*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,290,437 Views | 26934 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by jokershady
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
TXAGFAN
AG
I had to turn it off after 30 seconds. So annoying haha.
Olsen
AG
I forgot to post this yesterday:

Olsen
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Not sure if this is a spoiler or not, but I'll play it safe

Dr Jane Foster was at the premiere for Endgame. I guess this doesn't confirm she's in it or not, but it would make sense if there is time travel as she was obviously heavily involved with the reality stone in Thor 2
TCTTS
AG
maca1028
Blade was so awesome and I didn't mind Blade 3 but 2 was garbage.
Fenrir
GTFO. Blade 2 was great.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Blade 2 was the best. Blade 3 was unwatchable.
maca1028
Blade 2 better than 1?
Bruce Almighty
AG
Yes, and it was also the best critically reviewed of the series, so I'm not alone.
maca1028
I guess I need to go back and watch it. I saw it once and remember not caring too much about it.
c-jags
Bruce Almighty said:

Blade 2 was the best. Blade 3 was unwatchable.

I actually enjoyed all 3 blades. We didn't have MCU back then.
TCTTS
AG
WandaVision... six-hour runtime (likely translating to six episodes), starts shooting in the fall. Olsen also teases a potential 1950s setting??? Does Vision have the ability to time travel? Or am I misinterpreting the "tease"?

TCTTS
AG
Also, I might be crazy - and I'm not taking her literally - but it sounds like Olsen is doing an I Dream of Jeannie / Flintstones / mid-century sitcom-esque theme song impression there, which would also lend credence to a mid-century time period.
TCTTS
AG
Whoa. Idea... what if in Endgame, Wanda and Vision are brought back from The Snap/the dead but somehow get caught up in the potential quantum realm/time travel shenanigans, and then get STUCK in the '50s?

Damn it, Marvel, this was probably the MCU installment I was looking forward to the least, but now I'm at least intrigued...
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Dro07
AG
Longshot
double aught
AG
TCTTS said:

Also, I might be crazy - and I'm not taking her literally - but it sounds like Olsen is doing an I Dream of Jeannie / Flintstones / mid-century sitcom-esque theme song impression there, which would also lend credence to a mid-century time period.
That was definitely the Andy Griffith theme song she was doing there. Whether she realized it or not, I don't know.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
maca1028 said:

Blade 2 better than 1?
No way. Blade 1 is absolute greatness.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Fenrir said:

GTFO. Blade 2 was great.

Truth. del Toro's sequel was awesome.
jac4
AG
TCTTS said:

Whoa. Idea... what if in Endgame, Wanda and Vision are brought back from The Snap/the dead but somehow get caught up in the potential quantum realm/time travel shenanigans, and then get STUCK in the '50s?

Damn it, Marvel, this was probably the MCU installment I was looking forward to the least, but now I'm at least intrigued...

What if it's basically a reboot of Quantum Leap with Wanda/Vision? Wanda could be Sam and Vision could be an amalgamation of Al/Ziggy.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Wanda and Vision get stuck in the 50s and we get some weird Leave it to Beaver type show, while Falcon and Winter Soldier get stuck in the 70s/80s and we get some type of 48 hours/Lethal Weapon buddy cop type show.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Wanda and Vision get stuck in the 50s and we get some weird Leave it to Beaver type show, while Falcon and Winter Soldier get stuck in the 70s/80s and we get some type of 48 hours/Lethal Weapon buddy cop type show.

Lol, bucky "I'm getting too old for this sh**"
TCTTS
AG
jac4 said:

TCTTS said:

What if it's basically a reboot of Quantum Leap with Wanda/Vision? Wanda could be Sam and Vision could be an amalgamation of Al/Ziggy.
Probably a little too similar to the Loki series, which is Loki meddling in various historical events on Earth.
redline248
AG
Any chance the actress was just making stuff up and not giving honest answers? Does that ever happen in those kind of interviews? I mean, she said they don't start filming til Fall?

On the other hand, back in the 50s could allow Haley Atwell to come back as Peggy Carter.
YellAgs
AG
redline248 said:

On the other hand, back in the 50s could allow Haley Atwell to come back as Peggy Carter.
yes please
AgfromHOU
AG
They tried that with Agent Carter
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

Any chance the actress was just making stuff up and not giving honest answers? Does that ever happen in those kind of interviews? I mean, she said they don't start filming til Fall?

As was pointed out, Agent Carter series has been done. Two seasons with a bit of a cliff hanger at the end of the second leaving a somewhat hollow feeling. Though I am going to add that at times, the second season went a tad further in on the femjnism angle.
redline248
AG
I watched Agent Carter, don't remember when it took place. After WW2, so she could still be find SSR/pre-shield stuff.

Just saying if this new show is in the 50s, the opportunity is there.
AMW2010
AG
TCTTS said:

I didn't hear a word she said, was just enjoying her nice cleavage
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

While that '50s aesthetic hint doesn't sound like it gives us much of a... vision... of the series, it's actually a bigger clue than it appears. The 1950s-style setting heavily suggests that WandaVision will be adapting a version of Tom King's award-winning The Vision series, which follows Vision as he attempts to follow through with his yearning for humanity by creating an android family. They settle in a sweet suburban house that looks eerily like a 1950s neighborhood, but things go spectacularly wrong as Vision's grasp for normality takes on a sinister edge.

With Vision meeting a tragic end in Avengers: Infinity War, and his fate still up in the air with Avengers: Endgame, it's possible that WandaVision may take this premise and reverse it. Scarlet Witch, may use her reality-altering powers to recreate Vision and create a normal domestic life for themselves, only for things to get out of hand.

We're deep in speculation territory at this point, but Olsen's hints at the series drawing from comics and the 1950s aesthetic seem to point to King's series. It aligns with Marvel chief Kevin Feige's description of WandaVision as "something unexpected and surprising, as well as something we can only do in a longform series." It would certainly be darker and more ambitious than almost anything Marvel has done before.

Olsen
AG
Feige confirms Shang-Chi movie is in the works right now and is set in Phase 4.
AMW2010
AG
Google Thanos... and press his gauntlet
TCTTS
AG
It's just a bunch of standard results for me. Where's the gauntlet?
First Page Last Page
Page 379 of 770

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.