War right? I mean I doubt he's going to appear in Dr. Strange.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Since Spider-Man is appearing in the MCU before his next movie, and that movie has to be in 2016, it has to be Civil War right? I mean I doubt he's going to appear in Dr. Strange.

This is a certainty, I think. Only question will be his role. They will have to establish who he is... in the cold open, maybe? I bet he is involved in whatever the incident is that triggers the registration argument.
AgMarauder04
AG
Someone on the radio today said 2016 is the first appearance, which would fit with Civil War...
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
quote:

This is a certainty, I think. Only question will be his role. They will have to establish who he is... in the cold open, maybe? I bet he is involved in whatever the incident is that triggers the registration argument.
I think they will do this in a similar way as they are introducing Hank Pym. Hank Pym has always been a part of the MCU, but we are just now seeing him. I think Spider-Man will be a street level hero, similar to Daredevil, young and inexperienced, who is hunted down as part of the Civil War story line, and that's how he's brought in.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I guess he could make a cameo in the Daredevil tv show, though it may be to late for that. The two do work together quite a bit.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
It was like I was a kid and it was f-ing Christmas morning and the U.S.S. Flagg from G.I. Joe was under the tree (geek nirvana achieved).
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Although the new movie dates are interesting. Now Black Panther and Captain Marvel are between Infinity Wars 1 and 2, instead of Captain Marvel and Inhumans and Inhumans is after Infinity Wars Part 2. I assumed Inhumans were going to play a big role in the Infinity Wars storyline, and they still might but I'm curious as to how this is going to shift things around in the story telling.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Looks like it will be Civil War! Awesome

Sinister Six is being delayed though, which is fine, I don't think anyone was begging for that movie.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Cap better give Spidey this speech from the comics, and have Spidey's reaction which is awesome.

AliasMan02
AG
I'll be thinking about this all day unless i write it down.

How will Civil War launch? Something has to happen to sour Stark on the idea of independent heroes. My original thought was that this would be Pepper being killed during AoU, but I'm backing off of that now. I think we will see a case of heroic collateral damage that impacts Stark.

Whatever this is seems like it must involve Wakanda in some way to draw Black Panther into it. Now it seems that it must also involve Spidey, to wrap him into the story and establish him.

Presumably, Spidey's role will be as the poster child for the independent superhero. Beloved by the city. For this reason, Stark will seek him out to help gain public support for his proposal that only government sanctioned heroes be allowed to do their thing.

I think what you'll see is a private superhero do serious damage in pursuit of some villain. Damages the UN and kills some people, causing an international incident with Wakanda. Spider-man is involved in saving people. The result is a divided population, some calling for prosecution of vigilantes, others holding up Spidey as the ideal.

This leads to the encounter between Stark and Spidey later.

Nonregdrummer09
AG
In the comics, the Civil War storyline starts as a result of a botched attempt by some heroes to capture some bad dudes in hiding, resulting in a school being destroyed and kids being killed. It can be something as simple as that.
TexasAggie_02
AG
don't forget the teaser scene from Ultron where stark and cap are chopping wood. stark was for oversight, and cap said he had seen what that gets you (referring to shield/hydra).
redline248
AG
In the big Marvel press event in which they laid out the plan for all the new movies they showed that clip from Ultron b/w Stark and Rogers. Seems like the foundation for Stark's motivation will be set in that movie.
AliasMan02
AG
That is why i initially thought maybe Pepper was killed.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!!!
I'M ABOUT TO LOSE CONTROL AND I THINK I LIKE IT
wangus12
AG
So is Garfield doing the Amazing Spidey 3 or is that not gonna happen, thus we see Spidey in Civil War with a new actor and then his independent film is the same actor?
BigTimeAlum
AG
Right now there aren't that many super powered humans to register. So something has to happen in Age of Ultron to unleash the Inhumans across the world. That has to be the catalyst. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense.
First Page Last Page
Page 22 of 776

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.