*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,518,350 Views | 27740 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought Hawkeye retired after AOU? Then again I have only seen Civil War once. My brain constantly hits max capacity.

And I am a casual fan for sure.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Urban Ag said:

I thought Hawkeye retired after AOU? Then again I have only seen Civil War once. My brain constantly hits max capacity.

And I am a casual fan for sure.
He came out of retirement in Civil War.
TCTTS
AG
What was the last thing we saw Hawkeye do? Where was he? At the airport in the big CW fight?
redline248
AG
In jail on the "raft." We assume cap broke him out.
Quinn
AG
He's one of the five original Avengers who has been in both Avnegers movies and Civil War. That's why people are wondering why he isn't in the movie with every single character MCU has created.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Quinn said:

He's one of the five original Avengers who has been in both Avnegers movies and Civil War. That's why people are wondering why he isn't in the movie with every single character MCU has created.

Unless I missed it, how do you know he's not in the movie? He's listed as part of the cast.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Quinn said:

Unless I missed it, how do you know he's not in the movie? He's listed as part of the cast.
I don't want to vouch for the accuracy, but on IMDB for IW he is listed in the cast. As is the gal who portrays his wife.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154756/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm
TexasAggie_02
AG
Imdb.com is like Wikipedia, people can edit it. Until the movie comes out we won't know for sure.
dcaggie04
AG
The Russo's say that the absence of Hawkeye in all the promotional material will make sense as you watch the movie.
Bobcat06
AG
The Russos killed Jeremy Renner?
jeffk
AG
Cap secretly hated him and left him in the raft.
Farmer1906
AG
They don't want to hype a character that dies in the first 5 min of the movie.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Imdb.com is like Wikipedia, people can edit it. Until the movie comes out we won't know for sure.
Hence why I said I didn't want to vouch for its accuracy. I figured that might be the case.
M.C. Swag
AG
Would anyone actually care if he died in the first 5 min? lol he's easily the most expendable avenger.

Just sayin'
mazag08
AG
When Hulk falls through Stranges roof, he lands on Hawkeye in the middle of one of Hawkeyes sarcastic responses.
AliasMan02
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Would anyone actually care if he died in the first 5 min? lol he's easily the most expendable avenger.

Just sayin'

He totally stole the show in Ultron. Loves me some Hawkeye.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, Renner has been a pleasant surprise as Hawkeye. One of the strongest supporting heroes.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Easily the best spot yet, and gets more more excited than either trailer has so far...

redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

I like the movie, but this is ridiculous.

Like, universities could spend years researching this as a case study.
TCTTS
AG
I think it's pretty simple. Give a massive, underserved audience something they want but have never had, and this is the result.
TXAGFAN
AG
TCTTS said:

I think it's pretty simple. Give a massive, underserved audience something they want but have never had, and this is the result.
Magic Johnson has made billions off this formula for what it's worth.
redline248
AG
Yes, but the real victory was hitting both the underserved AND the mainstream.
TCTTS
AG
True.
Liquid Wrench
TCTTS said:

I tend to think the Kevin Smiths of the world gave Hollywood a distorted view of comic book fans. Turns out there were tons of regular people from different backgrounds who liked superhero stories, and Marvel Comics was sitting on decades worth of solid material. I've said all along that if you take away the costumes, it's a goldmine of SciFi/Fantasy action material that appeals to broad segments.
MooreTrucker
AG
ChiliBeans said:

TCTTS said:

I tend to think the Kevin Smiths of the world gave Hollywood a distorted view of comic book fans. Turns out there were tons of regular people from different backgrounds who liked superhero stories, and Marvel Comics was sitting on decades worth of solid material. I've said all along that if you take away the costumes, it's a goldmine of SciFi/Fantasy action material that appeals to broad segments.
Agreed. I remember a post awhile back that compared each Marvel movie to a certain "regular" movie style, like Winter Soldier was a political thriller, etc.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

This tweet is kind of misleading by trying to put it in a club with The Force Awakens. It's not even in the same stratosphere yet.

The distance between TFA and Black Panther ($277M) is the same distance between Black Panther and Revenge of the Sith. (At #34).

Coincidentally, #34 is where Black Panther sits on the Domestic list adjusted for inflation, right behind Sleeping Beauty.
redline248
AG
Raining on parades
TCTTS
AG
Ha, seriously. It's the third highest grossing movie in history and he still finds a way to sh*t on the accomplishment.

This is cool!

A third tier comic book character came out of no where to shine a light on an underserved audience and become the third highest grossing movie EVER.

Why do so many people feel the night to discredit or "Well, actually..." it?

Was the best movie ever? No. But in this day and age, when everything is analyzed and predicted down to the dollar, it's pretty dang cool to see something like this happen.
Sex Panther
AG
Defend that Star Wars honor!
redline248
AG
Lol, I was totally screwing with BES. I find the "well, actually..." more meaningful than just throwing out gross total.

I mean, it's great that an entire subsection of our society has something that inspires them, or whatever.
TCTTS
Bruce Almighty
AG
There was nothing misleading about that tweet.
TCTTS
AG
Half watching The Winter Soldier on FX while streaming Johnny in The Spring League game.

Is this the last time we saw Fury?
Farmer1906
AG
TCTTS said:

Half watching The Winter Soldier on FX while streaming Johnny in The Spring League game.

Is this the last time we saw Fury?

AoU
First Page Last Page
Page 243 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.