*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,357,785 Views | 27153 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's right. What was the last thing we saw him do in that movie?
MBAR
AG
TCTTS said:

Ha, seriously. It's the third highest grossing movie in history and he still finds a way to sh*t on the accomplishment.

This is cool!

A third tier comic book character came out of no where to shine a light on an underserved audience and become the third highest grossing movie EVER.

Why do so many people feel the night to discredit or "Well, actually..." it?

Was the best movie ever? No. But in this day and age, when everything is analyzed and predicted down to the dollar, it's pretty dang cool to see something like this happen.
I wonder....
Farmer1906
AG
TCTTS said:

That's right. What was the last thing we saw him do in that movie?

He showed up with the helicarriers.... that's all I remember.
TCTTS
AG
Ok, cool, yeah. Thanks.
AMW2010
AG
Thanos has more stones in this trailer, at like around the :23 second mark
redline248
AG
Wish I hadn't read that. Oh well
TCTTS
AG
Spoiler Alert: Thanos collects Infinity Stones.
redline248
AG
I know, it's not a big deal. But knowing he collects them is different than knowing in which order (which can probably be figured out by seeing which ones he has).
TCTTS
AG
Ok, yeah, I'll give you that.
Brick Tamland
How do you figure? It looks like the blue and purple light from the space and power stones
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You seem to have taken my post personally. I'm not ****ting on this movie or on its accomplishment, but pointing out the misleading tweet. It's a common occurrence in sports stats, too.

Sorry if it ruffled your feathers.
TCTTS
AG
There was literally nothing misleading about that tweet. I don't even know what you're talking about.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Relax, man. It's not like you wrote the tweet.

Not everyone is out to get this movie.
AMW2010
AG
Brick Tamland said:

How do you figure? It looks like the blue and purple light from the space and power stones

Brick Tamland
Thanks, I didn't stop the video quick enough
MBAR
AG
redline248 said:

I know, it's not a big deal. But knowing he collects them is different than knowing in which order (which can probably be figured out by seeing which ones he has).
You're assuming that the scene is the same in the movie. Remember Thor's eyes in the Ragnarok trailer? Marvel does tailer specific CGI as misdirection.
swimmerbabe11
M.C. Swag said:

Would anyone actually care if he died in the first 5 min? lol he's easily the most expendable avenger.

Just sayin'

A pox on you, a pox on your house, and a pox on anyone who starred that post.
The Collective
AG
I'm just laughing that BES found a way to bring up ROTS.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TajMaballer
AG
I wonder if Black Panther will get a box office bump right before Infinity War. I'm doing a total rewatch and am very much interested in going back to the theater for a viewing right before.

That tv spot from yesterday does hype me up to see not only Infinity War even more, but also Black Panther again.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Same here, I'll watch it the weekend before IW.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TajMaballer said:

I wonder if Black Panther will get a box office bump right before Infinity War. I'm doing a total rewatch and am very much interested in going back to the theater for a viewing right before.

That tv spot from yesterday does hype me up to see not only Infinity War even more, but also Black Panther again.
I have been watching all of the MCU movies in a chronological order that I found on some website. Started with The First Avenger. Last one I that I watched was Ant-Man, next up is Civil War. After that, per the website, is Black Panther. I was not originally planning to include BP in my marathon, but man, the opportunity is still there ... I'm thinking I'll just go ahead and see that one in the theater again.
JuliusCaesarAggie
Which will push its gross closer to TFA. Exactly like they want!
mazag08
AG
TajMaballer said:

There's really nothing to catch that a casual viewing the first time doesn't expose. It was an extremely simple and cliche origin story.
TexasAggie_02
AG
James Gunn shoots down Adam warlock/ soul stone theory.

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/james-gunn-shoots-down-cosmic-fan-theory-about-the-soul-stone-in-infinity-war?__source=Blastr_Vayner_syfy_Facebook&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=jamesgunnshootsdowntheory&utm_term=paid&utm_content=link_ad
texasaggie04
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

James Gunn shoots down Adam warlock/ soul stone theory.

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/james-gunn-shoots-down-cosmic-fan-theory-about-the-soul-stone-in-infinity-war?__source=Blastr_Vayner_syfy_Facebook&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=jamesgunnshootsdowntheory&utm_term=paid&utm_content=link_ad

Shame, I liked that theory. Maybe we won't find out until captain marvel... Who knows.
TajMaballer
AG
Just finished Captain America: The First Avenger in my rewatch and think this one benefits the most from rewatches.

Also, Peggy Carter might be one of the best characters in the MCU. Kinda hope we get an appearance from Haley Atwell in Captain Marvel.
AliasMan02
AG
TajMaballer said:

Just finished Captain America: The First Avenger in my rewatch and think this one benefits the most from rewatches.

Also, Peggy Carter might be one of the best characters in the MCU. Kinda hope we get an appearance from Haley Atwell in Captain Marvel.

Her performance was great. Heart wrenching when she had her memory episode and suddenly was seeing Steve for the first time again.
dave94
AG
TajMaballer said:

I really do love the First Avenger. Chris Evans embodies that character so damn perfectly. I really do love the first half when he's still little Steve.
fig96
AG
mazag08 said:

TajMaballer said:

There's really nothing to catch that a casual viewing the first time doesn't expose. It was an extremely simple and cliche origin story.
Yeah, other than great action, performances, set and costume design, and a fun story I don't know why anyone would see it again.
fig96
AG
fig96 said:

redline248 said:

Don't think this movie has the staying power, though.
I'm betting you're wrong on that one.
Too early to bring this one back up?
redline248
AG
fig96 said:

fig96 said:

redline248 said:

Don't think this movie has the staying power, though.
I'm betting you're wrong on that one.
Too early to bring this one back up?
I actually wondered if you would about a week ago. I'm honestly surprised.
TajMaballer
AG
FTACO97
AG
So I watched Captain America: Winter Soldier last night for my binge of the MCU films leading up to Infinity War. It's always been a favorite of mine, but it now stands at the very top of all the movies. Such a good movie. For my money, there's no better Captain America action sequence than him clearing the deck of that ship at the beginning of the movie.

Also reminded me that Infinity War should be awesome as it's Russo brothers again, same directors.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
FTACO97 said:

So I watched Captain America: Winter Soldier last night for my binge of the MCU films leading up to Infinity War. It's always been a favorite of mine, but it now stands at the very top of all the movies. Such a good movie. For my money, there's no better Captain America action sequence than him clearing the deck of that ship at the beginning of the movie.

Also reminded me that Infinity War should be awesome as it's Russo brothers again, same directors.
Also my favorite thus far of all these movies. I actually rank all three Captain America movies in the top 6 of the MCU (along with the first Iron Man, the first Avengers, and the first Guardians of the Galaxy).

The Russo brothers also did Civil War. I expect IW to be fantastic and to potentially overtake The Winter Soldier.
First Page Last Page
Page 244 of 776

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.