*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,344,310 Views | 27127 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by TCTTS
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Didn't work for me either
Olsen
AG

AMW2010
AG
TCTTS said:

It's just a bunch of standard results for me. Where's the gauntlet?

It worked for me the first time... the gauntlet snapped, and then all my pages started to disappear... it was really cool.. then I clicked it again and the time stone lit up and everything came back
AMW2010
AG
https://mashable.com/article/google-thanos-snap-search-results/
Quad Dog
AG
So does WandaVision just have a 50s aesthetic, kind of like the show Legion had?
TCTTS
AG
But Legion is its own universe. They can't just suddenly turn the modern MCU world we've been watching for 11 years into a '50s aesthetic. The only thing I can think of, like that article states - if not time travel - is Vision or Wanda somehow manipulating their immediate reality around them.
double aught
AG
AMW2010 said:

Google Thanos... and press his gauntlet
This seems pretty risky with the supposed spoilers that are out there now.
maca1028
Update on my crazed attempt at rewatching everything before Sunday. Just finished Thor, I think I might stop after Winter Soldier, I've seen everything else somewhat recently.
TCTTS
AG
I hadn't clicked on my original post in this thread in years, but I just re-read it, and it's hilarious how incredibly wrong - but also kind of sort of right - it was. So funny to read four and a half years later, on the day of Endgame's release...

Quote:

Anyway, Badass Digest just posted a pretty interesting article about Marvel's phase three plans. Namely, that Avengers 3 may be lacking the core team we know now, and will instead serve to bring together many of the newly-introduced characters from Guardians of the Galaxy and whoever else Marvel will be introducing in phase three. Granted, we've been assuming the GOTG and phase three characters would be included, but I don't think anyone suspected Avengers 3 might not feature, say, Captain America or Thor (if anything, we thought those characters might die in A3). That said, it sounds like Marvel then may bring them back AFTER Avengers 3? I'm sure even Marvel doesn't have it all figured out at this point, but it's definitely interesting to hear the direction they may be leaning...

http://badassdigest.com/2014/10/05/your-favorite-avengers-may-not-be-in-avengers-3/
PDWT_12
AG
Anybody want to post their MCU rankings before we all potentially get a new #1? Nothing crazy about mine, although I know there is some differing opinions on Civil War, and some may think I have Ant Man too low (it's still a really good movie).

GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

Whoa. Idea... what if in Endgame, Wanda and Vision are brought back from The Snap/the dead but somehow get caught up in the potential quantum realm/time travel shenanigans, and then get STUCK in the '50s?
My guess?

Wanda and Vision blinked.....

Olsen
AG

bearamedic99
AG
So during my rewatch of stuff, I started wondering

I get why Tony abandoned the Iron Legion idea with Ultron but why not advanced suits for above average SHIELD agents? It could be trial by fire for future heros. Why not incorporate antman's shrinking and growing tech into more people's wardrobes like IM himself or cap? It might diminish the OG who used that tech but they could have advanced versions and give leftovers to SHIELD Marines or such. Falcon's gear as well. There could be a sky blotting Armada of Falcons. Lots of characters have arisen from trying to replicate Cap's super soldier serum and other bio experiments but the tech suits are seldom replicated.

bearamedic99
AG
Also, we'll have Okoye, M'Baku, and the dust off Shuri from Wakanda. We likely will have Pepper Potts from IM's world. Peggy is dust before dust became popular but we may see Sharon Carter from Cap's world. We definitely have Wong from Strange's world. Not sure of anyone from Hulk's cinematic world. The Asgardians are diminished so not much coming from Thor's world other than maybe Loki or Sif. The Van Dynes are gone from Ant-Man but could we see Goliath (at least as tech support) or Ghost? Did Ghost retain her powers?

Any other peripheral characters coming to face the universe's greatest fight? It's so stupid that the Defenders won't be around. Yes you may argue that they might be outclassed but no more than BW, Hawkeye, or Okoye.

This would be a great time for a Nova Corps survivor to show up to help, maybe in end credits.
bearamedic99
AG
Less than 4 hours for me until EG
hurleyag
AG
bearamedic99 said:

I get why Tony abandoned the Iron Legion idea with Ultron but why not advanced suits for above average SHIELD agents? It could be trial by fire for future heros. Why not incorporate antman's shrinking and growing tech into more people's wardrobes like IM himself or cap? It might diminish the OG who used that tech but they could have advanced versions and give leftovers to SHIELD Marines or such. Falcon's gear as well. There could be a sky blotting Armada of Falcons. Lots of characters have arisen from trying to replicate Cap's super soldier serum and other bio experiments but the tech suits are seldom replicated.

I think a lot of it is lack of trust. We've already seen Tony be betrayed by his business partner that was selling tech. Hank Pym was always cautious of others, including Stark. Ironman 2 was almost exactly the premise of creating these for the army.

And I recall Falcon being part of a division of the Air Force that used those but they were decommissioned. So In theory the others in his unit should still have their wings too,
Farmer1906
AG
hurleyag said:

bearamedic99 said:

I think a lot of it is lack of trust. We've already seen Tony be betrayed by his business partner that was selling tech. Hank Pym was always cautious of others, including Stark. Ironman 2 was almost exactly the premise of creating these for the army.

And I recall Falcon being part of a division of the Air Force that used those but they were decommissioned. So In theory the others in his unit should still have their wings too,
They don't. Cap & Widow broke in and stole them for him.
TCTTS
AG
I think everyone knows the drill by now, but just in case... this thread and the standard Endgame thread are for NON-SPOILER reviews/reactions ONLY. Please keep ALL spoiler talk in the Endgame SPOILER thread, please. Thanks!
TexasAggie_02
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

if you pause that vid at 12 secs : you can see that the Chitauri are back
Olsen
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://babylonbee.com/news/ultimate-troll-move-jesus-returns-moments-before-avengers-endgame-premieres

Quote:

WORLDIn what's being called an "epic troll," heaven has announced that Jesus will return just moments before Avengers: Endgame begins playing tonight.

According to sources, His return is staggered to various timezones. He will rapture up His church into glory just as the opening credits begin on the film all around the world, pulling believers away from being able to find out what happens to the Avengers.

"It just seemed like the right time," an angelic representative said. "And it's just classic Jesus, having a little bit of fun. Really hilarious move on His part. Good show."

Christians are split on this decision, with many being excited to go see the Lord and enjoy Him forever in eternity, and others wishing they could have stuck around for another three hours to see the conclusion to last year's Infinity War.

"Yes, I'm excited about the new heaven and the new earth," one man said. "But man, if He could have just waited like one day... ugh."
TexasAggie_02
AG
Dr. Horrible
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/when-to-pee-during-avengers-endgame-bathroom-break-run-for-it/

Note: I opened it enough to see that it said "no spoilers", but did not read past that to confirm, so use at your own risk...
AgfromHOU
AG
TCTTS said:

I think everyone knows the drill by now, but just in case... this thread and the standard Endgame thread are for NON-SPOILER reviews/reactions ONLY. Please keep ALL spoiler talk in the Endgame SPOILER thread, please. Thanks!

We should quote/repost this every so often
TCTTS
AG
Good idea, but I'll leave that up to others. If *I* do it too much, people will whine that I'm trying to play king of the entertainment board or whatever.
Claude!
Dr. Horrible said:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/when-to-pee-during-avengers-endgame-bathroom-break-run-for-it/

Note: I opened it enough to see that it said "no spoilers", but did not read past that to confirm, so use at your own risk...
I don't care about spoilers, so I read through it. There aren't any substantive spoilers. It suggests peeing when a location title card comes up about a half hour into the film or when a character is eating just over an hour in. The article does unequivocally state that there are no good times to pee during the final hour of the movie.
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

Good idea, but I'll leave that up to others. If *I* do it too much, people will whine that I'm trying to play king of the entertainment board or whatever.

Bows head

"My liege"
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

I always thought of you as the Highborn Lord of the Board and I was your b@stard
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther
AG
Keep your eye on Littlespilner
TCTTS
DVC2010
AG
See y'all in three hours.
jtstanley4621
AG
Be careful out there guys. Literally just looked at my twitter and it recommend "avengers: end game. Here's what happened" on like the top. Immediately unfollowed it. I'm seeing it Saturday so I just have to walk a tightrope with spoilers tomorrow....
Dr. Horrible
I don't feel like flipping through all the recent pages to see if this was posted already, but it can't hurt to post it again...
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Meanwhile, over at the WB/DC offices:

First Page Last Page
Page 380 of 776

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.