*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

4,617,670 Views | 31126 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by jokershady
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:





Never forget.

nickstro66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So does this mean we can get a good adaptation of Kraven's Last Hunt in the MCU?
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saxsoon said:

TCTTS said:

SPOILERS for those who haven't seen the movie yet, but give this video a watch. The character needs an arc, and I'd argue the arc is more effective starting where it did, in this movie, than had it started in otherwise more neutral territory. Personally, I like that Marvel isn't playing it safe with these characters...




This seemed fairly obvious to me


fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On New Rockstars, Eric and Jessica started talking about how they want their Rogue to be Southern and started talking about "she needs to go to church", "she's eaten at Whataburger".

And the very TexAgs relevant comment, Eric says "I want a Rogue who's been to an Auburn football game wearing a dress and had to look the other way when one of her friends said something racist".
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fig96 said:

On New Rockstars, Eric and Jessica started talking about how they want their Rogue to be Southern and started talking about "she needs to go to church", "she's eaten at Whataburger".

And the very TexAgs relevant comment, Eric says "I want a Rogue who's been to an Auburn football game wearing a dress and had to look the other way when one of her friends said something racist".
she was a regular at Waffle House and may have energy drained a guy during a fight that broke out after Alabama beat them
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can you post the video
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They did a long Q&A on Brand New Day (lots of spoilers), the Rogue part starts around minute 20. They also cover some other X-Men casting rumors.

TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fig96 said:

On New Rockstars, Eric and Jessica started talking about how they want their Rogue to be Southern and started talking about "she needs to go to church", "she's eaten at Whataburger".

And the very TexAgs relevant comment, Eric says "I want a Rogue who's been to an Auburn football game wearing a dress and had to look the other way when one of her friends said something racist".


TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
scoop12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What he meant to say was "we have no idea what we're doing without Marvel leading the charge"
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Lol no it's not.

That's a wild opening but it won't get close to TFA's final gross.




rhutton125
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like Cailee Spaeny a lot but the realest Rogue is from the 90s cartoon which means T&A that don't quit.
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rhutton125 said:

I like Cailee Spaeny a lot but the realest Rogue is from the 90s cartoon which means T&A that don't quit.
to be fair a lot of the female x-men / superhero's fit this description…cause you know…teenage boys
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah still don't think it gets to #1.

But, admittedly may be closer than I previously thought.

#2 is looking probable.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You're probably right.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm gonna watch it 1-2 more times at least.
I loved this movie.
I hope I did not offend anybody with this post. If I did, please come see me at my address in my profile so we can talk.
veryfuller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Idk it will be close to $700 million after this weekend, which is crazy.
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

fig96 said:

On New Rockstars, Eric and Jessica started talking about how they want their Rogue to be Southern and started talking about "she needs to go to church", "she's eaten at Whataburger".

And the very TexAgs relevant comment, Eric says "I want a Rogue who's been to an Auburn football game wearing a dress and had to look the other way when one of her friends said something racist".




Between Sadie Sink as Jean Grey, Samara Weaving as Emma Frost, and Cailee Spaeny as Rogue that's a hell of a good start. Inde Navarette rumored as Mystique would be a good one as well. Hopefully they keep that going with the men but it's only rumors at this point. Adam Driver as Mr. Sinister, Bill Skarsgard or Tom Pelphrey as Professor Xavier, Charles Melton as Beast, and Drew Starkey or Cooper Hoffman as Cyclops, but I think Hoffman denied that recently.

I wonder if Marvel will consider Wolverine untouchable, at least for now. Who wants to try to follow Jackman in that role anyway?
FL_Ag1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Right, I think simply because of how heavily they've leaned on Wolverine and the fan attachment to Hugh Jackman they need to avoid the Wolverine character for a good 3 or 4 movies. Let the fans semi forget about Jackman and grow attached to this new generation of X-men first.
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really want a Bill Skarsgard professor.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Missouri isn't the south
Bruce Almighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Missouri isn't the south

If Arkansas is the south then so is southern Missouri. The Ozarks is very southern.
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

maroon barchetta said:

Missouri isn't the south

If Arkansas is the south then so is southern Missouri. The Ozarks is very southern.
Missouri is the kid standing off to the side who gets picked last because the teams are un-even….
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Missouri isn't the south

Well if that's where we're going neither is Texas.
Bruce Almighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Growing up in Houston and living the last 14 years in Springfield, MO, other than geography, Springfield is more southern than Houston. Kansas City and St. Louis are not southern. It's like Florida. Miami is not a southern city.
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jackman was great in the role (and Logan is an all-timer superhero movie), but I'd really love to see a somewhat more comic accurate character in the MCU.

Let's cast someone at least half a foot shorter.
Claude!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fig96 said:

Jackman was great in the role (and Logan is an all-timer superhero movie), but I'd really love to see a somewhat more comic accurate character in the MCU.

Let's cast someone at least half a foot shorter.

Tom Cruise?
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bruce Almighty said:

maroon barchetta said:

Missouri isn't the south

If Arkansas is the south then so is southern Missouri. The Ozarks is very southern.


Someone doesn't understand the Midwest.
Bruce Almighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Bruce Almighty said:

maroon barchetta said:

Missouri isn't the south

If Arkansas is the south then so is southern Missouri. The Ozarks is very southern.


Someone doesn't understand the Midwest.


I live in Missouri. You've never been to Branson.
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Claude! said:

fig96 said:

Jackman was great in the role (and Logan is an all-timer superhero movie), but I'd really love to see a somewhat more comic accurate character in the MCU.

Let's cast someone at least half a foot shorter.

Tom Cruise?

I mean he honestly would be a fascinating choice if he were like 15-20 years younger.

I don't know that it would work, but I'd sure as hell watch.
FL_Ag1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fig96 said:

Jackman was great in the role (and Logan is an all-timer superhero movie), but I'd really love to see a somewhat more comic accurate character in the MCU.

Let's cast someone at least half a foot shorter.


Agreed.
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bruce Almighty said:

maroon barchetta said:

Bruce Almighty said:

maroon barchetta said:

Missouri isn't the south

If Arkansas is the south then so is southern Missouri. The Ozarks is very southern.


Someone doesn't understand the Midwest.


I live in Missouri. You've never been to Branson.


No. I've never wanted to go see Yakov Smirnoff do a show and say "what a country!" when it wasn't funny 35 years ago either.

Also don't want to walk around town staring at women wearing Dolly Parton wigs.

Or most other Branson stuff.
RikkiTikkaTagem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fig96 said:

Jackman was great in the role (and Logan is an all-timer superhero movie), but I'd really love to see a somewhat more comic accurate character in the MCU.

Let's cast someone at least half a foot shorter.


Roy Kent/Brett Goldstein got the right attitude. Hot headed but you still like the guy. Don't know if he's got the look for it.
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RikkiTikkaTagem said:

fig96 said:

Jackman was great in the role (and Logan is an all-timer superhero movie), but I'd really love to see a somewhat more comic accurate character in the MCU.

Let's cast someone at least half a foot shorter.


Roy Kent/Brett Goldstein got the right attitude. Hot headed but you still like the guy. Don't know if he's got the look for it.

Totally, I think he could pull it off.

He seems bigger but looks like he's 5'11", so not huge but he's not a small guy. Has actually also already appeared in a Marvel film FWIW.
First Page Last Page
Page 884 of 890 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.