*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,354,866 Views | 27148 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by C@LAg
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Endgame tops 500 M in China.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/avengers-endgame-crosses-500-million-china-1206825
Farmer1906
AG
Endgame is now #7 in worldwide box office. It's got very similar splits (domestic%/overseas%) as Avatar. It's over halfway to Avatar's today before the 2nd weekend.
Bobcat06
AG
I've seen a lot of speculation about Phase 4 villians. There's an obvious one no one has been mentioning: Justin Hammer
redline248
AG
What happened to him at the end of IM2?

Edit, why did you spoiler tag that?
Sex Panther
AG
He's in prison
Farmer1906
AG
He was more comic relief. Maybe a smaller scale TV villain.
dave94
AG
TCTTS said:

"Whatever it costs."

What did it cost?

Everything.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here's where Endgame currently stands domestically. (Vs the only movie that is comparable, TFA)

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/custom-comparisons/Avengers-Endgame-(2019)/Star-Wars-Ep-VII-The-Force-Awakens

After 6 days:
Endgame - $452M
TFA - $363M

Seems to be starting to fall farther behind in the weekdays, but it's not a great comparison since kids were not in school in December for TFA.

Second weekend will be very telling. (TFA's 2nd weekend was $149M, -39%)
jtstanley4621
AG
Really hoping that Endgame can pass up Avatar if nothing more than for the fact that I won't have to hear about that movie ever again. It was not good at all.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If I were a betting man, I'd say a second weekend of $200M is the rough indicator of whether or not this is beating TFA.

That would be an incredible hold of -43%, and possibly enough to push it over the edge in the long run.

If it falls below 200, I see it getting very difficult to overtake TFA. (Summer competition, kids are not on vacation, etc.)
TCTTS
AG
Farmer1906
AG
There have only been 7 movies ever to open with 200 M. TFA didn't even sniff 200 M the 2nd weekend. Only 5 movies have hit 100 M the 2nd weekend. Right now it's still ~90 M ahead of TFA. If it tops TFA's 149 then I think it's still got a solid chance to pass it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The only summer movie in the top 5 is Infinity War, which did $678M. It's just hard to have really long legs in the summer.

So this movie will need significantly larger weekends to have any chance. Those % drops gotta stay well below 50%.

IMO.
jackie childs
i think Endgame's gonna have some legs. there are some interesting movies coming out, but not big blockbuster types that should knock Endgame out of the top spot.

i suppose John Wick 3 (5/17) has a shot. then you have Aladdin (5/24) and Godzilla (5/31).

for comparison, i think Deadpool 2 came out pretty soon after Infinity War
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I really enjoyed the John Wick movies, but the third one has no chance of knocking Endgame out of first place. Aladdin and Godzilla have a chance, I suppose, but I wouldn't be surprised if Endgame weathered those two as well. I guess time is going against Endgame by May 24 and beyond, considering it will have been in theaters for a month.
c-jags
Regardless of where it lands, making $90MM M-W is pretty impressive.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I'm the biggest John Wick fan, but the second one couldn't even beat the second 50 Shades movie when they both opened head-to-head.

JW3 will open higher than 2, but will still probably open behind Endgame.
TCTTS
AG
Aladdin will be the movie to dethrone Endgame. I think it looks terrible, but it's a big, family movie on Memorial Day Weekend.
caleblyn
Summer blockbusters typically will double their first 7 day take. I don't know what last night brought in but I assume Endgame is sitting at about $475MM after 7 days.

This would result is a $950MM total domestic take.
bearamedic99
AG
How much longer do you guys think the IMAX movie will be Endgame?
nickstro66
AG
SIAP but lost in the shuffle of all the Endgame stuff is that Marvel will be rolling out a Ghost Rider series on Hulu. I really like Ghost Rider and think he'd be an awesome character. Hopefully they have the budget to make him and his effects look good.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ghost-rider-gabriel-luna-hulu-series-1203202305/
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

Aladdin will be the movie to dethrone Endgame. I think it looks terrible, but it's a big, family movie on Memorial Day Weekend.
Yeah, we go see pretty much every big Disney/Marvel release and found ourselves in the "do we really want to go see this" conversation when we saw the poster outside the theater.

Maybe some people are excited about it, but as a fan of the original I just don't see what this brings to the table. I'm not a big fan of the way Lion King is looking either, but I can at least understand what they're trying to do with that one.
Dr. Horrible
nickstro66 said:

SIAP but lost in the shuffle of all the Endgame stuff is that Marvel will be rolling out a Ghost Rider series on Hulu. I really like Ghost Rider and think he'd be an awesome character. Hopefully they have the budget to make him and his effects look good.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ghost-rider-gabriel-luna-hulu-series-1203202305/
This part frustrates me:
Quote:

However, sources stress that this will be a completely new iteration of the character in no way connected to the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." storyline.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bearamedic99 said:

How much longer do you guys think the IMAX movie will be Endgame?
Until Aladdin is my guess.
Bobcat06
AG
FYI - the new Spiderman trailer arrives Monday and it's full of Endgame spoilers (for those of you who haven't seen it yet)

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2019/05/03/psa-the-new-spider-man-far-from-home-trailer-will-contain-endgame-spoilers
TexasAggie_02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Currently looks like a $148.5 M second weekend, which is just behind TFA's 149.

Could still end up passing TFA before the weekend is up. But pretty much no chance it catches it in domestic total now. (It would need to have insane holds in both weekdays and weekends.)
Phat32
AG
Big drop
Synopsis
I have to eat some crow. I absolutely hated the concept of Guardians of the Galaxy and refused to watch the movie for years. I just didn't think it would be any good.

I finally called and watched them and IMO, it's freaking FANTASTIC.
Max Power
AG
TCTTS said:

Won't all those be on the Disney streaming service for much cheaper?
fig96
AG
Synopsis said:

I have to eat some crow. I absolutely hated the concept of Guardians of the Galaxy and refused to watch the movie for years. I just didn't think it would be any good.

I finally called and watched them and IMO, it's freaking FANTASTIC.
Now go queue up Volume 2.
TCTTS
AG
Not for those of us who value uncompressed 4K. But to answer your question, yes, they'll all be available on Disney+. Still, personally, as long as it exists, I will never give up owning my favorite movies on physical media, if only because they're more reliable than an internet connection.
Sex Panther
AG
Any guess to what that box set will cost?
TCTTS
AG
Purely a guess, but maybe $250-$300 for the standard Blu-ray edition and around $450-$500 or for 4K?
Sex Panther
AG
Max Power said:

TCTTS said:

Won't all those be on the Disney streaming service for much cheaper?

First Page Last Page
Page 384 of 776

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.