*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,513,120 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
boy09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
double aught said:

jackie childs said:

double aught said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Captain Marvel is definitely going to find/save Tony
Based on the trailers for Captain Marvel, I don't have any interest in her playing a part in Avengers End Game at this point. Of course that could change when her film comes out.
captain marvel just helping tony get back to earth would be the perfect role for her to play in end game
Yeah, that wouldn't be bad. I just don't want the new kid coming in to save the day. Especially since she seems kind of dull.
Lol. How about we just wait and actually see the movie first? Jeez....
Olsen
AG
New Avengers trailer trying to spoil Super Smash Bros Ultimate release day today.
wangus12
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Farmer1906 said:

I hope it stays that way. Obviously they're going to rematch Thanos, but no really details at all.

I wonder why Nebula wasn't with Tony.
She was (I'm pretty sure.)

They were all on the Milano.

Hope Tony's suit doesn't have a black light
TexasAggie_02
AG
so did Scott Lang drive the Van from San Fran to upstate NY?
tamusc
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Traffic probably wasn't too bad....
TexasAggie_02
AG
MBAR
AG
The idea that Capt Marvel is going to be nothing but a space Uber for Tony is laughable. She's going to play a major role.
MBAR
AG
boy09 said:

double aught said:

jackie childs said:

double aught said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Based on the trailers for Captain Marvel, I don't have any interest in her playing a part in Avengers End Game at this point. Of course that could change when her film comes out.
captain marvel just helping tony get back to earth would be the perfect role for her to play in end game
Yeah, that wouldn't be bad. I just don't want the new kid coming in to save the day. Especially since she seems kind of dull.

Seriously
double aught
AG
boy09 said:

double aught said:

jackie childs said:

double aught said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

So what type of discussion is acceptable to you?
jtstanley4621
AG
Yep, trailer doesn't really tell you much at all. Cool to see Hawkeye back. Felt like more of a teaser than an actual trailer. No real plot details given.
wangus12
AG
tamusc said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Traffic probably wasn't too bad....
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Anyone able to explain what the significance of the Hawkeye to Ronin transformation is?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Max Power
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

Anyone able to explain what the significance of the Hawkeye to Ronin transformation is?
I don't know much about the comics, but I'm guessing he loses his entire family in the aftermath of Infinity War, then he becomes Ronin.
RadAg14
AG
Hard as bricks
AggieLitigator
I'd call that a teaser more than anything
tamusc
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

It's awesome
MooreTrucker
AG
double aught said:

boy09 said:

double aught said:

jackie childs said:

double aught said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

So what type of discussion is acceptable to you?
Ones that don't assume facts not in evidence, such as Capt Marvel being dull.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Max Power said:

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

I don't know much about the comics, but I'm guessing he loses his entire family in the aftermath of Infinity War, then he becomes Ronin.
Yeah, and I don't think it's even going to be a question:

Hawkeye will be going for the head......
redline248
AG
For some, the Captain Marvel trailer is evidence that "she seems dull." Nothing wrong with that.
double aught
AG
I don't wanna drag down this thread, but I simply said she seems dull from the trailers, a sentiment shared by a number of people. It was an opinion (not a fact) I gave in response to someone else mentioning her role in A4.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I imagine there is going to be some time travel in this movie. I'm hoping that Captain Marvel is a key to the actual travel part, but is MIA in the final battle because no one knows where she is when the go back in time. That would be an interesting way to integrate her into the story without ruining the journey that these other characters have been on.
jtstanley4621
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

Ronin is ultimately sort of a more badass, no holds barred version of Hawkeye. He uses swords instead of bows. I think it's safe to assume that Hawkeye's family is dusted, which is what fuels the transformation. Pretty much a broken Hawkeye with nothing to lose.

Also in that scene they seem to be in Japan. The term "Ronin" stems from feudal Japan.

Here's what Ronin looks like in the comics (per Wikipedia)

TexasAggie_02
AG
heh, just noticed that when Scott says "hey, can you buzz me in?" the gate is actually chained and padlocked shut.
DartAg1970
AG
Any significance to the Purple of the "End Game" and everything around it?

Wondering if the end game has anything to do with the power stone?
fig96
AG
I have never read this arc and I'm totally going to go buy it right now.

Sidenote: if you have any interest in Hawkeye at all, do yourself a favor and find the Matt Fraction/David Aja book (2012-2015 or so). Brilliant.
swimmerbabe11
I want to know who is dead at Hawkeyes feet.

Looks human.
Urban Ag
AG
MBAR said:

The idea that Capt Marvel is going to be nothing but a space Uber for Tony is laughable. She's going to play a major role.
Clearly. And I think that is grinding a lot of people's gears. To have any single new character jump in right here at the end and have some significant impact in to defeating Thanos and/or reversing the snap, just seems illegitimate and contrived.

I'm not rooting against A4. Quite the opposite. I just hope they can pull this off without blemishing what has been a mostly amazing series of movies.
AliasMan02
AG
My response to this is, what about the past decade, and the Russo Bros in particular, makes you even begin to consider this to be a possibility? They're not going to screw it up.
jtstanley4621
AG
I'm going to withhold judgement in regards to Captain Marvel until I actually see the movie. Looking back, I'm pretty sure I thought Chris Evans was flat/boring as Captain America after the first trailer for that movie.

Larson is a fantastic actress. I would be surprised if Marvel "allowed" Captain Marvel to be a bad or boring movie
hurleyag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Hawkeye reaveal, Ant-man Appearing, title reveil.

Did I miss any?
Max Power
AG
I just hope Captain Marvel gets to make a rad entrance. When Thor showed up with Stormbreaker in IW to kick ass was one of the most fun moments in the MCU. I have total faith in the Russo's to do this right. I'm also looking forward to the return of The Hulk. I checked out IMDB to see if there might be any surprises and I didn't notice anything of note.
TexasAggie_02
AG
hurleyag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Hawkeye reaveal, Ant-man Appearing, title reveil.

Did I miss any?
new release date? wasn't it originally may, now it's april like IW?
jtstanley4621
AG
Max Power said:

I just hope Captain Marvel gets to make a rad entrance. When Thor showed up with Stormbreaker in IW to kick ass was one of the most fun moments in the MCU. I have total faith in the Russo's to do this right. I'm also looking forward to the return of The Hulk. I checked out IMDB to see if there might be any surprises and I didn't notice anything of note.
Someone on reddit recut that scene to have Immigrant Song playing when he lands and starts kicking ass. Had they done that in the actual movie, I would have lost it. Too epic.
AliasMan02
AG
Is Thor in the Raft?

No, went back and looked... where he is looks familiar, though. Can't place it.
jtstanley4621
AG
Another interesting thing: I wonder what (if any) scenes were made just for the trailer. I know they did that for Infinity War.
First Page Last Page
Page 317 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.