*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,344,593 Views | 27127 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by TCTTS
Quinn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New actor for all spider man movies going forward (hopefully Donald Glover).
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Right now there aren't that many super powered humans to register. So something has to happen in Age of Ultron to unleash the Inhumans across the world. That has to be the catalyst. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

Good point. I think we've seen that Hydra is invested in creating superhumans like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, so that angle makes sense.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
You have to remember that the Civil War storyline in the comics was huge, and they are doing an adaptation that is going to be one movie, so they can't have that many characters.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Right now there aren't that many super powered humans to register. So something has to happen in Age of Ultron to unleash the Inhumans across the world. That has to be the catalyst. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense.
I think it already happened in Agents of SHIELD at the midseason when they released the Terrigen Mists
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Jeremy Jahns says Deadpool should appear and give Spideys background....brilliant!!!
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
I think it already happened in Agents of SHIELD at the midseason when they released the Terrigen Mists

True, but the movie has to stand alone. They'll have to find a new way to intro the Inhumans.
jeffk
AG
quote:
Would be AWESOME.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Jeremy Jahns says Deadpool should appear and give Spideys background....brilliant!!!
except deadpool is fox, right?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
The mist only effected the three people in that room, otherwise everyone else would have died like the human agent did.

Agents of Shield did seem to suggest there are already Inhumans out there with other terragin crystals, but it's probably a moot point as Civil War will likely be more of a continuation of captain America 2's themes of government overreaching it's powers in the name of security and the dangers than can pose.
fig96
AG
quote:
Another great thing about this is Marvel access to Spidey's rogues. Osborn is a great villain. Venom obviously has good crossover potential as a Dark Avenger or even a SHIELD agent. I don't think Sony has rights to Kingpin, though. Other villains can be great in lesser roles.
Kingpin would be attached to Daredevil I believe, which means those rights are now back at Marvel?

All I know is I'm really excited about all this.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
quote:
Would be AWESOME.
You can't just throw Miles Morales in Civil War, people don't know who he is. As a die hard Spidey fan from a kid, I want Peter Parker to suit up with Captain America in Civil War, not Miles Morales. You can follow the Ultimates story line for Morales in the subsequent movies.
israeliag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Would be AWESOME.
You can't just throw Miles Morales in Civil War, people don't know who he is. As a die hard Spidey fan from a kid, I want Peter Parker to suit up with Captain America in Civil War, not Miles Morales. You can follow the Ultimates story line for Morales in the subsequent movies.
Why couldn't Donald Glover play Peter Parker?
BigRobSA
Peter Parker OD'd on tanning pills?
Quinn
AG
I didn't even know there were two different Spider Mans (Men? Mens?) - I had just seen Donald Glover's name thrown out there before and thought he would be awesome for the role.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Would be AWESOME.
He's saying he wants the Peter Parker he grew up with and the Peter Parker he grew up with was white.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Would be AWESOME.
I'm gonna go with because the character is white and Donald Glover, however perfect for the role, is black
BigRobSA
quote:
quote:

He's saying he wants the Peter Parker he grew up with and the Peter Parker he grew up with was white.
Was PP ever NOT white?

If you want him as Morales, fine, he's perfect for that role. But simply making PP black, for PC reasons, is silly. Though, it's being done for Fantastic Four, so I won't be surprised if it happens here, too.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Here we go...this argument again.
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
Here we go...this argument again.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
toucan82
quote:

because he's too old for this ****
MASAXET
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Was PP ever NOT white?

If you want him as Morales, fine, he's perfect for that role. But simply making PP black, for PC reasons, is silly. Though, it's being done for Fantastic Four, so I won't be surprised if it happens here, too.

Casting a black guy automatically means it was only done for PC purposes? Not that they thought that particular actor was best suited for the role?

Not saying that a studio picking a black couldn't be done for PC reasons, but that's a mighty big assumption I think.

If you were agreeing and simply saying "if" they cast someone for PC reasons, then just ignore me as that's not how I read it.

(Sorry to engage in the sidetrack. I'll leave it alone)
Sex Panther
AG
It'll be JGL
israeliag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Was PP ever NOT white?

Wait, PP is white??? Donald Glover is Black?!?!

Sorry, I just don't see color.
wangus12
AG
quote:
I do. Its what makes people different, diverse and unique. I just don't judge people on the color of their skin
COOL LASER FALCON
Donald Glover would be an awesome Peter Parker/ Spiderman.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Liam Neeson would make a great Shaft.
TajMaballer
AG
quote:

Michael Cera or GTFO
AgMarauder04
AG
Fan made trailer for Cap 3....
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
He would be horrible. But, if you want a reverse equivalent, Adrien Brody would have made a good Nick Fury.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
quote:
I do. Its what makes people different, diverse and unique. I just don't judge people on the color of their skin
Agree. People that say they don't see color are talking out their ass. Thread officially derailed.
Quinn
AG
#DonaldforSpiderman is trending on twitter - you can't stop this momentum!!
fig96
AG
If there's one studio who knows how to cave to public opinion, it's Sony.
Saxsoon
AG
I think you can get away with a black Human Torch because let's be honest, is part of an ensemble cast and it not as well known. We have had 5 . . .5 movies with a white Peter Parker who is infinitely more recognizable and is up there with Bats and Supes. I just don't see how they could do a black Peter Parker without even further confusing the audience, especially with the recent movies. And I would love Donald Glover in the role.
First Page Last Page
Page 23 of 776

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.