*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,516,881 Views | 27739 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by C@LAg
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Not for those of us who value uncompressed 4K. But to answer your question, yes, they'll all be available on Disney+. Still, personally, as long as it exists, I will never give up owning my favorite movies on physical media, if only because they're more reliable than an internet connection.
Same here. I still want movies and at least my favorite music in physical format of some kind. Old fashioned I guess,
Farmer1906
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/05/05/movies/avengers-endgame-box-office.amp.html

Estimated 146 M on the 2nd weekend which is 2nd to only TFA's 149 M.

It also moves into #2 all time in the worldwide box office behind only Avatar.
AMW2010
AG
Sitting at #2!

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

Take that titanic! Coming for dances with... I meant Avatar!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MooreTrucker said:

TCTTS said:

Not for those of us who value uncompressed 4K. But to answer your question, yes, they'll all be available on Disney+. Still, personally, as long as it exists, I will never give up owning my favorite movies on physical media, if only because they're more reliable than an internet connection.
Same here. I still want movies and at least my favorite music in physical format of some kind. Old fashioned I guess,
I have been pretty much the same way, but lately I have been purchasing more media in a digital-only format. I have run out of storage space for more discs, to put it plainly. With regard to BR/DVD, I am on a countdown for the last discs that I anticipate purchasing; I am going to complete out two long-running collections that I have, the MCU and Star Wars. Once I get Captain Marvel, Avengers Endgame, and Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker on physical disc, that will be it.

TCTTS
AG
Olsen
AG
Poor George Lucas. This did not age well.

TCTTS
AG
New Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer drops in the morning as well.

A new era in the MCU, a new era in the MCU thread...
swimmerbabe11
Now that all is said and done... seeing Jane back made me think of her.

How much different is Thor and the MCU and this movie and ragnarock and and and if Natalie Portman hadn't quit?
bearamedic99
AG
And and and?

Who knows? They chose to make her character more than just eye candy/damsel so she was not as easy to replace. Though I guess with all of her smarts, she was still too underpowered to be more than a damsel when compared to Sif or Thor's foes.

IMO, there we're better characters to spend screen time on than Jane Foster.
MooreTrucker
AG
Proud of yourself, I suppose?
swimmerbabe11
The and and and was just a silly way of saying etc or implying the ricochet effect.

Like... I think the fat thor storyline wouldnt have made sense if she was still in the picture.

I don't have wishful thinking about them still being together or anything, but the original plan was not to write her out. She quit and they adjusted. I just thought it was an interesting idea.
Post removed:
by user
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Bobcat06
AG
So it sounds like Phase 4 will have a lot of multiverse characters
Farmer1906
AG
That officially looks 10x better than before now that endgame has happened.
MooreTrucker
AG
How hilariously ironic that Tom Holland, notorious spoiler, is warning off of the trailer to avoid spoilers.
AgsMnn
AG
X-men?
swimmerbabe11
Ok happy giving me feels.
FL_Ag1998
AG
That looks really fun, and loved seeing him be a smart-ass with the cops, i.e. becoming the Spiderman we know and live.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Olsen
AG
So this multiverse where Mysterio came from is how Sony would incorporate Tom Holland's Spider-Man into their own multiverse with Tom Hardy's Venom and out of the Marvel Studios' MCU?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TexasAggie_02
AG
jackie childs
Good Aggie Hunting said:

So this multiverse where Mysterio came from is how Sony would incorporate Tom Holland's Spider-Man into their own multiverse with Tom Hardy's Venom and out of the Marvel Studios' MCU?
i suppose they could, although it could also be a way for the MCU to introduce the Fantastic Four and X-men (and related villains) without having to account for where they've been the previous 15 years of the MCU prime timeline.
TexasAggie_02
AG
or what if mysterio is full of crap. isn't that his thing, lying, making illusions?
Sex Panther
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

or what if mysterio is full of crap. isn't that his thing, lying, making illusions?

Oh wow, that's actually a really good point
TexasAggie_02
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

I will actually be disappointed if they give him actual powers in this film.

I've been good with everything Marvel has done so far taking their characters from the comics to the movies (like Wanda and Pietro being given powers from an infinity stone and not being mutants), but this would be one change I disagree with.

Mysterio is supposed to be a fraud. All domed hat and no cattle.

Which is why I watched that new trailer wondering how he's pulling off this con on SHIELD. EVERYTHING that we see and hear about him in this trailer should turn out to be a lie. And since he's never been about power or ruling anyone, this whole scheme he's pulling should be about money. He's trying to pull a massive heist and he's using SHIELD (and Spiderman) to help him pull it off. Maybe he's actually from a multiverse Earth and he knows how to manipulate SHIELD because he's done it before.

That's what better happen in this movie.
redline248
AG
So we're calling Nick Fury and Maria Hill SHIELD?
tamusc
AG
redline248 said:

Based on the post credits scene from IW (and the fact that there's other people in that basement/tunnel command post, there's more than just the two of them. Now whether it's still called SHIELD, who knows. They referred to "Control" in the IW post credit scene.
MBAR
AG
So it appears the Nice to finaly meet you line was just trailer misdirection? Pretty good if true.
Dr. Horrible
Dammit! I'm not ready for tickets to be on sale yet! I haven't figured out my weekend plans for the 4th!
TexasAggie_02
AG
tamusc said:

redline248 said:

Based on the post credits scene from IW (and the fact that there's other people in that basement/tunnel command post, there's more than just the two of them. Now whether it's still called SHIELD, who knows. They referred to "Control" in the IW post credit scene.

Control, huh?

TexasAggie_02
AG
MBAR said:

So it appears the Nice to finaly meet you line was just trailer misdirection? Pretty good if true.

Yeah, they were both at Tony's funeral
First Page Last Page
Page 385 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.