***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,745,211 Views | 16328 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Scotty Flamingo
Geralt of Rivia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
The fact that it's supposed to be "no dq" makes the tweet asking how it will end even more bs

"Rollins wins"
"The Fiend wins"
"DQ"

Or something to that effect
Scotty Flamingo
Wwe managed to **** up the best thing they had going...those aew chants were warranted
Ambres
AG
Butcher of Blaviken said:

That might go down as the dumbest ****ing thing I have ever seen WWE do ...like that may be worse than finger poke of doom
Sorry Mae Young giving birth to Mark Henry's Sandwich still wins .. got to love 90s wrestling.
ShawnTxAg
AG
Like I said earlier in the night...... This ppv was a cluster!!!! Capital C!!!! AEW better be holding a emergency meeting right now w all their writer's and planning on goin all IN!! They are literally in the driver's seat and better not go in the ditch.....
Scotty Flamingo
Geralt of Rivia
S
That wasn't a PPV main event
Scotty Flamingo
Ambres said:

That might go down as the dumbest ****ing thing I have ever seen WWE do ...like that may be worse than finger poke of doom
Sorry Mae Young giving birth to Mark Henry's Sandwich still wins .. got to love 90s wrestling.

That was supposed to be dumb though. They had something with the Fiend and managed to royally **** it up
Ambres
AG

Ambres said:

That was supposed to be dumb though. They had something with the Fiend and managed to royally **** it up
lol true and it wasn't ppv but that was the dumbest thing ever air by wwe.. it just sold well cause they did a great job not taking themselves serious.

I just don't understand WWE .. Bray Wyatt has done two gimicks and both of them sold really well with the fans. His original gimmick with the Wyatt family was over... even the period with Matt Hardy wasn't too bad.

At first when I saw the funhouse bit I thought this was going to be stupid but the more I watch it the more I bought into it. I swear WWE is scared of pushing Bray even though all he does is deliver in both matches, mic work and has a gimick that if push right could rival Undertaker. Right now nobody in that locker room is as over as Bray and yet they keep screwing it up with bad bookings.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I'm guessing that Vince thought that having Bray have his comeback after the refs made their BS decision would be ok to us fans
maverick2076
I'm no fan of Bray Wyatt or the Fiend character. I watch wrestling with my daughter, and I don't like her watching his scenes. That being said, this was really a stupid way to treat a character that is popular.
Ambres
AG
I have a hard time doing this PPV for a number of reasons.. the late additions and the stupid finish.. but after doing some readin it looks like it is a no contest.. so I win; however, we might change this if the decision changes tomorrow.. ie they announce at Raw that Seth was "insert dq without saying dq"

Sorry folks .. i know I didn't do a good job on this one.

Pay per View/Events .. winning an Event gets you 1 pt. winning Wrestlemania gets you 2 pts.
Summer Slam - Geralt
King of the Ring - Ambres
Clash of Champions - Bunk
Hell in a Cell - Ambres
Survivor Series -
Royal Rumble -
Wrestlemania -
Ok need Icecream and Cactus to get in 3 of the remaining matches that haven't occur yet.... please get it in so we can count those matches.

Score for Hell in the Cell
Ambres - 3
Icecream_Ag - 1
maverick2076 - 2 *1
ShawnTxAg - 2
Cactus Jack - 1
Geralt of Rivia - 2 *2
BCSGrubber - 2
Butcher of Blaviken - 1 *3
Bunk - 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WWE Universal Title Hell in a Cell Match
Seth Rollins vs. The Fiend Bray Wyatt - it was a no decision so nobody gets a point.. we all lose.
Ambres - Seth
Icecream_Ag - Seth
maverick2076 - Seth
ShawnTxAg - Bray
Cactus Jack - Bray
Geralt of Rivia - Bray
BCSGrubber - Bray
Butcher of Blaviken - Bray
Bunk - Bray
Dan Scott
AG
Not popular opinion but I loved it. HIAC was a throwaway PPV, they didn't want to crown Bray there. It's a continuation of the story. Rollins got some payback for the terror bray inflicted last few weeks and it showed the ruthless side come out of him. At the same time Bray you better kill him because he's going to come back and back until one of you is dead
Scotty Flamingo
Dan Scott said:

Not popular opinion but I loved it. HIAC was a throwaway PPV, they didn't want to crown Bray there. It's a continuation of the story. Rollins got some payback for the terror bray inflicted last few weeks and it showed the ruthless side come out of him. At the same time Bray you better kill him because he's going to come back and back until one of you is dead

ANGRY OPINIONS ONLY!!!!
Geralt of Rivia
S
If they didn't want to crown Bray there, then don't have the match. There was absolutely no reason to have it
Geralt of Rivia
S

Dan Scott said:

ANGRY OPINIONS ONLY!!!!

This. I hate agreeing with Not T Bow
Geralt of Rivia
S
I was venting to a friend about this ending, and he asked me if I was "really upset about this"...I reminded him of how he felt about the last season of Game of Thrones
Dan Scott
AG
Timing problem I guess, they couldn't wait until Survivor Series for a match. It's not Sting/Hogan. But it ended the best it could have if they needed to have a match.
Scotty Flamingo
That will go down as one of the most infamous wwe moments
Scotty Flamingo
If you're gonna do a ****ty finish at least have Bray be the one disqualified for trying to murder seth
ShawnTxAg
AG
"AEW!!!! AEW!!!! AEW!!!!"......In that moment w those two wrestlers...... Let that sink in.......
Ambres
AG
Nobody watches wrestling today and thinks it is real... Sadly, I was 15 before I figured out wrestling was fake in the early 90s. I think that our culture likes to have a winner and looser .. nobody watches an event for a tie. A DQ finish is acceptable if you don't want to change the belt but the reason fans like no-disqualification type matches is because we should be guarantee a decision.

I guess what I am trying to say .. finishes like tonight insults the fans.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Dan Scott said:

Timing problem I guess, they couldn't wait until Survivor Series for a match. It's not Sting/Hogan. But it ended the best it could have if they needed to have a match.

Why couldn't they wait until Survivor Series? There was no build for it until a random video from Bray after a random tweet (or whatever it was) from WWE about him facing the winner of Seth/Braun
Scotty Flamingo
I know this sounds over dramatic but I'm really thinking about canceling my subscription
Geralt of Rivia
S

I know this sounds over dramatic but I'm really thinking about canceling my subscription

This was me when Roman was getting shoved down our throats a few years back and he won the Rumble instead of Daniel Bryan...it didn't happen
ShawnTxAg
AG
I disagree.... I dont think thats overdramatic at all!!! I have the same feeling!! Ive been watching wrestling for 30 plus years and would love nothing more than to pass on the joys it brought me and share in the joy w my wife and daughter..... Guess thats why just recently ive been talking up AEW to them
Ambres
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

Dan Scott said:

Why couldn't they wait until Survivor Series? There was no build for it until a random video from Bray after a random tweet (or whatever it was) from WWE about him facing the winner of Seth/Braun
in fact i would have rather watch Seth vs Brock w/ Cain reveal at the end and had Kofi fight randy w/ Bray interferring while they are in the cage.. have Bray destroy Kofi w/ tonight finish .. have the Seth vs Brock as the final match.
Icecream_Ag
S

I watch a little on Monday and now Friday and then read this thread. I'll YouTube a match later if I really want to see it
Dan Scott
AG
That's where they screwed up. I would have loved a Sting/Hogan year long fued before their match where Bray didn't even touch Rollins but terrorized him. WWE sucks at that already messed it up so I think they got forced into a HIAC with the PPV coming up. And last few weeks they made the champ look like a giant vagina so they had to make him strong here. They couldn't wait another month without Seth getting some payback.
Dan Scott
AG
I listen to Solomonsters podcast every Sunday to get my recap with YouTube
Geralt of Rivia
S
Dan Scott said:

That's where they screwed up. I would have loved a Sting/Hogan year long fued before their match where Bray didn't even touch Rollins but terrorized him. WWE sucks at that already messed it up so I think they got forced into a HIAC with the PPV coming up. And last few weeks they made the champ look like a giant vagina so they had to make him strong here. They couldn't wait another month without Seth getting some payback.

This is my main issue with it. They could have slow played it...had him f*** with Seth for a while...and had him get wins against midcarders on ppv or something. WWE always seems to rush things when they really shouldn't
Scotty Flamingo
Also finn Balor is on nxt now so we wont be getting Demon vs Fiend at mania
johnnyblaze36
AG
Watched that Goldberg Chronicle after and then canceled my sub. That was the worst thing I've ever seen since the Kofi fiasco on Friday. Helluva 48 hours there, Vince.
ShawnTxAg
AG
Daaamn that bad??
ShawnTxAg
AG
Anybody seen this...
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/10/tales-from-the-mat-presents-anthony-carelli-im-done-being-660276/#.XZUFEupvu4w.messenger
TRM
AG
I liked the match storytelling of would Seth break and do something drastic to win or not, so I didn't like the fans booing all those curb stomps. My best guess is they didn't want the belt on Bray when they go to Saudi Arabia and The Fiend wins at the Survivor Series.
First Page Last Page
Page 314 of 467

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.